Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Corbin 42 Lincoln County 21
(10-16-2021, 05:25 PM)Iggyfan Wrote: The 2 teams with the best chance to run the table in the playoffs are Boyle and Corbin. JC, Central, Franklin County and LC are good enough to beat either Boyle or Corbin on any given night if either team does not play up to its potential. Everyone arguing whose better is silly. Let the season play out.

I just said Lincoln isn't a bad team. I didn't say they could beat Boyle.......they can't.
[-] The following 2 users Like BEChargers's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hound05
You all troll to much, Corbin won still undefeated that’s all that matters. They needed that 1st half to go the way it did all teams need a smack in the mouth. For instance belfry was 0-6 and now has a good chance to win 3A because iron sharpens iron. You also gotta think when a team plays a team of Corbin or Johnson central’s caliber that’s their State title they play with maximum effort. After watching the film and having saw some prior, Corbin Is a machine only got one problem from what I’ve seen and it’s a certain players attitude  and I’m sure that will be addressed this week by Coach Greer heavily but when you are that good you can play with that attitude maybe just be a little humble about it.
[-] The following 3 users Like Gold River's post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115, Bull got out!, Hound05
(10-16-2021, 10:13 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(10-16-2021, 12:41 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(10-16-2021, 10:02 AM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: state championship teams normally struggle with 3 win teams whos best win is over somerset things will be okay no reason to stress

WhenTheBellTrolls. lol

Classic. Well done.  LOL

(10-16-2021, 08:02 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(10-16-2021, 06:36 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(10-16-2021, 05:10 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:
(10-16-2021, 04:56 PM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: corbin had a kid ejected .. ? I thought tommy didn’t put up with that nonsense and was all about discipline .. that sure surprises me

Look even I have gave bell some compliments this season as bad as it hurts me to say.  You all are a solid team not to be overlooked in 3a, move on and drop it please.  We played our worst game of the season and glad it’s out of our system,  but your beating a dead horse with it.  I know several teams want to see us come up short,  it may happen if we don’t fix some stuff but the score board shows a 42-21 win so I will take it.  There is enough stuff going on without someone trying to take cheap shots. Good luck the rest of the way, I look to see bell play in semi state level this year.

Overlook it I’m sure going through the Fell Co school system done him no favors…

(10-16-2021, 06:22 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(10-16-2021, 01:34 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: Mr Baker was very impressive as always last night, just in case anyone was wondering….
I always wonder how my cousins are doing.

Which one you talking about?  There’s two of them and they both had a very good game, although one sprinting down the side line after an interception almost made me say some bad words….

You said Mr. Baker. I'm a Baker Smile
My mama was a Baker.

My great grandmother is a Baker, and a 3rd great grandfather is also a Baker.
Asking for a friend, Did Dakota Patterson play in this one or did I missed something on the radio
(10-18-2021, 02:15 PM)64SUR Wrote: Asking for a friend,  Did Dakota Patterson play in this one or did I missed something on the radio

You should pick one team to cheer for, then you'd know who played Smile
(10-18-2021, 02:15 PM)64SUR Wrote: Asking for a friend,  Did Dakota Patterson play in this one or did I missed something on the radio

No, he didn’t play. Neither did Longmire for most the second half.
(10-18-2021, 02:34 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

What is the penalty for the ejected player? out for the next game?

Thanks,  KHSAA showing he has played in 7 games this year. I thought he set out of another game.
(10-18-2021, 02:32 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

I can chew bubble gum and be in one place in 15 minutes and watched 2 games in one night.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • pjdoug
(10-18-2021, 02:41 PM)64SUR Wrote:
(10-18-2021, 02:32 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

I can chew bubble gum and be in one place in 15 minutes and watched 2 games in one night.

I believe that. lol
(10-18-2021, 02:39 PM)64SUR Wrote:

Thanks,  KHSAA showing he has played in 7 games this year. I thought he set out of another game.
He didn’t play maybe the Simon Kenton game, I can’t remember, it will be on the game updates but I know he didn’t dress for this one. I can’t remember which game but it was a home game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • 64SUR
Patterson didn’t dress against Simon Kenton. He played against Knox but don’t think he played vs Lincoln. He injured?
(10-18-2021, 06:52 PM)Corbin Wrote: Patterson didn’t dress against Simon Kenton. He played against Knox but don’t think he played vs Lincoln. He injured?

Not injured.
Corbin fan. I’m not going to lie I’m still not convinced. As I stated on another post Defense and weak schedule worry me. I Don’t see how anyone could say we have been tested/prepared for playoffs. 

just being real. If they don’t win it this year when do they? What more could they want/need?  

