Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Somerset
43.75%
Mayfield
56.25%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class 2A State Championship: Somerset vs Mayfield
Man, am I drunk? Here I am being bashed as arrogant for picking blowouts throughout the playoffs until now. And now, I am predicting a closer game and trying to be the mediator. How did the rolls shift. We need a Somerset poster or two that will mix it up like my old buddy 64 did for Williamsburg and Corbin in years past. Guys, this is a place to talk football but, to also have fun. Don’t be afraid to fire back.
mysonis55 Wrote:Man, am I drunk? Here I am being bashed as arrogant for picking blowouts throughout the playoffs until now. And now, I am predicting a closer game and trying to be the mediator. How did the rolls shift. We need a Somerset poster or two that will mix it up like my old buddy 64 did for Williamsburg and Corbin in years past. Guys, this is a place to talk football but, to also have fun. Don’t be afraid to fire back.

I agree with you, its all for fun. I read this stuff everyday and get a kick out of it. It don't matter if you brag, hate, love, disagree with or don't know, somebody will hate a post and blows a head gasket. I could name them but I wont. But there is a few that troll and wont say anything about there own team. But when a poster from the team they hate says something, they blow up and quote nonsense constantly. I still like it though. Beats watching the lying news lol.
Amen brother. Might as well have fun. There isn’t a dang thing anyone of us posting on here can do to affect the game in the slightest. Just enjoy this week and mixing it up. Come on Walt, Roshambo and crew. Don’t get mad, just have fun. This is a time that we will never get back.
I have watched Somerset twice this year and there has been one consistent. That Kade Grundy is a hand full. I really like the QB and receiver connection. They look like they are having fun and it looks good from the stands. He caught a pass that looked impossible to catch for a Touchdown against Breathitt County. It should have made espn.
mysonis55 Wrote:Amen brother. Might as well have fun. There isn’t a dang thing anyone of us posting on here can do to affect the game in the slightest. Just enjoy this week and mixing it up. Come on Walt, Roshambo and crew. Don’t get mad, just have fun. This is a time that we will never get back.

This is a time for the kids. I haven't put on a helmet in 32 years and wasn't as good as any of the kids on either team when I did. I've said my peace. I haven't watched any film on Mayfield so I can't really give an accurate impression of them. I know that they have been the favorites in 2A for the entire season and that hasn't changed. They have loads of talent, speed, a great coaching staff and most importantly experience on the big stage. Somerset has a great team and coaching staff as well. I believe that the Jumpers can win this game, but that they will have to play their best game of the season and get some breaks along the way. I just hope that they play their best and if so, I'll be happy with the outcome. Safe travels to everyone.
Too close to call
I hope that they play with great sportsmanship and no injuries.
mysonis55 Wrote:Amen brother. Might as well have fun. There isn’t a dang thing anyone of us posting on here can do to affect the game in the slightest. Just enjoy this week and mixing it up. Come on Walt, Roshambo and crew. Don’t get mad, just have fun. This is a time that we will never get back.

I'm not mad at all, my friend. It's all been friendly for the most part to this point. I just want to enjoy the game next Saturday afternoon and not think about some internet argument or prediction while the game is going on. So like I said, you guys have fun with it, I'll talk to you all post game.
Be careful. Safe travels.
I think most ppl on here like to talk a lil trash an stir the pot to make it fun, myself included. This is the last week for most of us on here , nothing wrong with disagreeing an flexing ur team.. especially when they are this good... this will end up being a good game most likely but i say mayfield becomes to much..
JumperPride1 Wrote:Yeah only player that can play is their qb. Good point. Mayfield has this. Be a shocker if Somerset stayed within 3 TDs honestly.

