Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Innocent or Guilty
(02-12-2021, 03:42 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(02-12-2021, 03:28 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Anybody have an issue with Graham and Cruz meeting with defense lawyers?

Doesn’t hardly seem right for a juror to meet with the defense.
Does it seem right to you that the judge presiding over the trial has already voted to convict Trump once, has voted in favor of the constitutionality of the second trial, and will vote as a juror as well? If you are okay with all of that, then maybe you should hold back on your condemnation of Cruz and Graham.
I haven’t seen “the judge” do anything yet.  

There is an inevitability that these jurors will vote.
(02-12-2021, 04:18 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(02-12-2021, 03:28 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Anybody have an issue with Graham and Cruz meeting with defense lawyers?

Does it seem right to you that the judge presiding over the trial has already voted to convict Trump once, has voted in favor of the constitutionality of the second trial, and will vote as a juror as well? If you are okay with all of that, then maybe you should hold back on your condemnation of Cruz and Graham.

You only see what you want to see. Even or perhaps especially if what you saw didn't even happen.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cardfan Wrote

"Nah, you fools are saying nothing happened.  "I ain't spending my afternoon looking through court filings."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hilarious. La-La Land is a mystical experience, is it not?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(02-12-2021, 04:18 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:

So, your answer is no, you have no issue with a partisan Democrat Senator presiding over the trial, despite his having an very anti-Trump record. Do you have any issue with many, if not most Democrats advocating a conviction before the trial began? Did you have an issue with the House impeaching President Trump before any investigation was conducted? Don't bother answering these rhetorical questions. The truth is you have no concern for impartiality or for whether President Trump will get a fair trial. You only object to the appearance of bias when that bias is in favor of a president who was impeached without due process and is being tried in an unconstitutional proceeding by a Senate who has no jurisdiction to try an impeachment against a private citizen.

Do you know why the Watergate panel investigating Richard Nixon fired Hillary Clinton? She argued that Nixon should not be allowed representation by an attorney. Some Democrats have a long history of conducting partisan witch hunts. Unfortunately, while Hillary was in a small minority during the Watergate scandal, people of her ilk now represent the majority of Democrats in Congress.
When Leahy makes a decision that wasn’t decided by Schumer and McConnell then you have an argument, but until then it’s a strawman.

He’s running a clock and following the procedures decided by leadership.
(02-12-2021, 06:13 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: When Leahy makes a decision that wasn’t decided by Schumer and McConnell then you have an argument, but until then it’s a strawman.

For a real impeachment trial, the U.S. Constitution requires the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court to preside over the trial. The fact that this sham trial is presided over by one of the biggest partisan hacks in the Senate is no strawman. Chief Justice Roberts wisely chose not to join the circus trial. As I said, you have no issue with a biased process as long as it is biased against Donald Trump. You have made that very clear. Objecting to Cruz and Graham meeting with the defense attorneys is incredibly petty of you.
^^ He's just worried Ted Cruz will make an argument that will help the defense. Which is in and of itself, bias. I have said the left are driven by contempt, but it would be hard to draw the distinction between the two sentiments.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(02-12-2021, 06:24 PM)You Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(02-12-2021, 06:13 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: When Leahy makes a decision that wasn’t decided by Schumer and McConnell then you have an argument, but until then it’s a strawman.

For a real impeachment trial, the U.S. Constitution requires the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court to preside over the trial. The fact that this sham trial is presided over by one of the biggest partisan hacks in the Senate is no strawman. Chief Justice Roberts wisely chose not to join the circus trial. As I said, you have no issue with a biased process as long as it is biased against Donald Trump. You have made that very clear. Objecting to Cruz and Graham meeting with the defense attorneys is incredibly petty of you.

Absolutely it is.  

You know the Senator presiding over this conviction trial isn’t doing anything, yet you try to make it equal to “impartial jurors” participating in the defense of Trump. 

you don’t care it’s biased.  Your false example is poor as the false examples as Trump’s lawyers presented today. 
I have never seen so much manipulated video while moaning the other side manipulated video. 

