Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(4A) Bourbon County @ #1 (1A) Pikeville 8/28 (Cancelled)
(08-27-2021, 05:09 PM)RoShamBo Wrote:
(08-27-2021, 04:58 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(08-27-2021, 04:53 PM)RoShamBo Wrote: JFC I feel like I'm getting redlined in freshman English. This is all I saw, dude. Take it for what it's worth.
It's not personal RSB, my apologies. Frustrating that nobody will come to a small Class A school, pick up a sack of cash, have a great meal and play the Panthers in one of the top bowls in the state in an atmosphere that is second to none.

Yeah, man. Everybody has been frustrated for about a year and a half now. But just because someone can't make your all's Pike County Bowl dreams come true doesn't mean they are ducking you. If they picked up the phone then I would think that would indicate they were at least willing to play.
Ok, like I said I'm curious to see what Somerset does instead.
Jet….you gotta remember this is happening to kids all over the state. Not just the kids in Pikeville. It’s a shitty situation and all of these schools thats cancelling are doing what our great governor is telling them to do. If you really wanna make some noise it about pick up your phone and call Frankfort
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • RoShamBo
(08-27-2021, 05:31 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: Jet….you gotta remember this is happening to kids all over the state. Not just the kids in Pikeville. It’s a shitty situation and all of these schools thats cancelling are doing what our great governor is telling them to do. If you really wanna make some noise it about pick up your phone and call Frankfort
Frankfort can't play tomorrow. But seriously Covid rules and teams who CAN play and won't show up are two different things...
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • VoR_58
(08-27-2021, 04:53 PM)RoShamBo Wrote: JFC I feel like I'm getting redlined in freshman English. This is all I saw, dude. Take it for what it's worth.
It's not personal RSB, my apologies. Frustrating that nobody will come to a small Class A school, pick up a sack of cash, have a great meal and play the Panthers in one of the top bowls in the state in an atmosphere that is second to none.

Yeah, man. Everybody has been frustrated for about a year and a half now. But just because someone can't make your all's Pike County Bowl dreams come true doesn't mean they are ducking you. If they picked up the phone then I would think that would indicate they were at least willing to play.
Ok RoShamBo what kind of reason would you give for not playing? Seems like any coach would want their players playing instead of setting home and getting game experience to get ready for the district games on the schedule but who knows. I don’t think they are ducking Pikeville but just would know why not play someone.
(08-27-2021, 05:31 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: Jet….you gotta remember this is happening to kids all over the state. Not just the kids in Pikeville. It’s a shitty situation and all of these schools thats cancelling are doing what our great governor is telling them to do. If you really wanna make some noise it about pick up your phone and call Frankfort
Frankfort can't play tomorrow. But seriously Covid rules and teams who CAN play and won't show up are two different things...
  • PHSForever
(08-27-2021, 05:42 PM)Patriot1 Wrote:

Ok RoShamBo what kind of reason would you give for not playing? Seems like any coach would want their players playing instead of setting home and getting game experience to get ready for the district games on the schedule but who knows. I don’t think they are ducking Pikeville but just would know why not play someone.

I have no idea of the reason.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoShamBo's post:
  • Patriot1
I see people all over the internet trying to help get Pikeville a game. Bridgeport WV perhaps? That would almost be too good to be true. I see nothing on Somerset though. Maybe they are trying to get a game but I can't find anything...
Maybe we are just scared of everyone?
(08-27-2021, 07:07 PM)RoShamBo Wrote: Maybe we are just scared of everyone?
Never said anything like that.
Today's word is 'scared"
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Ekybballer
I understand Pikeville is scrambling to try to get a game for their premier bowl. Fact of the matter is, these teams that don't want to give up home games can still make up the game they lost this week whenever their bye week rolls around. Pikeville stands to lose a lot of money, I get that, but they aren't holding all the cards here. Somerset's bye week is Week 10. They have 8 weeks to try to get a game to make up for the one they lost.
^^^With Covid you have to play every chance you get. Crazy to wait until the end of the year and just hope for the best.
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • PHSForever, VHSL-helper
Unfortunately it looks like this crap is here to stay and we are going to see this forever. Hate it for the kids players fans I remember how BIG game week was when I was in High School.
Why wouldn’t you want to play a quality opponent and get paid to do it? Somerset would be perfect. They get paid and they get better. Makes no sense. It’s not that dern long of a bus ride.
(08-27-2021, 07:18 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^With Covid you have to play every chance you get. Crazy to wait until the end of the year and just hope for the best.

H with the C word.
(08-27-2021, 07:16 PM)RoShamBo Wrote: I understand Pikeville is scrambling to try to get a game for their premier bowl. Fact of the matter is, these teams that don't want to give up home games can still make up the game they lost this week whenever their bye week rolls around. Pikeville stands to lose a lot of money, I get that, but they aren't holding all the cards here. Somerset's bye week is Week 10. They have 8 weeks to try to get a game to make up for the one they lost.
Their not just gonna lose one Ro….this will happen again next week and then the week after. Playing when you can is very important because in a couple weeks football will be over. We was able to get a full season in last year. These people have been waiting to flex their power for a year. We won’t get a full season in this year so playing when you can seems to be the smart thing to do.
(08-27-2021, 07:18 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^With Covid you have to play every chance you get. Crazy to wait until the end of the year and just hope for the best.

