Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry Pirates
79.63%
Bell Co. Bobcats
20.37%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs. Bell Co. (Class 3A Championship)
Bell gave up 400 yards in offense to Taylor Co. That alone makes me tend to favor Belfry by a TD or less. Do not see a blowout developing. The way that Belfry adapted against the DeSales d-line makes me think more innovation is likely in progress this week to stop Stepheny.
fridaynightfights Wrote:Can’t wait to watch all the way crow is eaten come Friday night. Ready for it now!

Just remember.....a lot of these predictions....not all...but a lot....are not from the Belfry faithful. While I've seen a couple Belfry folks predicting a big night....most are not. Most Belfry fans feel this matchup will be a tight game.
I've had the pleasure of watching both of these teams this year and both are very good. From what I've seen, I think Belfry's defense will be the difference in this game, but Bell has the horses to win it, especially with Stephney on their side. He will be the best player on the field, and I mean no disrespect to anyone from Belfry. He is just a special talent. Good luck to both teams and I hope all players come out of this game injury free!
Rip/Spin Wrote:I've had the pleasure of watching both of these teams this year and both are very good. From what I've seen, I think Belfry's defense will be the difference in this game, but Bell has the horses to win it, especially with Stephney on their side. He will be the best player on the field, and I mean no disrespect to anyone from Belfry. He is just a special talent. Good luck to both teams and I hope all players come out of this game injury free!

I think you are dead on.

London is one of the most exciting QB's I have seen in EKY in a while. Every play has the potential to make you say "WOW".

With that said, if Belfry tackles like they have the past two weeks and can keep contain and not bust any coverages... it will be hard for Belfry not to get enough stops to win the game.
I’m just confused on how Belfry’s defense is suppose to be GREAT but only ranked 15th in 3A on rush D. Bell Co has rushed right at 4,000 yards on the season.
Rip/Spin Wrote:I've had the pleasure of watching both of these teams this year and both are very good. From what I've seen, I think Belfry's defense will be the difference in this game, but Bell has the horses to win it, especially with Stephney on their side. He will be the best player on the field, and I mean no disrespect to anyone from Belfry. He is just a special talent. Good luck to both teams and I hope all players come out of this game injury free!

Well I agree with everything you said But Dixon is finally completely healthy and Coach Haywood doesn’t make a star out of anyone kid but make no mistake he’s as good a athlete as Stephney but I think it’s going to be a good game
BellCo18 Wrote:I’m just confused on how Belfry’s defense is suppose to be GREAT but only ranked 15th in 3A on rush D. Bell Co has rushed right at 4,000 yards on the season.

It's a fair question...

Equally as fair as asking why Bell's Offense is so great when 3-8 Knox Central had 7 teams score more points against them than Bell?

Stats can be mis-leading. Especially when you have a large lead and opposing varsity offenses are getting two or three drives running the ball against Freshman and JV defenses.

Belfry also had a 448 number put on them by JC that skews those numbers a good bit as well. You remove that result from the calculations and Belfry jumps up to the #6 rush defense and the #1 scoring Defense.

The truth usually lies somewhere in between.
I'm so excited for this game, I'm literally pissing my pants right now as I am typing. My god this is big boy high school football! Pissing my pants never felt so good!
Looking back on Bells reg season opponents win and loss records. I believe there was only 3-4 teams with an above .500 record. So competition could be one reason they have rushed for over 4,000 yards.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Well I agree with everything you said But Dixon is finally completely healthy and Coach Haywood doesn’t make a star out of anyone kid but make no mistake he’s as good a athlete as Stephney but I think it’s going to be a good game

Dixon is a special player, I'm sure not arguing that. I do believe he was healthy in the first game of the season when he ripped SW for 168 yards on 10 carries, which is the game I saw and said wow more than once. He's got great speed and vison, but Stephney is just faster, his cuts are nasty, has a good arm, and chases fast guys down on D. At least he chased Tre Goodin down last Friday, which surprised me. Goodin looks similar in speed to Dixon. These are two great teams and it's going to be a great game. Good luck gentleman!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:It's a fair question...

Equally as fair as asking why Bell's Offense is so great when 3-8 Knox Central had 7 teams score more points against them than Bell?

