• Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Ashland self-reports possible recruiting violation to the KHSAA
(06-18-2022, 09:17 PM)SocratesKy Wrote:
(06-18-2022, 10:32 AM)SocratesKy Wrote:
(06-16-2022, 05:57 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:
(06-16-2022, 10:20 AM)Fanman Wrote:
(06-16-2022, 09:19 AM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: That is not true FanMan. Mays was on vacation with family and received a phone call from the guy.

A call back

(06-16-2022, 04:54 PM)SocratesKy Wrote:
(06-16-2022, 10:20 AM)Fanman Wrote:  A call back

And now the details are starting to spill out…hopefully not long now before recording is available to hear
Lol.
Whatever dude! Believe what you want it to be instead of how it is .This story has ran its course on here imo and is basically history. Time to get on with the rest of the summer and prepare for the upcoming season.
Have a good one. I’m finished with this topic. To continue to go back and forth with you fellows is giving you a false feeling of legitimacy and keeps a nonsense story active. It’s time to deactivate and get back to reality.

I believe this is far from over.  You can’t have the level of success Ashland has had over the last few years that has depended on what appears to be disregard for rules and “just move on”.  That would never happen, as it would change the landscape of Kentucky high school basketball - Ramped recruiting, even recruiting coordinators, etc.  In addition, it won’t be over until the recording hasn’t been released, KHSAA hasn’t rules on enforcement, and the enforcement has been applied (all three).  Outside of the one implicated, I’m curious to see if the school administration has any recourse?

Also, curious to know if it was a call back?  Not that it matters is ho called who but it sounds like those Ashlanders use that as an excuse as lame as that is.

Was a call back. Mays tried to play it off like he didnt know who it was, then when he found out he said "imma shoot right to the point" lol
(06-18-2022, 11:18 PM)Fanman Wrote:
(06-16-2022, 05:57 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:
(06-16-2022, 10:20 AM)Fanman Wrote:  A call back

(06-16-2022, 04:54 PM)SocratesKy Wrote: And now the details are starting to spill out…hopefully not long now before recording is available to hear
Lol.
Whatever dude! Believe what you want it to be instead of how it is .This story has ran its course on here imo and is basically history. Time to get on with the rest of the summer and prepare for the upcoming season.
Have a good one. I’m finished with this topic. To continue to go back and forth with you fellows is giving you a false feeling of legitimacy and keeps a nonsense story active. It’s time to deactivate and get back to reality.

I believe this is far from over.  You can’t have the level of success Ashland has had over the last few years that has depended on what appears to be disregard for rules and “just move on”.  That would never happen, as it would change the landscape of Kentucky high school basketball - Ramped recruiting, even recruiting coordinators, etc.  In addition, it won’t be over until the recording hasn’t been released, KHSAA hasn’t rules on enforcement, and the enforcement has been applied (all three).  Outside of the one implicated, I’m curious to see if the school administration has any recourse?

Also, curious to know if it was a call back?  Not that it matters is ho called who but it sounds like those Ashlanders use that as an excuse as lame as that is.

Was a call back. Mays tried to play it off like he didnt know who it was, then when he found out he said "imma shoot right to the point" lol
Daddy and Bestie still having the conversation between each other??Move on… Next up is a deep dive into Boyd over the last few years!   Girls and boys basketball.  I’m hearing it’s coming soon!   It has been way to careless and in everyone’s face.  You created this mess now you can reap what you sow!
(06-18-2022, 11:37 PM)Appalachian Cat Wrote:
(06-16-2022, 05:57 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: Lol.

Daddy and Bestie still having the conversation between each other??Move on… Next up is a deep dive into Boyd over the last few years!   Girls and boys basketball.  I’m hearing it’s coming soon!   It has been way to careless and in everyone’s face.  You created this mess now you can reap what you sow!

Last I checked Boyd County, or for that matter, no team in the 16th region has headlined the newspapers AND been on internet news sites for recruiting violations.  Before the recording is released, can you tell us what the "point" was of why the coach had initially called him?
(06-16-2022, 05:57 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: Lol.

If that happens, you'll see me commenting just as much on that thread.
(06-18-2022, 11:47 PM)SocratesKy Wrote:
(06-18-2022, 10:32 AM)SocratesKy Wrote: I believe this is far from over.  You can’t have the level of success Ashland has had over the last few years that has depended on what appears to be disregard for rules and “just move on”.  That would never happen, as it would change the landscape of Kentucky high school basketball - Ramped recruiting, even recruiting coordinators, etc.  In addition, it won’t be over until the recording hasn’t been released, KHSAA hasn’t rules on enforcement, and the enforcement has been applied (all three).  Outside of the one implicated, I’m curious to see if the school administration has any recourse?

