•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin Head Coaching Search
fansville Wrote:Nope, just new to the site, doesn’t make what I said any less true. Since you are so convinced though, put me out names of these impact players that transferred to Corbin in the last 6 years. Like someone else said, I bet more players left for surrounding schools than transferred in. I’ll wait and maybe in the meantime we can get back to the coaching search topic.

I bet you are new to the site tater sack blower upper.
single shot Wrote:I don’t know that it’ll be Greer Dougie, I think he’s a heck of a Coach but there has to be applications taken for all sorts of reasons besides it being against the law not to...Like I said earlier there should be no shortage of applicants and if Greer applies he’s a front runner imo as far as assistants go if Greer is hired we need a Haddix type OC imo other than that I couldn’t tell you, Mouser will be back at Corbin next year he should have never been walking a Whitley Co sideline anyway...

Haddix called Mouser a wasted stipend......he let him go. If you deny that you don’t know as much about the inner working of the football program as you let on.
JakeHarper Wrote:Haddix called Mouser a wasted stipend......he let him go. If you deny that you don’t know as much about the inner working of the football program as you let on.

I thought the word was that Mouser quit because he didn't get the DC job. Like wise with Mills ?
JakeHarper Wrote:Haddix called Mouser a wasted stipend......he let him go. If you deny that you don’t know as much about the inner working of the football program as you let on.

And if you care about Corbin there’s no reason to post this, I never wanted to see Mouser in those nasty ass colors to begin with....
Mingo Wrote:If Corbin goes outside would Doug Preston at Franklin-Simpson consider coming. I read on the other site that his name is in the hat if they go looking. I think he has some connections with Tom or Wayne. Not sure but that is what i was told by a friend.

There might be something to this. That's all i am at liberty to say. It's very early in the process.
Future Wrote:There might be something to this. That's all i am at liberty to say. It's very early in the process.

I know for sure his name is one that is being discussed among some key folks in Corbin. What I don't know is if they have spoken with him yet or how far along things have gotten. Does anybody have any info?
Papaw Wrote:If everything I’m hearing and reading regarding how these events unfolded are true, it’s hard not to be extremely disappointed in the Corbin administration. Regardless of who you cheer for it’s hard to stomach adults putting their own interests over those of the youth whom they are there to serve. I have seen more recruiting activity over the last 6 years in Corbin than the 15 years prior combined. If Haddix was allowed to walk with no effort retain him their better be an exhaustive search to replace him with the strongest possible candidate. Hoping it’s not just the good ole boys taking care of one another. We will know soon enough.

Apologies if I misread this message.

You are 100% correct, there were more colleges recruiting Corbin kids in the 6 years Haddix was here than probably the last 30 years combined. We’ve never had a coach that would promote players in the way Haddix did.
This should be a requirement of any high school head coach.

Sounds like you only have 1 side of the story, not the true side.
AverageJoe Wrote:I thought the word was that Mouser quit because he didn't get the DC job. Like wise with Mills ?

Sounds as though you have the true side of the story, there is actual proof. People only believe what they want to believe. I hope mouser is back in a role that he is suited for.
It’s all he said he said going forward Mouser will have the chance to come back to Corbin (where he belongs) and Haddix moves on to wherever he wants to be, he’s not Corbin any more and it’s not worth arguing about I wish him the best of luck except for one thing, the Rebels stand between us and where we want to be...You can get on the wagon or get off but we’re moving on get on the train or get off Haddix didn’t start this and he’s not gonna stop it....
Mingo Wrote:I know for sure his name is one that is being discussed among some key folks in Corbin. What I don't know is if they have spoken with him yet or how far along things have gotten. Does anybody have any info?

I don’t know if they have spoken to Doug Preston or not at this point. What we do know is that he has never been hesitant to explore an option based on location. In fact, about the only area in the state he hasn’t coached is in southeastern KY.

The timing could be interesting as his son Collin has now graduated from Franklin Simpson after they went to 3 straight class 4A state title games together. (Runner-up in 2016 and State Champs in 2017 and 2018) Preston might be feeling that itch for another challenge and Corbin has the talent on their current roster and in the upcoming classes that could provide an opportunity at another run on back to back titles in class 4A.

It will be interesting to see what happens here for sure.
cherokee Wrote:64 black and gold
64sur
are you guys kinfolk

Pigskinfolk.....
Mingo Wrote:I know for sure his name is one that is being discussed among some key folks in Corbin. What I don't know is if they have spoken with him yet or how far along things have gotten. Does anybody have any info?

His name was discussed among key folks at Boyle also. If Haddix had stayed at Corbin I believe Coach Preston might have been up for serious consideration.
single shot Wrote:And if you care about Corbin there’s no reason to post this, I never wanted to see Mouser in those nasty ass colors to begin with....

Confusedtare:
single shot Wrote:It’s all he said he said going forward Mouser will have the chance to come back to Corbin (where he belongs) and Haddix moves on to wherever he wants to be, he’s not Corbin any more and it’s not worth arguing about I wish him the best of luck except for one thing, the Rebels stand between us and where we want to be...You can get on the wagon or get off but we’re moving on get on the train or get off Haddix didn’t start this and he’s not gonna stop it....
Mouser is Corbin football. I was surprised he was surprised he ever left from there.
campbellfield Wrote:Sounds as though you have the true side of the story, there is actual proof. People only believe what they want to believe. I hope mouser is back in a role that he is suited for.