Stats can be mis-leading. Especially when you have a large lead and opposing varsity offenses are getting two or three drives running the ball against Freshman and JV defenses.

Belfry also had a 448 number put on them by JC that skews those numbers a good bit as well. You remove that result from the calculations and Belfry jumps up to the #6 rush defense and the #1 scoring Defense.

The truth usually lies somewhere in between.

It was 22-0 at halftime against Knox Central. Final was 22-8. Dudley took it easy on Fred Hoskins who use to be a assistant at Bell Co. anyone at that game could tell you we could had scored 50-60 points that game.

I say 9/14 of our games this season were running clocks. Ours can be misleading as well. With our starters sitting a lot after halftime. But I do get your point in on both teams.
BellCo18 Wrote:It was 22-0 at halftime against Knox Central. Final was 22-8. Dudley took it easy on Fred Hoskins who use to be a assistant at Bell Co. anyone at that game could tell you we could had scored 50-60 points that game.

I say 9/14 of our games this season were running clocks. Ours can be misleading as well. With our starters sitting a lot after halftime. But I do get your point in on both teams.

Precisely my point indeed Wink

For me the film don't lie.. and what I see coming is a very hard hitting game with two great coaches that will have their teams fundamentally prepared.

We can talk SOS, we can talk stats, we can talk who beat who.... at the end of the day every single game comes down to matchups and preparation.

I think both teams should be able to create issues for the other and both teams should be able to make some plays.

I won't say it won't be lopsided one way or the other.. all it takes is some turnovers and lucky bounces and games may snowball... but if I had to guess I am going to be surprised if this thing is anything but a game within two scores in the 4th Quarter.
skully03 Wrote:Looking back on Bells reg season opponents win and loss records. I believe there was only 3-4 teams with an above .500 record. So competition could be one reason they have rushed for over 4,000 yards.

Your Absolutely right bells fist five opponents I could have rushed for 200 yards a game on them and I’m 49 yrs old lol
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Precisely my point indeed Wink

For me the film don't lie.. and what I see coming is a very hard hitting game with two great coaches that will have their teams fundamentally prepared.

We can talk SOS, we can talk stats, we can talk who beat who.... at the end of the day every single game comes down to matchups and preparation.

I think both teams should be able to create issues for the other and both teams should be able to make some plays.

I won't say it won't be lopsided one way or the other.. all it takes is some turnovers and lucky bounces and games may snowball... but if I had to guess I am going to be surprised if this thing is anything but a game within two scores in the 4th Quarter.

I agree with that
64SUR Wrote:I have been a long time belfry fan as in the early 80’s TongueirateSho

Belfry 49
Bell County 14

3 day later and my predictions is still the same TongueirateSho
64SUR Wrote:3 day later and my predictions is still the same TongueirateSho

Ahhhhh crap.....

64SUR is the kiss of death if Belfry is the bandwagon he is hitchin' up to for the Finals!

:biggrin:
BellCo18 Wrote:It was 22-0 at halftime against Knox Central. Final was 22-8. Dudley took it easy on Fred Hoskins who use to be a assistant at Bell Co. anyone at that game could tell you we could had scored 50-60 points that game.

I respect your opinion. But 22-0 At the half is wayyy to close to let off the pedal. You don’t call the big dogs off in a 3 possession game. But it’s a pointless argument because as stated, one regular game doesn’t define a team.
Runrunrun Wrote:Belfry wins this going away I’ve watched Bells last 2 games and the qb is phenomenal but they have yet to play anyone like Belfry. Fleming was average at best and got 300 yards on them and Taylor co had a great back but couldn’t tackle me if I was running the ball and I’m old and fat! You’ve had a great season but it ends with a runner up trophy and a thanks for commin

$h*t run run runs from your mouth. That's pure @$$ talk right there. I'd like to see you run at their defense Confusednicker:
BellCo18 Wrote:I’m just confused on how Belfry’s defense is suppose to be GREAT but only ranked 15th in 3A on rush D. Bell Co has rushed right at 4,000 yards on the season.