Last I checked Boyd County, or for that matter, no team in the 16th region has headlined the newspapers AND been on internet news sites for recruiting violations.  Before the recording is released, can you tell us what the "point" was of why the coach had initially called him?
Per the recording, Daddy called first!  Why would he make the initial call over an 8th grader?  Kid is gonna be a good player but not at that level quite yet.  Much to prove
[-] The following 2 users Like Appalachian Cat's post:
  • Ky1976, LOOKAYANNER
IMO this is a closed case Boyd goes 0-3 or 4 to Ashland again this year! People at Boyd continues to feel like the little brother and turn attention to getting rid of Coach Anderson again or they take the kids to Ashland.

Or we could be looking at legalities with the dad for recording a conversation between what was supposed to be adults talking basketball and the other wanting what was best for his son.
(06-05-2022, 12:17 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Once this is looked into more (if the KHSAA does) which they probably won't but there is more than just this one kid. There is also two more from another school in the 16th region. There is also talk of a really good player coming in from New Jersey (I believe) and I think they hired his father to the coaching staff. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Guys I still find it hard to believe that after more than 2 weeks and over 185 post that no one has mentioned these other two incidents the two kids from another 16th region school happened as well even through there is no recorded phone conservation (lol) and I'm pretty sure the kid from New Jersey has enrolled and his father is going to be an assistant coach as well. I think it still could get real interesting between now and the start of the school year.
(06-19-2022, 06:42 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote:
(06-05-2022, 12:17 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Once this is looked into more (if the KHSAA does) which they probably won't but there is more than just this one kid. There is also two more from another school in the 16th region. There is also talk of a really good player coming in from New Jersey (I believe) and I think they hired his father to the coaching staff. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Guys I still find it hard to believe that after more than 2 weeks and over 185 post that no one has mentioned these other two incidents the two kids from another 16th region school happened as well even through there is no recorded phone conservation (lol) and I'm pretty sure the kid from New Jersey has enrolled and his father is going to be an assistant coach as well. I think it still could get real interesting between now and the start of the school year.

What schools are the other two 16th region kids from?
(06-19-2022, 08:41 PM)Fanman Wrote:
(06-05-2022, 12:17 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Once this is looked into more (if the KHSAA does) which they probably won't but there is more than just this one kid. There is also two more from another school in the 16th region. There is also talk of a really good player coming in from New Jersey (I believe) and I think they hired his father to the coaching staff. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Russell HS
(06-19-2022, 08:50 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote:

Russell HS

Are you implying that Russell is recruiting? I'd love to see the facts or proof if that is what you are saying. Let's take sports out of it for a minute. It's well known in NEKY that Russell is by far the best academic school. Myself, I don't condone any recruiting and If there is proof then Russell should be punished.
(06-19-2022, 09:23 PM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote:
(06-19-2022, 08:50 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote:

Russell HS

Are you implying that Russell is recruiting? I'd love to see the facts or proof if that is what you are saying. Let's take sports out of it for a minute. It's well known in NEKY that Russell is by far the best academic school. Myself, I don't condone any recruiting and If there is proof then Russell should be punished.
I was assuming he is saying 2 more kids transferred to Ashland FROM another 16th region school
(06-19-2022, 08:50 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote:

Russell HS

No never mentioned nothing about Russell recruiting. If you read my 3 post I never mentioned anything about Russell doing anything. I said that besides this with the kid from Boyd Co. that they had also talked to two kids from Russell about possibly coming to Ashland as well. Along with this they have a kid who is supposed to be a pretty good player coming from New Jersey and have even given the father an assistant coaching position at Ashland. That is all I have said.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16BBall Fan's post:
  • GOREDDEVILS
(06-19-2022, 09:34 PM)Fanman Wrote:
(06-19-2022, 06:42 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Guys I still find it hard to believe that after more than 2 weeks and over 185 post that no one has mentioned these other two incidents the two kids from another 16th region school happened as well even through there is no recorded phone conservation (lol) and I'm pretty sure the kid from New Jersey has enrolled and his father is going to be an assistant coach as well. I think it still could get real interesting between now and the start of the school year.

Russell HS

I was assuming he is saying 2 more kids transferred to Ashland FROM another 16th region school

That might be the case hopefully 16thbball fan will clarify.
(06-19-2022, 09:34 PM)Fanman Wrote:
(06-19-2022, 06:42 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Guys I still find it hard to believe that after more than 2 weeks and over 185 post that no one has mentioned these other two incidents the two kids from another 16th region school happened as well even through there is no recorded phone conservation (lol) and I'm pretty sure the kid from New Jersey has enrolled and his father is going to be an assistant coach as well. I think it still could get real interesting between now and the start of the school year.

