Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry vs. Bell Co. (Class 3A Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Game kicks off at 7PM Friday, Dec. 6 at Kroger Field in Lexington.

Should be a good game between two legendary coaches and Mountain football programs.
Belfry 35-21. Goooooo Pirates!!
Belfry by 7
Offenses probably close. Belfry has a better Defense and that will make the difference.
Not touching this one until I’ve fully enjoyed the DeSales game
Biggest EKY vs. EKY game in history?
I would say Paintsville and Pikeville are more eky vs eky
Pikeville and paintsville then Hilton vs Haywood all in one day for 2 state championships! It doesn't get any better than that!
Spud6 Wrote:I would say Paintsville and Pikeville are more eky vs eky

How do you figure? Further east than Bell is Virginia.
AtlPirateFan Wrote:Not touching this one until I’ve fully enjoyed the DeSales game

I’m right there with ya! I’m enjoying this one til Monday!
Belfry 28 Bell 20
This doesn’t happen without RPI and the way is should have been for years. Bell vs Belfry in the title game. I can’t wait. Maybe the biggest game in the history of this matchup
AtlPirateFan Wrote:Not touching this one until I’ve fully enjoyed the DeSales game

I don’t blame ya. Those types of games don’t happen all the time. Get all you can out of it. We’ll still be here in a couple of days. Go pirates
Spud6 Wrote:I would say Paintsville and Pikeville are more eky vs eky

How is Bell County not eastern Kentucky - makes no sense
Taylor Co backs were no joke! Speed speed speed. Tonight’s game prepared Bell co for Belfry.

Bell Co 36
Belfry 27
BellCo18 Wrote:Taylor Co backs were no joke! Speed speed speed. Tonight’s game prepared Bell co for Belfry.

Bell Co 36
Belfry 27
Bell county will not score 36 points on belfry defense.
Demarcus ware Wrote:Bell county will not score 36 points on belfry defense.

Guess we will find out!
This will be an awesome matchup. I believe Bell has a better offense and Belfry probably has a better defense. But there is no common opponents to compare. So it will need to be decided on the field next Friday!
Taylor Co had 2 of the Top 7 rushers in 3A this season. Taylor Co #8 and Belfry #15 in rush D. Bell just put up 46 on them. Just sayin.
ArJay Wrote:This will be an awesome matchup. I believe Bell has a better offense and Belfry probably has a better defense. But there is no common opponents to compare. So it will need to be decided on the field next Friday!

There is a reason for that... it's called strength of schedule. LOL

One team played two teams still playing for a Title and another that darn well could have.. the other... well.. did not. HAHA

Just kidding, but seriously Stength of Schedule don't mean a hill of beans once you get this deep into November. Especially with a crafty veteran like Dudley!

Should be a great one!
Demarcus ware Wrote:Bell county will not score 36 points on belfry defense.

Nope!
Well Hotel is Booked And Haven't Been To See Belfry ,Since We Lost 3 in Row At Western, Stayed Home For The 4 Wins,Time To Break The Streak While I Am There..Coming In Thursday And STAYING For All Of Saturdays Games As Well...Usally Go To Bowl Game,But This Is My Bowl Game This Year...I So What To See Them Beat Bell In Person.
At their age, this coaching matchup feels like a loser leaves town contest.
Belfry is too comfortable in the state championship.
Belfry- 28
Bell-21
Hound05 Wrote:Nope!

Im sure Dudley will stop at exit 29 on his way home so Corbin fans can see what state title trophies look like these days.
I love me some Bell County but I dint know that anyone has ever had an easier 14 games going into the state title game.
If I'm a Bell fan I LOVE this new class system and RPI set up.

If Dudley gets another title, watch out. This board will.be hilarious over the winter.
What's not to like here? 2 traditional powers going head to head for a State Championship. Pond Creek vs Log Mountain. Haywood vs Hilton. 2 legendary coaches. Bell Co brings in a stellar offense that can score in waves, both on the ground and through the air against a stellar Belfry D. Both teams are relatively healthy, considering 14 weeks of games. I think this game will be decided by who takes better care of the ball and controls field position. Kicking game could also play a factor. How's these 2 teams kicking game?
KYHSFBFan Wrote:What's not to like here? 2 traditional powers going head to head for a State Championship. Pond Creek vs Log Mountain. Haywood vs Hilton. 2 legendary coaches. Bell Co brings in a stellar offense that can score in waves, both on the ground and through the air against a stellar Belfry D. Both teams are relatively healthy, considering 14 weeks of games. I think this game will be decided by who takes better care of the ball and controls field position. Kicking game could also play a factor. How's these 2 teams kicking game?

Belfry is painfully "meh" but Cook can drill some punts. He had a couple key monster punts tonight.

Belfry's return game is lethal potentially though.
I Take It Bell Will Be The Home Team?The Tickets Are 1st Come 1st Serve Far As Sitting?Havent Been To Korger Field But 3 Times And That Was To See The Cats.And I Guess Since I am In Arkansas I Need To Call Kroger Field On Monday To Get Tickets?
No matter what! Let Bell Co and Belfry enjoy their wins tonight. No matter what. We fans live to watch a game like this next Friday night! Bell Co vs Belfry State Championship! Heck yeah!!!! This def shouldn’t had been a State Semi game.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13