It’s fine.  Trump is the death of the Republican Party. Stay hitched to him and this nation will get bluer and bluer.
(02-12-2021, 08:57 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(02-12-2021, 06:24 PM)You Hoot Gibson Wrote:

Absolutely it is.  

You know the Senator presiding over this conviction trial isn’t doing anything, yet you try to make it equal to “impartial jurors” participating in the defense of Trump. 

you don’t care it’s biased.  Your false example is poor as the false examples as Trump’s lawyers presented today. 
I have never seen so much manipulated video while moaning the other side manipulated video. 

It’s fine.  Trump is the death of the Republican Party. Stay hitched to him and this nation will get bluer and bluer.

Very true. The hard right fascist(I mean, faction, oops) of the new GOP is turning states blue faster than my cat licks its a$$. If the GOP keeps on its present path of self-destructive craziness, Texas will be blue in 2024 and you, I , Hoot , Jet , and TRT will never see another Republican president in our lifetime. Not that I will be disappointed in the absence of GOP chief executives, but I just don't understand why they are oblivious to the fact that this Trump fellow and his People's Temple -like followers are destroying their party. If you truly care about the Republican Party, why would you not embrace the sane ones like Haley, Sasse, Cheney, , Romney, Murkowski, Kasich, and even Mitch over these loony Trump sycophants who are dragging the GOP to permanent Hellsville?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Cardfan1
(02-12-2021, 05:03 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: Cardfan Wrote

"Nah, you fools are saying nothing happened.  "I ain't spending my afternoon looking through court filings."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you believe they aren’t real.  You examine them.  

You people exist in an alternate plane that is never correct. If I knew you were serious I would spend my time debunking you but I’m not sure you aren’t trolling because your viewpoints are real stupid.
(02-13-2021, 12:59 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote:

You people exist in an alternate plane that is never correct. If I knew you were serious I would spend my time debunking you but I’m not sure you aren’t trolling because your viewpoints are real stupid.
You cannot name one single Trump supporter who has been charged with a violent crime during an illegal impeachment trial of Donald Trump for inciting mayhem and you blame TRT?  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin How pathetic is that?
Well looks like we going to have witnesses 55 for 45 against
The one for hearing witnesses is No More Lindsey Graham now he could tell you where Trump's state of mind is because he has his head so far up Trump's A$$ he can read his mind

(02-13-2021, 12:55 PM)vector#1 Wrote: Well looks like we going to have witnesses 55 for 45 against
The one for hearing witnesses is No More Lindsey Graham now he could tell you where Trump's state of mind is because he has his head so far up Trump's A$$ he can read his mind
[-] The following 1 user Likes vector#1's post:
  • Cardfan1
(02-13-2021, 12:55 PM)vector#1 Wrote: Well looks like we going to have witnesses 55 for 45 against

Graham is now under investigation by the Fulton Co. DA. He may be starting to realize Trump will leave him in his wake like a mob boss.

Well Cardfan, there is however this one thing---   If my viewpoints are right, and let's face it,  I can always substantiate said viewpoints lucidly,  > I share those viewpoints with some very heavyweight scholars,  > I have millennia of corroborating evidence on my side, and  > the revelations of God's own Word not to mention your own conscience. But if I am right, in the very near future you are in for days of horror, followed by an eternity of unspeakable horror.

You initially condemned Trump as unworthy to sit the chair because you said he is morally unfit. To which I cited certain notable presidents who committed adultry while in office, at least one of those IN the Oval Office, and of course you ignored that completely. But like the House Managers, the left's position changes daily. Trump is a flawed human being, we all are. But he was elected by the people to serve as President. The left's immediate response on the morning of November 9, 2016, was to mount a resistance which has persisted until this day, very nearly a month after he has left office. So first it was "he incited a riot,"  but now that that looks weak, it's on to dereliction of duty. Charge after false charge after false charge, they've all been lies.

