Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Julian Tackett KHSAA
How is the Boley kid able to transfer to LCA openly announce his recruitment on social media and still be eligible to play ? Did no one from LaRue fight this or y’all just don’t care ?????? Asking for a friend …… Julian Tackett and the KHSAA actually cleared this kids to play ?????? Mind blowing !!!!!! KHSAA and Tackett are Rotten to the core . Rich white kids can openly be recruited on line . Meanwhile poor underprivileged black foster kids are discriminated against and ruled ineligible to play. Tackett and the KHSAA need to be fired asap . Bad for kids . Good ole boy system… 
the race card is bs but lca is a private school is how its ok
I believe there is selective enforcement, but I don’t believe it has anything to do with race.
I think there is selective enforcement. Also believe that private schools should operate within their own division. It’s maybe one of the most unfair to public school pieces that exist. Kills me to see a kid openly “commit” to playing for a private school. That’s just insane.

I also believe that if a kid should be able to enroll in any school they want and have eligibility for only the school they enroll in for that entire school year. Yes, there’s caveats to that, but this whole crap where a school tries to block a kid from leaving is stupid. They hurt the kid. Don’t want to lose them, do right by them. It’s pretty simple.
[-] The following 3 users Like GreyStoke's post:
  • Deuce8, Gitback Coach, wolfcat
If there was a legitimate change of residence it would be no problem.
I don't know what the deal is with Boley but if you're referring to the kids at Somerset (which it would seem you are) then I agree, it isn't fair that he was allowed to openly shop for a school while those kids are sitting out week by week waiting for a decision.
[-] The following 2 users Like Shogun's post:
  • Deuce8, Gitback Coach
If you transfer to Boyle, it's Ok...Black, white, brown, or GOLDEN...
[-] The following 4 users Like smoke1015's post:
  • Deuce8, Diogenes, Glory_Days, Walt Longmire
(08-28-2022, 01:21 AM)mr yellow jacket Wrote: the race card is bs but lca is a private school is how its ok
Not bs at all….. FACTS …….. you don’t know the situation so stay in your lane….  Rolleyes

(08-28-2022, 02:43 AM)Shogun Wrote: I don't know what the deal is with Boley but if you're referring to the kids at Somerset (which it would seem you are) then I agree, it isn't fair that he was allowed to openly shop for a school while those kids are sitting out week by week waiting for a decision.
Foster kids who have nothing but football…..

Crying shame Tackett and the Khsaa have already robbed these kids of 20% of their season. 

Tackett is on notice …. Look for big news coverage coming this week.

Investigative reporting on corruption in the KHSAA. Tackett, Billbury , and the rest of the Crooks in KHSAA should have their bank records Subpoenaed to see who all these payments that they receive are coming from. this will get very interesting quick. Look for Tackett and others to resign.

(08-28-2022, 01:21 AM)mr yellow jacket Wrote: the race card is bs but lca is a private school is how its ok
Not bs at all….. FACTS …….. you don’t know the situation so stay in your lane….  Rolleyes
[-] The following 1 user Likes Deuce8's post:
  • Gitback Coach
KHSAA HAS BYLAWS IN PLACE REGARDING TRANSFERS. MR. TACKETT & THE BOARD OF CONTROL NEEDS TO QUIT SHOWING FAVORITISM. THEY ARE AFRAID OF LAWSUITS. THEY KEEP SHOWING FAVORITISM THEY ARE SETTING THEMSELVES UP FOR A MAJOR LAWSUIT.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Warriorhawk17's post:
  • Deuce8
(08-28-2022, 04:25 AM)smoke1015 Wrote: If you transfer to Boyle, it's Ok...Black, white, brown, or GOLDEN...
It seems you would rather see Boyle lose, than your own team win (whoever you cheer for)..
[-] The following 1 user Likes HurryUp1001's post:
  • smoke1015
The politics that are in every fiber of Kentucky from the local to the state level have been here for as long as I can remember. The nepotism and back door deals have done nothing but hold the deserving back and allow others who are less deserving but no less connected to flourish. It’s still as prevalent today as it was 100 years ago and it’s a big reason why Kentucky as a whole doesn’t produce the athletic talent other states do…. It’s also why a number of these kids decide to transfer, in order to get out from under the thumb of school districts and coaches who don’t have their best interests at heart…Scream and stomp your feet about legitimate moves all you want but it is no less morally wrong to move without a legitimate address change than it is to stick it to a kid who is gifted athletically by playing the mayor, the sheriffs, the school board member, the teachers, etc. son over them or trying to hijack stats to give another kid a leg up on them….I gave up on the KHSAA a long time ago, when you start trying to fight with them you end up in a pig lot where you realize the pig your fighting with loves to waller in the sh!t….
[-] The following 5 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!, Deuce8, Diogenes, Gitback Coach, Playcaller66
Sad sad sad for kids …..

