Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trent Noah back to Harlan County
Noah has returned back to Harlan County
He's halfway to Hazard.
Sometimes this is done simply for summer ball and to be covered by the school’s insurance for the summer. Our school had a girl play at South Laurel for summer ball about 5 years ago and she enrolled that summer but after summer ball ended she re-enrolled at her old school. It was my understanding it was a necessity due to liability insurance. Maybe that’s what happened with this situation.
Why be the sidekick at NL when you can be the man at Harlan?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Show-stopper's post:
  • Humpty Dumpty
Wow..good news for Harlan County for sure. Noah and Huff together make a formidable duo. Two of the best in the state back together. I think they could really challenge NL this coming season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheProfessor33's post:
  • Black Bear Cuz
(08-04-2022, 01:11 PM)TheProfessor33 Wrote: Wow..good news for Harlan County for sure.  Noah and Huff together make a formidable duo.  Two of the best in the state back together.  I think they could really challenge NL this coming season.
No way North still the favorite by a lot
(08-04-2022, 03:10 PM)Lightsout3 Wrote:
(08-04-2022, 01:11 PM)TheProfessor33 Wrote: Wow..good news for Harlan County for sure.  Noah and Huff together make a formidable duo.  Two of the best in the state back together.  I think they could really challenge NL this coming season.
No way North still the favorite by a lot

I agree, NL is the e clear favorite. But, when you have a duo like Huff and Noah, you have a chance to knock them off.
Someone is happy about the new addition to the HC staff. ??
You consider a player (Noah) a new addition to the “staff”?
(08-04-2022, 05:27 PM)TheProfessor33 Wrote: You consider a player (Noah) a new addition to the “staff”?
You know what I’m talking about lol
Noah deciding after all that HC is the best place for him is a great development for the newly formed HC coaching staff! A coaching staff that will do an excellent job with this group of very talented kids I believe! Kyle Jones and Cameron Carmichael bring tremendous basketball history, work ethic and passion for the game to the program.   I believe HC will clearly be the 2nd ranked team in the 13th and will have a very legitimate shot at spoiling Reed Shepherd’s last regional tournament. This HC team will be be a tough out for any team in Ky and will be one of the most entertaining teams to watch in the state. Going to be a lot of fun following this bunch of young Harlan County folks the next couple years….Can’t wait to watch them go!!!
North laurel repeats as region champ
(08-03-2022, 11:46 PM)Show-stopper Wrote: Why be the sidekick at NL when you can be the man at Harlan?

I don't know anything about the Noah kid but I could see the draw had to he choose to stay at North Laurel...North Laurel will be playing on the big stage this year and in a packed gym most games and he would probably be seen by more college recruiters at North Laurel and have a much better chance to play in Rupp next March and possibly make a special run once there.  

But if you got the talent the coaches will find you so while I can definitely see the draw of playing sidekick to Sheppard and possibly his cousin, kudos to the kid for deciding to represent his school and community.