I don't disagree. I'm not a decision maker, I have no affiliation with Somerset other than a high school diploma from way back when. Just trying to speculate as to how that conversation may have gone. For all we know Pikeville may have offered to travel.
(08-27-2021, 07:35 PM)RoShamBo Wrote:

I don't disagree. I'm not a decision maker, I have no affiliation with Somerset other than a high school diploma from way back when. Just trying to speculate as to how that conversation may have gone. For all we know Pikeville may have offered to travel.
I hear everything you are saying. Doubt Pikeville is offering to travel anywhere to be honest. Probably PCB or bust.
(08-27-2021, 07:26 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(08-27-2021, 07:16 PM)RoShamBo Wrote: I understand Pikeville is scrambling to try to get a game for their premier bowl. Fact of the matter is, these teams that don't want to give up home games can still make up the game they lost this week whenever their bye week rolls around. Pikeville stands to lose a lot of money, I get that, but they aren't holding all the cards here. Somerset's bye week is Week 10. They have 8 weeks to try to get a game to make up for the one they lost.
Their not just gonna lose one Ro….this will happen again next week and then the week after. Playing when you can is very important because in a couple weeks football will be over. We was able to get a full season in last year. These people have been waiting to flex their power for a year. We won’t get a full season in this year so playing when you can seems to be the smart thing to do.
I talk to my son today and he told me that this is my grandson’s 3rd year of high school and all 3 have been effected by COVID but I should have known that but didn’t really set in on my mind until he told me that just like all the juniors this year so it is a big deal for these young men so I agree play when you can because no one knows what next week will look like we’ll even tomorrow for that matter
[-] The following 1 user Likes Patriot1's post:
  • VHSL-helper
Here’s FACTS:

1) quality opponent in an electric atmosphere
2) $3k PLUS mileage
3) Free Food
4) Televised game
5) No clue how many more games this year. Hoping to fill a bye week 6 weeks from now is not smart. Just my opinion. Not a shot at Somerset. But I’m REAL curious to see what these other teams who were open do too.
[-] The following 2 users Like PHSForever's post:
  • Gus McCrae, jetpilot
I’ll say it. Someone may have already. Somerset is scared to get beat by a 1A team and it hurting their RPI. It’s the only thing that makes sense at all.
(08-27-2021, 08:03 PM)VoR_58 Wrote: I’ll say it. Someone may have already. Somerset is scared to get beat by a 1A team and it hurting their RPI. It’s the only thing that makes sense at all.
^^^Or they don't care about RPI but still don't care for Pikeville as dougie would say "smoking that hind end" hehe

<>
  • pjdoug
Well lookie here...

https://twitter.com/BlueColonels/status/...4294145029

Somerset, Christian Academy Louisville, and George Rogers Clark all declined Pikeville's invitation to play. Breathitt County is now playing North Laurel, and Berea is now playing Paris. Not looking good right now. I hate it for Pikeville...
(08-27-2021, 08:03 PM)VoR_58 Wrote: I’ll say it. Someone may have already. Somerset is scared to get beat by a 1A team and it hurting their RPI. It’s the only thing that makes sense at all.

This is the only argument that doesn't make sense actually. RPI is a factor for the top 5 or 6 teams, which Somerset most certainly is not. You're talking about a team that will probably go 4-6 or 5-5 being concerned about RPI points. Get serious.
As of about an hour ago Bridgeport WV is the leading candidate. Somerset wasn't completely out.
Does anyone know for sure the circumstances? Maybe Pikeville isn’t even interested in playing Somerset. We are just a bunch of old men blowing on a high school football site haha. Lots of unknowns
[-] The following 2 users Like RAMDAD50's post:
  • RoShamBo, VoR_58
(08-27-2021, 08:48 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: Does anyone know for sure the circumstances? Maybe Pikeville isn’t even interested in playing Somerset. We are just a bunch of old men blowing on a high school football site haha. Lots of unknowns
I do. Don't have much time right now to explain but my last statement is fact. The deal with Somerset is getting their BOE to approve it. The coaches and team want to. Problem is pike is in the black covid wise.
(08-27-2021, 09:03 PM)Panther88 Wrote:
(08-27-2021, 08:48 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: Does anyone know for sure the circumstances? Maybe Pikeville isn’t even interested in playing Somerset. We are just a bunch of old men blowing on a high school football site haha. Lots of unknowns
I do. Don't have much time right now to explain but my last statement is fact. The deal with Somerset is getting their BOE to approve it. The coaches and team want to. Problem is pike is in the black covid wise.

Well there you have it I guess. Hopefully they can pull it off.
So have Pikeville found a game for tomorrow I’m shock Cal or somerset wouldn’t take the challenge
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoShamBo's post:
  • Bull got out!