I am sorry that we will have to agree to disagree. I guess you talked to Haddix, I spoke directly to Mouser. So we will agree to disagree. I trust what I was told.
pjdoug Wrote:Confusedtare:

Confusednicker: Sorry Dougie I shouldn’t have said that just kinda lost my cool for a minute...
pjdoug Wrote:Mouser is Corbin football. I was surprised he was surprised he ever left from there.
I don't know what happened there. I wasn't surprised that he was surprised. I was just surprised.lol
single shot Wrote:Confusednicker: Sorry Dougie I shouldn’t have said that just kinda lost my cool for a minute...
Cooler heads will prevail.lol
Papaw Wrote:I don’t know if they have spoken to Doug Preston or not at this point. What we do know is that he has never been hesitant to explore an option based on location. In fact, about the only area in the state he hasn’t coached is in southeastern KY.

The timing could be interesting as his son Collin has now graduated from Franklin Simpson after they went to 3 straight class 4A state title games together. (Runner-up in 2016 and State Champs in 2017 and 2018) Preston might be feeling that itch for another challenge and Corbin has the talent on their current roster and in the upcoming classes that could provide an opportunity at another run on back to back titles in class 4A.

It will be interesting to see what happens here for sure.

Would Preston call offense or defense? Watching his teams against Johnson the one thing that jumped out was how hard they played. Anybody know?
Mingo Wrote:Would Preston call offense or defense? Watching his teams against Johnson the one thing that jumped out was how hard they played. Anybody know?

I believe Preston calls the defense. But, I'm sure he could do either.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:I believe Preston calls the defense. But, I'm sure he could do either.

One thing that stood out to me is that his teams only pass the ball approx 6 times a game over the last 4 seasons and many games they will have 0 pass attempts. That would be a huge change of direction for what the program has been doing for 6 years
fansville Wrote:One thing that stood out to me is that his teams only pass the ball approx 6 times a game over the last 4 seasons and many games they will have 0 pass attempts. That would be a huge change of direction for what the program has been doing for 6 years

It's not about the attempts- its about efficiency.

People have this grand illusion of true balance, and Mayfield is about the only one that achieves it.

Belfry, Johnson Central, Franklin Simpson are just three examples of teams winning titles without airing it out or even attempting to throw it.

Louisville Central is another. They only went 5/8 in the state title game in '18- no TD's and one INT. They've long won their titles by being able to run the ball, play crazy good defense and being able to make it count when they do throw it.

Scheme is overrated in so many ways (and, other ways it isn't).

Justin Haddix and the coach he is across the board, especially from a personality standpoint where kids love playing for him- where he was able to rip them when needed it, but also being able to put his arm around them and cut up/love. That's what Corbin has to make sure they hire. That's what they had. To go along with the fact that he knows football and then some.

Coaching is a people business. It's a relationship business. Granted, you better have some talent and resources. I'm all about positivity and culture, but that only takes you so far. You can be as positive and create a culture all you want, but you better have some cats.

Forget the scheme. Find somebody who has a polarizing type personality that kids gravitate to who just so happens to know football.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:It's not about the attempts- its about efficiency.

People have this grand illusion of true balance, and Mayfield is about the only one that achieves it.

Belfry, Johnson Central, Franklin Simpson are just three examples of teams winning titles without airing it out or even attempting to throw it.

Louisville Central is another. They only went 5/8 in the state title game in '18- no TD's and one INT. They've long won their titles by being able to run the ball, play crazy good defense and being able to make it count when they do throw it.

Scheme is overrated in so many ways (and, other ways it isn't).

Justin Haddix and the coach he is across the board, especially from a personality standpoint where kids love playing for him- where he was able to rip them when needed it, but also being able to put his arm around them and cut up/love. That's what Corbin has to make sure they hire. That's what they had. To go along with the fact that he knows football and then some.

Coaching is a people business. It's a relationship business. Granted, you better have some talent and resources. I'm all about positivity and culture, but that only takes you so far. You can be as positive and create a culture all you want, but you better have some cats.

Forget the scheme. Find somebody who has a polarizing type personality that kids gravitate to who just so happens to know football.
I have a magnetic personality. I should be a coach.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:It's not about the attempts- its about efficiency.

That’s all well and good if players are brought up in that culture. My point was that it will make for a tough transition because there is nothing worse than being a potential college level QB or WR in an offense that attempts 0-6 passes per game. Great QB/WR don’t typically play on teams like that if they have a choice. That’s all I was saying, not trying to debate the success or failure of run vs pass offenses.
So I was told a little bit ago that it was a done deal and that Greer is now the head coach. Is it true or just gossip?
Gossip, the job was posted Monday, I’m pretty sure it’s not even closed yet, meaning they’re still taking applications and unlike others I don’t see a need to rush things...
From the talk around town it appears that it will be Greer’s.
There is A LOT of people that would love to see Herron from Williamsburg here though. He would be an excellent fit with our current roster.
campbellfield Wrote:From the talk around town it appears that it will be Greer’s.
There is A LOT of people that would love to see Herron from Williamsburg here though. He would be an excellent fit with our current roster.

I have no problem with Tommy Greer as long as there is the right OC put in place to run the offense...Tons of respect for Coach Herron but he ain’t leaving Williamsburg...I absolutely want to see the administration go through the hiring process, there no reason to hire a coach a week after the other one resigned...
pjdoug Wrote:I have a magnetic personality. I should be a coach.

I think you should run for president Doug , I’d vote for ya!!!
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next