If Trump is guilty of dereliction of duty then so are all those Dems who have openly called for violence in the streets. Violence which somebody financed, and somebody organized, and somebody provided transportation for, and somebody told law enforcement to stand down for. So who really was responsible for the Jan 6  sad state of readiness by Capital security?

"The United States Capitol Police (USCP) is overseen by the Capitol Police Board and has Congressional oversight by appropriations and authorizing committees from the U.S. House of Representatives and U.S. Senate. This oversight affords the Department the support and opportunity to continually ensure that the USCP meets the safety and security needs of the Congress, the staff, and the many visitors who come to the United States Capitol each day."
https://www.uscp.gov/the-department/oversight

The President wasn't mentioned there, but he none-the-less offered a substantial national guard presence ahead of the rally. You've blamed Trump for every imaginable will-o'-the-wisp and a world wide pandemic, while you IMHO, cozy up to your own demise.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(02-13-2021, 02:48 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:

Well Cardfan, there is however this one thing---   If my viewpoints are right, and let's face it,  I can always substantiate said viewpoints lucidly,  > I share those viewpoints with some very heavyweight scholars,  > I have millennia of corroborating evidence on my side, and  > the revelations of God's own Word not to mention your own conscience. But if I am right, in the very near future you are in for days of horror, followed by an eternity of unspeakable horror.

You initially condemned Trump as unworthy to sit the chair because you said he is morally unfit. To which I cited certain notable presidents who committed adultry while in office, at least one of those IN the Oval Office, and of course you ignored that completely. But like the House Managers, the left's position changes daily. Trump is a flawed human being, we all are. But he was elected by the people to serve as President. The left's immediate response on the morning of November 9, 2016, was to mount a resistance which has persisted until this day, very nearly a month after he has left office. So first it was "he incited a riot,"  but now that that looks weak, it's on to dereliction of duty. Charge after false charge after false charge, they've all been lies.

If Trump is guilty of dereliction of duty then so are all those Dems who have openly called for violence in the streets. Violence which somebody financed, and somebody organized, and somebody provided transportation for, and somebody told law enforcement to stand down for. So who really was responsible for the Jan 6  sad state of readiness by Capital security?

"The United States Capitol Police (USCP) is overseen by the Capitol Police Board and has Congressional oversight by appropriations and authorizing committees from the U.S. House of Representatives and U.S. Senate. This oversight affords the Department the support and opportunity to continually ensure that the USCP meets the safety and security needs of the Congress, the staff, and the many visitors who come to the United States Capitol each day."

The President wasn't mentioned there, but he none-the-less offered a substantial national guard presence ahead of the rally. You've blamed Trump for every imaginable will-o'-the-wisp and a world wide pandemic, while you IMHO, cozy up to your own demise.
If you are comparing what Clinton done to what Trump has done then there is no help for you
Like i have said before would the riots that happened last summer would still happen witout the democrats cheering on 
I say yes they was protesting about there people getting killed by police officer
Now can you tell me with a straight face that what happened on jan 6th would happen without Trump for over 2 months telling his Flock the election was stolen 
Be Honest
Donald Trump offered to call in additional National Guard troops to bolster security on 6 January but Pelosi, DC Mayor, Bowser, and McConnell all declined his offer. So, when Democrats signaled that they would call witnesses during the sham impeachment trial of President Trump, Republicans announced that they would call Nancy Pelosi and Muriel Bowser as witnesses. In response, Democrats changed their mind about calling any witnesses.

Now, we shall see how strong the hatred of Mit Romney, Ben Sasse, and the 50 Democrats is for Donald Trump. Nobody who watched this trial can possibly vote for conviction in good conscience. Nobody.

Quote:UPDATE: House Impeachment Managers FOLD – Back Off On Witnesses After Trump Legal Team Announces Pelosi Will Be Called In — Closing Arguments Begin!

