•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Corbin 2022
Or maybe Boyle players are just better than Corbin players.
(04-27-2022, 11:24 PM)Fan of many Wrote: Or maybe Boyle players are just better than Corbin players.

Here’s an idea maybe you should do some research and look at the last time Corbin and Boyle played…and who Corbin’s HC was at the time….I know it’s hard to keep up so soon after basketball season but keep on chasing those district titles Pulaski’s only beat you how many times in a row?  Undecided
(04-27-2022, 03:24 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Corbin loses to Johnson Central and all a sudden their coaches just flat out suck.  JC has been beating teams down for a long time.  Haddix doesn’t get that 5th year rule he doesn’t beat JC this year.
You honestly believe that without the QB, Boyle couldn't have scored more than 13 points? JC had been putting 40+ on everyone and scored 13 against Boyle. It wasn't exactly a shootout LOL.
[-] The following 2 users Like HurryUp1001's post:
  • BEChargers, Rebel55
I understand were corbin fans are at, when you get as close and Corbin has in the last few years, I know we have been there at FC. The things between winning it all and not winning it are so apparent in the end. Hang in there.
[-] The following 2 users Like FCSPY's post:
  • Bull got out!, TD Hounds
(04-27-2022, 11:24 PM)Fan of many Wrote: Or maybe Boyle players are just better than Corbin players.
Boyle has had some unbelievable talent in their prime years. Corbin has had better in the last 2 years. Especially last year. It really isn’t comparable. I look at this year as the same as 2015 kentucky basketball. Corbin was like kentucky more talented and should’ve won but the coach messed up everything. Boyle is like duke, very talented with an outstanding coach and that’s why they win.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gridiron_Raid's post:
  • Bull got out!
(04-27-2022, 03:24 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Corbin loses to Johnson Central and all a sudden their coaches just flat out suck.  JC has been beating teams down for a long time.  Haddix doesn’t get that 5th year rule he doesn’t beat JC this year.

I hate the 5th year rule but that was the rule. Boyle still wins with or without the rule, though. 

And they are going to be better than Corbin this year, too.
(04-27-2022, 01:45 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(04-27-2022, 12:24 PM)jamesdeane Wrote: History repeats itself. Coach Hilton leaves Bell County in the late 1990's after winning numerous region titles and state championships. Greer takes over and loses in the second round of the playoffs in '98, '99, and '00. 20 years later and the same thing happening at Corbin. Bell had Coach Hilton come back and get Bell competitive again. Ain't no Haddix coming back to save Corbin. The good ole boys at Corbin are willing to let the current coaching staff burn the program to ground rather than admit that they royally screwed up. And this is coming from a LONG time Corbin supporter.

The big difference is Dudley left on his own accord, not because of back door dealing and being undermined by the administration and superintendent.  Haddix didn’t kiss their @ss and bow in their presence so they effectively ran him off.  I’ve lived my entire existence as a Redhound and am as passionate about our team as anyone but politics in the administration has been terrible for as long as I can remember and it has held the program back in the process.  A broom is needed and qualified people from outside the system need to be brought in from school systems that have shown a commitment to sports as well as academics.  This common theme that we have all the talent to win with and the coach doesn’t matter is horse sh!t.  Haddix should have had complete control when he was hired and shown the potential he had, not been constantly berated and undermined by a bunch of 60 year old adolescents trying to relive the glory days while wringing their hands over the color of some cleats, socks, or the paint scheme of the helmets….

A person couldn't say it any better.  The head coach should always have full control. He should have quality assistants to help him, but never be over ruled by admin or assistant coaches.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Playcaller66
(04-28-2022, 02:54 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:
Boyle has had some unbelievable talent in their prime years. Corbin has had better in the last 2 years. Especially last year. It really isn’t comparable. I look at this year as the same as 2015 kentucky basketball. Corbin was like kentucky more talented and should’ve won but the coach messed up everything. Boyle is like duke, very talented with an outstanding coach and that’s why they win.

Puke's coach is a B*tch Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • 16 special, Bull got out!, Playcaller66
(04-28-2022, 05:00 PM)jamesclay Wrote:

I hate the 5th year rule but that was the rule. Boyle still wins with or without the rule, though. 

I gotta disagree that they win without Gillis. He was a difference maker on both sides of the ball this year in the finals. Just my opinion, I think they probably make the finals but lose to jc.
(04-30-2022, 11:19 AM)16 special Wrote:

I gotta disagree that they win without Gillis. He was a difference maker on both sides of the ball this year in the finals. Just my opinion, I think they probably make the finals but lose to jc.

