Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry @ Pikeville 9/18
Should be one heck of a game Good luck to both teams!!
(09-14-2020, 10:50 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(09-14-2020, 09:35 PM)EKUAlum05 Wrote:
(09-14-2020, 06:24 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(09-14-2020, 06:09 PM)EKUAlum05 Wrote:
(09-14-2020, 05:26 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Haha I'm sure he is rooting for Pikeville!

Seriously, the best way for the public to get a ticket is to go to PHS Thursday morning. I'm sure Belfry fans will be trying that as well. They should have some plan to keep Big Red out like having to recite the words to the PHS fight song or something...

That's also going to keep all the Pikeville family members from Prestonsburg, Shelbiana, Dorton, Betsy Layne, Moutchard, and Lick Creek out as well. They won't have but a handful of people in the bleachers.

You should try a drive-thru service to get tickets where they make sure it is a KY license plate instead.. that would only tick off 3 or 4 Pikeville player families instead but keep most of Belfry out of there.

Wink
Nice try but I wouldn't want to disqualify WV plates, that would keep all the Belfry players' parents out of the stands. I know, make all people who buy tickets state what the state bird of KY is, and what is the capital city of KY. Then you have a whole stadium of nothing but Pikeville fans.
Brah.. these imports to the Panther program have parents who didn't get that elite Pikeville education and are all in County School Districts they grew up.... you about to eliminate at least 75% of your base again. I am trying to help you.

Going to be a lot of disgruntled Floyd Countians if you have your way.

Best just keep it simple. Maybe with a drive thru line you can only hand out tickets to people driving European made cars or with 30A stickers.

Haha I had to look up what a 30A sticker is. I do see a lot of Salt Life, flip-flops, and HHI's everywhere I go in E KY...don't care for them much.
Funny thing is I just got back from Hilton Head this weekend and they literally gave one of those stickers for free with any purchase at a store we bought something from. I am anti-bumper sticker so it will not be found on my vehicle, FWIW.
[-] The following 1 user Likes EKUAlum05's post:
  • jetpilot
(09-14-2020, 10:50 AM)Spud6 Wrote:
(09-13-2020, 10:14 PM)mrfootball03 Wrote: I just want to know is anyone gonna be streaming this game?
There is a livestream on mountain top sports but it’s a subscription based live stream and I’m not sure of the price tag of the subscription.
i found the page but it dont show its subscription based, just shows watch live,if i have to pay i will.
Was looking at the comments on the KSR site about them coming to Belfry-Pikeville game, and man.... the hate/ignorance of the mountains and our football is real.
(09-15-2020, 11:34 AM)PHSForever Wrote: Was looking at the comments on the KSR site about them coming to Belfry-Pikeville game, and man.... the hate/ignorance of the mountains and our football is real.
The best was when KSR first announced it on twitter.

At least the idiots on KSR have an argument with Male vs. Trinity.

Some buffoon on Twitter immediately played the "Western Half of the State obviously doesn't exist" card. Then I looked and there are literally zero games of statewide relevance featuring WKY teams playing each other. I was thinking maybe there would at least be Hopkinsville vs. Mayfield or something similar... nope.

Little known fact, since 2015 Belfry and Pikeville have as many State Finals appearances as Male & Trinity (11). Granted, Male & Trinity have won 9 titles to Belfry & Pikeville's 7 titles, but doesn't change the fact these are two premier programs who also happen to be ranked #1 in each of their classes. It takes very limited football knowledge to know this is a worthy game of the week, but the people who comment certainly don't even have that knowledge.
[-] The following 2 users Like EKUAlum05's post:
  • Deuce8, PHSForever
Also saw on Twitter someone whining that Cov Cath/Beechwood was better. HOWEVER, Pikeville/Belfry is the only game 2 of last year's state champs are playing each other, even if people downstate don't want to hear how good (bitter haha) the rivalry is. So eat it whiners. And I personally don't care who the KSR game is. Glad Freddie Maggard is coming, other than him KSR is a bunch of goofballs.
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • BoondockSaint, PHSForever
This always my favorite thread of the year.
WestsideThis always my favorite thread of the year.
Now that jet knows what a 30A Sticker is you best believe he has already noticed and counted 100+ of them and saying "dang... ole EKU nailed that one".

It's like the first time someone points out that the FedEx logo makes an arrow between the "E" and "x" and after you see it, you can't unsee it

[Image: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1095/6...1511198611]
(09-15-2020, 03:23 PM)EKUAlum05 Wrote: WestsideThis always my favorite thread of the year.
Now that jet knows what a 30A Sticker is you best believe he has already noticed and counted 100+ of them and saying "dang... ole EKU nailed that one".

