• 1(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Who does Breathitt go after now?
Gonna take a coach with thick skin to be able to handle it in J'town.
(04-14-2022, 02:14 PM)catsrule Wrote: Gonna take a coach with thick skin to be able to handle it in J'town.

I think Holland will apply for it.
No way Holland leaves Hazard. I’ve heard BB as well but if BB leaves Knott, I’m sure it’ll be to retire. Maybe Assistant Coach Doug Noble gets another shot at being head coach. Who knows honestly.
John Noble is a great guy, but sometimes change is needed. I think his coaching style and the personality of this years team, didn't mesh well together. I think he was too nice at times, and this played a role in the Bobcats playing out of control. I don't know how difficult the parents are, but if they are as difficult as some let on, then a proven coach, with a no nonsense approach, would be best for the program. I don't know who that may be, but these boys need to be pushed, not pampered.
Did Noble quit?
(04-14-2022, 02:43 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Did Noble quit?

Yes
Whoever it is better win a state championship in the first year or 2.
[-] The following 1 user Likes king360's post:
  • WaterBoy15thregion
Holland has been looking for a way out, he almost went to Letcher before he “retired”. I say Holland goes to Breathitt, he can handle them. Heard Jon Walker would be Hazards next coach if Al leaves.
Be interesting to see, lot of different coaches in region now.
Noble hard to replace great guy, tough skin needed to hold that job at Breathitt.
- Al, BB - would be everyone's first choices I'm sure based off what they have done in years past.
- Taylor - at Letcher Central only D1 coach in region in sometime maybe ever. No recruits at all and still 13 wins with roughest schedule LC play in years. 8 of those losses less than 4-6pts. But, heard he has deep family ties at LC keeping him there and not in college. He would be use to the talent level and discipline needed.
- Hall - at Estill after the run they had this year 18 wins. Returning players are strong with a culture already in place, injury hurt them ton this year with record. Benton being healthy all year would've definitely impacted his record being better overall. They return a great team though be hard to leave. Been coaching long enough to deal with the outside noise at Breathitt. Also hall has ties to the Lexington Winchester area.
- Farler - at Cordia and that's hard to do in the conditions Cordia is in currently even though he is able to recruit his players yearly. He would be use to the talent level as well. Had a good run in the region this year as well. Knocked out Hazard this year as well in the region an was up some of game in Estill. Ties close to Breathitt Co as well.
- Doug Noble was asst this season there I'm sure has connections with the players and a hometown guy who is well liked in Breathitt County from his playing days and coaching.
Breathitt has a 1 year window now with all their Sr’s I look for Sperry to leave after next year. I look for Breathitt to spiral out of control if they don’t get a high level coach. The parents there right now are crazy with their expectations.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Reds#1Fan's post:
  • WaterBoy15thregion
It’s not all parents. You got a few in particular who are causing all of this drama. But they know it all and are great arm chair qbs. I wish I. The end none of this happened. Breathitt had a great year. District champs all a champs all a state runner up and a very good and tough Florida tournament championship. But like I said before some parents think they are bigger than the program.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mountain Monster's post:
  • king360, WaterBoy15thregion
Maybe Bentley former Estill and current Montgomery head coach.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Strikeout King's post:
  • ThePowellPirate
Lol Breathitt’s parents couldn’t handle Coach Bentley’s style of basketball. They want to run and gun which is 100% opposite of John’s style. Not saying anything negative at all about Coach Bentley he’s a great coach just not a good match.
Coach Mathew Perry be a great coach for the bobcats!!
Former Bobcat here. Hard to watch this year,, College level players need a college level coach. Matt Taylor be a great hire.
I say they hire Gregory chase hayes he knows it all in Breathitt. Or Winston Lee from Jenkins. What a shame running off coach noble. Breathitt will be regretting this force out next March.
Why? Is it because how far they go in the regional tourney every march?

