Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Castlewood, VA
0%
Pikeville
100.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Castlewood, VA @ Pikeville 10/29
Castlewood (VA) vs Pikeville 10/29

Castlewood (VA) (2-6)
8/20 Rural Retreat 45-7 L
8/27 North Greene 22-6 L
9/9 Honaker 49-7 L
9/20 Thomas Walker 36-13 L
9/24 Rye Cove 33-12 W
10/1 Bland County 44-28 W
10/15 Lebanon 13-3 L
10/22 Burton 34-13 L

Pikeville (8-2)
Aug 20, 21 Paintsville home (W) 43 - 21 
Aug 28, 21 Bourbon County home (W) 1 - 0 - Pike County Bowl COVID Cancelation 
Sep 3, 21 Letcher County Central away (W) 48 - 7 
Sep 10, 21 Wheelersburg, OH away (W) 20 - 7 
Sep 17, 21 Belfry away (W) 29 - 0 ARH Bowl
Sep 24, 21 Lexington Christian away (L) 14 - 31 
Oct 1, 21 Madison Central away (L) 19 - 21
Oct 8, 21 Sayre home (W) 43 - 7 
Oct 15, 21 Phelps home (W) 49 - 0 
Oct 22, 21 Hazard away (W) 17 - 0 

Thoughts?
Pikeville wins but I don’t know anything about Castlewood and as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Pikeville by 4+ scores.
Bad
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
The Panthers don't need to mess around in this one. They need to come out and drop the hammer early and get their starters out of this game as quick as possible. The only thing standing in the way of another 1A State Title for Pikevile is a couple injuries, IMO. Good luck and STAY healthy.
[-] The following 3 users Like #55PirateFan's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Patriot1, VHSL-helper
Why is this being played? Castlewood has always been awful.
Why did Pikeville schedule this team? I looked them up and from what I've seen they are worse than Phelps. Some school named Burton who is ranked #320 in VA by MaxPreps is 1-7 and won their first game vs Castlewood this past Friday. No reason to play a team like this.

CalPreps predicts Pikeville to win 62-0. Surely Pikeville could have found somebody better than this team to play.
Pikeville only had 9 games on the schedule and Castlewood stepped up and agreed to play back in the Spring. Filling a 10-game schedule has been difficult for PHS the last few years. RPI has not helped in that regard.
[-] The following 2 users Like Panther Thunder's post:
  • Big Five-0-, VHSL-helper
This game will probably cause Pikeville to be on the road in the semis. This game and/or losing to Madison Central.
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Patriot1
(10-24-2021, 02:46 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: Why did Pikeville schedule this team? I looked them up and from what I've seen they are worse than Phelps. Some school named Burton who is ranked #320 in VA by MaxPreps is 1-7 and won their first game vs Castlewood this past Friday. No reason to play a team like this.

CalPreps predicts Pikeville to win 62-0. Surely Pikeville could have found somebody better than this team to play.

The RPI is a REAL problem for GOOD teams.  Pikeville reached out to MANY teams to try and fill the schedule, but with the RPI implications, teams just wont pull the trigger. Its probably the reason you see LCA and Madison Central on the schedule. I guess next year the 1A Panthers will just have to bite the bullet and play Trinity.

(10-24-2021, 03:04 PM)jetpilot Wrote: This game will probably cause Pikeville to be on the road in the semis. This game and/or losing to Madison Central.

Its gonna be REALLY close.  That being said KCD plays Metcalfe Co. this week and that is not necessarily an easy win for KCD.  Metcalfe is coming off a huge win over undefeated Green Co. last week. Could be an interesting game to keep an eye on.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hambley's post:
  • VHSL-helper
Pikeville 50+
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • VHSL-helper
Castlewood used to have a good program and as of late had some nice teams. This season they barely can field a team. It will be hard to watch as this could seriuosly be any score Pikeville wnats it to be,
Running clock
And Castlewood has cancelled two days before kickoff.
That sucks. I’m sure Pikeville would have took it easy on them and played JV players a lot.
So the question becomes is it a forfeit for RPI purposes or an open week?

An open is an out of state tie:
"All games shown as against OPEN will be counted as an out of state tie for RPI purposes (i.e. non-COVID team that does not replace a game or a natural open date)"

So the difference between an out of state win and an out of state tie *could* cause Pikeville to be on the road in the semifinals instead of at home. Again, *could*...
Game no longer happening. Pikeville deserves another game for their senior night and their players. Someone needs to step up and play a really well rounded team. Could make another team a lot better right before playoff time.
Going to be difficult to find anyone to play now. Last week of the season so even the teams who are off have already played their 10 games and this is their bye week.
McCreary Central 1 at Lynn Camp 0 (forfeit)
Middlesboro 1 at Pineville 0 COVID Cancelation - RPI per policy
Shawnee 1 vs. Iroquois 0 (forfeit)
Unaka (Elizabethton), TN 1 vs. Jenkins 0 forfeit

Pikeville is probably on the phone with these 4 teams today. Maybe Middlesboro will play. LOL just kidding!
(10-27-2021, 12:43 PM)jetpilot Wrote: McCreary Central 1 at Lynn Camp 0 (forfeit)

Pikeville is probably on the phone with these 4 teams today. Maybe Middlesboro will play. LOL just kidding!
I have not heard about any of these teams, but i have heard of a possible ashland game.
(10-27-2021, 12:29 PM)jetpilot Wrote: So the question becomes is it a forfeit for RPI purposes or an open week?

An open is an out of state tie:
"All games shown as against OPEN will be counted as an out of state tie for RPI purposes (i.e. non-COVID team that does not replace a game or a natural open date)"

So the difference between an out of state win and an out of state tie *could* cause Pikeville to be on the road in the semifinals instead of at home. Again, *could*...

SHOULD be a forfeit & not a COVID cancelation.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Panther Thunder's post:
  • jetpilot
Ashland should be able to play. They've played 9 games and are off this week. The week Pikeville played Wheelersburg was cause Ashland had to cancel.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pirateforlife's post:
  • Big Five-0-
(10-27-2021, 12:50 PM)MotoManiac11 Wrote:
(10-27-2021, 12:43 PM)jetpilot Wrote: McCreary Central 1 at Lynn Camp 0 (forfeit)

I have not heard about any of these teams, but i have heard of a possible ashland game.
That would be awesome.
Trinity is open. Before anyone laughs:
CALPREPS.COM
Your source for high school football scores, standings & rankings

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2021] Trinity (Louisville, KY) 31, [2021] Pikeville (KY) 20
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-
Middlesboro is now open.
(10-27-2021, 01:32 PM)Panther Thunder Wrote: Middlesboro is now open.
Sounds like refused to play open haha
(10-27-2021, 01:32 PM)Panther Thunder Wrote: Middlesboro is now open.

Lol nvm. That was quick.
Middlesboro had a chance to play Letcher a couple weeks ago and refused i believe.
No one is gonna play Pikeville on 2 days notice unless it’s a 5 or 6A school.
No one will play because everyone will be wanting there own home game.. wish Pikeville luck getting a game..