Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry @ Pikeville 9/18
2 of the Big 3 mountain programs square off again.  Also, we just learned that this is the KSR Game of the Week! Should be a dandy! Who you got and why?i
Wright for Pikeville and Mounts for Belfry. Two big names that may shift this game depending on who plays.

Going to be a battle up front.

Pikeville is better in Special Teams. McNamee will kill Belfry if they give him scramble lanes like they did with Polston from Pulaski. Pikeville is a better team on defense than Pulaski as well.

Toss-up... give me Belfry because Isaac Dixon is that dude.
(09-13-2020, 01:39 AM)EKUAlum05 Wrote: Wright for Pikeville and Mounts for Belfry. Two big names that may shift this game depending on who plays.

Pikeville is better in Special Teams. McNamee will kill Belfry if they give him scramble lanes like they did with Polston from Pulaski. Pikeville is a better team on defense than Pulaski as well.

Wright didn’t play on the offensive side tonight. Birchfield earned something carries going forward tonight. Kid runs through holes full speed and never looks back. 

And I thought he was going to be a receiver this season. Future looks bright with him and Carson in the backfield whenever he’s back.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(09-13-2020, 01:45 AM)Spud6 Wrote:
(09-13-2020, 01:39 AM)EKUAlum05 Wrote: Wright for Pikeville and Mounts for Belfry. Two big names that may shift this game depending on who plays.

Wright didn’t play on the offensive side tonight. Birchfield earned something carries going forward tonight. Kid runs through holes full speed and never looks back. 

And I thought he was going to be a receiver this season. Future looks bright with him and Carson in the backfield whenever he’s back.
I think we're going to hear from Birchfield a lot as the season progresses. He's a dual threat at the RB position and WO. Love the way he hits the whole full blast. We know what a pure beast Carson Wright is. Hope how soon he's a 100% and ready to go. Alex Rogers looked real well tonight with the run in the 1st half. We'll be hearing his name often this season. Bid raw boned kid that has strength and speed. Can't say enough about the line play tonight. With no scrimmages, camps, etc. taken into consideration, they did a fine job on O and D. Big and strong as well. Raceland is a good team, no doubt about it.
Throw Nate Collins into the name as well in the backfield. can’t forget him, He runs hard and always falls forward for positive yards.

He may be this seasons Jon Collum.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • PHS DYNASTY

Toss-up... give me Belfry because Isaac Dixon 
(09-13-2020, 02:47 AM)Spud6 Wrote: Throw Nate Collins into the name as well in the backfield. can’t forget him, He runs hard and always falls forward for positive yards.

He may be this seasons Nate Collum.
Gotta agree spud6. Nate Collins seems to be the prototype. Tough as nails, and loves to hit. Plays smart too. Didn't look bad at all running last night considering this was his first start out of the backfield.

Good to see the Panthers break the drought at Raceland last night. First win there since 1956? Taking all into consideration, they looked good last night. Got some things to work on, no doubt, but the line looked very solid on both sides. I think we all can agree this is a different team from last season, but with the young talent that's there and  this coaching staff, they have a great chance of going back to state. Jmo.
Well this is a no brainer for me. Lol!!

Belfry 42
Pikeville 28
If Pikeville loses, can they use injuries as an excuse, even a year later?
Just kidding haha, Pikeville fans don't make excuses. Blush
I smell some ?
This should be a good game. Dixon will be the difference though. He’s a real life cheat code!
Belfry 35
Pikeville 21
My heart with Pike, but brain says Belfry
If belfry doesn’t put the ball on the turf they hold on for the win 35-21. Belfry secondary will show up to play after last years sub par play.
I just want to know is anyone gonna be streaming this game?
Belfry 35
Pikeville 28
(09-13-2020, 10:14 PM)mrfootball03 Wrote: I just want to know is anyone gonna be streaming this game?
I believe there will be a live stream.  I am not sure of the exact link, but follow mountain top sports on social media and they should have it.
Two defending state champions from the same county, that will probably repeat & are already heated rivals.
KSR Game of the Week.
Throw in a global health pandemic with limited seating capacity.

This will be a very hard ticket to get.

Can somebody post the ticket distribution guidelines.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
(09-13-2020, 10:14 PM)mrfootball03 Wrote: I just want to know is anyone gonna be streaming this game?
There is a livestream on mountain top sports but it’s a subscription based live stream and I’m not sure of the price tag of the subscription.
#BBFL
(09-14-2020, 10:10 AM)Pulp Fiction Wrote: Two defending state champions from the same county, that will probably repeat & are already heated rivals.
KSR Game of the Week.
Throw in a global health pandemic with limited seating capacity.

This will be a very hard ticket to get.

Can somebody post the ticket distribution guidelines.
Here you go dude

https://twitter.com/PikevilleSports/stat...12/photo/1
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • torQQue
^Do you mean to say that catturd didn't have this information???

:) :) :)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • jetpilot
I'm sure this info will change daily, but this is what I found on social media......
Looks like Belfry was provided 200 tickets today.
Two tickets for each BHS student athlete (players & cheerleaders).
If any tickets remain, they will be provided for general admission sales.