Democrats flipped the script this morning after their case collapsed on Friday against President Trump.
Democrats now want to change the rules and call in witnesses. This comes after Senator McConnell announced he will vote to acquit.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • TheRealThing
(02-13-2021, 03:10 PM)vector#1 Wrote:

If you are comparing what Clinton done to what Trump has done then there is no help for you
Like i have said before would the riots that happened last summer would still happen witout the democrats cheering on 
I say yes they was protesting about there people getting killed by police officer
Now can you tell me with a straight face that what happened on jan 6th would happen without Trump for over 2 months telling his Flock the election was stolen 
Be Honest

Trump didn't have an affair, Clinton did. No comparison to be made.

Meanwhile, if you're too slow to realize I was speaking to Cardfan about his reasoning as to why Trump was unfit for office, maybe you should call a little meeting there with all the ones who actually post on your account, and one of them can explain it to you.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(02-13-2021, 03:35 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Donald Trump offered to call in additional National Guard troops to bolster security on 6 January but Pelosi, DC Mayor, Bowser, and McConnell all declined his offer. So, when Democrats signaled that they would call witnesses during the sham impeachment trial of President Trump, Republicans announced that they would call Nancy Pelosi and Muriel Bowser as witnesses. In response, Democrats changed their mind about calling any witnesses.

Now, we shall see how strong the hatred of Mit Romney, Ben Sasse, and the 50 Democrats is for Donald Trump. Nobody who watched this trial can possibly vote for conviction in good conscience. Nobody.

Quote:UPDATE: House Impeachment Managers FOLD – Back Off On Witnesses After Trump Legal Team Announces Pelosi Will Be Called In — Closing Arguments Begin!

Democrats flipped the script this morning after their case collapsed on Friday against President Trump.
Democrats now want to change the rules and call in witnesses. This comes after Senator McConnell announced he will vote to acquit.

Closing Arguments--
Or as I like to call it, 'A Farewell to Clowns.'
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(02-13-2021, 03:47 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:
(02-13-2021, 03:35 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Donald Trump offered to call in additional National Guard troops to bolster security on 6 January but Pelosi, DC Mayor, Bowser, and McConnell all declined his offer. So, when Democrats signaled that they would call witnesses during the sham impeachment trial of President Trump, Republicans announced that they would call Nancy Pelosi and Muriel Bowser as witnesses. In response, Democrats changed their mind about calling any witnesses.

Closing Arguments--
Or as I like to call it, 'A Farewell to Clowns.'
The House Managers' closing argument should be:

Don't you love farce?
My fault, I fear
I thought that you'd want what I want-
Sorry my dear
But where are the clowns?
Quick, send in the clowns
Don't bother they're here

You’re not right.  TRT, you’re just another person in a long line of apocalyptic charlatans that continues to miss your projection and then move the date out a few years.  When something happens that you don’t agree with the end of times isn’t coming. 

1.  Trump is incompetent and is a wannabe dictator.  My questioning of his moral integrity has always been more aimed you devout Christians and how you could stomach supporting him.  You folks have always clutched your pearls when adultery and politicians mixed. 

2. Trump and chumps planned the rally month in advance and decided the night before at his Washington DC dump they would use the mindless horde to “lightly scare” Congress. BUT when you incite a riot you don’t know what the riot will do. Now we have evidence of a gloating phone call to McCarthy as the Congressman was hiding.  He was pleased with the violence.  Trump relished in the fact that he could use the mindless MAGA mob to attack Congress. 

3.  Dereliction of duty was not the Article. I do wonder why they didn’t charge him with that too.  Then we could get in the details and find what DJT did and didn’t do as far as the security failures.

FWIW any Congressman that riles up a mob to attack property or people should be charged and removed from office. Find that example, TRT.  Prove that people at a rally this summer left the rally and rioted after being motivated by a democrat.  

Still a weak, weak strawman, there is no comparison.  

