Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dumb stuff Democrats say/do
(02-23-2021, 09:35 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 09:24 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 09:12 PM)jetpilot Wrote: I actually agree with you that RH is crooked, which is a different topic than Waters' ignorance on the subject.

Someone coached her on the topic. She had no idea about what Robinhood did.

Love her or hate her AOC provided some of the best questioning of the day. I did feel she knew what she was talking about and has the retail investor’s interest at heart. 

However, investment firms do have some responsibility, and are liable for losses that may be attributed to overextension or carelessness i.e. Ponzi schemes.  

Flip it around, and RH bumbles over a 100 millionaires the same way they did the us, common men, and Vlad is in cuffs right now. 

I still say RH is our best seat at the table for now.
Yes, as usual.

I agree with the rest of your post. AOC has said several things lately that I agree at least partially with. But geez she is annoying. The thing with Ted Cruz "almost getting her killed" was pathetic.  As for RH, trading for free and also investing in partial shares is springing up everywhere now.

I’ll stay on a common thread.  I remember agreeing with Rand Paul when he said we shouldn’t be hunted by our own drones.  

(you gotta admit she toasted his ass this wkd by heading to Texas and working in food kitchens and raising millions in charitable funds.)

My only issue is TD Fidelity and Charles Schwab were two of the common gatekeepers to Wall Street. They have kept us all out for years and played with the fortunes of the nations. 

RH is new blood.  I hope to see more new blood.  Americans deserve that.

Stocks and industry were not meant to be held by such a tiny percent like we’ve seen over the past few decades.
(02-23-2021, 11:50 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 09:12 PM)jetpilot Wrote: I actually agree with you that RH is crooked, which is a different topic than Waters' ignorance on the subject.

Love her or hate her AOC provided some of the best questioning of the day. I did feel she knew what she was talking about and has the retail investor’s interest at heart. 

However, investment firms do have some responsibility, and are liable for losses that may be attributed to overextension or carelessness i.e. Ponzi schemes.  

Flip it around, and RH bumbles over a 100 millionaires the same way they did the us, common men, and Vlad is in cuffs right now. 

Yes, as usual.

I agree with the rest of your post. AOC has said several things lately that I agree at least partially with. But geez she is annoying. The thing with Ted Cruz "almost getting her killed" was pathetic.  As for RH, trading for free and also investing in partial shares is springing up everywhere now.

I’ll stay on a common thread.  I remember agreeing with Rand Paul when he said we shouldn’t be hunted by our own drones.  

(you gotta admit she toasted his ass this wkd by heading to Texas and working in food kitchens and raising millions in charitable funds.)

My only issue is TD Fidelity and Charles Schwab were two of the common gatekeepers to Wall Street. They have kept us all out for years and played with the fortunes of the nations. 

Stocks and industry were not meant to be held by such a tiny percent like we’ve seen over the past few decades.
Unforced error by Cruz that may cost him down the road and leading to AOC flying down to TX for a photo op and asking for donations., but Texans know AOC is a disaster.  Dems in Congress wasted the first month plus of Biden presidency on fake impeachment and then promptly went on vacation after promising "$2000 on day 1" and crickets from the media. If AOC is such a great fundraiser she should try to improve her sh!thole district instead of running Amazon headquarters w/high-paying jobs off.

Agree with the rest of your post haha, I love the RH/Reddit/El Presidente stuff but seems like RH lost credibility.

Portnoy is trashing Vlad on Twitter as I post this lol.
(02-24-2021, 12:44 AM)jetpilot Wrote:

Yes, as usual.

Unforced error by Cruz that may cost him down the road and leading to AOC flying down to TX for a photo op and asking for donations., but Texans know AOC is a disaster.  Dems in Congress wasted the first month plus of Biden presidency on fake impeachment and then promptly went on vacation after promising "$2000 on day 1" and crickets from the media. If AOC is such a great fundraiser she should try to improve her sh!thole district instead of running Amazon headquarters w/high-paying jobs off.

Agree with the rest of your post haha, I love the RH/Reddit/El Presidente stuff but seems like RH lost credibility.

Cruz keeps dribbling the ball off his leg for absolutely no reason. 

