•  Previous
  • 12(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin Head Coaching Search
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:You are woefully wrong my friend. You’re not nearly as in the know as you think. 😂. Believe what you want....no skin off my nose.....but my info is from the horses mouth. I know it’s spot on, whether you want to believe it or not. This candidate has no ties to Corbin in any way whatsoever. I’ll leave it right there.

And when it turns out that this isn’t the case it’ll simply be because your guy turned it down right? Got it...
single shot Wrote:Another personal differences and petty vendetta post, Most everyone in town wants to see this hire including most of the hiring committee...

I didn’t say that, I agree. Just saying who is in charge. Some on here post THE COMMITTEE hasn’t met or they haven’t offered. The committee is not in charge is what I am saying.
I know one thing, the last 3 or 4 weeks has been a rollercoaster ride emotions and waiting.
I wonder if Peyton Manning might be interested. He would be a great Offensive Coordinator. I wonder if Hal Mummy would come back to KY. AIR RAID OFFENSE!!!
single shot Wrote:And when it turns out that this isn’t the case it’ll simply be because your guy turned it down right? Got it...

By middle of this week one way or the other I’ll disclose his name. I stated in an earlier post there are other variables at play. The candidate could turn the job down. But the information I’ve been given is spot on regardless.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:By middle of this week one way or the other I’ll disclose his name. I stated in an earlier post there are other variables at play. The candidate could turn the job down. But the information I’ve been given is spot on regardless.

I still say he takes it.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:I still say he takes it.

I hope he takes it. He’s a football guy....Corbin is a football crazy town. But....there are additional variables at play. It will be a difficult decision either way.
single shot Wrote:And when it turns out that this isn’t the case it’ll simply be because your guy turned it down right? Got it...

Obviously this is personal to you.....and like I’ve said all along ......I’ve got no dog in it.....just solid, direct info. Who are you wanting the job to go too? All I can continue to say at this point is....the job has been offered to Corbin’s #1 candidate. They are patiently waiting for a final yes or no. I’m being told that will come sometime this week.
single shot Wrote:Most everyone in town wants to see this hire including most of the hiring committee...

Most everyone in town & the committee wants to see what hire? If you are referring to hiring Greer you would be greatly misinformed on what “everyone in town” wants.
fansville Wrote:Most everyone in town & the committee wants to see what hire? If you are referring to hiring Greer you would be greatly misinformed on what “everyone in town” wants.

What he doesn’t speak for all in town? He thinks so.
fansville Wrote:Most everyone in town & the committee wants to see what hire? If you are referring to hiring Greer you would be greatly misinformed on what “everyone in town” wants.

I can say that my posts are not about Greer.
It's comical to see these replies. I'm fairly new and to see "I have information on "this" guy" or the conspiracy theories of the "good ole boys" ruling Corbin mafia style.. If you have inside info, why not disclose the info you have? Isn't that the point of the thread? Or screaming out you know but your not at liberty to say because you don't want to out the "whistleblower" lol...pretty sure we have seen that, done that with the media spectacle of the impeachment proceedings. So who is Corbin's #1 candidate? Is that too revealing to ask? I heard Drew Brees is coming to the Cumblerands to speak, but really he is secretly meeting with the Corbin "Secret" committee on the job, stay tuned, should know more April 7th...
:popcorn::beerwez:
^^
Reminds me of SUR!!
Preston and Greer are the 2. That’s what I heard this morning. Be interesting to see how many moves there will be following naming 1 of those 2. For those of you that say no one will leave, you are a fool. Both of those guys will run 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense. Good luck to you.
Preston did not get an interview. The committee held two interviews Saturday. According to my sources Greer is one and the other is a up and coming coach from central Kentucky.
I haven’t said much on this thread due to phone problems. Corbin can’t afford a top notch coach..........Just saying....... So my $1 fundraising funds goes to Coach Greer and Cattleman cousin :Cheerlead
HighViz Wrote:Preston and Greer are the 2. That’s what I heard this morning. Be interesting to see how many moves there will be following naming 1 of those 2. For those of you that say no one will leave, you are a fool. Both of those guys will run 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense. Good luck to you.

