Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(4A) Bourbon County @ #1 (1A) Pikeville 8/28 (Cancelled)
(08-27-2021, 12:15 PM)RoShamBo Wrote: Russell County just cancelled on Somerset. Not sure logistically if it would be possible to make a game happen between Pikeville and Somerset but that would be a fun one.
Somerset vs Pikeville would be a great match up. 2019 1a champion vs 2019 2a champion. Would be a better opponent than Bourbon imo.
(08-27-2021, 10:40 AM)Panther Thunder Wrote:
(08-27-2021, 09:34 AM)pirateforlife Wrote: Did Pikeville contact CAL? They would be a good opponent who had their game canceled due to Covid also.

CAL declined. A list of about 10 schools also have declined.
Is 6A Clark Co. on that list. Because that would be super. Their game for this week is still on KHSAA but several people have said it is cancelled.
If no one will play Pikeville I would see if Trinity would come do a scrimmage like the Johnson Central scrimmage. Would be great for both schools. Honor PCB tickets. Would rather pay to see that 100-1 over a 49-6 game vs. Bourbon. Jay Cobb is Trinity coach and spent most of his life in E KY. He just might agree to do it...I would buy 10 tickets just for myself is this could happen...
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • PHS DYNASTY
Scratch Trinity, looks like they had to forfeit. Was showing as a 1-0 win last night, now 0-1 loss...
Well crap, was a huge longshot anyway.
(08-27-2021, 12:49 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:
(08-27-2021, 12:15 PM)RoShamBo Wrote: Russell County just cancelled on Somerset. Not sure logistically if it would be possible to make a game happen between Pikeville and Somerset but that would be a fun one.
Somerset vs Pikeville would be a great match up. 2019 1a champion vs 2019 2a champion. Would be a better opponent than Bourbon imo.

Word is they are trying to make it happen.
(08-27-2021, 02:51 PM)RoShamBo Wrote:

I hope you are right, this matchup would be a gigantic improvement. But I don't get "trying to make it happen." Isn't is as easy as just saying yes?
(08-27-2021, 02:59 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(08-27-2021, 02:51 PM)RoShamBo Wrote:

I hope you are right, this matchup would be a gigantic improvement. But I don't get "trying to make it happen." Isn't is as easy as just saying yes?

I have no idea just what I heard. There may be no hang ups at all, but if there are, I would guess that the fact it was supposed to be a home game for both teams, with both games expected to draw a pretty big gate, might be where the negotiation is happening.
[-] The following 2 users Like RoShamBo's post:
  • jetpilot, PHS DYNASTY
With East and West Carter having to cancel, that leaves Rowan County and Fleming County needing a game.
Word is there is no game for Saturday night for the Panthers and this truly does suck. Hate for these young men on both sides of it. Looks like that RPI thing is really working out good and that’s my opinion as to why no one will play a 1A team and it’s going to get worse for them. That’s the only reason I can see of any school turning down 3000 dollars and expenses and a meal to not to play this Pikeville team. If I could get Spud,RamDaD50,PJDoug.64 sur,OutlawJoseyWales,JetPilot,2000PHS,Bluebird, and a few more we would suit up and play. One more thing Pikeville would also have to cover medical expenses plus the rest they offered. Probably would have to worry about the after the game meal though we probably couldn’t eat any way
[-] The following 1 user Likes Patriot1's post:
  • jetpilot
So there you have it? 99% of the time you hear "they are trying to work it out" instead of "game on" it ends up being no game. I guess $3k + expenses + meal isn't nearly enough to cover a beatdown these days...
  • PHS DYNASTY
(08-27-2021, 03:17 PM)jetpilot Wrote: So there you have it? 99% of the time you hear "they are trying to work it out" instead of "game on" it ends up being no game. I guess $3k + expenses + meal isn't nearly enough to cover a beatdown these days...
$ 3k is still $3k, plus the addon's. You would think that someone would step up and say "I'm on my way". Even if your team might leave Hambley with a loss, it would still be good experience for your team and a great atmosphere at one of the high end bowls in the state!
[-] The following 2 users Like PHS DYNASTY's post:
  • Gus McCrae, jetpilot
(08-27-2021, 03:28 PM)PHS DYNASTY Wrote:
(08-27-2021, 03:17 PM)jetpilot Wrote: So there you have it? 99% of the time you hear "they are trying to work it out" instead of "game on" it ends up being no game. I guess $3k + expenses + meal isn't nearly enough to cover a beatdown these days...
$ 3k is still $3k, plus the addon's. You would think that someone would step up and say "I'm on my way". Even if your team might leave Hambley with a loss, it would still be good experience for your team and a great atmosphere at one of the high end bowls in the state!
Plus, the hospitality is unbeatable !
[-] The following 2 users Like Gus McCrae's post:
  • jetpilot, PHS DYNASTY
I agree. Every team that said no to Pikeville and then doesn't play anyone else this weekend either...well never mind
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Gus McCrae, PHS DYNASTY
(08-27-2021, 03:32 PM)Gus McCrae Wrote:
Plus, the hospitality is unbeatable !
Right on !
(08-27-2021, 03:11 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: Word is there is no game for Saturday night for the Panthers and this truly does suck. Hate for these young men on both sides of it. Looks like that RPI thing is really working out good and that’s my opinion as to why no one will play a 1A team and it’s going to get worse for them. That’s  the only reason I can see of any school turning down 3000 dollars and expenses and a meal to not to play this Pikeville team. If I could get Spud,RamDaD50,PJDoug.64 sur,OutlawJoseyWales,JetPilot,2000PHS,Bluebird, and a few more we would suit up and play. One more thing Pikeville would also have to cover medical expenses plus the rest they offered. Probably would have to worry about the after the game meal though we probably couldn’t eat any way
I think Pikeville would have more competition playing against air then this team hahaha. This sucks guys. I truly believe football is done after this week
Somerset can be added to the list of teams not coming to the PCB.

