• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Corbin 2022
https://www.thenewsjournal.net/corbin-to...n-classic/

Corbins unofficial schedule should look something like the following based off of last years. This will be close

Aug 19   Pigskin Classic vs Pikeville @ Corbin
Aug 26   Whitley County @ Corbin
Sept 2   Franklin County Away
Sept 9   Pulaski County @ Corbin
Sept 16   Somerset Away
Sept 23   Open
Sept 30   Simon Kenton Away
Oct 7      Knox Central @ Corbin
Oct 14    Lincoln County@ Corbin
Oct 21     Wayne County Away
Oct 28    Campbell County @ Corbin

Thoughts?
9-1
(02-08-2022, 08:53 PM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: 9-1

Wow aren’t you being the optimist all of the sudden, or decided to try and be nice?
Big Grin I thought the same thing TD when I saw it, but I respect his picks, I'm not sure I will put 2 losses on Boyle County for the season. They bring back a defense that will be a force to be reckoned with this year.

4 of the last 5 teams on this schedule has a new coach for 2022. Wow!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • TD Hounds
(02-08-2022, 09:15 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Big Grin I thought the same thing TD when I saw it, but I respect his picks, I'm not sure I will put 2 losses on Boyle County for the season. They bring back a defense that will be a force to be reckoned with this year.

Big Grin maybe he got the Boyle and Corbin threads mixed up, then again Haddix doesn’t have any admirers in Bell Co so….Imo and I hope I’m wrong but we’re gonna need all the first year head coaches we can get on our schedule unless something changes I feel like some toxicity from last season is liable to bleed over into this upcoming season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!
(02-08-2022, 10:58 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(02-08-2022, 09:15 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Big Grin I thought the same thing TD when I saw it, but I respect his picks, I'm not sure I will put 2 losses on Boyle County for the season. They bring back a defense that will be a force to be reckoned with this year.

Big Grin maybe he got the Boyle and Corbin threads mixed up, then again Haddix doesn’t have any admirers in Bell Co so….Imo and I hope I’m wrong but we’re gonna need all the first year head coaches we can get on our schedule unless something changes I feel like some toxicity from last season is liable to bleed over into this upcoming season.

Yep! I'm afraid you are correct sir!
If this is the schedule, do they lose? It’s above average with pikeville but after that? I wouldn’t think of this schedule as rough as what’s been in the past. Greer must since a significant fall off in production or something. Does everyone remember the days of haddix and his gauntlet of schedules? This doesn’t compare…
10-0 but then loss in semis or regional.
Does Corbin have a lot of underclass players ready to breakout and help compete
They got one superstar ready to break out of the cocoon, Kid Elam. Never seen anything like this one.

(02-08-2022, 11:37 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: If this is the schedule, do they lose? It’s above average with pikeville but after that? I wouldn’t think of this schedule as rough as what’s been in the past. Greer must since a significant fall off in production or something. Does everyone remember the days of haddix and his gauntlet of schedules? This doesn’t compare…

Yeah they will lose probably a minimum of 3 games. Wouldn't be shocked to see a 4th loss. There are still some breaking developments that are pending. Be patient...... its coming......
(02-09-2022, 12:23 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: They got one superstar ready to break out of the cocoon, Kid Elam. Never seen anything like this one.

(02-08-2022, 11:37 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: If this is the schedule, do they lose? It’s above average with pikeville but after that? I wouldn’t think of this schedule as rough as what’s been in the past. Greer must since a significant fall off in production or something. Does everyone remember the days of haddix and his gauntlet of schedules? This doesn’t compare…

Yeah they will lose probably a minimum of 3 games. Wouldn't be shocked to see a 4th loss. There are still some breaking developments that are pending. Be patient...... its coming......
3 games or 4, must be a huge hit but yea the Elam kid has shown promise on all levels. He killed it this year on the floor too. But DEVELOPMENTS? why so secretive   Wink
(02-08-2022, 09:08 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:

Wow aren’t you being the optimist all of the sudden, or decided to try and be nice?

dont mind me i am a realist .. franklin game will be only loss
(02-09-2022, 12:55 AM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:
(02-09-2022, 12:23 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: They got one superstar ready to break out of the cocoon, Kid Elam. Never seen anything like this one.

3 games or 4, must be a huge hit but yea the Elam kid has shown promise on all levels. He killed it this year on the floor too. But DEVELOPMENTS? why so secretive   Wink

There aint no secrets in this world, if two people knows something, you can bet your bottom dollar a 100 people will know something before the day is done. 

