Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Johnson Central 34 Corbin 13
Final.

Congratulations Golden Eagles
Congratulations to Johnson Central
Big boy ground and pound wins again! Congratulations Golden Eagles.
Same **** different year. Corbin can't win the big game. I thought yall said Coach Greer was a defensive guru. Lol...This is all Karma coming back for the way they did Justin Haddix...he's still winning and Corbin season ends. Absolutely DOMINATED!!!
[-] The following 9 users Like Footballfan33's post:
  • 64SUR, Bossdaddy 4115, Hatz, HOFER, Hound05, MountainMamba, Ogre, TD Hounds, Walt Longmire
(11-20-2021, 12:02 AM)Footballfan33 Wrote: Same **** different year. Corbin can't win the big game. I thought yall said Coach Greer was a defensive guru. Lol...This is all Karma coming back for the way they did Justin Haddix...he's still winning and Corbin season ends. Absolutely DOMINATED!!!
I try to understand the whole Tommy Greer defensive mastermind thing. I get roasted any time I bring it up on here. If I had to pick one word to describe what I just watched its Outcoached. Both sides of the ball.
[-] The following 2 users Like HOFER's post:
  • 64SUR, Walt Longmire
Ground and pound baby, controlled the clock and the game, Defense really stepped up. Super job Eagles
[-] The following 1 user Likes maximus73's post:
  • German Eye
Wow! Another score I wasn't expecting. Congrats to the Mighty Eagles!
I love talking to everyone of you all. But until the Corbin administration realizes how dämn stupid they were letting haddix go, then gets rid of the Greer, Mills, and probably Elam. I’m
Done. Greer made no adjustments at the half. None. Elam ran his first half offense with 10’min left to go. Mills breeded toxic atmosphere with his kid. TELL ME THATS NOT TRUE! We just kept it under our breath all year. These kids were robbed, by these men. Plain and simple. The old guard got exactly what they deserved. Taken back 10 years. I’ll save my time and my donations.

It’ll be the same thing next year too if the same coaching staff are on. Talent galore with a district championship and a season full of cupcakes

CONGRATS JOHNSON CENTRAL. YOU ALL DESERVED TO WIN WITH THE CRAP WE CALLED. and probably by more
[-] The following 4 users Like Hound05's post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115, Mayfieldsportsfan, Old School Hound, TD Hounds
Congrats Eagles. Y’all flat out beat us in every way. Physicality, and coaching. Now will all the people that chased Haddix out of town raise their hand. Y’all look exactly like I knew you would. Those boys deserved something they didn’t get.
[-] The following 3 users Like HighViz's post:
  • 64SUR, Hound05, Mayfieldsportsfan
(11-20-2021, 12:11 AM)Hound05 Wrote: I love talking to everyone of you all. But until the Corbin administration realizes how dämn stupid they were letting haddix go, then gets rid of the Greer, Mills, and probably Elam. I’m
Done. Greer made no adjustments at the half. None. Elam ran his first half offense with 10’min left to go. Mills breeded toxic atmosphere with his kid. TELL ME THATS NOT TRUE! We just kept it under our breath all year. These kids were robbed, by these men. Plain and simple. The old guard got exactly what they deserved. Taken back 10 years. I’ll save my time and my donations.

It’ll be the same thing next year too if the same coaching staff are on. Talent galore with a district championship and a season full of cupcakes

CONGRATS JOHNSON CENTRAL. YOU ALL DESERVED TO WIN WITH THE CRAP WE CALLED. and probably by more

3 months ago after that Franklin Co win you all were praising these same ppl. Give it a couple days before wanting to clean house. Maybe that’s was the same knee jerk reaction that run Haddix outta town!
JC is a very fundamentally sound football team. They deserve the accolades. If anything was underestimated it was the ineptitude of Corbin's coaches. Poor decision-making, zero adjustments, and woeful playcalling. I was fresh out of high school the last time Corbin won a state title and now I'm soon to be drawing social security.
(11-20-2021, 12:11 AM)Hound05 Wrote: I love talking to everyone of you all. But until the Corbin administration realizes how dämn stupid they were letting haddix go, then gets rid of the Greer, Mills, and probably Elam. I’m

Their resumes speak for themselves. Where have they been successful at? Not to mention even after the whole haddix debacle we passed on the guy from Franklin county who had a whole plan and was immaculately prepared to take over.  But the commitee said he didnt have the intangibles that Greer had. Its a joke and embarrassing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HOFER's post:
  • Ogre
Corbin lost its trophy the day the good ol' boys sent Haddix to Danville.
[-] The following 3 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115, Grumpy57, HOFER
Congratulations Johnson Central Golden Eagles y’all was a 21+ better team than Corbin!!!
(11-20-2021, 12:20 AM)HOFER Wrote:

Their resumes speak for themselves. Where have they been successful at? Not to mention even after the whole haddix debacle we passed on the guy from Franklin county who had a whole plan and was immaculately prepared to take over.  But the commitee said he didnt have the intangibles that Greer had. Its a joke and embarrassing.

