Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 30 Russellville 27 (1A State Championship Game)
(12-03-2021, 08:03 PM)Redneck Wrote: We’re forgetting that Russellville had quite a few Seniors that were Seniors last year and should have graduated. You take those guys away, Russellville doesn’t make the finals IMO. And before anyone says it, that’s not the same as your typical “hold backs.” Staying back in grades 5-8 are completely different than staying back when you’re 18 years old.
Not gonna go there. Russellville apparently stayed within the rules established so that can’t be an excuse. Line up and play, which is what Mac had our boys do. While you may have a point Russellville did nothing a lot of others haven’t done too.
(12-03-2021, 09:08 PM)PHSFOREVER1 Wrote:
(12-03-2021, 08:03 PM)Redneck Wrote: We’re forgetting that Russellville had quite a few Seniors that were Seniors last year and should have graduated. You take those guys away, Russellville doesn’t make the finals IMO. And before anyone says it, that’s not the same as your typical “hold backs.” Staying back in grades 5-8 are completely different than staying back when you’re 18 years old.
Not gonna go there. Russellville apparently stayed within the rules established so that can’t be an excuse. Line up and play, which is what Mac had our boys do. While you may have a point Russellville did nothing a lot of others haven’t done too.
They did, the same rule everyone bitched about when they approved it. It is what it is, and they still didn’t win it all. I was just pointing it out.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Redneck's post:
  • PHSFOREVER1
Congratulations to Pikeville you guys had to work for it and congratulations to Russellville you guys played a heck of a game
(12-03-2021, 09:26 PM)Redneck Wrote:
They did, the same rule everyone bitched about when they approved it. It is what it is, and they still didn’t win it all. I was just pointing it out.

Are you a Pikeville fan? If so, why do you care? You won.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoShamBo's post:
  • pjdoug
Congratulations Pikeville!!!!
(12-03-2021, 10:00 PM)RoShamBo Wrote:
(12-03-2021, 09:26 PM)Redneck Wrote:

Are you a Pikeville fan? If so, why do you care? You won.
No, not a Pikeville fan. I was just pointing out what a lot of people said would happen, indeed almost happened. A team had a bunch of Seniors stay back and play a 2nd senior year. Almost won a state championship because of it. Doesn’t have anything to do with the team I support, they got beat by Raceland in 2nd round.
Way to go Panthers!

Bull Butter.
I think it’s somewhat silly that some don’t give Russellville the proper credit they deserve. Yes, they are noted and congratulated on the game, but then it’s pikeville armed tackled and made uncharacteristic mistakes. That may be the case but there is also the possibility the Russellville forced them to make these mistakes. There was an obvious speed difference between both teams. The majority of folks on these threads took this game as a joke and truly believed this would be a running clock by the end of the 1st. Now it’s seniors! Maybe some aren’t happy with just a 3 point win over a team you were favored more than 20 over? I would give credit where credit is due. Russellville absolutely shut pikeville down the second half. Which is super impressive to me because I know how good pikeville is. Congrats on the ship, I am happy to see it wasn’t a cakewalk as so many people predicted.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Western fan 83's post:
  • Hatz
RV better than advertised. Well I was really wrong on a couple things , offensively they did a good job exposing Pikeville on a couple things……firstly the edge….they would outnumber Pikeville and gash them on the edge…….secondly there’s no substitute for athletes and RV had more speed than Pikeville had faced in quite a while. But Pikeville dug deep and rallied when it mattered. I was also right on a couple things…. Reverses, wildcat, wildcat jump passes, WR passes….you name it they tried it, and they worked. Russellville played their tails off. Tip of the cap to those kids, it was a well played, respectively played game between 2 teams that wanted to win. Pikeville just finished a few points ahead on the scoreboard. Enjoy it guys!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Micro-Brew's post:
  • Redneck
Congratulations to Russellville on a great season!
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Mayfieldsportsfan
Told you it would be closer than what all those EKY boys thougt
Congrats to the Panthers on a very special season.
Russellville was better than I thought. I dismissed them because they were a non factor at all last year and then boom, they are as good as shown yesterday. Typically, in 1A, you can see a big senior class for a school build as lower classmen and know they are going to be a contender. Having several players come back for an additional year helps explain that, nothing more, nothing less.
(12-03-2021, 11:24 PM)Western fan 83 Wrote: I think it’s somewhat silly that some don’t give Russellville the proper credit they deserve. Yes, they are noted and congratulated on the game, but then it’s pikeville armed tackled and made uncharacteristic mistakes. That may be the case but there is also the possibility the Russellville forced them to make these mistakes. There was an obvious speed difference between both teams. The majority of folks on these threads took this game as a joke and truly believed this would be a running clock by the end of the 1st. Now it’s seniors! Maybe some aren’t happy with just a 3 point win over a team you were favored more than 20 over? I would give credit where credit is due. Russellville absolutely shut pikeville down the second half. Which is super impressive to me because I know how good pikeville is. Congrats on the ship, I am happy to see it wasn’t a cakewalk as so many people predicted.
I’m not a Pikeville fan, but if you watched Pikeville play more than just yesterdays game, you would know that the arm tackling was indeed very uncharacteristic. There’s nothing that an opponent can do to make you want to start arm tackling lol. Yes, Rville had a speed advantage. Yes, Rville shut Pikeville down in the second half. I think most of us have already given them credit for that.
#10 for Russellville was an absolute player! Kid made big play after big play for his team. Was very fun to watch him.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I can't believe Paintsville fans are on here whining about Russellville's roster after Pikeville beat them.
(12-04-2021, 10:39 AM)Redneck Wrote:
(12-03-2021, 11:24 PM)Western fan 83 Wrote: I think it’s somewhat silly that some don’t give Russellville the proper credit they deserve. Yes, they are noted and congratulated on the game, but then it’s pikeville armed tackled and made uncharacteristic mistakes. That may be the case but there is also the possibility the Russellville forced them to make these mistakes. There was an obvious speed difference between both teams. The majority of folks on these threads took this game as a joke and truly believed this would be a running clock by the end of the 1st. Now it’s seniors! Maybe some aren’t happy with just a 3 point win over a team you were favored more than 20 over? I would give credit where credit is due. Russellville absolutely shut pikeville down the second half. Which is super impressive to me because I know how good pikeville is. Congrats on the ship, I am happy to see it wasn’t a cakewalk as so many people predicted.
I’m not a Pikeville fan, but if you watched Pikeville play more than just yesterdays game, you would know that the arm tackling was indeed very uncharacteristic. There’s nothing that an opponent can do to make you want to start arm tackling lol. Yes, Rville had a speed advantage. Yes, Rville shut Pikeville down in the second half. I think most of us have already given them credit for that.
I respectively disagree. Your “arm tackling” happened on sweeps to the outside. Russellville forced the issue and gave pikeville a look at speed that they were not accustomed to. Outside of LCA, my opinion is nobody came close to the overall team speed they saw yesterday. Arm tackles happen when you start guessing. From a size standpoint, I can guarantee you that no player from pikeville made a “business decision”. They were much bigger and stronger than Russellville as a whole. To say that pikeville chose to arm tackle is crazy. It was forced due to speed and athleticism they are not used to seeing. JMO
(12-04-2021, 11:54 AM)pjdoug Wrote: I can't believe Paintsville fans are on here whining about Russellville's roster after Pikeville beat them.
I can’t believe you can’t comprehend plain English and think we are complaining….wait actually it makes perfect sense.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 2000PHS's post:
  • Redneck
(12-04-2021, 11:54 AM)pjdoug Wrote: I can't believe Paintsville fans are on here whining about Russellville's roster after Pikeville beat them.
I watched half of the people on this site cry and whine about the KHSAA approving the extra year for players. I wasn’t one of them lol. I was just pointing out that what a lot feared could happen, almost happened. Not whining, just pointing out that it almost happened lol.
(12-04-2021, 12:54 PM)Redneck Wrote:
I watched half of the people on this site cry and whine about the KHSAA approving the extra year for players. I wasn’t one of them lol. I was just pointing out that what a lot feared could happen, almost happened. Not whining, just pointing out that it almost happened lol.

