Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Paintsville Tigers
11.76%
Pikeville Panthers
88.24%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville @ Pikeville 8/20/21
Both teams had opponents cancel for the opening Friday of the season, so here we are. 

Thoughts & Predictions.
No comment in this one.

Pikeville 42
Painstville 13
Good game to gauge where both teams are at
I thought Pikeville looked good at the 7x7, I watched all the pool play games except the one they played us in.
Pikeville is my pick for 1A crown. It starts here.

Pikeville 35
Paintsville 14
Pikeville 42-7
So are these two going to play again September 3rd?
Smart move by both schools.
Opening makes game even bigger. Huge crowd for this one.

I look for Pikeville to win big but I was looking to win big vs Hazard also so there is that. I will go with Pikeville by 21.
With Paintsville coming off of a state title and this being a big time rival game I look for this one to be closer than most think. I think Pikeville will get the win but it not in a blow out. One thing is for certain though, Paintsville will be battle tested for sure after having Pikeville, Beechwood, and Somerset in back to back weeks.

Pikeville 35
Paintsville 21
Everyone can make predictions but with this being the first game of the season and a big rivalry game for both I wouldn’t know how to predict this one and I am not. I am just glad to get to go and watch this one. Glad both teams made adjustments to play this game and at least give them a game to look forward to. Paintsville knows Pikeville very well but Pikeville has no clue on how Paintsville’s offense and defense will look with the new coaches being at Paintsville. Great first game for both.
[-] The following 2 users Like Patriot1's post:
  • jetpilot, PHS DYNASTY
(08-15-2021, 05:02 PM)bac2369 Wrote: So are these two going to play again September 3rd?

As of right now. Yes
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Glad both teams get to play in week one. We may not know how important this is to both teams….we don’t know what’s going to happen as the season moves along due to covid. Playing in the first three weeks is huge. Haven’t a clue who wins. If you go with the chatter on this site Pikeville will win the National Championship on their way to winning the Super Bowl and most say Paintsville is way down. I don’t believe neither so let’s play ball. Good luck to both teams
Why did evangel Christian cancel on Pikeville?
(08-15-2021, 06:56 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(08-15-2021, 05:02 PM)bac2369 Wrote: So are these two going to play again September 3rd?

As of right now. Yes
No they won’t play again is what I heard I believe what was trying to get work out is another game on that date. Now I don’t know if that has happened yet or not but if I hear I will post it.
(08-15-2021, 08:35 PM)Running wild 14 Wrote: Why did evangel Christian cancel on Pikeville?

They will not be fielding a team this year.
(08-15-2021, 08:41 PM)Patriot1 Wrote:
(08-15-2021, 06:56 PM)Spud6 Wrote:

As of right now. Yes
No they won’t play again is what I heard I believe what was trying to get work out is another game on that date. Now I don’t know if that has happened yet or not but if I hear I will post it.
I think this is a smart move by both teams. Play what games you can. It’s a shame we are still dealing with covid but it’s not going away any time soon.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • Patriot1
Pikeville is better at every position but H Phelps is the X factor. I think I could have run for 200 yards vs KCD (8.7 40) but I will wait to see him in person. If I am Pikeville I am keying on him every play with 5 guys.
And Pikeville will go up and down the field on Paintsville like they always do...
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • PHS DYNASTY
Paintsville looked rough against middlesboro and pikeville should be a different beast, size and speed didn’t dominate as I expected so there shouldn’t be a competition here.

pikeville 41
paintsville 14
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gridiron_Raid's post:
  • Gus McCrae

What Hillard said in the first 10 seconds is my exact thoughts on this game.
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Gus McCrae, PHS DYNASTY
(08-15-2021, 11:12 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

Some of the best words ever spoken by our great coach.
[-] The following 2 users Like PHS DYNASTY's post:
  • Gus McCrae, jetpilot
(08-16-2021, 01:12 AM)PHS DYNASTY Wrote:
(08-15-2021, 11:12 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

Some of the best words ever spoken by our great coach.
When these two get together, its gonna be an exciting game for sure. Both are very capable football teams. Pikeville wins this one, just too much depth, size, speed, and talent. How close ? it's up to the Panthers, Just go out there and make plays and play together.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gus McCrae's post:
  • jetpilot
Go ahead and Give Pikeville the trophy just like last year! Oh wait........... ? We didn't even get to see the Panthers last year!
Paintsville by a TD.
Be careful Blue and BBN….jet will put you on ignore as well.
[-] The following 2 users Like RAMDAD50's post:
  • Blue_Bird96, jetpilot
(08-16-2021, 01:31 PM)Blue_Bird96 Wrote: Go ahead and Give Pikeville the trophy just like last year! Oh wait........... ? We didn't even get to see the Panthers last year!
Lol ! Your little kitties will more than see the Panthers this year bluebirdie. At least Pikeville didn't chicken out and run from anyone last year.
(08-15-2021, 08:56 PM)Panther Thunder Wrote:
(08-15-2021, 08:35 PM)Running wild 14 Wrote: Why did evangel Christian cancel on Pikeville?

They will not be fielding a team this year.
Well crap. That means that Letcher central will be a game short too.
(08-16-2021, 06:42 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: Be careful Blue and  BBN….jet will put you on ignore as well.
No way I will block them (or you either RD)...I want them both to bring a big sack of money to the game Friday!
(08-15-2021, 04:24 PM)Panther Thunder Wrote: Both teams had opponents cancel for the opening Friday of the season, so here we are. 

Thoughts & Predictions.
I will say this Paintsville is defending 1A Champs and 2 consecutive title game appearances.

With that said Paintsville came to Middlesboro Friday night and lost to the Jackets in the grid o Rama.  4 qtrs were played with a running clock...yeah I know a scrimmage but it was for both teams.

Although Middlesboro has been really down the last 10 yrs the last 2 or 3 have been alot better but still Middlesboro isn't a title contender in 1A and for sure 2A...Pikeville is for sure in 1A

From what i saw Friday night based on that alone then Pikeville should handle Paintsville by 3td plus IMO

I know this thread has nothing to do with Middlesboro just making my comparison in that way.
^ Give us some on the insight on that scrimmage between Paintsville and Middlesboro? Pikeville is hungry to play. I would like to attend this game. I still may, just depends what’s going on.
Anyone know if this game is livestream ? What media ?
Wish these two schools would schedule this game to start the season on a 100 year contract.

Obviously, Pikeville should be more polished this early in the season than Paintsville. (All state veteran QB, talented skill position players and a very good o line, and of course the same coaching staff).

This game is great for both regardless of the score. Both will have positive things to watch on film and negative things to correct.
[-] The following 3 users Like 2000PHS's post:
  • jetpilot, Patriot1, PHS DYNASTY