You can give a monkey a puzzle. Its still a monkey   Big Grin
Are they going to get some more 4 star players to not tackle or to not throw the ball too? ha.
[-] The following 2 users Like FCSPY's post:
  • Bull got out!, Grumpy57

share the rumors. lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!
Make a new thread for Whitley County. My Colonels are gonna smoke some hind end Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!, jetpilot
(02-09-2022, 12:57 AM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote:
(02-08-2022, 09:08 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:

dont mind me i am a realist .. franklin game will be only loss

Couple of seasons ago you argued with me and tried to debunk the fact that Corbin had multiple D1 players.  I get it there’s no love loss between our programs we’re not supposed to be playing nice with each other on here. Turns out we where both right while the talent has been there it’s been underutilized and undeveloped mostly for petty politics and incompetence.  I hope your right but don’t be surprised if what a lot of Corbin faithful are seeing doesn’t  come true, players are quitting or thinking of transferring, and team moral is nonexistent with the rest.  If Corbin only loses one game off this years schedule as you believe then Pulaski, Somerset, and Simon Kenton must be complete dumpster fires…. Believe it or not doesn’t really matter but the talents be there for Corbin to be in the middle of a dynasty type run, there’s been enough talent that there shouldn’t have been a drop off from the last couple seasons till the end of next season but things are spiraling out of control right now and the current administration / coaching staff has their head stuck in the sand…I’m not a Dudley fan at all but there’s no denying what he’s capable of, he’s got more out of and accomplished more with the limited talent available to him than most any other coach in the state could of ever dreamed of.  Hope your right but I’m not holding my breath and wouldn’t bet my lunch money on it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!
When is Corbin putting in the turf field, before this coming season or the 2023 season?
Not happening.
(02-11-2022, 04:21 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Not happening.

Probably not, a lot of things need to change  maybe in another 30 years it will…
(02-11-2022, 04:20 PM)The Outsider Wrote: When is Corbin putting in the turf field, before this coming season or the 2023 season?
Mark it down.  You hear it first from 64SUR Corbin will get turf.
(02-11-2022, 09:25 PM)64SUR Wrote:
(02-11-2022, 04:20 PM)The Outsider Wrote: When is Corbin putting in the turf field, before this coming season or the 2023 season?
Mark it down.  You hear it first from 64SUR Corbin will get turf.

64SUR, tell us more! Smile
Well as a Corbin fan, it just saddens me that nothing has changed. Dudley Hilton jr schedules one good team, a few average, and the rest horrible. I guess we didn’t learn it’s not gonna prepare us for a title having a schedule like this. Same as last year. Same as the last game we played. They don’t adapt, change, or even attempt to correct things that aren’t working. Only way we will be a title contender is if we just outmatch everyone on the field of play. Some old head will probably get mad at me and I’m giving up on the kids. NO I’m not. Giving up on the administration part of the game. And no one can sit there and say without a doubt that I’m wrong. I’d rather have jewell back, at least he made adjustments and took responsibility when they got out coached. But it’ll be the same ole song and dance at the end for Dudley jr and us. A weak schedule will lead us to 9-1 or 10-0 going into the playoffs. Well make it to region finals and get smashed because “if we keep throwing the same D at a team it’s bound to work eventually”.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hound05's post:
  • Bull got out!, TD Hounds
(02-12-2022, 12:20 AM)Hound05 Wrote: Well as a Corbin fan, it just saddens me that nothing has changed. Dudley Hilton jr schedules one good team, a few average, and the rest horrible. I guess we didn’t learn it’s not gonna prepare us for a title having a schedule like this. Same as last year. Same as the last game we played. They don’t adapt, change, or even attempt to correct things that aren’t working. Only way we will be a title contender is if we just outmatch everyone on the field of play. Some old head will probably get mad at me and I’m giving up on the kids. NO I’m not. Giving up on the administration part of the game. And no one can sit there and say without a doubt that I’m wrong. I’d rather have jewell back, at least he made adjustments and took responsibility when they got out coached. But it’ll be the same ole song and dance at the end for Dudley jr and us. A weak schedule will lead us to 9-1 or 10-0 going into the playoffs. Well make it to region finals and get smashed because “if we keep throwing the same D at a team it’s bound to work eventually”.