JP, my media is all over Dems on the 2k.  We fully expect another stimulus of $600 in a month or so after this one.  Manchin is the hold up for a straight party line vote, but I will ask.  Why won’t republicans vote for that stimulus? 

I live in a  sh!thole district in KY, so I guess it’s hard to hold somebody in another state to a higher standard.

I’m just torn. Until a real competitor comes up, RH is the only REAL game in town. Portnoy and high rollers have little in common with those of us investing $20 at a time.
(02-24-2021, 01:08 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 12:44 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 09:24 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Someone coached her on the topic. She had no idea about what Robinhood did.

Yes, as usual.

Cruz keeps dribbling the ball off his leg for absolutely no reason. 

JP, my media is all over Dems on the 2k.  We fully expect another stimulus of $600 in a month or so after this one.  Manchin is the hold up for a straight party line vote, but I will ask.  Why won’t republicans vote for that stimulus? 

I live in a  sh!thole district in KY, so I guess it’s hard to hold somebody in another state to a higher standard.

I’m just torn. Until a real competitor comes up, RH is the only REAL game in town. Portnoy and high rollers have little in common with those of us investing $20 at a time.
I think you know the answer. Republicans would vote for $2000 for every American at this point but no way on the bulk of the $1.9T that is basically a liberal slush fund.

Have you looked at Stash? I don't know who the owners are but looks like a viable option for incremental investing.
Matt Couch
@RealMattCouch
·
Feb 20
Can we keep the Keystone Pipeline if we add Hunter to the board?

Asking for everyone who’s seen their gas prices go up by almost $1 a gallon already..
(02-24-2021, 10:18 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Matt Couch
@RealMattCouch
·
Feb 20

Asking for everyone who’s seen their gas prices go up by almost $1 a gallon already..

I disagree with Keystone, but that is funny I don't care who you are.  Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cardfan1's post:
  • jetpilot
^^ Dumb stuff Democrats say/do.

I mean, I get it. You're a caustic insecure RuPaul binger. But is it really worth cutting your own throat just to get at conservatives? The things conservatives support benefits everybody. The dumb stuff Cardfan supports doesn't even support himself.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(02-24-2021, 04:32 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: ^^ Dumb stuff Democrats say/do. 

I mean, I get it. You're a caustic insecure RuPaul binger. But is it really worth cutting your own throat just to get at conservatives?  The things conservatives support benefits everybody. The dumb stuff Cardfan supports doesn't even support himself.

Who’s RuPaul?  Rand’s brother? 

Keystone has a myriad of problems. I’m certain you have no idea, because it wasn’t in the Bible or Rush didn’t tell you what to think. 

Things conservatives support do not benefit everybody. Most benefit a very few and are filled with lies.
(02-20-2021, 11:01 PM)jetpilot Wrote: After AOC Calls for Boycott of Pro-Trump GOYA, Sales Skyrocket and CEO Names Her 'Employee of the Month'

https://www.newsweek.com/after-aoc-calls...th-1553018

I'm hearing that AOC and Trump are going to team up during the next Presidential election.  Trump is hoping that she can help get all of his debt forgiven, and she may just be the person who can get it done.

@RealMattCouch
·
Feb 20

Prices are increasing because of price gouging with companies cashing in while they can.

You may be right about Hunter Biden and Keystone though, because sadly this is the way Washington DC works.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Outsider's post:
  • Cardfan1
(02-24-2021, 06:30 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 04:32 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: ^^ Dumb stuff Democrats say/do. 

I mean, I get it. You're a caustic insecure RuPaul binger. But is it really worth cutting your own throat just to get at conservatives?  The things conservatives support benefits everybody. The dumb stuff Cardfan supports doesn't even support himself.

Who’s RuPaul?  Rand’s brother? 

Keystone has a myriad of problems. I’m certain you have no idea, because it wasn’t in the Bible or Rush didn’t tell you what to think. 

Things conservatives support do not benefit everybody. Most benefit a very few and are filled with lies.

LOL, let me get this straight. Supposedly I am to feel put upon because I place such great value on God's Word?

Actually it is you who have no idea what you're talking about. Man is at the center of God's creation. The universe in all of it's vastness down to our own solar system, was created solely for men to behold the Lord's greatness. We've gone to the moon, and we have designs on making the trip to Mars soon.

