•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Looking at Film. Corbin/JC Game 11/19
I just watched a Larry Bird highlight film, so I'm ready to talk some good, old-fashioned trash. Let's Go!
(12-06-2021, 11:50 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:
(12-06-2021, 10:29 PM)The Outsider Wrote: Corbin's schedule was weak this year, which maybe led to the Hounds being a little overrated by some, but then again it may have prevented them from reaching their full potential.  The won-loss record of their regular season opponents was 43 wins and 78 losses for a winning pct. of 36%, which is in stark contrast to the schedule played during the seasons that ended in the Finals.

I agree the schedule could mislead some if they didn’t know the talent they had on the sidelines.  Corbin passed on Freddie Douglas week 10, dropped Beechwood, and according to some of the coaches had the chance to play Belfry at one time.  They let a descent SK, LC hang around and never took control of the games, handled a pretty solid franklin team, and the book is still out about Christ from NC.  The talent at corbin this season went 12-0 is all I am going  to say.  They could have played pickup ball rules and fielded there own team and got as far as they did. The kids would have had kids playing where they should have for the best of the team, would have probably fixed a lot of the attitudes along the way also.  In the end it doesn’t matter now, when adults bully kids, kids cant work out there differences and it snowballs into what you see now.

Christ out of Ashville went 4-9 and lost big in the first round of the playoffs, something like 42 or 47-0.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Outsider's post:
  • Hatz
(12-07-2021, 09:06 PM)The Outsider Wrote:
(12-06-2021, 10:29 PM)The Outsider Wrote: Corbin's schedule was weak this year, which maybe led to the Hounds being a little overrated by some, but then again it may have prevented them from reaching their full potential.  The won-loss record of their regular season opponents was 43 wins and 78 losses for a winning pct. of 36%, which is in stark contrast to the schedule played during the seasons that ended in the Finals.

I agree the schedule could mislead some if they didn’t know the talent they had on the sidelines.  Corbin passed on Freddie Douglas week 10, dropped Beechwood, and according to some of the coaches had the chance to play Belfry at one time.  They let a descent SK, LC hang around and never took control of the games, handled a pretty solid franklin team, and the book is still out about Christ from NC.  The talent at corbin this season went 12-0 is all I am going  to say.  They could have played pickup ball rules and fielded there own team and got as far as they did. The kids would have had kids playing where they should have for the best of the team, would have probably fixed a lot of the attitudes along the way also.  In the end it doesn’t matter now, when adults bully kids, kids cant work out there differences and it snowballs into what you see now.

Christ out of Ashville went 4-9 and lost big in the first round of the playoffs, something like 42 or 47-0.

My point exactly, how good were they. They looked like they had weapons and size, but did they have injuries or were they just a average team. I know what we had and it wasn’t utilized at all, so this team will never get the opportunity to show good they were. Not the players fault, they can only do what they are told. In most eyes they are going to see another corbin team that was overrated, to me and some this was the corbin team that had a shot. Football is a game of emotion and when the guys leading are scared, mad at each other, pouting, have about as much fire as a wet sponge, and to pre occupied to lead your team will play flat. If they wanted to be spectators should have bought a ticket. Kids 12-0, coach 0-1.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bossdaddy 4115's post:
  • Bull got out!
(12-07-2021, 09:23 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 09:06 PM)The Outsider Wrote:

My point exactly, how good were they.  They looked like they had weapons and size, but did they have injuries or were they just a average team.  I know what we had and it wasn’t utilized at all, so this team will never get the opportunity to show good they were. Not the players fault, they can only do what they are told.  In most eyes they are going to see another corbin team that was overrated, to me and some this was the corbin team that had a shot.  Football is a game of emotion and when the guys leading are scared, mad at each other, pouting, have about as much fire as a wet sponge, and to pre occupied to lead your team will play flat.  If they wanted to be spectators should have bought a ticket. Kids 12-0, coach 0-1.

