Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
PIKEVILLE 2022 SEASON
Still very early, but it will be here before we know it. A lot of work for the Panthers but imo Pikeville, with the experience it returns has a great chance of being at Kroger taking on whoever is left standing after the 1-A semifinals.
(04-21-2022, 10:45 PM)Big Five-0- Wrote: Still very early, but it will be here before we know it. A lot of work for the Panthers but imo Pikeville, with the experience it returns has a great chance of being at Kroger taking on whoever is left standing after the 1-A semifinals.
What’s your thoughts on hazard? Can they compete with Pikeville?
Yes
Yes Hazard will always compete but Pikeville should win Class A going away with what they bring to the table. Of course that is no guarantee. Pikeville is so loaded but nobody in Class A will concede...
(04-22-2022, 12:53 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Yes Hazard will always compete but Pikeville should win Class A going away with what they bring to the table. Of course that is no guarantee. Pikeville is so loaded but nobody in  Class A will concede...
If QB gets figured out and solidified nobody in 1A should compete with pikeville.
[-] The following 1 user Likes irishcard16's post:
  • jetpilot
(04-22-2022, 01:14 AM)irishcard16 Wrote:
(04-22-2022, 12:53 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Yes Hazard will always compete but Pikeville should win Class A going away with what they bring to the table. Of course that is no guarantee. Pikeville is so loaded but nobody in  Class A will concede...
If QB gets figured out and solidified nobody in 1A should compete with pikeville.
Watch Isaac Duty (freshman) overpowering people on the mound in baseball and see what a great athlete he is. I realize you know him from JH but look at him now. He will be a star with all he has on offense. I expect to see Belfry vs. PT in the finals also and PT won't stop Belfry running game as long as we live lol.
(04-22-2022, 01:27 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
Watch Isaac Duty (freshman) overpowering people on the mound in baseball and see what a great athlete he is. I realize you know him from JH but look at him now. He will be a star with all he has on offense. I expect to see Belfry vs. PT in the finals also and PT won't stop Belfry running game as long as we live lol.
Oh I know duty well. But first year starter isn’t an easy task. I’m sure by the end of the year he will be great.
Duty, Isaac 6 3 21.0 12 7 5 16 27 2 368 1.67

Against a killer schedule...1.67 ERA and overpowering much older batters
He will be a star on the football field
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-
(04-22-2022, 01:39 AM)irishcard16 Wrote:
Oh I know duty well. But first year starter isn’t an easy task. I’m sure by the end of the year he will be great.
I hear you. Especially against their schedule. I think we will both be at Kroger again.
(04-22-2022, 01:42 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
I hear you. Especially against their schedule. I think we will both be at Kroger again.
Very possible. We have big shoes to fill in the backfield. Lol
(04-22-2022, 01:44 AM)irishcard16 Wrote:
(04-22-2022, 01:14 AM)irishcard16 Wrote: If QB gets figured out and solidified nobody in 1A should compete with pikeville.
Yes but the system always endures.
(04-22-2022, 01:46 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(04-22-2022, 01:27 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Watch Isaac Duty (freshman) overpowering people on the mound in baseball and see what a great athlete he is. I realize you know him from JH but look at him now. He will be a star with all he has on offense. I expect to see Belfry vs. PT in the finals also and PT won't stop Belfry running game as long as we live lol.
Probably safe to expect a more fullback heavy attack next year
[-] The following 1 user Likes irishcard16's post:
  • jetpilot
(04-22-2022, 01:48 AM)irishcard16 Wrote:
(04-22-2022, 01:39 AM)irishcard16 Wrote: Oh I know duty well. But first year starter isn’t an easy task. I’m sure by the end of the year he will be great.
Probably safe to expect a more fullback heavy attack next year
Yes and that is textbook Belfry that opens up everything else. Nobody downstate can figure it out since it's 85% finesse down there lol.
Pikeville will undoubtedly have the most talented roster in 1A and should be the favorite to win state again next fall. I do think the passing game takes a step back, but that's okay because the rushing attack Pikeville is going to have is going to be overwhelming for anyone they'll likely see in the playoffs. Defensively, Pikeville will be swarming again and also overwhelm teams with their size and depth in 1A.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackcatAlum's post:
  • Big Five-0-
(04-21-2022, 11:19 PM)Show-stopper Wrote:
(04-21-2022, 10:45 PM)Big Five-0- Wrote: Still very early, but it will be here before we know it. A lot of work for the Panthers but imo Pikeville, with the experience it returns has a great chance of being at Kroger taking on whoever is left standing after the 1-A semifinals.
What’s your thoughts on hazard? Can they compete with Pikeville?
Hazard is one of those teams that never quits and will always compete. Coach Howard will keep them in the right direction, and he's building a good staff there as well. YES they will compete with Pikeville.