Russell HS

No All I said was that besides this kid from Boyd that two players from Russell were contacted about coming to Ashland to my knowledge as of now neither player has transferred to Ashland but were talked to about the possibility.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16BBall Fan's post:
  • GOREDDEVILS
No never mentioned nothing about Russell recruiting. If you read my 3 post I never mentioned anything about Russell doing anything. I said that besides this with the kid from Boyd Co. that they had also talked to two kids from Russell about possibly coming to Ashland as well. Along with this they have a kid who is supposed to be a pretty good player coming from New Jersey and have even given the father an assistant coaching position at Ashland. That is all I have said.
[/quote]

Sorry I misunderstood you 16bball fan.
[-] The following 1 user Likes GOREDDEVILS's post:
  • 16BBall Fan
(06-19-2022, 09:41 PM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote: No never mentioned nothing about Russell recruiting. If you read my 3 post I never mentioned anything about Russell doing anything. I said that besides this with the kid from Boyd Co. that they had also talked to two kids from Russell about possibly coming to Ashland as well. Along with this they have a kid who is supposed to be a pretty good player coming from New Jersey and have even given the father an assistant coaching position at Ashland. That is all I have said.

[/quote]

Yes, there is no reason bring up recruiting in a post because all you have at Russell is accusations and nothing of substance such as a damning phone recording.  If they have such evidence of recruiting then they should be punished very harshly at any school.  Again, if the rules change and it becomes legal, then great, but until then KHSAA has to distribute very harsh punishments (i.e. ban coaches from school or post season team play for multiple seasons) to eliminate blatant recruiting efforts or we will have some schools go all in on recruitment (because punishment is irrelevant) while others try to abide by rules.  This tips the scales an extreme bit between schools.  Administrations that turn a blind eye should be punished as well.
(06-19-2022, 10:47 PM)SocratesKy Wrote:
(06-19-2022, 09:41 PM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote: No never mentioned nothing about Russell recruiting. If you read my 3 post I never mentioned anything about Russell doing anything. I said that besides this with the kid from Boyd Co. that they had also talked to two kids from Russell about possibly coming to Ashland as well. Along with this they have a kid who is supposed to be a pretty good player coming from New Jersey and have even given the father an assistant coaching position at Ashland. That is all I have said.

Yes, there is no reason bring up recruiting in a post because all you have at Russell is accusations and nothing of substance such as a damning phone recording.  If they have such evidence of recruiting then they should be punished very harshly at any school.  Again, if the rules change and it becomes legal, then great, but until then KHSAA has to distribute very harsh punishments (i.e. ban coaches from school or post season team play for multiple seasons) to eliminate blatant recruiting efforts or we will have some schools go all in on recruitment (because punishment is irrelevant) while others try to abide by rules.  This tips the scales an extreme bit between schools.  Administrations that turn a blind eye should be punished as well.
[/quote]

That was an orginal post by 16thbball i just messed the quote up. My post was only this: Sorry I misunderstood you 16bball fan.
[-] The following 1 user Likes GOREDDEVILS's post:
  • 16BBall Fan
(06-19-2022, 10:52 PM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote:
(06-19-2022, 10:47 PM)SocratesKy Wrote:

I posted to 16bball fan that I misunderstood him. I just messed up the quote and it looks like I posted it but it was 16thbball fan.
SocratesKy
GOREDDEVILS

If nothing comes of this, then shame on Ashland administration, and shame on KHSAA. Also, Coach Mays will be like Johnson Central football, nobody will schedule him. All the non district 16th region teams except for 2 I believe have kept him off the schedule for next year.
(06-19-2022, 10:58 PM)Fanman Wrote: SocratesKy
GOREDDEVILS

If nothing comes of this, then shame on Ashland administration, and shame on KHSAA. Also, Coach Mays will be like Johnson Central football, nobody will schedule him. All the non district 16th region teams except for 2 I believe have kept him off the schedule for next year.

If Russell keeps Ashland, it will be because they are a heated rival.
(06-19-2022, 11:03 PM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote:
GOREDDEVILS

Beating them last season helps. Also, fun fact, Coach Mays emailed all the referees personally after that loss last season to tell him how bad they were. True story.
Looks Like Rowan and Russell both have Ashland on the schedule. Some other schools don't have their full schedule out yet on the khsaa. Russell plays Ashland one time this season and that is to be played at Ashland on Jan 17th.
(06-19-2022, 11:11 PM)Fanman Wrote:
GOREDDEVILS

Beating them last season helps. Also, fun fact, Coach Mays emailed all the referees personally after that loss last season to tell him how bad they were. True story.
I find that hard to believe. That’s not his personality whatsoever. 