It's like the first time someone points out that the FedEx logo makes an arrow between the "E" and "x" and after you see it, you can't unsee it

[Image: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1095/6...1511198611]
Jeff Vanderbeck taught me this on a 7th Grade Field Trip. Can never unnotice it.
(09-14-2020, 11:52 PM)cuppett777 Wrote:
(09-13-2020, 10:14 PM)mrfootball03 Wrote: I just want to know is anyone gonna be streaming this game?
There is a livestream on mountain top sports but it’s a subscription based live stream and I’m not sure of the price tag of the subscription.
i found the page but it dont show its subscription based, just shows watch live,if i have to pay i will.
My wife said $15 

I ask where she got that number from. Says she doesn’t know so I just keep it moving and ask no further questions. 

take that for what it’s worth lol
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • cuppett777
$15 per game, or save $$$ buying the total package.

https://twitter.com/PikevilleSports/stat...9467894784
  • Gus McCrae, Spud6
(09-15-2020, 08:51 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(09-14-2020, 11:52 PM)cuppett777 Wrote:
My wife said $15 

I ask where she got that number from. Says she doesn’t know so I just keep it moving and ask no further questions. 

take that for what it’s worth lol

$15 is alot cheaper than me driving 10.5 hr each way,lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes cuppett777's post:
  • Spud6
Pirates 28-14
Both of these teams will repeat and bring 2 more state titles home to Pike County if we make it thru a full season.

Here is to a injury free game and I will be watching the livestream Friday night and rooting on the Panthers from Pond Creek.
Well. I'm registering and paying the fee. Want to see this game and it will help toward PHS athletics. If Carson Wright is healthy and plays offense, it will make a difference. Blake Birchfield did a fine job running the ball last Saturday along with Nate Collins, but this week will be a stiffer challenge This should be a high scoring game and the Panthers win in a close one. Jmo.
[-] The following 1 user Likes PHS DYNASTY's post:
  • jetpilot
I'm with you Dynasty. We both live too far away. It will be a tough test, but our Panthers can pull this one out too.  
PIKEVILLE-38
Belfry-      34
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gus McCrae's post:
  • jetpilot
I wish I could have went to this one.
Been a long day and just getting home...

Pikeville will improve more over the course of the year than Belfry...and Belfry wrote the book on getting better all year...
I actually wish this game was later...
Pikeville offense is more like the Paintsville and Raceland games last year, timing not close to being down yet, not to mention losing  3 D1 receivers and a #4 ESPN highlight reel RB...also hard to gauge how good Raceland is in that dominant Pikeville win...
Great Pikeville Soph class drilled Belfry Middle like 38-6 in regional finals 2 years ago and now has some more excellent pieces like the Sayers twins and several others...
This game is very hard to handicap due to much different deal in 2020...Also hard to know how good Belfry OL and especially DL are...
Wright will be a more dominant back than Dixon when all is said and done...If this was at end of the year I would go with Pikeville 28-20, but Friday I will go with Belfry 28-21...
Hope I am wrong...
  • Gus McCrae, PHS DYNASTY
(09-16-2020, 11:20 PM)pjdoug Wrote: I wish I could have went to this one.
I say this every year Dougie, come on up here and the beer and food is on me.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Gus McCrae
(09-16-2020, 11:49 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Been a long day and just getting home...

Pikeville will improve more over the course of the year than Belfry...and Belfry wrote the book on getting better all year...
Pikeville offense is more like the Paintsville and Raceland games last year, timing not close to being down yet, not to mention losing  3 D1 receivers and a #4 ESPN highlight reel RB...also hard to gauge how good Raceland is in that dominant Pikeville win...
Great Pikeville Soph class drilled Belfry Middle like 38-6 in regional finals 2 years ago and now has some more excellent pieces like the Sayers twins and several others...
This game is very hard to handicap due to much different deal in 2020...Also hard to know how good Belfry OL and especially DL are...
Wright will be a more dominant back than Dixon when all is said and done...If this was at end of the year I would go with Pikeville 28-20, but Friday I will go with Belfry 28-21...
Hope I am wrong...

If Wright Will Be Better Than Dixon-The Kid Is A Stud

Hope I am wrong...
Hate for you to be wrong too my friend, but you know i hope you are.  Smile

(09-17-2020, 12:45 AM)cuppett777 Wrote:

Hope I am wrong...