No doubt Gillis was a huge part of the team and if you removed just him it changes the game. However, don’t forget if Boyle didn’t have Gillis due to no 5th year rule then JC would have lost multiple 5th year players as well including key lineman. So without the covid year my opinion is that I still think Boyle wins.
(04-30-2022, 01:37 PM)fansville Wrote:
(04-30-2022, 11:19 AM)16 special Wrote:

No doubt Gillis was a huge part of the team and if you removed just him it changes the game. However, don’t forget if Boyle didn’t have Gillis due to no 5th year rule then JC would have lost multiple 5th year players as well including key lineman. So without the covid year my opinion is that I still think Boyle wins.
Very fair point
Justin Haddix is a brilliant football mind and an outstanding coach; however, he is not the infallible human some of you portray him to be. I'm not going to get into a character debate, there's no need, and I'm not picking on him. We all fall short of perfection and he is no different. I've moved on and forgiven his trespasses just as I hope that any I've wronged have forgiven me.

On the football side, he isn't perfect either. He blew the state championship game against Louisville Central in 2018 and while his preparation was impeccable against Belfry in the semis in 2016, his poor play-calling late in the 3rd and 4th quarters cost us that one as well.

Hey, that's what being a young coach is all about. He's brilliant but made mistakes, and he has clearly improved even more as evidenced by his consecutive state titles.

Not looking for an argument, just think it bears mentioning that he isn't perfect on or off the field before I transition into my point, which is that this is a Corbin 2022 thread and the Redhounds end the drought this year.

Unlike some, I'm pleased with the staff and the approach/mentality with this Corbin team. This team is far bigger and more talented up front on the defensive side and will feature explosive, dynamic weapons on the offensive side.

We all know that JC, Boyle, Franklin, Central, etc. will be solid if not great, but I like this Corbin team. While nothing is certain and their inexperience could cause them to drop a game or 2 early, this bunch of Redhounds is better equipped to run the gauntlet late.

P. S. - Remember, I'm the guy that told you all AFTER Corbin dismantled Franklin County early last season that we had no shot to win it. I knew from watching a couple of scrimmages we couldn't stop JC or Boyle. And now I'm telling you this, we have work to do and need the good Lord to keep us healthy, but we're the most talented team in 4A this year, write it down.
(05-01-2022, 06:55 PM)Bazooka Joe Wrote: Justin Haddix is a brilliant football mind and an outstanding coach; however, he is not the infallible human some of you portray him to be. I'm not going to get into a character debate, there's no need, and I'm not picking on him. We all fall short of perfection and he is no different. I've moved on and forgiven his trespasses just as I hope that any I've wronged have forgiven me.

On the football side, he isn't perfect either. He blew the state championship game against Louisville Central in 2018 and while his preparation was impeccable against Belfry in the semis in 2016, his poor play-calling late in the 3rd and 4th quarters cost us that one as well.

Hey, that's what being a young coach is all about. He's brilliant but made mistakes, and he has clearly improved even more as evidenced by his consecutive state titles.

Not looking for an argument, just think it bears mentioning that he isn't perfect on or off the field before I transition into my point, which is that this is a Corbin 2022 thread and the Redhounds end the drought this year.

Unlike some, I'm pleased with the staff and the approach/mentality with this Corbin team. This team is far bigger and more talented up front on the defensive side and will feature explosive, dynamic weapons on the offensive side.

We all know that JC, Boyle, Franklin, Central, etc. will be solid if not great, but I like this Corbin team. While nothing is certain and their inexperience could cause them to drop a game or 2 early, this bunch of Redhounds is better equipped to run the gauntlet late.

P. S. - Remember, I'm the guy that told you all AFTER Corbin dismantled Franklin County early last season that we had no shot to win it. I knew from watching a couple of scrimmages we couldn't stop JC or Boyle. And now I'm telling you this, we have work to do and need the good Lord to keep us healthy, but we're the most talented team in 4A this year, write it down.
Hey Good ol boy! How are you? I’m one of those guys that said people like you were crazy when it all went down. You are proving me right! And NO.  Corbin is NOT the most talented team this year. A Good team if they keep the players, but I don’t see that either.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HighViz's post:
  • Bull got out!
(05-01-2022, 06:55 PM)Bazooka Joe Wrote: Justin Haddix is a brilliant football mind and an outstanding coach; however, he is not the infallible human some of you portray him to be. I'm not going to get into a character debate, there's no need, and I'm not picking on him. We all fall short of perfection and he is no different. I've moved on and forgiven his trespasses just as I hope that any I've wronged have forgiven me.