I was not going to post again but a few of you guys just keep going on and on and on….
You’ve tried your best to make the coach appear to be some big over the top recruiter that can’t win without doing that, when it truth he has not recruited a single player since he came to Ashland. The first year he coached he won the region and one game at Rupp with zero transfers. The second year Porter transferred in on his own, no recruiting. The third year the Marcum boy’s parents moved to Ashland from West Virginia. I think one of the was one the medical profession and worked at the hospital. No recruiting there, just parents moving and working. The Carter kid came from Greenup from 8th grade. No recruiting there. And 8th graders at the time could transfer legally anywhere they wanted and evidently he wanted to be at Ashland. The fourth year James Mayor transferred from Bath County. So, in Coach Mays’ first four years he had 4 transfers. Yes, only 4, and average of ONE per year, much less than most schools around the state. I think Clark had more than Ashland’s total of 4 in one year alone. This year, coaches’ 5th, the DeBoard kid transferred from Boyd. I’m sure the young man and his parents had their reasons for transferring but I can guarantee you that he was not enticed or recruited into Ashland. 95% recruiting allegations are are baseless. As I have mentioned before, if a program is successful in sports and a school is successful academically they are attractive to parents and students. Just because parents move their kids from one school to another is not always recruiting. Matter of fact, it seldom is. 
As for the dad calling Mays about his son, well, about any coach in the state will most likely listen to what a parent of an 8th grader has to say if said parent is shopping his kid around. As we all are aware, at the time of the phone call 8th graders were not regulated under KHSAA transfer rules. That will change June 30. I know if it had been me in my coaching days I would have definitely spoke with the fellow and listened to what prompted him to make the call. That’s not recruiting. That’s hearing out a parent talking about possibly transferring his kid. Big difference.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LOOKAYANNER's post:
  • Ky1976
I can’t believe people are still talking about this. 7 pages into something nobody has any proof about haha. It’s funny how everyone that’s crying never talks about facts. It’s …I heard….so and so told me….I heard it on the view hahaha! Y’all a bunch of clowns
[-] The following 2 users Like RAMDAD50's post:
  • Appalachian Cat, Ky1976
(06-20-2022, 06:02 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:
GOREDDEVILS

I was not going to post again but a few of you guys just keep going on and on and on….
You’ve tried your best to make the coach appear to be some big over the top recruiter that can’t win without doing that, when it truth he has not recruited a single player since he came to Ashland. The first year he coached he won the region and one game at Rupp with zero transfers. The second year Porter transferred in on his own, no recruiting. The third year the Marcum boy’s parents moved to Ashland from West Virginia. I think one of the was one the medical profession and worked at the hospital. No recruiting there, just parents moving and working. The Carter kid came from Greenup from 8th grade. No recruiting there. And 8th graders at the time could transfer legally anywhere they wanted and evidently he wanted to be at Ashland. The fourth year James Mayor transferred from Bath County. So, in Coach Mays’ first four years he had 4 transfers. Yes, only 4, and average of ONE per year, much less than most schools around the state. I think Clark had more than Ashland’s total of 4 in one year alone. This year, coaches’ 5th, the DeBoard kid transferred from Boyd. I’m sure the young man and his parents had their reasons for transferring but I can guarantee you that he was not enticed or recruited into Ashland. 95% recruiting allegations are are baseless. As I have mentioned before, if a program is successful in sports and a school is successful academically they are attractive to parents and students. Just because parents move their kids from one school to another is not always recruiting. Matter of fact, it seldom is. 
As for the dad calling Mays about his son, well, about any coach in the state will most likely listen to what a parent of an 8th grader has to say if said parent is shopping his kid around. As we all are aware, at the time of the phone call 8th graders were not regulated under KHSAA transfer rules. That will change June 30. I know if it had been me in my coaching days I would have definitely spoke with the fellow and listened to what prompted him to make the call. That’s not recruiting. That’s hearing out a parent talking about possibly transferring his kid. Big difference.

Ask him.
(06-20-2022, 06:14 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: I can’t believe people are still talking about this. 7 pages into something nobody has any proof about haha. It’s funny how everyone that’s crying never talks about facts. It’s …I heard….so and so told me….I heard it on the view hahaha! Y’all a bunch of clowns

LOL, did you see the post that was taken down this afternoon...Think again.

(06-20-2022, 07:13 PM)SocratesKy Wrote:
(06-20-2022, 06:14 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: I can’t believe people are still talking about this. 7 pages into something nobody has any proof about haha. It’s funny how everyone that’s crying never talks about facts. It’s …I heard….so and so told me….I heard it on the view hahaha! Y’all a bunch of clowns

You sir are the clown

You sir are the clown

You are the clown. You just don't realize it.
GOREDDEVILS

Just a question, but have you heard the recording?  If not, what are you basing your assumptions on?
(06-21-2022, 01:23 PM)SocratesKy Wrote:
GOREDDEVILS

Just a question, but have you heard the recording?  If not, what are you basing your assumptions on?
Just a question, how exactly did you record it when you were trying to bait and trap another grown man?  Lol
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next