Maybe with one of these 2 hires the coddling period for a few is finally over and the idea of fair for one is fair for all cramps some style? Surely no young Hounds would pack bags over same rules for everybody right.
64SUR Wrote:I haven’t said much on this thread due to phone problems. Corbin can’t afford a top notch coach..........Just saying....... So my $1 fundraising funds goes to Coach Greer and Cattleman cousin :Cheerlead

You get on the bandwagon and bring in recruits and they wont even buy you a phone?
Watching A Football Life on the NFL Network and the story is about Jimmy Johnson. They told about the time Johnson saw a special teamer sleeping during a meeting and cut him. The reporter asked what he'd have done if he'd seen Troy Aikman sleeping. Johnson said, "That's easy. I'd have gone over and said,'Troy, wake up'".

From what I understand Corbin has a receiver with a UK offer and a freshman qb who threw for 400 in a playoff game. If i'm either of those kids parents I'm going somewhere else if they hire Greer or Preston. Period.
If all those kids are playing for is themselves and stats then whoever the coach is might not mind if they do move on. If Corbin wants a championship they might need to think team first as I am sure the Corbin lifers know anyway.
The Game hasn’t evolved from the team winning. It’s still a TEAM game. However it’s about the Jimmys and Joes. The Game has Evolved to get the ball into the best players hands as much as possible. Maybe the lifers will get what they want. Circa 2003-2013. The Game, the Kids have evolved and IDK if you know it or not, all kids these days are spoiled, some have always gotten more attention than others. Coaches pick out and see talent where it’s needed on the field the best they can to win. Remember you are dealing with 14-18 year old kids that don’t always do what they are supposed to. Like Jimmy said, we are treated fair, but it’s never equal and will never be equal.
HighViz Wrote:The Game hasn’t evolved from the team winning. It’s still a TEAM game. However it’s about the Jimmys and Joes. The Game has Evolved to get the ball into the best players hands as much as possible. Maybe the lifers will get what they want. Circa 2003-2013. The Game, the Kids have evolved and IDK if you know it or not, all kids these days are spoiled, some have always gotten more attention than others. Coaches pick out and see talent where it’s needed on the field the best they can to win. Remember you are dealing with 14-18 year old kids that don’t always do what they are supposed to. Like Jimmy said, we are treated fair, but it’s never equal and will never be equal.

3 yards and a cloud of dust seemed to have been working for two of the state champs .. including the one you guys are trying to catch up to
Corbins record against bell and Duds power game tells a diff story. Something like 10-0 since the new offense took over. You get the best players the ball, do what you have to do to win.
I agree you do what you have to do to win, I also think you would want to capitalize on what you have as weapons with a offense that compliments the talent at hand.
You don’t have to throw and you don’t have to just run to win. Any system can be successful if the right people are doing it. I don’t see anyone questions Haywood at Belfry and he doesn’t allow his teams to pass more than 50 times or so a season. On the flip side teams with stellar qbs and passing are winning too. The key is a coach that can coach his kids to run his system to perfection, whatever that system is.
HighViz Wrote:Corbins record against bell and Duds power game tells a diff story. Something like 10-0 since the new offense took over. You get the best players the ball, do what you have to do to win.

if dudley and bell is what you continue to hang your hat on no wonder you went 6-5 last year

if you have kids that are bought into your system and you coach those kids up good things can happen .. when you cater to the select few even if those players are unbelievable you’ll continually come up short .. hence two years ago ..
cityboyblues Wrote:preston did not get an interview. The committee held two interviews saturday. According to my sources greer is one and the other is a up and coming coach from central kentucky.

😂😂😂
HighViz Wrote:The Game hasn’t evolved from the team winning. It’s still a TEAM game. However it’s about the Jimmys and Joes. The Game has Evolved to get the ball into the best players hands as much as possible. Maybe the lifers will get what they want. Circa 2003-2013. The Game, the Kids have evolved and IDK if you know it or not, all kids these days are spoiled, some have always gotten more attention than others. Coaches pick out and see talent where it’s needed on the field the best they can to win. Remember you are dealing with 14-18 year old kids that don’t always do what they are supposed to. Like Jimmy said, we are treated fair, but it’s never equal and will never be equal.

I do agree with getting the ball in the best playmakers. Our best play maker quit at beechwood cause he only got one touch. He created more trouble for the favorites and he got ran off. I like Greer as a head guy or a dc, I like his character and the way he treats all players. I love Justin and like many of our conversations during and since his departure has went, I will be cheering for him every week except one. I have been silent due to respect for the Haddix family as well as our administration but some of you are talking out both ends.
Word is that Preston pulled his name out. Anyone?
  •  Previous
  • 12(current)
  • Next