(08-28-2022, 02:19 AM)GreyStoke Wrote: I think there is selective enforcement. Also believe that private schools should operate within their own division. It’s maybe one of the most unfair to public school pieces that exist. Kills me to see a kid openly “commit” to playing for a private school. That’s just insane.

I also believe that if a kid should be able to enroll in any school they want and have eligibility for only the school they enroll in for that entire school year. Yes, there’s caveats to that, but this whole crap where a school tries to block a kid from leaving is stupid. They hurt the kid. Don’t want to lose them, do right by them. It’s pretty simple.
Amen…… KHSAA and Tackett are not in it for the kids …… but for purely profits . Almost any other state in America if you can get your kids to school every day and on time you are welcome with open arms . 
Do right by the kids .
[-] The following 2 users Like Deuce8's post:
  • Gitback Coach, Walt Longmire
(08-28-2022, 01:35 AM)16 special Wrote: I believe there is selective enforcement, but I don’t believe it has anything to do with race.
Selective enforcement……..Hmmmmmm

in-law , selective enforcement occurs when government officials such as police officers prosecutors or regulators exercise enforcement discretion which is the power to choose whether or how to punish a person who has violated the law the bias used of enforcement discretion such as that based on racial prejudice or corruption is usually considered illegal abuse and a threat to the rule of law.

I will leave this here just in case you didn’t know what selective enforcement meant. 

?
Do it for the kids period …..
  • Gitback Coach
(08-28-2022, 01:21 AM)mr yellow jacket Wrote: the race card is bs but lca is a private school is how its ok

(08-28-2022, 01:35 AM)16 special Wrote: I believe there is selective enforcement, but I don’t believe it has anything to do with race.

Not race. Class. Not pigmentation. Dinero. Shameful.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gitback Coach's post:
  • Deuce8
(08-28-2022, 08:22 PM)Gitback Coach Wrote:

(08-28-2022, 01:35 AM)16 special Wrote: I believe there is selective enforcement, but I don’t believe it has anything to do with race.

This is why private schools shouldn’t be allowed to compete with public schools. Most states has a private schools division. The KHSAA should make them follow same rules as everyone else or play with only other private schools.
[-] The following 3 users Like Running wild 14's post:
  • BobcatForever, Deuce8, Gitback Coach
(08-28-2022, 08:29 PM)Running wild 14 Wrote:
(08-28-2022, 08:22 PM)Gitback Coach Wrote:

This is why private schools shouldn’t be allowed to compete with public schools. Most states has a private schools division. The KHSAA should make them follow same rules as everyone else or play with only other private schools.
This isn’t about public vs. private this is about kids being failed by Tackett and his constituents.. Right is right,  and wrong is wrong… They are wrong and corrupt.. have been for years ….. What happens in the dark will always come to light …. We need someone in charge who has kids best interests in mind not money….
  • Gitback Coach
(08-28-2022, 02:43 AM)Shogun Wrote: I don't know what the deal is with Boley but if you're referring to the kids at Somerset (which it would seem you are) then I agree, it isn't fair that he was allowed to openly shop for a school while those kids are sitting out week by week waiting for a decision.