Eff the committee.  They got what they deserved. Unfortunately, these talented youngsters had to suffer .
(11-20-2021, 12:02 AM)Footballfan33 Wrote: Same **** different year. Corbin can't win the big game. I thought yall said Coach Greer was a defensive guru. Lol...This is all Karma coming back for the way they did Justin Haddix...he's still winning and Corbin season ends. Absolutely DOMINATED!!!
You said that, Haddix rebuilt that program and after that they were content going back to the good ole boy system and putting in “hometown heros”
Wow ! Surprised by the margin of the score. Congrats to Johnson Central on a big regional win.
(11-20-2021, 12:25 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Corbin lost its trophy the day the good ol' boys sent Haddix to Danville.
I stand behind this statement. Should’ve shipped the good ole boys off to Danville and let them ruin a program all that talent in the world pissed down the drain by poor coaching
It is my understanding that the hiring committee wanted the FC coach, it was the Good Ole Boys that didn’t listen to the committee and made the decision.
Corbin is exactly what everyone outside of Corbin thought, a team loaded with talent who is led by a subpar coaching staff playing a very weak season schedule. Defense got steam rolled and made zero halftime adjustments while the offense sputtered behind terrible play calling. They ran off the best coach in a the state due to politics and brought in an unqualified head coach and an OC that lost a game 100-0. If Corbin can’t win a championship with that talent pool, I’m not sure they ever will.
To all the Corbin fans that ran their pieholes and wanted Central fans to comment last week we were busy practicing. You run your mouth better than you run the ball. Full basketball practice starts Monday.
[-] The following 5 users Like THOMCAT's post:
  • BackinBlack, German Eye, Grumpy57, Mayfieldsportsfan, Walt Longmire
(11-20-2021, 12:19 AM)BackinBlack Wrote:

3 months ago after that Franklin Co win you all were praising these same ppl. Give it a couple days before wanting to clean house. Maybe that’s was the same knee jerk reaction that run Haddix outta town!
No. Don’t include me in that. Find a post. Please. And no, I was haddixntrain from the get go
Congratulations to JC! Their offense was clicking on all cylinders tonight. 
Corbin’s administration screwed up big time running Haddix out of town. They owe those kids and the community an apology. You probably put a state title in the trophy case if Haddix is the coach this year. Too much talent to look like they did tonight.
So happy for the Johnson Central community...another regional title in what has been a extremely tough season.
[-] The following 2 users Like PHSFAN's post:
  • Nygfan106wins, Red and Black
I believe WSIP had Central with 496 yards rushing tonight.
(11-20-2021, 12:33 AM)Ogre Wrote: It is my understanding that the hiring committee wanted the FC coach, it was the Good Ole Boys that didn’t listen to the committee and made the decision.

That's my understanding as well.  Eff the good ol' boys!!!

(11-20-2021, 12:38 AM)BBN2021 Wrote: Congratulations to JC! Their offense was clicking on all cylinders tonight. 
Corbin’s administration screwed up big time running Haddix out of town. They owe those kids and the community an apology. You probably put a state title in the trophy case if Haddix is the coach this year. Too much talent to look like they did tonight.

A Haddix-led Corbin offense would have put a 50-burger on JC tonight !!!!
Congratulations Johnson Central Golden Eagles y’all was a 21+ better team than Corbin!!!
Not sure of the politics going on with the Corbin program, but no one has giving consideration that this Johnson Central team is loaded with talent and playing with a purpose. Corbin fans complaining and airing out coaching problems, while in the mean time Johnson Central lost their legendary coach mid season due to Covid.

It probably wouldn’t have mattered who was Coaching Corbin tonight. Take a team like Johnson Central that has a offense that you just can’t duplicate in practice, then face a team that runs it to perfection with size and speed, it’s exhausting to face and stop.

Keep it rolling JC! #21.
[-] The following 7 users Like VELVET CLOSER's post:
  • #55PirateFan, Diogenes, Eagle_fan1, Hoot Gibson, nemo, Nygfan106wins, Red and Black
Really no surprise here for me. JC was the far superior team all year and Corbin as always was untested throughout the year.

Corbin hasn’t won a thing since Moby Dick was a minnow and every year they dominate this message board. Maybe next year Redhounds … Until then enjoy watching Haddix at Commonwealth … again.

PS Dougie Boy told ya so ???
Well looks like those good old boys have screwed up again. The snake doctor came to town and they bought the snake oil. They were so worried about those chrome helmets and getting rid of everything that Haddix had tried to change, some old fart running around bragging about the red hounds were now back. I talked to an administrator just the other day and asked about turf for the field he said “they didn’t want it” I said who in the hell is they he said you know. I would expect 2 coaches and 1 qb will be heading back to Knox and maybe a reciever. I would expect some resignations soon because if you couldn’t win a region with this team you should man up and move on. The Swiss cheese defense was awful tonight, Corbin stacked the box and Johnson Central ran three plays up the middle and scored. The attitude will have to change before Corbin can ever get over the hump and again thanks Mr Cox this is all on you.
[-] The following 2 users Like 1/4bak's post:
  • 64SUR, TD Hounds