If Wright Will Be Better Than Dixon-The Kid Is A Stud
Not saying wright is better because we know Dixon is a stud, but we also know that wright is a beast on both sides of the ball. gonna be a great game to see.
[-] The following 1 user Likes PHS DYNASTY's post:
  • jetpilot
all signed up and paid,ready to watch this battle Friday-GO PIRATES
Hefty praise to put on Wright, saying he’ll be better than Dixon when all is said and done. I bet the Pikeville coaching staff is cursing you right now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BoondockSaint's post:
  • cuppett777
If Wright will be better than Dixon then he will take his place as the greatest back in PHS history.  Dixon IMO is already top 5 in Belfry history and that is with many fewer carries than most of his great predecessors.  Having never missed watching a carry or other play by Dixon, he has become my favorite Belfry player.  Wright potentially is a great one no doubt, but Dixon is already a super star.  Against Pulaski County Dixon averaged 13.8 a carry which is barely above his career average of 13.3 per carry.  If he had not missed some games due to injury, Dixon would most like have finished holding about every major rushing record at Belfry but, missing a few games has put that out of reach.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bucslover68's post:
  • cuppett777
(09-17-2020, 02:30 AM)bucslover68 Wrote: If Wright will be better than Dixon then he will take his place as the greatest back in PHS history.  Dixon IMO is already top 5 in Belfry history and that is with many fewer carries than most of his great predecessors.  Having never missed watching a carry or other play by Dixon, he has become my favorite Belfry player.  Wright potentially is a great one no doubt, but Dixon is already a super star.  Against Pulaski County Dixon averaged 13.8 a carry which is barely above his career average of 13.3 per carry.  If he had not missed some games due to injury, Dixon would most like have finished holding about every major rushing record at Belfry but, missing a few games has put that out of reach.
Geez even when I pick Belfry to win some people manage to get their feelings hurt lol. The premise that Pikeville's greatest back ever might only be in Belfry's top 5 is off base for one thing. Didn't mean to imply anything about where anyone will rank in the history of any school, but Wright is going to be a wrecking ball in Class A at the very least. And I will point out again that he and his class demolished Belfry in the regional finals 2 years ago, would have been a running clock with 12-minute HS quarters. So all the POTENTIAL is there for him and several others. Nothing against Dixon at all, this very young Pikeville will team have their hands full with him and this Belfry team.
(09-17-2020, 01:29 AM)BoondockSaint Wrote: Hefty praise to put on Wright, saying he’ll be better than Dixon when all is said and done.  I bet the Pikeville coaching staff is cursing you right now.
I said more dominant, not better. Two completely different players in two completely different systems. And obviously Dixon has reached his potential and Wright hasn't even started a game at RB in high school yet. I guess I probably could have said it better. Pikeville's young defense isn't going to stop Dixon, I just hope he doesn't have a career game against them. Pikeville really needs a couple of long drives to shorten the game IMO...
  • BigReddog, BoondockSaint
I've managed to ruffle some feathers even picking Belfry lol, so I'm done. Should be a good middle school game tonight. Pikeville just crushed 4A Perry Central and Belfry just crushed 4A Harlan Co. No idea how good either team is but should be entertaining.
(09-17-2020, 07:58 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(09-17-2020, 01:29 AM)BoondockSaint Wrote: Hefty praise to put on Wright, saying he’ll be better than Dixon when all is said and done.  I bet the Pikeville coaching staff is cursing you right now.
I said more dominant, not better. Two completely different players in two completely different systems. And obviously Dixon has reached his potential and Wright hasn't even started a game at RB in high school yet. I guess I probably could have said it better. Pikeville's young defense isn't going to stop Dixon, I just hope he doesn't have a career game against them. Pikeville really needs a couple of long drives to shorten the game IMO...
I knew what you meant...

Playing RB against Phelps, Hazard, and Raceland is easier to dominate than playing against Pulaski County, North Hardin, and Johnson Central.

You didn't detract from Dixon at all.
I think both teams are evenly matched. I thought Belfry would be too physical for Pikeville last year, and I was wrong. I like Pikeville's quarterback and he has the ability to be one of the best in the state, before he graduates. With that being said, I think this game will come down to a turnover late in the game. Either way this will be one of the most exciting games in the state. Good luck to both teams.
(09-17-2020, 08:37 AM)EKUAlum05 Wrote:
(09-17-2020, 07:58 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
I knew what you meant...

Playing RB against Phelps, Hazard, and Raceland is easier to dominate than playing against Pulaski County, North Hardin, and Johnson Central.

You didn't detract from Dixon at all.
Didn't detract from Dixon. Wright will have success against good competition. 38-6 blowout against Befry in 8th grade and 22-21 at Belfry as freshman...
Averaged over 11 yards a carry as a freshman. Beast on defense as well. So yeah he's right up there with anyone on Belfry's roster, and just getting started.