God created the earth in such a way that man would easily find everything he needs to sustain himself. Within Earth's crust lay all the minerals, clay, rock, metals, precious metals, fossil fuels and elements, even water, that man needs to fashion an unlimited existence for himself. The things men need which are not mined, grow on top of the ground. The Lord put all that stuff there for us to use. But "professing themselves to be wise, men have become fools" Romans 1:22; and are poised to turn their backs on the Lord's provision. As in the green agenda. The lights are off in other words figuratively, and as the result they will be off literally as soon as the rabidly self willed have their way.

And why would men do something so ridiculous? Succinctly; because men dare not consider what ultimately lies ahead, the judgment, they deny God as creator and imagine themselves as being sovereign. "Their foolish hearts were darkened" Rm 1:21, by God Himself, and their imaginations became vain. There is absolutely not one tiny little ecologically impactful problem with the Keystone Pipeline. Other than that is, the fools who reject God's provision. Further, and I know how tore up you are about global warming. God made an overarching statement about global warming as well. The time frame is just after the great flood. Noah and his family and all the animals that were on the Ark have just returned to land. God said:
 Genesis 8:22
22“While the earth remains,
Seedtime and harvest,
Cold and heat,
Summer and winter,
And day and night
Shall not cease.”

Now I am pretty sure you will want to straighten the Lord out on that matter as well. But men have always wanted to be the masters of their own fate, it's in their nature. And so as we can easily see, He has allowed exactly that. Don't try and tell me what's in the Bible.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(02-24-2021, 06:45 PM)The Outsider Wrote:
(02-20-2021, 11:01 PM)jetpilot Wrote: After AOC Calls for Boycott of Pro-Trump GOYA, Sales Skyrocket and CEO Names Her 'Employee of the Month'

I'm hearing that AOC and Trump are going to team up during the next Presidential election.  Trump is hoping that she can help get all of his debt forgiven, and she may just be the person who can get it done.

@RealMattCouch
·
Feb 20

Prices are increasing because of price gouging with companies cashing in while they can.

You may be right about Hunter Biden and Keystone though, because sadly this is the way Washington DC works.
No, I think I'll stick with free market forces like supply and demand, and Dems constantly cutting supply while demand continues to rise.
(02-24-2021, 10:27 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

@RealMattCouch
·
Feb 20

No, I think I'll stick with free market forces like supply and demand, and Dems constantly cutting supply while demand continues to rise.

Stopping the project should not impact fuel prices in the short term.  Now the long term effect is a different story.
  • Cardfan1
(02-24-2021, 11:14 PM)The Outsider Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 10:27 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

@RealMattCouch
·
Feb 20

Stopping the project should not impact fuel prices in the short term.  Now the long term effect is a different story.
^^^Yes, the market processes information in real-time and prices reflect it...
mitrebox
@mitrebox
·
53m
Guess we know why they still got a fence around the Capitol building.
Quote Tweet
Phil Kerpen
@kerpen
· 1h
Wow.  The BidenBucks bill pays federal employees up to 15 weeks of paid leave at $1400 per week if they have to stay home to virtual school kids.

You get $1400 once. They get it every week for 15 weeks. Swamp takes care of swamp.

https://forbes.com/sites/adamandrzejewsk...up-to-21k/
Show this thread
Good gravy, you conservatives can jump off any cliff you’re told to... gas is the same price it was this week last year.

Keystone was full go then. Care to explain?
(02-25-2021, 09:22 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Good gravy, you conservatives can jump off any cliff you’re told to... gas is the same price it was this week last year.

http://bluegrassrivals.com/forum/showthr...pid2274415
Eric Matheny ?
@EricMMatheny
·
55m
Why do Democrats fight tooth and nail for the rights of violent criminals and the incarcerated but look down with complete disgust at the law-abiding gun owners with no criminal history?
(02-25-2021, 09:22 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Good gravy, you conservatives can jump off any cliff you’re told to... gas is the same price it was this week last year.

Don't mind a bit.

Outsider said that gas prices would not go up in the short term but the long term is a different story, and you 'liked' it.