GRC has been out of the equation for a while.
(08-27-2021, 03:42 PM)Panther Thunder Wrote: Somerset can be added to the list of teams not coming to the PCB.

I'd like to hear some explanations (excuses ) as to why they turned down the PHS offer.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gus McCrae's post:
  • jetpilot
(08-27-2021, 03:58 PM)Gus McCrae Wrote:
(08-27-2021, 03:42 PM)Panther Thunder Wrote: Somerset can be added to the list of teams not coming to the PCB.

I'd like to hear some explanations (excuses ) as to why they turned down the PHS offer.
Until I hear a good reason (can't think of any) I'm going with the real reason....avoid beatdown...But also people who are awarded a win due to someone cancelling on them would rather keep that for RPI than take a loss maybe? Regardless, lots of adults ruining another school year and hurting the kids, as expected...
  • Bull got out!
(08-27-2021, 04:04 PM)Ijetpilot Wrote:

Until I hear a good reason (can't think of any) I'm going with the real reason....avoid beatdown...But also people who are awarded a win due to someone cancelling on them would rather keep that for RPI than take a loss maybe? Regardless, lots of adults ruining another school year and hurting the kids, as expected...
Unfortunately the excuse can be summed up in 3 letters. RPI.
(08-27-2021, 04:04 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

Does anybody even know if actual conversations took place? And if there were, why couldn't Pikeville come to Somerset? This was supposed to be a big gate night for us as well. 

The RPI argument is stupid. This year's version of Somerset is not going to be too concerned about RPI points at the end of the season, I can promise you that. And even if they were, they wouldn't be picking up many from Russell County anyways. Like I said before, this was a tough game to pull off logistically. It's 3+ hours by bus, on a Saturday.

And avoiding a beatdown? If Pikeville were on our schedule, they would probably be at best the 4th best team we played this year. Get over yourselves.
(08-27-2021, 04:25 PM)RoShamBo Wrote:

Does anybody even know if actual conversations took place? And if there were, why couldn't Pikeville come to Somerset? This was supposed to be a big gate night for us as well. 

The RPI argument is stupid. This year's version of Somerset is not going to be too concerned about RPI points at the end of the season, I can promise you that. And even if they were, they wouldn't be picking up many from Russell County anyways. Like I said before, this was a tough game to pull off logistically. It's 3+ hours by bus, on a Saturday.

And avoiding a beatdown? If Pikeville were on our schedule, they would probably be at best the 4th best team we played this year. Get over yourselves.
You're the guy who said they were "trying to work it out." And Pikeville's priority is to save the Pike County Bowl, which is 1000x bigger than a road game at Somerset. But I'm anxious to see what better "alternative" Somerset comes up with.

lol
This would be a great experience and atmosphere for any team to come play in. This goes for the games at Belfry and Pikeville. Can't believe no team has stepped us to play in this great event with a high level opponent.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pirateforlife's post:
  • jetpilot
(08-27-2021, 04:36 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

You're the guy who said they were "trying to work it out." And Pikeville's priority is to save the Pike County Bowl, which is 1000x bigger than a road game at Somerset. But I'm anxious to see what better "alternative" Somerset comes up with.

That's what I read on TOS. Sorry dude I'm not a sports journalist, I'm not getting the inside scoop. Maybe ask the guys that are saying it's definitely not happening why that is.

Why is it on Somerset or any team for that matter to make everything happen for you guys though? Two parties negotiated terms and couldn't come to an agreement. That's it.
(08-27-2021, 04:44 PM)RoShamBo Wrote:
(08-27-2021, 04:36 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(08-27-2021, 03:58 PM)Gus McCrae Wrote: I'd like to hear some explanations (excuses ) as to why they turned down the PHS offer.

That's what I read on TOS. Sorry dude I'm not a sports journalist, I'm not getting the inside scoop. Maybe ask the guys that are saying it's definitely not happening why that is.

Why is it on Somerset or any team for that matter to make everything happen for you guys though? Two parties negotiated terms and couldn't come to an agreement. That's it.
So which is it? Good luck to Somerset the rest of the year.
JFC I feel like I'm getting redlined in freshman English. This is all I saw, dude. Take it for what it's worth.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoShamBo's post:
  • Belfry_99
(08-27-2021, 04:53 PM)RoShamBo Wrote: JFC I feel like I'm getting redlined in freshman English. This is all I saw, dude. Take it for what it's worth.
It's not personal RSB, my apologies. Frustrating that nobody will come to a small Class A school, pick up a sack of cash, have a great meal and play the Panthers in one of the top bowls in the state in an atmosphere that is second to none.
I will say, Pikeville definitely would. That’s why they the program they got.
(08-27-2021, 04:58 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(08-27-2021, 04:53 PM)RoShamBo Wrote: JFC I feel like I'm getting redlined in freshman English. This is all I saw, dude. Take it for what it's worth.
It's not personal RSB, my apologies. Frustrating that nobody will come to a small Class A school, pick up a sack of cash, have a great meal and play the Panthers in one of the top bowls in the state in an atmosphere that is second to none.
Dorsie's?  Woah
(08-27-2021, 04:58 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

Yeah, man. Everybody has been frustrated for about a year and a half now. But just because someone can't make your all's Pike County Bowl dreams come true doesn't mean they are ducking you. If they picked up the phone then I would think that would indicate they were at least willing to play.