•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Open Job: Head Coach, Magoffin County
Terrible hire. They should have hired the local constable.
(12-21-2021, 08:17 PM)jamesclay Wrote: Terrible hire. They should have hired the local constable.
you must be the constable lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes papabear02's post:
  • wolfcat
(12-21-2021, 08:17 PM)jamesclay Wrote: Terrible hire. They should have hired the local constable.
???

I haven’t heard them announce a head coach yet.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
Any news yet?
Ain’t heard a word. Maybe they’re waiting until next week so that they don’t ruin anyones Christmas.
(12-22-2021, 08:36 PM)Redneck Wrote: Ain’t heard a word. Maybe they’re waiting until next week so that they don’t ruin anyones Christmas.
I guess they want to make sure they make the right decision, get it right …or maybe wrong.  

be nice to get it announced so the off-season can start come Jan 3
(12-22-2021, 08:56 PM)papabear02 Wrote:
(12-22-2021, 08:36 PM)Redneck Wrote: Ain’t heard a word. Maybe they’re waiting until next week so that they don’t ruin anyones Christmas.
I guess they want to make sure they make the right decision, get it right …or maybe wrong.  

be nice to get it announced so the off-season can start come Jan 3

That’s what I said in the beginning. These kids need a real, disciplined off-season strength & conditioning pprogram. I’m hoping Pitt Connelly gets involved.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Redneck's post:
  • papabear02
Well if John DeRossett is the coach, I don't think anyone has told him yet.
(12-23-2021, 03:17 PM)Westside Wrote: Well if John DeRossett is the coach, I don't think anyone has told him yet.
My connection that keeps in touch with Derosett regularly told me that he hasn’t heard anything since the interview.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Redneck's post:
  • papabear02
(12-23-2021, 03:58 PM)Redneck Wrote:
(12-23-2021, 03:17 PM)Westside Wrote: Well if John DeRossett is the coach, I don't think anyone has told him yet.
My connection that keeps in touch with Derosett regularly told me that he hasn’t heard anything since the interview.
Well hopefully some news gets announced soon.   Wonder why the long delay.   Lord God they have had enough time to go through their notes
It would be nice to know before the New Year... This has taken a ridiculous amount of time.
Figured they would make an announcement today. Maybe they didn’t wanna compete with JC, knowing they were naming their coach today.
(12-27-2021, 02:21 PM)Redneck Wrote: Figured they would make an announcement today. Maybe they didn’t wanna compete with JC, knowing they were naming their coach today.
Is the decision already made they just haven't announced it?
(12-27-2021, 02:28 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:
(12-27-2021, 02:21 PM)Redneck Wrote: Figured they would make an announcement today. Maybe they didn’t wanna compete with JC, knowing they were naming their coach today.
Is the decision already made they just haven't announced it?

Is it still only between Derosett and Brown?
At this point, I don’t think I’d feel real great about it if I were either guy. If it’s not a heck yes; it’s a……..
This prolonged process just feels like Magoffin doesn't really care about their football program, to me. They've cost these kids a month to prepare for next season by dragging it out. Why? Not very promising for whoever they choose.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Red and Black's post:
  • ROTC
It’s basketball season; have to make sure the roundball Hornets all stay in the UK pipeline. Priorities!!!!
The long wait kind of puts the applicants in a situation too, maybe they would like to know the result so they can move on and make other decisions...
Talk about dropping the ball
Not even a weeks notice if they start on the 3rd now.
Not being fair to the program or applicants waiting this long especially when applications were closed on Dec 6. 22 Days is by far enough time to make a decision for a HS football coach especially at Magoffin Co.
It would be different if there were no applicants, or there was a particular candidate they were trying to convince to accept the job…..
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROTC's post:
  • papabear02
Rumor mill is, they offered Stoops the position...total rumor though...my guy told me that his guy told him...that's what's taking so long
Still waiting.
(12-29-2021, 09:58 AM)jamesclay Wrote: Still waiting.
yea no doubt, really and honestly would like to know why they are taking so long to make a decision.  They take this long on a decision and they end up hiring a john doe that has never coached before and if he has, he has a losing record and the buddy of a buddy.
(12-29-2021, 11:00 AM)papabear02 Wrote:
(12-29-2021, 09:58 AM)jamesclay Wrote: Still waiting.
yea no doubt, really and honestly would like to know why they are taking so long to make a decision.  They take this long on a decision and they end up hiring a john doe that has never coached before and if he has, he has a losing record and the buddy of a buddy.
They hired a Barbour that couldn’t even put together a weight program or hold practice. Do you honestly think they care about the football program. It just stinks for the kids!
.........??????
MissingBallot.........??????

The previous hire
I was told they had to wait for the paperwork to come back from Frankfort. That paperwork should have been received today.
(12-29-2021, 07:32 PM)Redneck Wrote: I was told they had to wait for the paperwork to come back from Frankfort. That paperwork should have been received today.

What paperwork would that be coming from Frankfort?
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next