Can someone let me know about this? I saw video of the Garrard game and saw a few in jerseys only on the sidelines. Wondered if there was some injuries but apparently it’s more?
This is the reality. When the ADs voted to separate the public and privates they were threatened. The legislative funding in this state is heavily bought and paid for by people who send their kids to private schools. When the potential for a split was happening the money men who control our legislature said if it passes we will kill the KHSAA and run athletics ourselves. This is the truth. So the KHSAA has to cave if they want to maintain their own existence. So ask yourself when you are voting "Does this candidate send their kid to a private school?" If the answer is yes and you care about a level playing field in athletics, you should not vote for them.

And this is not a partisan issue. Democrats and Republicans alike want to segregate their kids from public school kids.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ghostofjoey's post:
  • Deuce8
(08-28-2022, 12:16 AM)Deuce8 Wrote: How is the Boley kid able to transfer to LCA openly announce his recruitment on social media and still be eligible to play ? Did no one from LaRue fight this or y’all just don’t care ?????? Asking for a friend …… Julian Tackett and the KHSAA actually cleared this kids to play ?????? Mind blowing !!!!!! KHSAA and Tackett are Rotten to the core . Rich white kids can openly be recruited on line . Meanwhile poor underprivileged black foster kids are discriminated against and ruled ineligible to play. Tackett and the KHSAA need to be fired asap . Bad for kids . Good ole boy system… 
I can’t speak on the economic status, but a 20 year old from Louisville central was cleared and played for them during the ‘18 title game….. kids should be able to go somewhere that they can succeed the most and possibly get to the next level. With that, you’re gonna have coaches making phone calls to them. It’s the nature of the game. Even with the transfer rule, there are several ways around it. It’s open borders, if a kid can go two county’s over to get a better education, they should be able to go to play for a better team too.
The real issue is that some people are too careless to actually read the bylaws and don't transfer within the established rules. Then they go online and blame the KHSAA for their own mistakes.
The KHSAA and Tackett are a joke in general. High School sports are no different than pee wee if you really think about it. It's kids playing sports. It's not college, It's not pro. What are they going to do if you tell em to jump in a lake? If my child wants to transfer to Corbin from Estill County, he should play immediately. If my kid wants to transfer from Dunbar to Henry Clay, he should play immediately. It's not a business. It's sports for kids. The only people who get worked up over transfers are people who peaked in high school and take it too seriously in their adult years, or people that literally have nothing better to do.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Corbin's post:
  • rebels1984
(08-29-2022, 09:18 AM)Corbin Wrote: The KHSAA and Tackett are a joke in general. High School sports are no different than pee wee if you really think about it. It's kids playing sports. It's not college, It's not pro. What are they going to do if you tell em to jump in a lake? If my child wants to transfer to Corbin from Estill County, he should play immediately. If my kid wants to transfer from Dunbar to Henry Clay, he should play immediately. It's not a business. It's sports for kids. The only people who get worked up over transfers are people who peaked in high school and take it too seriously in their adult years, or people that literally have nothing better to do.

If you want your child to transfer to Corbin from anywhere, you're crazy.
(08-29-2022, 12:25 AM)GreyStoke Wrote:

Can someone let me know about this? I saw video of the Garrard game and saw a few in jerseys only on the sidelines. Wondered if there was some injuries but apparently it’s more?
I'm not 100% up to speed on the situation but I believe they are former Job Corps kids who are living with a foster family (maybe more than one family, not sure). From my understanding, one of them has been cleared but the rest are just sitting around waiting for a decision from the KHSAA. That's where it gets muddy for me. If one of them was cleared to play, and they are all at Somerset under the same or similar circumstances, then what is keeping the rest from being cleared?
(08-29-2022, 09:08 AM)jamesclay Wrote: The real issue is that some people are too careless to actually read the bylaws and don't transfer within the established rules. Then they go online and blame the KHSAA for their own mistakes.
You obviously don’t know the situation. 

I can show you all by-laws and where the kids have an exception due to the fact the parent is the wrestling coach for the district . 

This is not anyone blaming KHSAA for anything. This is fact …. Are you saying you are ok with foster kids being robbed of an opportunity to play football which is the only thing they have ????

You are definitely someone who peaked in high school and don’t know the facts. 

it’s plain and simple do right by the kids. 