I was excited about reading your great post through the first half of it, until you said are pleased with the staff. lol
(05-01-2022, 11:31 PM)HighViz Wrote:

Hey Good ol boy! How are you? I’m one of those guys that said people like you were crazy when it all went down. You are proving me right! And NO.  Corbin is NOT the most talented team this year. A Good team if they keep the players, but I don’t see that either.

Lol, I'm good, how are you? I was right last year, time will tell this year. From what I see they will keep all key players, and they added one that not many know about. It's gonna be interesting.

(05-01-2022, 11:33 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

I was excited about reading your great post through the first half of it, until you said are pleased with the staff. lol

Lol, thanks, I think they're doing a good job with this bunch.

As far as being most talented, who else in 4A has 5-6 kids (at minimum) that are going to earn D1 scholarships in their junior/senior class? And that doesn't include Elam, who is a sophomore that is already committed to play baseball at UL. If he were football only I feel pretty good about his ability to make a D1 roster at qb.
^ R U any kin to cattleman, asking for myself???
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!

franklin has 22 kids that are d2 or better according to fcpsy .. how are you more talented than them ..
[-] The following 1 user Likes WhomTheBellTolls's post:
  • Gitback Coach
Corbin had all the talent in the world last year and they did not make it past the region. So I am not sure that talent is the end all be all. A lot of talented teams don't win the state championship. Corbin has had this talent for years now and has nothing to show for it. I think I see the common denominator with Corbin.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RunninReb's post:
  • Gitback Coach
(05-02-2022, 05:57 AM)64SUR Wrote: ^  R U any kin to cattleman, asking for myself???

Think they must be double first cousins. They also belong to the Good ol Boy Club together. Fake News and Hype club Presidents.  For anyone to say they are happy with this staff and what they are doin also jus tells me they are trolling as well.

(05-01-2022, 11:41 PM)Bazooka Joe Wrote:

Lol, I'm good, how are you? I was right last year, time will tell this year. From what I see they will keep all key players, and they added one that not many know about. It's gonna be interesting.

As far as being most talented, who else in 4A has 5-6 kids (at minimum) that are going to earn D1 scholarships in their junior/senior class? And that doesn't include Elam, who is a sophomore that is already committed to play baseball at UL. If he were football only I feel pretty good about his ability to make a D1 roster at qb.

This also shows me you have 2 posts.   Both are about how good the current staff is.   So rewind to last year and where were you?
I love it when Corbin isn't as good as their dads think they should be.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jamesclay's post:
  • Gitback Coach
(05-02-2022, 05:57 AM)64SUR Wrote: ^  R U any kin to cattleman, asking for myself???

Don't know his identity, so who knows lol

(05-02-2022, 01:23 PM)jamesclay Wrote: I love it when Corbin isn't as good as their dads think they should be.

I illustrated my objectivity by reminding everyone that I didnt see any possibility of a state championship last season, and did so right after we beat the brakes off Franklin. I feel pretty good about my self-awarenesss.

(05-02-2022, 12:44 PM)HighViz Wrote:

Think they must be double first cousins. They also belong to the Good ol Boy Club together. Fake News and Hype club Presidents.  For anyone to say they are happy with this staff and what they are doin also jus tells me they are trolling as well.

(05-01-2022, 11:41 PM)Bazooka Joe Wrote:

This also shows me you have 2 posts.   Both are about how good the current staff is.   So rewind to last year and where were you?

What are you talking about? Fake news and trolling? Lol, I correctly predicted the ultimate outcome of last year's Corbin team after week 3. I simply voice my opinion this year now that I've seen a little spring football and I'm a "fake news good ole boy?"

Maybe you should lay off right-wing media and Qanon for a while, it's making you paranoid lol.

(05-02-2022, 12:26 PM)RunninReb Wrote: Corbin had all the talent in the world last year and they did not make it past the region. So I am not sure that talent is the end all be all. A lot of talented teams don't win the state championship. Corbin has had this talent for years now and has nothing to show for it. I think I see the common denominator with Corbin.

Must agree to disagree, last year's team wasn't as talented as most thought. Particularly, a lack of size on the defensive front proved costly in the playoffs.The 2022 team is more talented.

(05-02-2022, 09:54 AM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote:

franklin has 22 kids that are d2 or better according to fcpsy .. how are you more talented than them ..

Just because I stopped at mentioning D1 talent doesn't mean it falls off a cliff after those kids lol. There are several other kids up and down the roster that can play college football.