(04-22-2022, 03:35 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: Pikeville will undoubtedly have the most talented roster in 1A and should be the favorite to win state again next fall. I do think the passing game takes a step back, but that's okay because the rushing attack Pikeville is going to have is going to be overwhelming for anyone they'll likely see in the playoffs. Defensively, Pikeville will be swarming again and also overwhelm teams with their size and depth in 1A.
The talented soph. QB Isaac Duty replacing Isaac McNamee is a good move. He's an athlete in the pure sense that can be relied on as the new season advances. Duty is young, no doubt, but with his knowledge and love of the game , along with his natural  athleticism, watch for him to mature and season into one of the best QB that has come out of Pikeville High. Good point made about the run game. Look for it to be a familiar sight as Pikeville's backs run early and often to open the season as Duty get's more familiar at his QB position .Blake Robinson returns at RB this season, so watch for more of the same with another year under his belt along with his strength and conditioning. Also, look for soph Brenden Anthony ( strong and a load ) along with Soph Blake Caudill and others to get their share of carrying the mail this season. Imo, Pikeville once again looks to be the strong favorite to be in Lexington come early Dec.
Pikeville will be favorite to win Class A championship. They return majority of line on both sides and Birchfield who was their best player. QB is only question they really have to answer. Don’t be surprised to see Sam Wright at QB. With running attack they will have I don’t think they will put the ball in the air as much as past couple of years. Defense will be tough to score on especially for most of 1A schools. I see back to back titles for the Panthers
Does anyone have their schedule?
So tell me some names that most people don’t already know that could really step up this season for the Panthers. Who by seasons end will be some new names that could become major contributors?
In my reply to BLACKcatALUM'S post #14, I incorrectly referred to rb Blake Birchfield as Blake Robinson. Wrong athlete stated. Just want to correct this oversight. Best of luck to both young men.
What recruits have pikeville brought in this year? They recruit every year. They couldn't win a state championship with homegrown kids.
(04-29-2022, 06:29 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: What recruits have pikeville brought in this year? They recruit every year. They couldn't win a state championship with homegrown kids.
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
With the OLine and Running backs Pikeville returns they probably won't need to air the ball out too much next season against Class A competition but it's gonna be interesting too see how the new QB develops and how the offense evolves as a result.

With the schedule they have Pikeville will be battled tested and ready come playoff time.
(04-22-2022, 01:14 AM)irishcard16 Wrote: If QB gets figured out and solidified nobody in 1A should compete with pikeville.

You have unlimited West Virginians to chose from. lol
Any chance Pikeville elects to play up in upcoming re-alignments?
Pikeville is scheduled to have new carpet installed this summer. Anyone know if work has started yet?
(05-07-2022, 10:05 PM)Big Five-0- Wrote: Pikeville is scheduled to have new carpet installed this summer. Anyone know if work has started yet?
Work will begin upon the conclusion of baseball season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Panther Thunder's post:
  • Big Five-0-
(05-04-2022, 10:09 AM)RoShamBo Wrote: Any chance Pikeville elects to play up in upcoming re-alignments?

0.0%
(04-22-2022, 01:27 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Watch Isaac Duty (freshman) overpowering people on the mound in baseball and see what a great athlete he is. I realize you know him from JH but look at him now. He will be a star with all he has on offense. I expect to see Belfry vs. PT in the finals also and PT won't stop Belfry running game as long as we live lol.
The system will stop enduring come July 1.
(05-08-2022, 10:41 PM)KingCommodore Wrote:
(04-22-2022, 01:39 AM)irishcard16 Wrote: Oh I know duty well. But first year starter isn’t an easy task. I’m sure by the end of the year he will be great.
The system will stop enduring come July 1.
The system you hate where great schools smack your crappy schools down will always endure no matter how many tears fall like rain.
So a few kids I’m excited to see this year….
First and foremost a fully healthy Carson Wright. Time for that kid to have a little good luck and return to the player everyone thought he’d be a couple years ago. Secondly I really like Anthony, the kid is a D-O-double G
His work ethic is second to none. Also really anxious to see what Blake Caudill can bring to the table this year. The kid is too good an athlete to not be on the field in some aspect. I’d personally like to see him get some D Line reps. With his strength now and his quickness, he could be a major problem for much slower OL.. I’ll mention a few more kids going forward thru the next weeks that I’m really excited to see how they’ve matured and in what aspect they’ll be able to contribute for this years Panther team.