Russellville didn't do anything  that Johnson and Pike County schools haven't already done before. waaaah waaaah. Smile
(12-04-2021, 12:40 PM)2000PHS Wrote:
I can’t believe you can’t comprehend plain English and think we are complaining….wait actually it makes perfect sense.
I comprehend just fine. You are  East Kentucky biased and whine like a little school girl when a school in a nearby county "almost" loses.
Arm tackles happen when the kid trying to tackle is slower than the kid with the ball. Hard to stick a shoulder pad on a kid that’s bobbing and weaving faster than you are. All those missed tackles were completely due to the elusiveness of the Russellville kids. The defensive adjustments that the RV staff made were very impressive, but on the other side of that no clue why the didn’t just run stretch every play. Glad they didn’t.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Micro-Brew's post:
  • pjdoug
(12-04-2021, 01:18 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
I comprehend just fine. You are  East Kentucky biased and whine like a little school girl when a school in a nearby county "almost" loses.
No obviously you can’t if you still think I am complaining after I told you I wasn’t and then made fun of you because you can’t comprehend what we are saying. You just didn’t comprehend what we were saying and thought it was an opportunity to be troll.
(12-04-2021, 01:33 PM)2000PHS Wrote:
No obviously you can’t if you still think I am complaining after I told you I wasn’t and then made fun of you because you can’t comprehend what we are saying. You just didn’t comprehend what we were saying and thought it was an opportunity to be troll.

I know a whiner when I see one. You should congratulate Russellville on a fine season and move on, Troll!
(12-04-2021, 01:46 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

I know a whiner when I see one. You should congratulate Russellville on a fine season and move on, Troll!
If you would read what people actually say, you would notice I said Russellville was much batter than I thought. You should realize you were wrong about what we were saying and keep it moving.
(12-04-2021, 02:01 PM)2000PHS Wrote:
(12-04-2021, 12:40 PM)2000PHS Wrote: I can’t believe you can’t comprehend plain English and think we are complaining….wait actually it makes perfect sense.

If you would read what people actually say, you would notice I said Russellville was much batter than I thought. You should realize you were wrong about what we were saying and keep it moving.
I read you talk about a team holding players back,  instead of just congratulating them, when your team  has been doing it for years. Through replying to you.
(12-04-2021, 02:08 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(12-04-2021, 02:01 PM)2000PHS Wrote:
(12-04-2021, 01:18 PM)pjdoug Wrote: I comprehend just fine. You are  East Kentucky biased and whine like a little school girl when a school in a nearby county "almost" loses.

I read you talk about a team holding players back,  instead of just congratulating them, when your team  has been doing it for years. Through replying to you.
No you didn’t. lol never said that at all, not one single time. Wrong again. All I said was Russellville was terrible last year and having several seniors return explains the meteoric rise in one year.
As stated earlier. "ARM TACKLING" is fairly subjective. Some kids are timid and creates that. But speed can make it look that way as well.
Congratulations to Pikeville. Hats off to Russellville on a hard fought battle.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BBN2021's post:
  • 2000PHS