If any legit Corbin fan says they aren’t worried about haddix offense spreading us out and scoring they are lying or delusional.
(10-19-2021, 09:36 PM)Red Bunch Wrote: Corbin fan. I’m not going to lie I’m still not convinced. As I stated on another post Defense and weak schedule worry me. I Don’t see how anyone could say we have been tested/prepared for playoffs. 

just being real. If they don’t win it this year when do they? What more could they want/need?  

If any legit Corbin fan says they aren’t worried about haddix offense spreading us out and scoring they are lying or delusional.
I'm legit and yes I am worried. Maybe the D will step it up when it matters most.
(10-19-2021, 09:36 PM)Red Bunch Wrote: Corbin fan. I’m not going to lie I’m still not convinced. As I stated on another post Defense and weak schedule worry me. I Don’t see how anyone could say we have been tested/prepared for playoffs. 

To say I am not worried is a understatement. It’s not because we can’t do it, it’s more are we going to do what it takes to get it done. Our defense is amazing, offense can score at will, special teams is a A++. We have all three phases of the game covered except one, effort. 4a is a monster and one or two can’t beat eleven.
Corbin should be very worried. They do have time to get better though. They wouldn't want to play Boyle County right now.
(10-19-2021, 11:58 PM)jamesclay Wrote: Corbin should be very worried.  They do have time to get better though. They wouldn't want to play Boyle County right now.

Yeah I think your right, should probably just forfeit the rest of the season, no sense in even trying to lace up and play after the terrible season we’re having so far…
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!
(10-20-2021, 10:16 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(10-19-2021, 11:58 PM)jamesclay Wrote: Corbin should be very worried.  They do have time to get better though. They wouldn't want to play Boyle County right now.

Yeah I think your right, should probably just forfeit the rest of the season, no sense in even trying to lace up and play after the terrible season we’re having so far…
Big Grin
Look out on the horizon and you'll see trouble brewing.
You know even the pros only play good when they play good teams that’s about everything you look at you good players don’t put out when they are not really challenged
(10-20-2021, 12:43 PM)jamesclay Wrote: Look out on the horizon and you'll see trouble brewing.

How did you know I forgot my anniversary again?   Undecided
(10-20-2021, 12:43 PM)jamesclay Wrote: Look out on the horizon and you'll see trouble brewing.

That's deep sh!t, Plato.
[quote="606CATS" pid='2331360' dateline='1634746029']
You know even the pros only play good when they play good teams that’s about everything you look at you good players don’t put out when they are not really challenged
[/quote

That also creates upsets and early season exits from playoffs. If that’s our problem, we are screwed and not the attitude Corbin usually has.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bossdaddy 4115's post:
  • TD Hounds

laughs uncontrollably.
I see you masked and bent in the woodshed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • TD Hounds
(10-20-2021, 07:25 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

That's deep sh!t, Plato.
LOL!
Corbin's playoff run is going to be more disappointing than spending a night at the Motel 6 off of exit 25.
(10-20-2021, 01:07 PM)606CATS Wrote: You know even the pros only play good when they play good teams that’s about everything you look at you good players don’t put out when they are not really challenged

Good players, especially the ones wearing a C on their helmet should be giving 110% every play, they been taught that since they where in grade school.  If they consider themselves good players they should want to leave no doubts about how talented they are and how good the team they play for is.

(10-21-2021, 01:59 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
I see you masked and bent in the woodshed.

Big Grin I see you in a red shirt drinking hot chocolate
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • pjdoug
Lincoln beat a very respectable John Hardin team 14-7. Lowest point total of the season for John Hardin I would assume? They also beat Wayne County 29-0, which isn't easy to do. I understand Wayne is down, but that program has established itself at this point. The Somerset win is the 3rd best win on Lincoln's resume. 

Can Lincoln beat Corbin? They CAN. Will they most likely? Right now it's a 93% no. That's not disrespecting Lincoln either, it's just how I see it. 

Some of the older comments say "Lincoln plays at a snails pace" do you blame them? From what I see, they run a modern wing offense and will spread it out when needed. They had a really good game plan last week. Hell they may lose to Knox tomorrow, but I still think they're a competitive team. 

Davis WAS the best football player on the field Friday. He's not the best athlete, he doesn't have the best frame, but he had the best game and to deny that is just showing the bias. The kid deserves all of our respect from what I see. Will most likely finish the season as a top 10 WR in the state. 

That's my two cents. Glad I'm on the forum now! I love talking some good High school football!