Sounds like my radio will be tuned in to 93.1 Friday night.

To add to the spectacle.... the Friday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio morning show will be live from somewhere in Pikeville.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
(09-14-2020, 03:28 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: ^Do you mean to say that catturd didn't have this information???

Smile Smile Smile
Haha I'm sure he is rooting for Pikeville!

Seriously, the best way for the public to get a ticket is to go to PHS Thursday morning. I'm sure Belfry fans will be trying that as well. They should have some plan to keep Big Red out like having to recite the words to the PHS fight song or something...
(09-14-2020, 03:44 PM)Pulp Fiction Wrote: I'm sure this info will change daily, but this is what I found on social media......
Looks like Belfry was provided 200 tickets today.
Two tickets for each BHS student athlete (players & cheerleaders).
If any tickets remain, they will be provided for general admission sales.

Sounds like my radio will be tuned in to 93.1 Friday night.

To add to the spectacle.... the Friday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio morning show will be live from somewhere in Pikeville.
If you are trying to get tickets via Belfry you are doing it wrong, Pikeville has all the tickets except for 200...
(09-14-2020, 05:26 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(09-14-2020, 03:28 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: ^Do you mean to say that catturd didn't have this information???

Seriously, the best way for the public to get a ticket is to go to PHS Thursday morning. I'm sure Belfry fans will be trying that as well. They should have some plan to keep Big Red out like having to recite the words to the PHS fight song or something...

That's also going to keep all the Pikeville family members from Prestonsburg, Shelbiana, Dorton, Betsy Layne, Moutchard, and Lick Creek out as well. They won't have but a handful of people in the bleachers.

You should try a drive-thru service to get tickets where they make sure it is a KY license plate instead.. that would only tick off 3 or 4 Pikeville player families instead but keep most of Belfry out of there.

;)
[-] The following 1 user Likes EKUAlum05's post:
  • Westside
(09-14-2020, 06:09 PM)EKUAlum05 Wrote:

Smile Smile Smile

That's also going to keep all the Pikeville family members from Prestonsburg, Shelbiana, Dorton, Betsy Layne, Moutchard, and Lick Creek out as well. They won't have but a handful of people in the bleachers.

You should try a drive-thru service to get tickets where they make sure it is a KY license plate instead.. that would only tick off 3 or 4 Pikeville player families instead but keep most of Belfry out of there.

Wink
Nice try but I wouldn't want to disqualify WV plates, that would keep all the Belfry players' parents out of the stands. I know, make all people who buy tickets state what the state bird of KY is, and what is the capital city of KY. Then you have a whole stadium of nothing but Pikeville fans.
  • Westside
Don’t think for a minute this Pikeville game has not been circled on the calendar because of Pikeville beating them at home last year. As always, both teams will give each other their best shots. Main thing is, hope everyone gets out injury free. Of course, I’m pulling for my Panthers like always!

As for the ticket situation, gonna have to go with JetPilot here: state capital and state bird should be easy enough for 200 Belfry fans to get. That will amount to about 10 Belfry families. Lol
(09-14-2020, 06:24 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

Smile Smile Smile

Wink
Nice try but I wouldn't want to disqualify WV plates, that would keep all the Belfry players' parents out of the stands. I know, make all people who buy tickets state what the state bird of KY is, and what is the capital city of KY. Then you have a whole stadium of nothing but Pikeville fans.
Brah.. these imports to the Panther program have parents who didn't get that elite Pikeville education and are all in County School Districts they grew up.... you about to eliminate at least 75% of your base again. I am trying to help you.

Going to be a lot of disgruntled Floyd Countians if you have your way.

Best just keep it simple. Maybe with a drive thru line you can only hand out tickets to people driving European made cars or with 30A stickers.
[-] The following 1 user Likes EKUAlum05's post:
  • Westside
(09-14-2020, 06:24 PM)JI jetpilot Wrote:

Smile Smile Smile

Wink

Let’s make it a Pike County tags requirement and see what happens ?
(09-14-2020, 09:40 PM)BoondockSaint Wrote:
(09-14-2020, 06:24 PM)JI jetpilot Wrote:

;)

Let’s make it a Pike County tags requirement and see what happens ?

Pike Co. tags - Pikeville 35, Belfry 12

WV tags - Belfry 1, Pikeville 0 (forfeit)
  • BoondockSaint
(09-14-2020, 09:35 PM)EKUAlum05 Wrote:
(09-14-2020, 06:24 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

;)
Brah.. these imports to the Panther program have parents who didn't get that elite Pikeville education and are all in County School Districts they grew up.... you about to eliminate at least 75% of your base again. I am trying to help you.

Going to be a lot of disgruntled Floyd Countians if you have your way.

Best just keep it simple. Maybe with a drive thru line you can only hand out tickets to people driving European made cars or with 30A stickers.

Haha I had to look up what a 30A sticker is. I do see a lot of Salt Life, flip-flops, and HHI's everywhere I go in E KY...don't care for them much.