You can't just look at KHSAA total season stats and expect to see anything of value unless you deep dive and verify. For example, South Laurel reported that they allowed 131 yards rushing on the year but if you go back and piece it together they allowed 2124 yards on the year, Magoffin reported 570 and it was really 2500+

Offensively

Bell Co has rushed for almost 4000 on the year, nearly 1000 of those came against a combined 5-25 set of McCreary, Jackson and South Laurel. Belfry gained nearly 1000 of their yards against 6-15 Magoffin and Floyd Central (2x). So the weak end of the schedules is pretty much a wash.

Bell's 3934 rushing yards came against a slate of teams who averaged 2075 yards allowed on the year. With only 5 of their opponents allowing fewer than 2000 yards rushing on the year. Belfry rushed for 4295 against defenses that averaged 1770 yards allowed on the year with 8 teams they played allowing fewer than 2000 yards.

Bell has played and beaten the #10 Run Defense in 3A (Rockcastle), Harlan County and Whitley are the other two decent run D's Bell has faced based on numbers. Belfry has played and beaten the #1 overall in 3A and statewide in DeSales, #8 in 3A (Ashland). They have also played 3 other top-15 run Ds from other classes.

Belfry is ranked #1 rushing offense still playing, and most likely top 5 overall statewide when the dust settles on the season regardless of how the state title games shake out.

Defensively
Belfry's defense has allowed only 13.5 points a game against opponents that averaged 31 points a game. Bell allowed 11.5 points a game against a schedule of teams that allowed 25 points a game. That means both these defenses have taken care of business.

Bell Co's Run D allowed 1730 yards against a schedule that averaged 2286 yards rushing on the year. Belfry has allowed 1746 yards against a schedule that averaged 2740 yards on the ground. Belfry has allowed 16 more yards rushing than Bell Co has against offenses that have been better collectively than what Bell Co has faced. So why do we say Belfry's D is good? Because they have allowed nearly identical numbers as Bell and have done so against much stiffer competition.

None of this will matter come Friday though, it will be who has the best gameplan and who executes it.
Rooting for Bell in this one.

Bell 28
Belfry 21
I agree with mostly everyone with bells QB being a very good athlete, but based on what film I watched on Taylor co they will have a hard time stopping the FB if belfry executes like they have the past 2 games

Belfry-28
Bell-14
What is the policy for being heaters and bags in at Kroger field
jax Wrote:Y'all keep picking Belfry in a blowout. I'm loving it.

Well, tbh...no one on here will actually dictate how this game goes as it just fan opinions.
The game will be played on the field.
Red fans says their team will win, Blue fans think their team will win...only one side will be right.
Let’s just all hope for a great game and each player and fan makes the trip down and back Home safely Friday night.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Belfry fan 75 Wrote:What is the policy for being heaters and bags in at Kroger field

All bags have to be clear. And I highly doubt that heaters will be allowed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Just remember.....a lot of these predictions....not all...but a lot....are not from the Belfry faithful. While I've seen a couple Belfry folks predicting a big night....most are not. Most Belfry fans feel this matchup will be a tight game.

You’re right! I have not nor will I be giving a public prediction. I am fully certain however that Haywood and the Pirates respect what Bell has accomplished this season.

No one on the true “Belfry Side” is expecting a lopsided win. This game will be close IMO and may come down to the final 5 minutes.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BelfryPride Wrote:All bags have to be clear. And I highly doubt that heaters will be allowed.
No. The clear bag policy will not be observed for this event. But there are other restrictions and all bags are subject to search.
This link has a lot of answers...

https://khsaa.org/football/2019/finals/s...ctions.pdf
BelfryPride Wrote:Well, tbh...no one on here will actually dictate how this game goes as it just fan opinions.
The game will be played on the field.
Red fans says their team will win, Blue fans think their team will win...only one side will be right.
Let’s just all hope for a great game and each player and fan makes the trip down and back Home safely Friday night.

Agree. I got nothing but respect for Belfry. Who knows how it'll end up. I just like being the underdog!
Two of the most respected programs & coaches in the state!! If this game lives up to it’s potential, & the Pikeville-Paintsville game ends up being what it should be, then we may have the two best games of the whole weekend played on Friday!! Each with a Pike County team might I add!!
I am sure you cannot bring heaters, but you can bring bags which may be searched and they have to fit in the search bins. The link that Watusi has tells you all you need to know.
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next