Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Castlewood, VA
0%
Pikeville
100.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Castlewood, VA @ Pikeville 10/29
The days of playing quality opponents to try to get your team better are over. The RPI dance era is upon us. Absolutely no chance Pikeville gets a game. No offense Phelps, but time to start practicing for Hazard.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Micro-Brew's post:
  • Patriot1
Ashland is open. Should be able to make that game happen. But it wont. Outside of prepping for the playoffs, Ashland has nothing to gain, and alot to lose (in their mind) by playing this game. Imo, theres more to gain by traveling to Pikeville and possibly losing to a quality opponent, than sitting idle in all actuality, a loss for Ashland wont affect their seasons outcome in the end. Jmo.
Highly doubt Pikeville finds a game home or away.
(10-27-2021, 03:24 PM)bac2369 Wrote: No one will play because everyone will be wanting there own home game.. wish Pikeville luck getting a game..

Ttt
if Danville chickens out call Whitley County. lol
No one is going to play Pikeville which you can thank the rpi system for it now rpi might be alright but with all the COVID cancellations it makes it suck but really it sucks any way good 1A teams has no chance of scheduling good teams just because of the system now most of your true competition wants to get better and play good schedules but some play the system
I would say Castlewood watched a little film in this Pikeville team and thought it was a bad idea to play this game. Lol. This sucks for the kids and I have seen all year teams try to get out of games when they think they will lose.
Middlesboro now open to play due to Covid. What are the odds the the jackets will quiet the folks saying they havent played anyone and pick up the Panthers? Sure would like to see this one. The Castlewood cancelation doesnt surprise me. They were punching WAY out of their weight class.
(10-27-2021, 12:52 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: Ashland should be able to play. They've played 9 games and are off this week. The week Pikeville played Wheelersburg was cause Ashland had to cancel.
Would love to see Pikeville and Ashland agree to play. Their place or Hambley.
Forget RPI there’s kids who wants to play whether it be Ashland or the jackets, not very many Friday nights left for some kids. KHSAA needs to cut two classes out no need for 6 in ky anyhow and change the rpi system up a little.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gold River's post:
  • jetpilot
(10-27-2021, 07:52 PM)Gold River Wrote: Forget RPI there’s kids who wants to play whether it be Ashland or the jackets, not very many Friday nights left for some kids. KHSAA needs to cut two classes out no need for 6 in ky anyhow and change the rpi system up a little.
This is up there for best post in the history of this site.
[-] The following 3 users Like Panther Thunder's post:
  • BlackcatAlum, Gold River, jetpilot
Ashland said no thank you.
(10-24-2021, 02:03 PM)Real Badman Wrote: Why is this being played? Castlewood has always been awful.
This is one of those good teams Pikeville plays. After playing a toughy in Phelps.
(10-27-2021, 03:31 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: The days of playing quality opponents to try to get your team better are over. The RPI dance era is upon us. Absolutely no chance Pikeville gets a game. No offense Phelps, but time to start practicing for Hazard.
This game has no effect on who Phelps plays in the 1st round. Even if we lost to Castlewood Pikeville still plays Phelps 1st round. Hazard vs Sayre
All I was stating is that Pikeville need not even practice for the Phelps game next week. Just go ahead and take 2 1/2 weeks to practice for Hazard.
(10-27-2021, 09:59 PM)Panther88 Wrote: Ashland said no thank you.
Ashland is a mash unit right now. Lost their best two players on both lines.
(10-27-2021, 06:31 PM)Hambley Wrote: Middlesboro now open to play due to Covid. What are the odds the the jackets will quiet the folks saying they havent played anyone and pick up the Panthers?  Sure would like to see this one. The Castlewood cancelation doesnt surprise me.  They were punching WAY out of their weight class.
0%
The problem is how they are doing COVID cancellations this year. This year it's a win and a loss. Too many teams taking the win at the detriment of getting teams better and letting kids play a full season. Last year if you canceled it was a tie. This forced teams to find a game for RPI purposes. I remember Pike and LCA deciding to play each other with 48 hours notice. They should not have changed the COVID cancellation rule.
(10-27-2021, 10:08 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:
(10-24-2021, 02:03 PM)Real Badman Wrote: Why is this being played? Castlewood has always been awful.
This is one of those good teams Pikeville plays. After playing a toughy in Phelps.
Stupid, o-fer
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-
Scoreboard shows a forfeit. So was this Covid related or no?
(10-28-2021, 01:33 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
Stupid, o-fer