(12-08-2021, 01:27 PM)Playcaller66 Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 09:23 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 09:06 PM)The Outsider Wrote:

My point exactly, how good were they.  They looked like they had weapons and size, but did they have injuries or were they just a average team.  I know what we had and it wasn’t utilized at all, so this team will never get the opportunity to show good they were. Not the players fault, they can only do what they are told.  In most eyes they are going to see another corbin team that was overrated, to me and some this was the corbin team that had a shot.  Football is a game of emotion and when the guys leading are scared, mad at each other, pouting, have about as much fire as a wet sponge, and to pre occupied to lead your team will play flat.  If they wanted to be spectators should have bought a ticket. Kids 12-0, coach 0-1.
0-2 coaches big games against JC.
(12-08-2021, 01:27 PM)Playcaller66 Wrote: [quote pid="2341998" dateline="1638923036"]

[/quote]
How many times has this staff leadership made it to round 3?
A Scotsman walking through a field, sees a man drinking water from a pool with his hand.
The Scotsman man shouts ' Awa ye feel hoor thatâs full Oâ coos Sharn'
(Don't drink the water, it's full of cow s ** t.)
The man shouts back 'I'm English, Speak English, I don't understand you'.
The Scotsman man shouts back 'Use both hands, you'll get more in.'
Cheers!
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!
(12-09-2021, 02:14 AM)pjdoug Wrote: A Scotsman walking through a field, sees a man drinking water from a pool with his hand.
The Scotsman man shouts ' Awa ye feel hoor thatâs full Oâ coos Sharn'
Cheers!
Big Grin Big Grin
(12-09-2021, 08:36 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(12-09-2021, 02:14 AM)pjdoug Wrote: A Scotsman walking through a field, sees a man drinking water from a pool with his hand.
The Scotsman man shouts ' Awa ye feel hoor thatâs full Oâ coos Sharn'
Cheers!
Big Grin Big Grin

Sick
(12-09-2021, 12:47 AM)Cappy Wrote:
(12-08-2021, 01:27 PM)Playcaller66 Wrote: [quote pid="2341998" dateline="1638923036"]

[/quote]
Let’s see, how many times did Haddix take his Redhound teams to the 4th and 5th round while at Corbin in six seasons? Sounds like you’re content to win District only every year. Give yourself a big ole pat on the back because you’re 0-2 when it counts. Your resume looks good with a 8-2 and 12-1 record right? 20-3 in two seasons but lose after District each time. Doesn’t that bother you? Corbin fans and School deserve so much more than a District Championship every year.
I agree. Corbin is a very good program and I fully understand why kids and parents want to be a part of it. The football program is only lacking the right coaches to fit such a program. I just think the vision that currently is there isn't the right fit for Corbin. After seeing it first hand. Of course a outsider would have no understanding of such.
(12-10-2021, 02:02 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I agree. Corbin is a very good program and I fully understand why kids and parents want to be a part of it. The football program is only lacking the right coaches to fit such a program. I just think the vision that currently is there isn't the right fit for Corbin. After seeing it first hand. Of course a outsider would have no understanding of such.

Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles, and Ronnie Milsap would have better vision for the program than the current crop that is in charge there now.
(12-11-2021, 10:09 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(12-10-2021, 02:02 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I agree. Corbin is a very good program and I fully understand why kids and parents want to be a part of it. The football program is only lacking the right coaches to fit such a program. I just think the vision that currently is there isn't the right fit for Corbin. After seeing it first hand. Of course a outsider would have no understanding of such.

Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles, and Ronnie Milsap would have better vision for the program than the current crop that is in charge there now.

I watched a 16 page presentation of a coach interviewing for a coaching job. I have to say my socks were knocked off when I seen the effort, planning, and detail of this PowerPoint presentation. The other candidate interviewing showed up with a page torn out of a notebook for the job, had some handwritten notes scribbled upon the pages. He refused to be the other candidates assistant so the administration, not the committee hired the guy with a notebook paper resume, that left out half of his coaching career. Those that know the situation know what I am talking about, if anyone has any doubts about the hire you can ask me questions. Needless to say all but three kids on a roster suffered, they were bullied by adults, and were not allowed to be leaders of a team they paved the way for. Players 12-0, coach 0-1. To boot, he had an assistant who shouldn’t have been allowed within 50 yards of the sideline because he wasn’t coaching just observing and having his son inserted into red zone touches.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bossdaddy 4115's post:
  • Bull got out!
Does Corbin still put visitors in that antiquated dungeon/hole with one naked commode sitting out in the middle of the floor without even a stall built around it?
(12-12-2021, 12:10 PM)ROTC Wrote: Does Corbin still put visitors in that antiquated dungeon/hole with one naked commode sitting out in the middle of the floor without even a stall built around it?
is that where you dump the fertilizer, or do you just spread it on the field?
I have no idea as to the quality of the sewage system in/around the facility.
(12-12-2021, 12:10 PM)ROTC Wrote: Does Corbin still put visitors in that antiquated dungeon/hole with one naked commode sitting out in the middle of the floor without even a stall built around it?
?? It’s all for affect, pretty sure it was designed that way so the Visiting Head Coach could sit and make adjustments at halftime. ???‍♂️??‍♂️