The Trump Administration spent the past four years defending themselves against false charges and where time constraints allowed, rolling back the regulations that stifle the orderly and what used to be a free process of US commerce of which the energy field was a big part. The same slobbering morons who persecuted DJT, are the ones who insist man is killing the planet by living on it, and are determined to end the use of fossil fuels. Energy czar John Kerry mindlessly insists we have 9 years at best to turn global warming around, and wants to end the use of fossil fuels "cold turkey." Immediately. The administration is acting with urgency, make no mistake. And they will steamroll anyone who gets in their way. But supposing the Keystone Pipeline Project to be safely in their rearview, the left are now going after the Dakota Pipeline.

None of this has the first thing to do with environmental concerns or the possibility of oil spills or pipeline failures etc. It has solely to do with the foghat revelations dreamed up by the global warming alarmists, through whose idiotic notions falsely assume they can figure out how to run not only global society, but the weather and the rest of the workings of planet earth. Men have become fools. The planet did just fine until these self appointed caretakers got here last I checked. But I digress.

Under the Trump energy policies, fracking and drilling for oil and other reasonable means of providing for US energy concerns, absent our own due diligence for which the ramifications BTW are 100% existential in scope, gave the US energy self sufficiency for the first time in decades. Energy at that point was cheap and plentiful, though it took several years to undo the Democrat overseen snafu. So of course it's going to take a year or so for all the good work to unravel. And of course prices will be relative for the short term, and of course prices will go back through the roof in the long term.

But they are unraveling, and just since the great misfortune of election night 2020, gas prices in my area have risen substantially. From $1.86 a gallon in November of last year to $2.50 a gallon as we speak. That's a 64 cent increase by my math, or 33 percent. You guys are on here mindlessly cheering as the USS Titanic goes down under you.

One more thing and I know you won't answer because you can't and Days of Our Lives comes on shortly. But with what is Kentucky going to replace fossil fuels? Care to explain?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Catturd ™
@catturd2
·
57m
Loony liberals have now ruined Mr. Potato Head.

You can’t make this shit up.
Quote Tweet
The Associated Press
@AP
· 1h
Mr. Potato Head is no longer a mister. Hasbro, the company that makes the potato-shaped plastic toy, is giving the spud a gender neutral new name: Potato Head. The change will appear on boxes this year. http://apne.ws/ZsGuwK0

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Clown world
(02-25-2021, 09:55 AM)jetpilot Wrote:

Ummm

that's April after COVID.  Everybody was at home and oil plummetted.  It's back now.

(02-25-2021, 01:39 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:

Don't mind a bit.

Outsider said that gas prices would not go up in the short term but the long term is a different story, and you 'liked' it.

The Trump Administration spent the past four years defending themselves against false charges and where time constraints allowed, rolling back the regulations that stifle the orderly and what used to be a free process of US commerce of which the energy field was a big part. The same slobbering morons who persecuted DJT, are the ones who insist man is killing the planet by living on it, and are determined to end the use of fossil fuels. Energy czar John Kerry mindlessly insists we have 9 years at best to turn global warming around, and wants to end the use of fossil fuels "cold turkey." Immediately. The administration is acting with urgency, make no mistake. And they will steamroll anyone who gets in their way. But supposing the Keystone Pipeline Project to be safely in their rearview, the left are now going after the Dakota Pipeline.

None of this has the first thing to do with environmental concerns or the possibility of oil spills or pipeline failures etc. It has solely to do with the foghat revelations dreamed up by the global warming alarmists, through whose idiotic notions falsely assume they can figure out how to run not only global society, but the weather and the rest of the workings of planet earth. Men have become fools. The planet did just fine until these self appointed caretakers got here last I checked. But I digress.

Under the Trump energy policies, fracking and drilling for oil and other reasonable means of providing for US energy concerns, absent our own due diligence for which the ramifications BTW are 100% existential in scope, gave the US energy self sufficiency for the first time in decades. Energy at that point was cheap and plentiful, though it took several years to undo the Democrat overseen snafu. So of course it's going to take a year or so for all the good work to unravel. And of course prices will be relative for the short term, and of course prices will go back through the roof in the long term.

But they are unraveling, and just since the great misfortune of election night 2020, gas prices in my area have risen substantially. From $1.86 a gallon in November of last year to $2.50 a gallon as we speak. That's a 64 cent increase by my math, or 33 percent. You guys are on here mindlessly cheering as the USS Titanic goes down under you.