It’s not about a championship anymore…You shouldn’t be complaining we only lost one game at the end of a productive season  , or so I hear anyway….
All I could read was how the coach should have been the coach of Franklin Co, did the Corbin coach beat him this year, and they even had a D1 signe RB with UK
(02-12-2022, 06:36 PM)Fan of many Wrote: All I could read was how the coach should have been the coach of Franklin Co, did the Corbin coach beat him this year, and they even had a D1 signe RB with UK

Franklin was starting a new qb. Corbin played their best game of the year…ask any Corbin fan. Moorman had a good game so they didn’t stop him. Honestly, and this is from an observers prospective, it was one of the few times. Corbin had great play calling to keep Franklin off balance. If you’re content with 3rd round…do you. ??
(02-12-2022, 09:20 PM)16 special Wrote:
(02-12-2022, 06:36 PM)Fan of many Wrote: All I could read was how the coach should have been the coach of Franklin Co, did the Corbin coach beat him this year, and they even had a D1 signe RB with UK

Franklin was starting a new qb. Corbin played their best game of the year…ask any Corbin fan. Moorman had a good game so they didn’t stop him. Honestly, and this is from an observers prospective, it was one of the few times. Corbin had great play calling to keep Franklin off balance. If you’re content with 3rd round…do you. ??
3rd round is 3rd round, better than a lot of great programs get to. Franklin starting a new qb, is part of the game. Corbin getting beat by a better Johnson Cent team is part of the game.

I agree. The qb didn't have an accurate arm in my opinion so the passing game for Franklin wasn't what it was from a year prior in that awesome season they had getting to the championship. Corbin started the season red hot as a team on defense and offense. Moorman did have a good game, but Corbin actually did stop Franklin and Moorman overall because the score backs it up. Franklin made changes and got the qb play cleaned up after dropping a few games after that Corbin game. Franklin was back to a contender and beat Central twice last year to back it up which is no easy feat. I'm not going to say Corbin had great play calling as to all they did was spread the offense and run the ball with Mills in that game in particular. Mills also started the season red hot on the offensive side of the ball and had a awesome game that game scoring 2 tds on the ground and 1 in the air. Corbin isn't content with a 3rd round exit. Those boys worked there tails off and would have done anything to win that 3rd round game, anyone knows though the boys don't hold their self-off the offense or defense and they don't call the play calls and setup their own defenses. Coaching when you get to the 3rd, 4th and final round comes into play and if you don't have a game plan, you are exposed at that time of year.

(02-12-2022, 09:30 PM)Fan of many Wrote:

3rd round is 3rd round, better than a lot of great programs get to. Franklin starting a new qb, is part of the game. Corbin getting beat by a better Johnson Cent team is part of the game.

Big Grin everything is just part of the game  Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • TD Hounds

I’ll say it again Corbin getting beat by Johnson Central isn’t the issue, Johnson Central had a great team and is a top notch program.  Corbin not being competitive and being wholly unprepared was the problem, there was no progress shown from one year to the next.  I don’t know any great programs that are happy with consistently losing in the 3rd round when the goal is to win a championship.  If Corbin had stayed within a couple touchdowns and had been in a position they could’ve won much like Franklin was the very next round I still wouldn’t be happy but it would be a lot easier to accept.  We’ll never know but if Corbin and Franklin had played a second game at the end of the season it’s hard to say it wouldn’t have been a much different game Franklin progressed throughout the season while Corbin went backwards.
[-] The following 2 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hound05
(02-13-2022, 08:30 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:

I’ll say it again Corbin getting beat by Johnson Central isn’t the issue, Johnson Central had a great team and is a top notch program.  Corbin not being competitive and being wholly unprepared was the problem, there was no progress shown from one year to the next.  I don’t know any great programs that are happy with consistently losing in the 3rd round when the goal is to win a championship.  If Corbin had stayed within a couple touchdowns and had been in a position they could’ve won much like Franklin was the very next round I still wouldn’t be happy but it would be a lot easier to accept.  We’ll never know but if Corbin and Franklin had played a second game at the end of the season it’s hard to say it wouldn’t have been a much different game Franklin progressed throughout the season while Corbin went backwards.
I agree. I still think we should have beat them. But that’s another conversation and not worth it. But you’re right. There was so many issues with that game that it would be tough to list them all. And 95% come back to the very top. They’ve bread a toxic atmosphere for 2 years. They won’t adapt or make changes. We’ve regressed in the past 2 1/2 years. And that’s my problem.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Bull got out!

Mediocre administration and  coaches wasting talent is part of the game. I've been watching it for decades.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Big Five-0-
  • 1(current)
  • Next