(12-11-2021, 10:25 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:
(12-11-2021, 10:09 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

I watched a 16 page presentation of a coach interviewing for a coaching job.  I have to say my socks were knocked off when I seen the effort, planning, and detail of this PowerPoint presentation.  The other candidate interviewing showed up with a page torn out of a notebook for the job, had some handwritten notes scribbled upon the pages.  He refused to be the other candidates assistant so the administration, not the committee hired the guy with a notebook paper resume, that left out half of his coaching career.  Those that know the situation know what I am talking about, if anyone has any doubts about the hire you can ask me questions.  Needless to say all but three kids on a roster suffered, they were bullied by adults, and were not allowed to be leaders of a team they paved the way for. Players 12-0, coach 0-1.  To boot, he had an assistant who shouldn’t have been allowed within 50 yards of the sideline because he wasn’t coaching just observing and having his son inserted into red zone touches.
Has anyone at Corbin seen the 2021 KSR All State Football Team? How does #6 Kicker for Corbin NOT get on this team? He was by far the most impressive kicker in Kentucky High School Football this year. Kid has a D1 leg and everyone that watched him past two seasons knows it. And let me say I’m not taking anything away from Boyle County Kicker as he is a amazing talent with a D1 leg also. Two best kickers in State has to be Corbins #6 Baker kid and Boyle County #27 Smith kid. Not sure how you overlook this kid for any accolades concerning kicking the pigskin. Just my opinion..
[-] The following 1 user Likes Playcaller66's post:
  • Hatz
the fact of the matter is your coaches arent leaving .. the game plans are not changing .. corbin will do what they chose to do because it is how they have always done things around there .. as much as i love to see corbin lose it is sad for the kids .. hate it for our baker because he left to go play defense on a team that made it as far as we did when he should have been winning rings for leaving

dont hold your breathe to wait on these coaches to resign or leave .. you may end up dying .. the only one who leaves will be ole full moon mills
[-] The following 1 user Likes WhomTheBellTolls's post:
  • Bull got out!
(12-13-2021, 12:32 PM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: the fact of the matter is your coaches arent leaving .. the game plans are not changing .. corbin will do what they chose to do because it is how they have always done things around there .. as much as i love to see corbin lose it is sad for the kids .. hate it for our baker because he left to go play defense on a team that made it as far as we did when he should have been winning rings for leaving 

dont hold your breathe to wait on these coaches to resign or leave .. you may end up dying .. the only one who leaves will be ole full moon mills
You are correct.
(12-12-2021, 07:38 PM)Playcaller66 Wrote:
?? It’s all for affect, pretty sure it was designed that way so the Visiting Head Coach could sit and make adjustments at halftime. ???‍♂️??‍♂️

(12-11-2021, 10:25 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:
(12-11-2021, 10:09 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

I watched a 16 page presentation of a coach interviewing for a coaching job.  I have to say my socks were knocked off when I seen the effort, planning, and detail of this PowerPoint presentation.  The other candidate interviewing showed up with a page torn out of a notebook for the job, had some handwritten notes scribbled upon the pages.  He refused to be the other candidates assistant so the administration, not the committee hired the guy with a notebook paper resume, that left out half of his coaching career.  Those that know the situation know what I am talking about, if anyone has any doubts about the hire you can ask me questions.  Needless to say all but three kids on a roster suffered, they were bullied by adults, and were not allowed to be leaders of a team they paved the way for. Players 12-0, coach 0-1.  To boot, he had an assistant who shouldn’t have been allowed within 50 yards of the sideline because he wasn’t coaching just observing and having his son inserted into red zone touches.
Has anyone at Corbin seen the 2021 KSR All State Football Team? How does #6 Kicker for Corbin NOT get on this team? He was by far the most impressive kicker in Kentucky High School Football this year. Kid has a D1 leg and everyone that watched him past two seasons knows it. And let me say I’m not taking anything away from Boyle County Kicker as he is a amazing talent with a D1 leg also. Two best kickers in State has to be Corbins #6 Baker kid and Boyle County #27 Smith kid. Not sure how you overlook this kid for any accolades concerning kicking the pigskin. Just my opinion..
That Is the worst post season team I’ve saw, there’s a player (from Male) on there who only plays JV never played a snap of varsity  before a running clock. I could take Corbin/JC/Franklin/Boyle and make a team that could beat any team the rest of the state could put together and the sad part is there’s very few players from those teams on the KSR All state team.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gold River's post:
  • Bull got out!
(12-10-2021, 01:09 PM)Playcaller66 Wrote:

Let’s see, how many times did Haddix take his Redhound teams to the 4th and 5th round while at Corbin in six seasons? Sounds like you’re content to win District only every year. Give yourself a big ole pat on the back because you’re 0-2 when it counts. Your resume looks good with a 8-2 and 12-1 record right? 20-3 in two seasons but lose after District each time. Doesn’t that bother you? Corbin fans and School deserve so much more than a District Championship every year.
[/quote]
You should pat yourself on the back after you choked on that big Richard because you Totally missed the point.  The answer is ZERO.  Or “0” for you.
(12-14-2021, 12:36 AM)Cappy Wrote:

You should pat yourself on the back after you choked on that big Richard because you Totally missed the point.  The answer is ZERO.  Or “0” for you.
[/quote]

Let me sum it up to everyone. In five years at corbin Haddix made it to the semis once and finals twice. He would have won a title this year at corbin, change my mind.
(12-14-2021, 12:36 AM)Cappy Wrote:

[/quote]
Haha, get up in your feel bads much? I wouldn’t know about choking on a big Richard but sounds like you’re an expert with years of experience. It’s possible that I misunderstood the question but regardless the answer is the same from all of us.
The Corbin football coaches are all good coaches. You can look at their win/loss record as assistants and head coaches (talking about Greer, Mills, and Elam. They are well-respected. My guess is they made some mistakes and could of done better, but at the end of the day Johnson Central was the better team.
[-] The following 2 users Like ArJay's post:
  • Hatz, jax
(12-21-2021, 03:50 PM)ArJay Wrote: The Corbin football coaches are all good coaches.  You can look at their win/loss record as assistants and head coaches (talking about Greer, Mills, and Elam.  They are well-respected.  My guess is they made some mistakes and could of done better, but at the end of the day Johnson Central was the better team.

I need some coffee…..
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115
(12-21-2021, 06:35 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(12-21-2021, 03:50 PM)ArJay Wrote: The Corbin football coaches are all good coaches.  You can look at their win/loss record as assistants and head coaches (talking about Greer, Mills, and Elam.  They are well-respected.  My guess is they made some mistakes and could of done better, but at the end of the day Johnson Central was the better team.

I need some coffee…..

I need some Old Turkey!!! (and I don't mean a Christmas turkey)
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115, Bull got out!
Then chemistry of the coaching staff was worse than the chemistry of the team. Everyone appears to have had their own agenda. Fights in practice, coaches promoting certain kids, etc. The Buck has to stop somewhere and it should have been with the head Coach. Ouch!!!! but it appears that it wasn’t the case.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LogCabinAbe's post:
  • Gitback Coach
(12-22-2021, 12:46 PM)LogCabinAbe Wrote: Then chemistry of the coaching staff was worse than the chemistry of the team.  Everyone appears to have had their own agenda.  Fights in practice, coaches promoting certain kids, etc.  The Buck has to stop somewhere and it should have been with the head Coach.  Ouch!!!! but it appears that it wasn’t the case.
Lot of truth in your statement. A toxic coach with an agenda infected an entire program. The buck should have stopped with the head coach, but he allowed a personal friendship get in the way. Elam is getting a lot of grief here, but at least he didn't promote his kid.
I think criticism is fair. But they are all good proven coaches. Chemistry issues with the staff could also be fair. But does anyone think Corbin was better than JC? I didn’t see the game. Just wondering.
(12-22-2021, 05:06 PM)ArJay Wrote: I think criticism is fair.  But they are all good proven coaches.  Chemistry issues with the staff could also be fair.  But does anyone think Corbin was better than JC?  I didn’t see the game. Just wondering.

I think if there had been coaches whose only agenda had been winning a state title and if there had been a plan implemented and practiced from day one of how to beat JC(because everyone knew the inevitability of that game), then this group of talented All-Stars could have, should have, and would have beaten Johnson Central by two TDs. Anyone who watched Corbin throughout the season knew there had to be something going on internally with this team. While still winning games, it was obvious that something wasn't right. Team chemistry was being compromised by the coaches, particularly one coach, it seems.   Greer, however, is ultimately responsible for the resulting mess. All of them need to go.
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next