Riot-hating American Patriots should hate this riot the most.
Riot-hating American Patriots should demand all who are responsible be brought to justice.  
Riot-hating American Patriots would demand that DJT be brought to justice for inciting a riot to stop the counting of electoral votes so he could remain POTUS = a coup.
Democrats are having a tough time making it through their closing argument. They are apparently trying to slip in evidence that was not previously presented, which is against the rules. Democrats are clearly rattled and bewildered. It's like when your last pack of firecrackers gets west, fizzles, and fails to explode on the 4th of July. You only get one chance to make a last impression before the jury votes and Democrats have blown their's.
(02-13-2021, 04:12 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:

You’re not right.  TRT, you’re just another person in a long line of apocalyptic charlatans that continues to miss your projection and then move the date out a few years.  When something happens that you don’t agree with the end of times isn’t coming. 

1.  Trump is incompetent and is a wannabe dictator.  My questioning of his moral integrity has always been more aimed you devout Christians and how you could stomach supporting him.  You folks have always clutched your pearls when adultery and politicians mixed. 

2. Trump and chumps planned the rally month in advance and decided the night before at his Washington DC dump they would use the mindless horde to “lightly scare” Congress. BUT when you incite a riot you don’t know what the riot will do. Now we have evidence of a gloating phone call to McCarthy as the Congressman was hiding.  He was pleased with the violence.  Trump relished in the fact that he could use the mindless MAGA mob to attack Congress. 

3.  Dereliction of duty was not the Article. I do wonder why they didn’t charge him with that too.  Then we could get in the details and find what DJT did and didn’t do as far as the security failures.

FWIW any Congressman that riles up a mob to attack property or people should be charged and removed from office. Find that example, TRT.  Prove that people at a rally this summer left the rally and rioted after being motivated by a democrat.  

Still a weak, weak strawman, there is no comparison.  

Riot-hating American Patriots should hate this riot the most.
Riot-hating American Patriots should demand all who are responsible be brought to justice.  
Riot-hating American Patriots would demand that DJT be brought to justice for inciting a riot to stop the counting of electoral votes so he could remain POTUS = a coup.
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Game, set, and match!

It is great to have a few smart people in Congress. There is no better legal mind and strategist in Congress than Senator Ted Cruz.

[Video: ]
One of the more ignorant conspiracy theories parroted by Cruz. Pelosi in her hatred for Trump allowed a mob to attack the Capitol and threaten her life.

Republican cowards were never going to stand up to Trump. They deserve him stalking their party for the next 4 years.
(02-13-2021, 04:37 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: One of the more ignorant conspiracy theories parroted by Cruz.  Pelosi in her hatred for Trump allowed a mob to attack the Capitol and threaten her life.
One of your most ignorant posts. Democrats said that they would call witnesses. Cruz said that Republicans would call Pelosi and Bowser as witnesses. What do you think Democrats were afraid Pelosi would be forced to admit? Or, in your thoughtful analysis of today's events, do you believe that it was just a coincidence that Democrats changed their minds about calling witnesses?

You rarely make sense in your posts and you are making even less sense this morning than usual.  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
(02-13-2021, 04:41 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(02-13-2021, 04:37 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: One of the more ignorant conspiracy theories parroted by Cruz.  Pelosi in her hatred for Trump allowed a mob to attack the Capitol and threaten her life.
One of your most ignorant posts. Democrats said that they would call witnesses. Cruz said that Republicans would call Pelosi and Bowser as witnesses. What do you think Democrats were afraid Pelosi would be forced to admit? Or, in your thoughtful analysis of today's events, do you believe that it was just a coincidence that Democrats changed their minds about calling witnesses?

You rarely make sense in your posts and you are making even less sense this morning than usual.  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Hooter, it’s 3 in the afternoon. 