Are you also ok with cutter Boley openly announcing his recruitment on social media and Khsaa doing noting about it ??
  • Viking45
(08-29-2022, 09:18 AM)Corbin Wrote: The KHSAA and Tackett are a joke in general. High School sports are no different than pee wee if you really think about it. It's kids playing sports. It's not college, It's not pro. What are they going to do if you tell em to jump in a lake? If my child wants to transfer to Corbin from Estill County, he should play immediately. If my kid wants to transfer from Dunbar to Henry Clay, he should play immediately. It's not a business. It's sports for kids. The only people who get worked up over transfers are people who peaked in high school and take it too seriously in their adult years, or people that literally have nothing better to do.
if it's not a business ,and just a game, your kid should play where he lives at. there's no advantage to switching schools just to play a simple little game. Why transfer from Lexington to Paintsville to play cornhole? Your post looks like a big ole pile of hot bullsh*t. if you switch schools you should at least have a change of address that's not an apartment that boosters provided. it is a business and you know it is. lol. Like I was telling Bull, I don't even blame schools that take advanatge, but don't like and act like you dont
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • BobcatForever
Here are my thoughts
1. The KHSAA is a joke and they are also hypocritical with many decisions they make. No disagreeing with that.

2. The KHSAA has proven that their biggest decision making usually gives priority to $$$ and convenience to their amount of work needing to be done over the actual best interest of the student athlete.

3. OP is well within reason to be frustrated with the way the KHSAA handles situations as such and sounds as if they have a personal situation that is a sensitive and sticky one.

4. With that said, OP is mis-labeling what the Boley's were doing. There is nothing illegal about a family deciding to make a legitimate change of address and exploring their options to find the best fit. Also, the fact that staffs at prospective schools are meeting with Boley is also nothing illegal.

5. I don't know the details of OP's situation, and would be very interested for them to share them in full. With that said, using a different kid with a different situation altogether (and one that technically meets the rules at that) to try and throw mud is not the way to win favor from the masses.

I would say it is best to educate everyone on the ways the KHSAA is failing their specific case. If there is a similar circumstance where the KHSAA ruled differently then that is fair game, but in this case Boley just seems to be sour grapes because it is a competing school in their district.

6. At the end of the day, my hope is kids and parents should be allowed to be put in position where they can best have their family succeed and have the best opportunities allowed for them to achieve this. For this, I hope the kids OP is alluding to are given this opportunity!
[-] The following 1 user Likes EKUAlum05's post:
  • Deuce8
(08-29-2022, 11:36 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
if it's not a business ,and just a game, your kid should play where he lives at. there's no advantage to switching schools just to play a simple little game. Why transfer from Lexington to Paintsville to play cornhole? Your post looks like a big ole pile of hot bullsh*t. if you switch schools you should at least have a change of address that's not an apartment that boosters provided. it is a business and you know it is. lol. Like I was telling Bull, I don't even blame schools that take advanatge, but don't like and act like you dont

Smile Maybe Transferring for Corn Hole might become a new trend....... I got some boards....
(08-29-2022, 08:29 AM)Ghostofjoey Wrote: This is the reality.  When the ADs voted to separate the public and privates they were threatened.  The legislative funding in this state is heavily bought and paid for by people who send their kids to private schools.  When the potential for a split was happening the money men who control our legislature said if it passes we will kill the KHSAA and run athletics ourselves.  This is the truth.  So the KHSAA has to cave if they want to maintain their own existence.  So ask yourself when you are voting "Does this candidate send their kid to a private school?"  If the answer is yes and you care about a level playing field in athletics, you should not vote for them.

And this is not a partisan issue.  Democrats and Republicans alike want to segregate their kids from public school kids.
You absolutely hit the nail on the head !!!!
!!
Its all about the money!
Not the kids ….
Wait until Tackett and his constituents bank records are Subpoenaed. Should get very interesting.
(08-29-2022, 11:59 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(08-29-2022, 11:36 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

Smile Maybe Transferring for Corn Hole might become a new trend....... I got some boards....

I wouldn't doubt that it will. lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!