With one region win the entire time he was at breathitt I don’t think that’s to big shoes to fill
Go back and look at where the program was when he took over. Lol The fact that a All A regional championship and a All A STATE RUNNER UP isn’t good enough is just sad.
[-] The following 2 users Like Reds#1Fan's post:
  • Mountain Monster, WaterBoy15thregion
All A is like the NIT tourney. Smallest schools of state competing. If PCC played in all A bhs wouldn’t made it out of region
Real question is who does Breathitt get after they give up their delusional home run hire attempts because they think everyone and anyone wants to go there? Holland, Shannon Hoskins, Jason Mays, Joe Benton, BB King are not walking through that door. Will they hold off until September because of pride or will they realize that they aren’t getting any of these guys? They can still get a quality guy but will have to temper their expectations. Matt Perry is available and can coach em up with the best of them as well as someone like maybe a Winston Lee.
(04-15-2022, 02:41 PM)BelieveInTheHorn Wrote: Real question is who does Breathitt get after they give up their delusional home run hire attempts because they think they are a state wide blue blood program still? Holland, Shannon Hoskins, Jason Mays, Joe Benton, BB King are not walking through that door. Will they hold off until September because of pride or will they realize that they aren’t getting any of these guys?

Some of these posts on here sound really personal. 
It’s nothing but negative stuff about Noble. 
Your crazy if you believe they didn’t have a successful season this year. 
They got beat in the region because their kids didn’t show up. Perry was way to physical for the them.

Funny how when he was at buckhorn he was considered one of the best coaches in the region. And now this.

He has proven he can coach a team to a regional championship. Pretty sure Buckhorn was the 14th Region champs. So it’s not that he can’t coach.
Maybe, and you parents aren’t gonna like this. Maybe a lot of this falls on the kids and their parents unreal expectations of what they are……..
[-] The following 2 users Like 14th region fanman's post:
  • Huck Fin, Mountain Monster
Hopefully Mountainparkway will step up and take this job on.
Matthew Perry? Lol this guy has been at Morgan County for 20 years. The last 5 have been really bad and he took the program to the worst it has ever been this past season. Without recruiting he probably didn’t have 5 seasons without losing records. He won the region 1 time and then lost to the 14th region by double digits in the state tournament. That will tell you how bad the 16th region was that year.
(04-15-2022, 03:12 PM)jamesclay Wrote: Hopefully Mountainparkway will step up and take this job on.
Haha… one more year and bhs has no talent. Maybe on a one year contract I’d take it.

James tell me something I’ve been wrong about in a past post and I’ll own it if im wrong
It be interesting to see who Breathitt hires that out works John Noble.

Coach Perry averaged 18 games a season at Morgan Co.??
(04-14-2022, 02:17 PM)WaterBoy15thregion Wrote:
(04-14-2022, 02:14 PM)catsrule Wrote: Gonna take a coach with thick skin to be able to handle it in J'town.

I think Holland will apply for it.
Definitely a no
(04-14-2022, 10:29 PM)Bluegrassguy Wrote: Former Bobcat here. Hard to watch this year,, College level players need a college level coach. Matt Taylor be a great hire.
Letcher Central Matt Taylor? Loosing record. Never stayed anywhere to long. Yes was assisting at college level but not a good one there. If that’s what Breathitt is looking for contact Thompson from Belfry. 10 years experience and same success as Taylor.
Other than the long shot dream of Big Al taking it every other coach mentioned would be a step in the wrong direction but that’s what several of the parents that caused this deserve.
Could be a possibility it’s a new coach. Maybe one we haven’t heard of or one that’s been out of the game for awhile. I don’t know. It’s a guessing game. Don’t need to wait to longg though. Need to start establishing a program especially before summer ball picks up heavy.
No one has mentioned Corey Hoskins? I know he coached Collins while at Buckhorn but i don’t know if that’s why Collins transferred or not but he’s a name to throw out there I’m sure he’s wanting to get back at it.

(04-16-2022, 11:36 PM)MADDBOMBER14 Wrote: No one has mentioned Corey Hoskins? I know he coached Collins while at Buckhorn but i don’t know if that’s why Collins transferred or not but he’s a name to throw out there I’m sure he’s wanting to get back at it.
And I just want to say this about any team not only breathitt..you CAN NOT win big games when you don’t play like a team or when each kid is worried about themselves(which comes from parents or outside influences)..Landon Napier left a team that would have be stacked for a team that was proven to be stacked and took a lesser role to win with a coaching position change..it worked out but Landon Napier being on estill last season that Perry and estill game is closer and maybe different..all the chips fell in Perry’s lap this season..breathitt was by far the most talented but never could bring it all together..about the same way cordia was a lot of talent just couldn’t bring it together..can’t fault a coach for that..that’s out of his control parents and kids have to understand to come together as 1!!!
  • 1(current)
  • Next