Sep 9 at Ballard
Sep 16 vs Woodford County
Sep 23 Shelby County
Sept 30 at North Oldham
Oct 7 BYE
Oct 14 at Waggener
Oct 21 vs Central
Oct 28 vs Madison Southern

I predict this will be a championship contender for 2022. 

Thoughts?
10-0
[-] The following 1 user Likes WhomTheBellTolls's post:
  • Bull got out!
If they go 10-0, they will likely get a 1 or 2 seed and home throughout.
Franklin County returns in my opinion the key components of a very scary offense and defense that can make the run. I agree, if they run the table, the 2 or 3 seed winner from the east will have to drive to Franklin County, ouch.......
I will need to see the group they roll out with this year before any predictions.. .I will tell you this what they are doing in the off season is not for the weak.... Some faces from last year may not make the bus. They 24, and 25 class seems to have some dudes... to add into the returning players.
(02-09-2022, 12:20 PM)FCSPY Wrote: I will need to see the group they roll out with this year before any predictions.. .I will tell you this what they are doing in the off season is not for the weak.... Some faces from last year may not make the bus. They  24, and 25 class seems to have some dudes... to add into the returning players.

Id say this team will be hungry...
FC had there liftathon today, wow what an atmosphere. Kids with lots of fire and really loving each other! Iron was clanging, seen more than a few 500 lb squatters, 300 lb benches and 240 plus cleaners. Pretty good for only 18 work it’s so far. The movement of the kids is much better, lower hips and more Pop then I noticed when I attended this last year.
(02-19-2022, 03:45 PM)FCSPY Wrote: FC had there liftathon today, wow what an atmosphere. Kids with lots of fire and really loving each other! Iron was clanging, seen more than a few 500 lb squatters, 300 lb benches and 240 plus cleaners.  Pretty good for only 18 work it’s so far.  The movement of the kids is much better, lower hips and more Pop then I noticed when I attended this last year.

Sounds like they are really working hard. Awesome stuff!
(02-19-2022, 05:13 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(02-19-2022, 03:45 PM)FCSPY Wrote: FC had there liftathon today, wow what an atmosphere. Kids with lots of fire and really loving each other! Iron was clanging, seen more than a few 500 lb squatters, 300 lb benches and 240 plus cleaners.  Pretty good for only 18 work it’s so far.  The movement of the kids is much better, lower hips and more Pop then I noticed when I attended this last year.

Sounds like they are really working hard. Awesome stuff!

yes, I thought the numbers were good FCHS never has the biggest benchers they do a lot of movement stuff and multi joint stuff in their program. But your seeing some of the kids really develop. I am impressed how the other sport kids have been invested in the process this year, even on game days.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FCSPY's post:
  • Bull got out!
If Frankfort hires who I here is the front runner it could be some very good athletes moving back downtown in the near future and this came from a parent who son is currently on FC team. Interested to see who FHS hires.
(03-04-2022, 04:40 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:
If Frankfort hires who I here is the front runner it could be some very good athletes moving back downtown in the near future and this came from a parent who son is currently on FC team. Interested to see who FHS hires.

I don’t think I personally would leave Franklin County as they will be a title contender for 2022.
(03-04-2022, 05:07 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

I don’t think I personally would leave Franklin County as they will be a title contender for 2022.
Oh I agree but hearing he was one of the reason's a lot of them kids went to Franklin Co. in the first place when they were in MS. I said in the near future which wouldn't affect '22 or '23.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Daddy Bull's post:
  • Bull got out!
(03-04-2022, 05:33 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:
(03-04-2022, 05:07 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Oh I agree but hearing he was one of the reason's a lot of them kids went to Franklin Co. in the first place when they were in MS. I said in the near future which wouldn't affect '22 or '23.
Guys tell me who has moved to the FC district from downtown? Who did so for one guy? Please tell us who this mystery man is!  Now kids leaving for Frankfort… we have several who have left our program to play there… everyone has regretted it!
If Frankfort hires who I here is the front runner it could be some very good athletes moving back downtown in the near future and this came from a parent
who son is currently on FC team.
Interested to see who FHS hires.
who have you heard is getting that job? I have heard a couple have turned it down. One being new Shelby county coach.
Someone trying to speak himself into a job sounds like to me! I have a feeling I know who! Hahaha
Real question is who did said coach get to go to Franklin county? Next question, who would he be able to pull from a team that has been to 2 straight semi finals to a program that has to rebuild itself?
Ledford has recently picked up a few offers. and the boys are looking strong from the Flyer football Twitter feed I see.
What Franklin County boys are getting any recruiting attention?
(04-11-2022, 12:17 PM)FlyerFanatic Wrote: What Franklin County boys are getting any recruiting attention?

Moorman of course is the big fish, he is committed to UK. Ledford Has a few FCS offers and an offer From Army at the moment. Greenwell has been getting some D2 NAIA looks and contacts. Galloway is a hidden Gem. Someone needs to get on him, benched around 300, squats over 500, and cleans around 280 with 4.7 speed.

In the younger classes, I think Hurst, Griffin, Taylor, Robinson are the next group that gets some attention.

You can see some of the prospects here.:
https://www.recruittheflyers.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes FCSPY's post:
  • Bull got out!
(04-11-2022, 12:48 PM)FCSPY Wrote:
(04-11-2022, 12:17 PM)FlyerFanatic Wrote: What Franklin County boys are getting any recruiting attention?

Moorman of course is the big fish, he is committed to UK. Ledford Has a few FCS offers and an offer From Army at the moment. Greenwell has been getting some D2 NAIA looks and contacts. Galloway is a hidden Gem. Someone needs to get on him, benched around 300, squats over 500, and cleans around 280 with 4.7 speed.