There is no evidence that will convince  Trump bootlickers to vote to convict Trump of his attempted coup, so why extend this trial and allow Lyin’ Ted and company to spout conspiracy theories.
(02-13-2021, 05:04 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:

There is no evidence that will convince  Trump bootlickers to vote to convict Trump of his attempted coup, so why extend this trial and allow Lyin’ Ted and company to spout conspiracy theories.
Time flies when you're having fun. I am thoroughly enjoying watching Democrats, both in Congress, and here on BGR melt down in the face of a huge political setback. Cruz forced Democrats to call a hasty retreat.

The crazy conspiracy theory was detailed in the Articles of Impeachment. The Democrats' theory was that Trump offered to send thousands of troops to secure the Capitol and then urged his supporters to stage an insurrection of the Capitol. Never mind that enhancing security of the Capitol and calling on supporters to attack it makes absolutely no sense, that is what crazy Democrats such as yourself and Comrade vector wants us to believe.

You have met the crazy conspiracists and they are you.  Big Grin

Ted Cruz for president 2024!
Looks like the 43 Republican Senators have now set new standards for a President don't be surprised after every election the loser will cry it's stolen or a President with holds money from a foreign country to investigate there political opponent
I guess the only good thing will come out of this is 7 Republican Senators will at least be able to sleep at night
Going to see this every 4 years now
(02-13-2021, 05:13 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(02-13-2021, 05:04 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:

Time flies when you're having fun. I am thoroughly enjoying watching Democrats, both in Congress, and here on BGR melt down in the face of a huge political setback. Cruz forced Democrats to call a hasty retreat.

The crazy conspiracy theory was detailed in the Articles of Impeachment. The Democrats' theory was that Trump offered to send thousands of troops to secure the Capitol and then urged his supporters to stage an insurrection of the Capitol. Never mind that enhancing security of the Capitol and calling on supporters to attack it makes absolutely no sense, that is what crazy Democrats such as yourself and Comrade vector wants us to believe.

You have met the crazy conspiracists and they are you.  Big Grin

Ted Cruz for president 2024!

Why would Trump care if his supporters were beat down by National Guard? He doesn’t care about his mindless horde.  

Your point would hold water if Trump had made the speech the day he allegedly offered the NG, but he ordered the fine MAGA folks to attack knowing the Capitol was virtually undefended. 

You think you won something...oh goodness. 

Joke’s on you, Hooter and the rest right. 

The 400lb Orange Albatross is around the Republican Party neck.  He can’t win, but you can’t beat him. Big Grin 

Ted Cruz will be succinctly embarrassed by Trump if lyin Ted tries to run.  Hell, Cruz may lose his Senate race in 2022.  Texas is getting bluer by the day. 

I would have liked to have seen justice served, but maybe criminal courts will do what Republican cowards won’t.
(02-13-2021, 03:39 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:
(02-13-2021, 03:10 PM)vector#1 Wrote:

Be Honest

Trump didn't have an affair, Clinton did. No comparison to be made.

Meanwhile, if you're too slow to realize I was speaking to Cardfan about his reasoning as to why Trump was unfit for office, maybe you should call a little meeting there with all the ones who actually post on your account, and one of them can explain it to you.
So having an affair in office but not as a private citizen is just to much for you to take 
Now my honest opinion if they are a D beside the name it's awful now on the other hand if there is a R beside the name just look the other way it shouldn't matter if it happens while in office or out of office or if it's a democrat or republican
(02-13-2021, 06:01 PM)vector#1 Wrote: Looks like the 43 Republican Senators have now set new standards for a President don't be surprised after every election the loser will cry it's stolen or a President with holds money from a foreign country to investigate there political opponent
I guess the only good thing will come out of this is 7 Republican Senators will at least be able to sleep at night
Going to see this every 4 years now
The bottom line is Democrats lost their bid to disenfranchise voters who may choose to vote for Donald Trump in 2024. It means that they will have to rig another election to keep the White House in 2024.

The fact that 57 U.S. Senators do not understand the U.S. Constitution or their oath of office should alarm every patriotic American. Obviously, you and Comrade Cardfan are not alarmed at all.