One more thing and I know you won't answer because you can't and Days of Our Lives comes on shortly. But with what is Kentucky going to replace fossil fuels? Care to explain?
TRT, This week last year gas prices ($2.71) were higher.  Trump had been in office 3 years and a few months, so the evil of Obama and Kerry had been exorcised.   Why wasn't gas cheaper?  

COVID crashed the market.  It's coming back.  Now if gas is $4 in July I will concede your point that Keystone has driven the prices of gas up.  As of today, you are wrong as usual.
(02-25-2021, 05:09 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:

Ummm

that's April after COVID.  Everybody was at home and oil plummetted.  It's back now.

Don't mind a bit.

TRT, This week last year gas prices ($2.71) were higher.  Trump had been in office 3 years and a few months, so the evil of Obama and Kerry had been exorcised.   Why wasn't gas cheaper?  

COVID crashed the market.  It's coming back.  Now if gas is $4 in July I will concede your point that Keystone has driven the prices of gas up.  As of today, you are wrong as usual.

LOL, oh happy day. My point was not limited to the Keystone Project only.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(02-25-2021, 06:27 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 05:09 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:

Ummm

Don't mind a bit.

LOL, oh happy day. My point was not limited to the Keystone Project only.

You never did explain why gas was higher a year ago after 3 glorious years of fossil fuel farting Trump. 

You may be right, TRt. History will repeat itself. 
Our Republican morons will tell us “fight for fossil fuel”for the next thirty years while everyone else across the nation switches to renewable resources, and Kentucky will be behind the 8 ball again like always.
More insane stuff our liberals on here can be proud of:

Rand Paul Blasts Transgender Biden Nominee For Endorsing Sex Changes For Young Children

https://thefederalist.com/2021/02/25/ran...-children/
(02-25-2021, 08:02 PM)jetpilot Wrote: More insane stuff our liberals on here can be proud of:

Rand Paul Blasts Transgender Biden Nominee For Endorsing Sex Changes For Young Children

These are people living their lives.  I can’t decide that. 

Republicans have no problem allowing kids to starve, lack education, or be stuck in a never-ending circle of systematic racism or socioeconomic oppression, but heaven forbid they have an identity crisis and their parents attempt to meet their needs. 

what sets your hair on fire is laughable!! Big Grin
https://www.fastcompany.com/90597911/why...-right-now

Interesting take on the fuel prices.

Optimism over the vaccine rollout and a belief that the worst will soon be behind us is causing traders to drive up the price of crude oil futures. Futures are a bet that a certain commodity—crude oil, in this case, the main ingredient in gasoline—will be worth more in the months ahead. Those traders wouldn’t be driving up crude oil futures if they thought the global economy and the state of the world was going to be getting worse, not better. And as it gets better, there will be more demand for crude oil as the machinery of the global economy starts cranking again.
  • Cardfan1
(02-25-2021, 08:49 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 08:02 PM)jetpilot Wrote: More insane stuff our liberals on here can be proud of:

Republicans have no problem allowing kids to starve, lack education, or be stuck in a never-ending circle of systematic racism or socioeconomic oppression, but heaven forbid they have an identity crisis and their parents attempt to meet their needs. 

People deciding on a sex change for a 5 year old? Are you insane?
(02-25-2021, 09:07 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 08:49 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:

People deciding on a sex change for a 5 year old? Are you insane?
The case Rand referred to was someone who was 14 in Britain: 1 person.  Her parents may have been wrong. Every story has more to it than the gotchas Rand loves throwing around. 

why didn’t Rand ask anything about the pandemic that has inflicted millions and killed over 500k people?
^I wasn't talking about Rand Paul or one 14 year old. You are a hack, don't know anything and don't want to know. You can have your abortion, sex-changes for kids and all the other crazy liberal stuff. Own it and be proud. Pathetic.
(02-25-2021, 09:25 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^I wasn't talking about Rand Paul or one 14 year old. You are a hack, don't know anything and don't want to know. You can have your abortion, sex-changes for kids and all the other crazy liberal stuff. Own it and be proud. Pathetic.

so you can have you pandemic that inflicts millions, kills 500k, and destroys the economy.  

I think you accepted the role of political hack by ignoring the obvious problem because it ain’t cool on your side.

Actually, in the other thread I said I am for repealing RvW.

But Republicans won’t do it.