In the younger classes, I think Hurst, Griffin, Taylor, Robinson are the next group that gets some attention.

just looked through the list .. 7 d1 kids 6 d1aa and 7 d2 kids .. 20 kids on the roster that are d2 or higher i'd go ahead and mail franklin the trophy it's theres to lose this year
(04-11-2022, 01:45 PM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote:

just looked through the list .. 7 d1 kids 6 d1aa and 7 d2 kids .. 20 kids on the roster that are d2 or higher i'd go ahead and mail franklin the trophy it's theres to lose this year
haha, good humor there my friend, I think when you have young kids with good measurables, you list them where their potential may hit. If they develop. Or maybe they should just say... aaaahhhh your 14 and prolly just D3  material,  stop working now!
In regards to the FHS talk, I would assume lower classmen or some upperclassmen would consider a move to FHS for the matter of playing time. 20 players D2 or higher, that’s a lot a roster spots filled. Some kids may want to sit behind and get a ring but some may want to play. Just from my view of Bell County and Pineville or Harlan Co and Harlan Ind, some mid-talented kids that could play move schools to become stars in their own right. I don’t know any situation from franklin county, but i could see a possibility where a coach could come in a get some energy at FHS to where some players would go there in hopes of immediate playing time.
(04-11-2022, 06:17 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: In regards to the FHS talk, I would assume lower classmen or some upperclassmen would consider a move to FHS for the matter of playing time. 20 players D2 or higher, that’s a lot a roster spots filled. Some kids may want to sit behind and get a ring but some may want to play. Just from my view of Bell County and Pineville or Harlan Co and Harlan Ind, some mid-talented kids that could play move schools to become stars in their own right. I don’t know any situation from franklin county, but i could see a possibility where a coach could come in a get some energy at FHS to where some players would go there in hopes of immediate playing time.
There have been quite a few players that have made that move in the past. Not sure Frankfort will be back into contention in the near future but if Atchley sticks around they could get some good young kids in that program ready to compete for a regional championship within 3-5 years.
Yes! They may be very well want to
Go play, for the same coaches that Foley had, and train in broom closet, and be one of the dirty Almost thirty! FC is not for everyone!
(04-11-2022, 09:46 PM)FCSPY Wrote: Yes!  They may be very well want to
Go play, for the same coaches that Foley had,  and train in broom closet, and be one of the dirty Almost thirty! FC is not for everyone!

I love the passion for Franklin County, but let's be real here... Broom closet! I bet you're a lot of fun! I just don't remember County being a historic Central KY power.

Franklin has proved itself over the last few years as being a real contender. They are loaded with talent and the championship Elkhorn kids should be rounding into varsity shape real soon. I hope they don't consider themselves world-beaters too soon. I saw a few games last year and wasn't exactly impressed with the way the team handled adversity. 

As far as FHS goes... If Atchley can get the kids there now to buy in and they see some success in the first season, they can turn the corner quickly. The roster was not terrible (especially for 1A). I do NOT know particulars on who's returning.

I'm also hearing Frankfort Independent super may be on the move. Will Foley keep his administrative position? That's got to be tough to supervise your replacement. I'll have to check some of my Capital City sources.
Lol, indeed, I love to have fun!
Us being world beaters is more a reality then a bunch of kids Just deciding to jump ship and head downtown. All of the sudden. If and if you ever seen the Frankfort facility closet is fitting….(all
Jokes aside) I am well aware of our short comings at my alma mater. But outside the teams is our state and new with multiple titles spanning multiple decades, who is doing any better right now ?

Is this a joke? That's more than any school in the state, I would even say not a state that touches Kentucky has that many at one school. Can't think of Franklin Co coaches name but if this is true and they do not at least make the semis he has to go, or on hot seat. Moorman is the real deal though.
Does anyone know what the word Prospect means?? Is a gold prospector the same thing as a gold finder? Is a hunter the same thing as a killer? Is a D2 prospect the same thing as D2 player??

(04-12-2022, 03:26 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:

Is this a joke? That's more than any school in the state, I would even say not a state that touches Kentucky has that many at one school. Can't think of Franklin Co coaches name but if this is true and they do not at least make the semis he has to go, or on hot seat. Moorman is the real deal though.
your cards have been shown!
(04-12-2022, 03:26 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:

i just looked at the link that fcspy shared .. super impressive that they have that kind of talent without being one of the louisville powers .. id take one to two of those kids at bell since they have 20
(04-12-2022, 11:29 AM)FCSPY Wrote: Lol, indeed, I love to have fun! 
Us being world beaters is more a reality then a bunch of kids Just deciding to jump ship and head downtown. All of the sudden. If and if you ever seen the Frankfort facility closet is fitting….(all
Jokes aside)  I am well aware of our short comings at my alma mater. But outside the teams is our state and new  with multiple titles spanning multiple decades, who is doing any better right now ?

Indeed, it's all good. You have definitely bought what has been sold. Remember, everybody else doesn't have to buy what you bought and I respect what the Flyers have done over the past few seasons. I just think it's all the way bad for teams and fans to go out of their way to act high and mighty when you've accomplished very little compared to the team you clown, respectfully.

Frankfort is a growing city and that should bode well for Franklin County since they have the current mojo working. That's not to say WH or FHS can't rebound with the addition of a few players, especially FHS in 1A. There are a number of teams without football traditions that peak for a few years and then fizzle out for a decade or more. Ask any number of Louisville teams NOT St. X or Trinity and a lesser extent Male.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Runnin' Clock's post:
  • Gitback Coach