Muy estupido. lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Big Five-0-
(10-28-2021, 03:11 AM)bac2369 Wrote: Scoreboard shows a forfeit. So was this Covid related or no?

No
(10-28-2021, 03:11 AM)bac2369 Wrote: Scoreboard shows a forfeit. So was this Covid related or no?
No it was a "We watched film and seen we were going to get our tails kicked and had no business scheduling these guys to begin with so let's cancel." Don't think Castlewood knew what they were getting themselves into when they scheduled this game.
[-] The following 2 users Like pirateforlife's post:
  • Big Five-0-, PHSFOREVER1
Is that like playing a toughy in Fairview or Lincoln CountyWest Virginia and probably could name another one? Love you RAM-A-DEVIL but I don’t think there is much comparison between the 2 schedules of the 2 teams.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Patriot1's post:
  • Big Five-0-
Well, had to create new account since no one was able to help me before. BUT, I’m back. Lol. Castlewood was punching WAY out of their class and either finally saw film and realized it, or just flat out chickened out. Maybe they pulled a Floppy Melons and just decided to disappear. Probably would have beaten that heavyweight on the Rams schedule though. Fairview. Wooooooo!

As for Middlesboro, please. Not a real knowledgeable fan on this site that was surprised that bunch said no. Still recovering from the dysentery they got on that “5 hour each way” bus trip the last time. Lol

Regardless, good luck to my Panthers. I hope y’all can find a game.
I've tried to start a good fight here , but there must be a Quaker convention in town. Wake up you buncha chickens.
  • Big Five-0-
(10-28-2021, 06:38 PM)pjdoug Wrote: I've tried to start a good fight here , but there must be a Quaker convention in town. Wake up you buncha chickens.
Can’t start a fight when everyone knows whatcha doing. Lol
(10-27-2021, 12:43 PM)jetpilot Wrote: McCreary Central 1 at Lynn Camp 0 (forfeit)
Middlesboro 1 at Pineville 0 COVID Cancelation - RPI per policy
Shawnee 1 vs. Iroquois 0 (forfeit)
Unaka (Elizabethton), TN 1 vs. Jenkins 0 forfeit

Pikeville is probably on the phone with these 4 teams today. Maybe Middlesboro will play. LOL just kidding!

I'd like to see Pikeville come to McCreary County Smile
  • Big Five-0-
(10-28-2021, 12:23 PM)PHSFOREVER1 Wrote: Well, had to create new account since no one was able to help me before. BUT, I’m back. Lol. Castlewood was punching WAY out of their class and either finally saw film and realized it, or just flat out chickened out. Maybe they pulled a Floppy Melons and just decided to disappear. Probably would have beaten that heavyweight on the Rams schedule though. Fairview. Wooooooo!

As for Middlesboro, please. Not a real knowledgeable fan on this site that was surprised that bunch said no. Still recovering from the dysentery they got on that “5 hour each way” bus trip the last time. Lol

Regardless, good luck to my Panthers. I hope y’all can find a game.

I can help you. Shoot me a PM
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(10-28-2021, 07:12 PM)PHSFOREVER1 Wrote:
(10-28-2021, 06:38 PM)pjdoug Wrote: I've tried to start a good fight here , but there must be a Quaker convention in town. Wake up you buncha chickens.
Can’t start a fight when everyone knows whatcha doing. Lol

I'm setting them up. They just don't know it yet. lol