Totally shocked if they do.. only reason im worried about the qb is cause that is the only player that will make this competitive... we have faced #1 runningback/with several recievers an a running qb that could sling the ball.. not to mention a big physical line in madisonville... then u have mccracken huge physical line good qb an running back along with several good recievers.. laussane had prob the biggest line we played all year an talent all over the field an we shut them completely down... we are plenty tested an only one player im worried about is the qb.. if he is one on his passes could be a long day.. out side of that not worried about much... the formula for beating mayfield is passing...
Now I see why everyone hates Mayfield. If they get on this site it is very easy to do so considering the ignorance of the Cardinal fans on here. I'm diehard Mayfield and would love to see them win #13 but most of these other guys have no respect for the game and I'm guessing it's because they never played. Good luck to Somerset. Pay these guys on here no mind, most of us are not like that.
sluggo Wrote:Now I see why everyone hates Mayfield. If they get on this site it is very easy to do so considering the ignorance of the Cardinal fans on here. I'm diehard Mayfield and would love to see them win #13 but most of these other guys have no respect for the game and I'm guessing it's because they never played. Good luck to Somerset. Pay these guys on here no mind, most of us are not like that.

I agree with a lot of people getting carried away on here but could careless who hates the cards. I know why they hate Mayfield it’s not because of people on here bull?!!!@$’ it’s for the same reason I hate the Patriots it because we have been whipping there asses for years
CARDFAN16 Wrote:I agree with a lot of people getting carried away on here but could careless who hates the cards. I know why they hate Mayfield it’s not because of people on here bull?!!!@$’ it’s for the same reason I hate the Patriots it because we have been whipping there asses for years

Maybe so for some, but it also may be the lack in humility. Just a thought. People are more prone to be civil when they are conversing with someone who reciprocates respect. However, it seems that with most Mayfield fans respect is only earned when you beat them. Sportsmanship and a hard fought game just don't cut it. Once again I'm sure the good ole fashion butt whippins do play a factor, but for those who don't play Mayfield or have and did not win it just seems like self righteousness.
JumperPride1 Wrote:Oh no I would never be sarcastic on any website that kids read and may enter a locker room in any capacity.
I would.
I’m pulling for Somerset in this one.
mysonis55 Wrote:Man, am I drunk? Here I am being bashed as arrogant for picking blowouts throughout the playoffs until now. And now, I am predicting a closer game and trying to be the mediator. How did the rolls shift. We need a Somerset poster or two that will mix it up like my old buddy 64 did for Williamsburg and Corbin in years past. Guys, this is a place to talk football but, to also have fun. Don’t be afraid to fire back.

Roles. Somerset is going to roll you up and smoke you.
cardsfan9051 Wrote:Somerset fans you are about to witness an old fashioned, take your butt behind the woodshed, butt whooping. You had a good season. Not great, but good. But Saturday from first whistle to the last, you are going to witness the greatest show on turf you have ever witnessed. If you blink twice it's going to be over with. And all this ball control and control the line nonsense you been talking about is ridiculous. We love it. You go three and out and we score on our first play. You repeat we score. You see the pattern here. Running clock in 3rd quarter. Silly rabbits...state championships are for cardinals. #13 coming back to mayfield.
spoken like a true bird brain.
BJN0502 Wrote:Maybe so for some, but it also may be the lack in humility. Just a thought. People are more prone to be civil when they are conversing with someone who reciprocates respect. However, it seems that with most Mayfield fans respect is only earned when you beat them. Sportsmanship and a hard fought game just don't cut it. Once again I'm sure the good ole fashion butt whippins do play a factor, but for those who don't play Mayfield or have and did not win it just seems like self righteousness.