Postseason is all about matches, and this Corbin team is going to be very difficult to defend.
who are the 4-5 d1 kids .. west and patterson are the only kids ive seen promoted that are d1 capacity
(05-02-2022, 03:19 PM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: who are the 4-5 d1 kids .. west and patterson are the only kids ive seen promoted that are d1 capacity

Sent you a DM
2021 Corbin roster had 5 kids sign at D1 schools:
1) Seth Mills-Indiana State
2) Treyveon Longmire-EKU
3) Seth Huff-EKU
4) Brandon Baker-EKU
5) Ethan Goforth-EKU
2021 Corbin team finished the season being blown out in the regional championship game.

2022 Corbin roster has 4 players with D1 offers:
1) Brody Wells-committed to EKU
2) Dakota Patterson
3) Franklin West
4) Cameron Combs
(05-02-2022, 06:51 PM)jamesdeane Wrote: 2021 Corbin roster had 5 kids sign at D1 schools:
1) Seth Mills-Indiana State
2) Treyveon Longmire-EKU
3) Seth Huff-EKU
4) Brandon Baker-EKU
5) Ethan Goforth-EKU
2021 Corbin team finished the season being blown out in the regional championship game.

2022 Corbin roster has 4 players with D1 offers:
1) Brody Wells-committed to EKU
2) Dakota Patterson
3) Franklin West
4) Cameron Combs

Only 3 of those from last year are on scholarship, and there are at least 2 not on your list for 2022 that will be offered scholarships before long. 

So, 2021 had 3 and 2022 will have 6. Also, simply measuring the number of scholarships is a pretty obtuse way to try and predetermine results. As I stated earlier, one of the key differences between 2021 and 2022 will be size/talent on the defensive front. 

The 2 kids getting looks from D1 schools that are not on your 2022 list are at key positions for success.

Yes Justin is a brilliant coach now with 2 state championship in what was supposed to be rebuilding years. In 2016 the defense gave up 324 rushing yards that night and it hasn’t got any better in the last 2 years giving up 384 and 455 yards in their season ending losses to Johnson Central. This will not win championships got to learn to stop a good running team. Before Johnson Central Belfry was putting up big numbers on us like 372 rushing in 2015 season ending loss.
(05-02-2022, 01:23 PM)jamesclay Wrote: I love it when Corbin isn't as good as their dads think they should be.

I wonder who your team is, and how good they are.
(05-02-2022, 09:52 PM)cherokee Wrote:

Yes Justin is a brilliant coach now with 2 state championship in what was supposed to be rebuilding years. In 2016 the defense gave up 324 rushing yards that night and it hasn’t got any better in the last 2 years giving up 384 and 455 yards in their season ending losses to Johnson Central. This will not win championships got to learn to stop a good running team. Before Johnson Central Belfry was putting up big numbers on us like 372 rushing in 2015 season ending loss.

Yep, very good points. I'll defend the defense in 2016 amd 2018 by saying that the vast majority of those yards came late, after we had lost momentum due in large part to offensive missteps.

Granted, in 2016 that Belfry team was LOADED and the margin for error was very small, but we were up 17-7 before he started making peculiar playcalls that disrupted our rhythm and gave them the ball quickly, repeatedly. 

We dominated the title game against Central and the defense was flawless for a half. I can't help but think our failures to score inside the 5 on multiple occasions up to that point had an effect. I'll never understand why we didn't kick thise field goals, we could've created a margin that would have forced them out of their comfort zone and made them put it in the air.

All that to say I agree with you completely, and to say that this year's defensive line is why I'm very optimistic. It's a good group, the best I've seen in quite a while from a size and athleticism standpoint. If they gel, we should be far more competitive against the run when we run into the ground and pound specialists.
(05-02-2022, 09:52 PM)cherokee Wrote:

Corbin's defensive coaching has definitely not been as good as advertised.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Playcaller66
Bazooka, what was your previous name on here where u said they weren’t gonna win? Cause you have 6 posts. All on this thread the last 2 days. That’s the fake/shady news. You can search my post history and see all I’ve written. Also, does your son play? Jus trying to put 2/2 together here. The only way I would talk these coaches up the way you have is if I had a son that may get some playin time or I was a hardcore Good ol Boy. Maybe if I was kin to Cattleman I may say this stuff. I don’t see Corbin faithful backing you up.

Has the defense been better?
NO

Has the offense been better?
NO

Has the team been better, more productive?
NO

Has the team played in December?
NO

Will it be talked about for years to come about how the Good ol boy club took something good and made it worse for the kids and school.
YES

Will somethe kids stay thru another year of this drama or will they go.
GO, and we will see how right I am come July.

Help me out here a little.
[-] The following 3 users Like HighViz's post:
  • Bull got out!, Gitback Coach, Playcaller66
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next