•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin Head Coaching Search
So does any of the Corbin fans have a wish list?
John Madden lol
It's pretty simple. Greer was the mastermind in pushing Haddix out, with every intention on becoming Head Coach. At the end of the day, Haddix is better off at Boyle. The people at Corbin deserve better than this.
Cat Daddy Wrote:It's pretty simple. Greer was the mastermind in pushing Haddix out, with every intention on becoming Head Coach. At the end of the day, Haddix is better off at Boyle. The people at Corbin deserve better than this.

This is true ,but the reason why is what you have trouble accepting. Don't mess with his friends and don't say the things about his defense when he left.
Cattleman Wrote:This is true ,but the reason why is what you have trouble accepting. Don't mess with his friends and don't say the things about his defense when he left.

So, because someone “messed” with his buddies and said some things about his defense it’s ok to manipulate behind the scenes to get someone pushed out? Was this before or after considering the impact to the program and the young men that this would affect?

“Der, don’t mess wit my buddies or talk bad about me or I’ll take yer job!” SMH

I hope you were joking Cattleman!
Greer has proven he’s not a great HC but a better D cord.
Cattleman Wrote:This is true ,but the reason why is what you have trouble accepting. Don't mess with his friends and don't say the things about his defense when he left.

Hmmm, so acceptable reasons to turn a great football program upside down:

1. Talking about someone’s buddies
2. Insulting someone’s ego

...seems legit
It’s hard to say with all the nonsense you hear around town. I was back in town this past Wednesday and heard something totally different than what’s being posted. I was told that Greer said he would step down and come back to coaching the D if Haddix stayed at Corbin. That is totally opposite of Tommy pushing Haddix out. The world will never know.
It’s all water under the bridge, a bunch of gossip doesn’t change anything no one gets the last word on here...I didn’t want to see Haddix leave and tried everything I could to keep it from happening and I wish him nothing but the best of luck...That being said he’s not at Corbin anymore the thread is about the coaching search not about the coach that resigned...
Haddix took another job by his choice. Corbin’s support was out the door after choices he made to lead to 6-5 subpar season. Got out while the gettin was good.
Running Back Wrote:Haddix took another job by his choice. Corbin’s support was out the door after choices he made to lead to 6-5 subpar season. Got out while the gettin was good.

So your saying there’s a bunch of applicants that’s great...
Preston. Word is he was at Corbin High School tonight meeting with higher ups touring the facilities?
Mingo Wrote:Preston. Word is he was at Corbin High School tonight meeting with higher ups touring the facilities?

That is prolly true but I’d say he won’t be the only one coming in and touring the facilities, I’ve heard there’s a been a lot of applicants and there should be several targeted for tours and interviews before a hire is made...
Jack Lambert Wrote:So does any of the Corbin fans have a wish list?

I’ve got a few Jack but I don’t even know if they applied yet, I’m not gonna name one in particular because it would return the thread to teenage girl drama mode...
Depending on who you ask Corbin is a top 5 or top 10 job in the mountains, and likely a top 25 job in the state, plenty of people will apply and if they admins let the right people help in the decision they will get a coach just as good and maybe even better.
I love how all you guys are posting that this may be a job that is actually open to anyone other than Greer at this point. If he says, not now but thanks, then and only then will anyone be looked at. I guess a backup plan is good to have.

Now do I agree with what Greer has done absolutely NOT. So to all of you that thought I agreed are wrong. Haddix was in the wrong also, he fired and tried to fire coaches from their teaching jobs as well. Sure he can pick his staff but be careful how you speak of those that you let go and NO to firing people from their teaching position.

So now if you want to know who the HC will be ask Greer first then look elsewhere.
Cattleman Wrote:I love how all you guys are posting that this may be a job that is actually open to anyone other than Greer at this point. If he says, not now but thanks, then and only then will anyone be looked at. I guess a backup plan is good to have.

Now do I agree with what Greer has done absolutely NOT. So to all of you that thought I agreed are wrong. Haddix was in the wrong also, he fired and tried to fire coaches from their teaching jobs as well. Sure he can pick his staff but be careful how you speak of those that you let go and NO to firing people from their teaching position.

So now if you want to know who the HC will be ask Greer first then look elsewhere.
I also love how you said in the Boyle Co thread, that Brandon had the job and for all others they need not apply. What that tells me is, you know nothing. I know you absolutely know nothing about Boyle and Corbin football. You are just here to stir the pot, that’s ok it’s a message board. But the more you post, it proves my point.

As For Corbin. Good Luck keeping the kids if you hire a defensive or ground and pound coach. Campers, Williamsburg, Knox, and especially Whitley are about to hit the lottery.
2face Wrote:Luv I saw haddux hound shirts at the goodwill this mornin and maybe youall corbyn fans relise haddux was full of himself an could not stand idea greer defense got em tonstate and he haddux lost it running fb up middle 2times in final was his falt

Get em 2face. Everyone is on your side! Tell em how it really is! Ha Ha Ha
HighViz Wrote:I also love how you said in the Boyle Co thread, that Brandon had the job and for all others they need not apply. What that tells me is, you know nothing. I know you absolutely know nothing about Boyle and Corbin football. You are just here to stir the pot, that’s ok it’s a message board. But the more you post, it proves my point.

As For Corbin. Good Luck keeping the kids if you hire a defensive or ground and pound coach. Campers, Williamsburg, Knox, and especially Whitley are about to hit the lottery.

Whos job was it ? Oh right B. Smith until he decided NO. Good luck with Greer and your 3 yards and a cloud of dust Dudley style......LOL
Ive heard Foley from Southwestern from a few different people.
WETSU Wrote:Ive heard Foley from Southwestern from a few different people.

This would be an excellent hire for Corbin. A good young coach given that much talent.

I think if I were the Corbin folks, I’d have to call.
Jack Lambert Wrote:I think you should run for president Doug , I’d vote for ya!!!
President of what?lol
WETSU Wrote:Ive heard Foley from Southwestern from a few different people.

Doesn’t seem likely give that he just finished his first season at Southwestern and that job brough him back him so to speak to the Somerset area.
pjdoug Wrote:President of what?lol

These great United States 🇺🇸 of America!!!
single shot Wrote:I’ve got a few Jack but I don’t even know if they applied yet, I’m not gonna name one in particular because it would return the thread to teenage girl drama mode...

Just give me a wishlist of Coaches you would like to see at Corbin.
pjdoug Wrote:President of what?lol

Liberals of Kentucky...lmao
CowboyDad Wrote:This would be an excellent hire for Corbin. A good young coach given that much talent.

I think if I were the Corbin folks, I’d have to call.

Not enough experience. I'd say Corbin higher ups want some proven big time if possible. Big wins and all that stuff. Somebody that can get them ot the promise land. Needs a few more years of seasoning before the big time.
I think winning the championship might be fun wehter throwin or running.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Just give me a wishlist of Coaches you would like to see at Corbin.

Mark Brown
Jep Irwin
Tom Greer
Eddie James

Just off top of my head and in no particular order and I’m not sure which if any have applied...If we stay with an Offensive coach it needs to be someone who can coach the spread similar to what Haddix ran....If your gonna get a Defensive guy then you have to stick with
Tommy Greer if he’s applied which contrary to popular belief isn’t a for sure thing...From everything I’ve seen from him I’d love to have Mark Brown just not sure he’d come out of retirement....
Former Redhound Mike Jackson was kind of a hot name in coaching several years ago, but has kinda fallen off the radar. I personally lost track of him after he left Pikeville. Is he still in coaching or even a potential consideration?
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next