I have all the respect in the world for Somerset. But if you are not from Mayfield or never played for Mayfield you could never understand. It is unacceptable to lose no matter who you play it’s no about a hard fought game it is about being the best and when you do lose it’s big thing. People around here still believe participation trophies belong in the landfill. After watching Somerset play Breathitt Beachwood and LCA I see how good they are but I also saw a lot of blown coverages giving jumpers wide open receivers a quarterback that gets to run around for long periods of time in the backfield and running backs running through three or four tacklers trying to arm tackle a bus. Hopefully we won’t allow these things happen. Can’t wait though has been a long ride back past two years hope this ones different.
I can’t believe that OTOTW is only concerned about the qb. I think that RB is a load. WR don’t look too bad either. I just hope we come out and play the best game we have played all year in every facet of the game. If they will make it their goal to score a touchdown every single time they get the ball a concentrate on every single catch, they would be more explosive than we have ever seen. Sure they will make some mistakes but, if you concentrate that much, good things will come.
Bull got out! Wrote:I agree with you, its all for fun. I read this stuff everyday and get a kick out of it. It don't matter if you brag, hate, love, disagree with or don't know, somebody will hate a post and blows a head gasket. I could name them but I wont. But there is a few that troll and wont say anything about there own team. But when a poster from the team they hate says something, they blow up and quote nonsense constantly. I still like it though. Beats watching the lying news lol.

He showed up in this thread (doug)after you posted this acting like a child . Calling people names.
Just because he can't stand 55. No sense being a troll.

I hope its a great game with no injuries. Go Cardinals!
Mayfieldsportsfan Wrote:He showed up in this thread (doug)after you posted this acting like a child . Calling people names.

bird brains don't have the mental capacity to bother me. I thrive on this and love Mayfield's program. I don't like arrogance so I love it when you melt down. No bird can fly so high that it doesn't have to land. Go Brar Hoppers :Cheerlead
ontopofthewest Wrote:Totally shocked if they do.. only reason im worried about the qb is cause that is the only player that will make this competitive... we have faced #1 runningback/with several recievers an a running qb that could sling the ball.. not to mention a big physical line in madisonville... then u have mccracken huge physical line good qb an running back along with several good recievers.. laussane had prob the biggest line we played all year an talent all over the field an we shut them completely down... we are plenty tested an only one player im worried about is the qb.. if he is one on his passes could be a long day.. out side of that not worried about much... the formula for beating mayfield is passing...
big physical line that got manhandled in the last game?
Imo, these 2 teams could play 10 times and you'd probably end up 5-5. I really believe they are that evenly matched. The team that makes the fewest mistakes and has the fewest penalties will likely come away with the win. I'm not confident at all that either teams defense can slow down the others offense. The Bunnies run the ball exceptionally well, but, you have to respect their passing game, too, while Mayfield passes the ball exceptionally well, but, you have to respect there run game. When 2 teams have multiple threats and are complete teams like these 2 are, you can expect a great ball game, but, as far as the outcome, it's difficult to project. Both teams are well coached, athletic, fundamentally sound, experienced and confident. Strap them up and good luck to both teams. Hoping for a well played, hard fought clean competitive game. Both deserve to be here playing for the title.
Mayfieldsportsfan Wrote:He showed up in this thread (doug)after you posted this acting like a child . Calling people names.

I will be there to watch the championship game. I think this year has some of the best teams playing each other for the titles. I don't have a dog in this fight, just a fan of good athletes and good teams. I just call it like I see it. Around here, Mayfield has a ton of respect. Yes, they have earned it. Somerset has a nice team. I saw them twice and they got us at home in a heck of a game. I cant wait, should be a good one.
mysonis55 Wrote:I can’t believe that OTOTW is only concerned about the qb. I think that RB is a load. WR don’t look too bad either. I just hope we come out and play the best game we have played all year in every facet of the game. If they will make it their goal to score a touchdown every single time they get the ball a concentrate on every single catch, they would be more explosive than we have ever seen. Sure they will make some mistakes but, if you concentrate that much, good things will come.
Its not that im just worried about the qb, ok so we have faced one of the top running backs in the state along with several others that were top notch.. stopped them all... we have faced big lines an only one gave us any issues an we still had a good offensive night.. we have faced numerous good wr's... still not many issues... our one an only fault is passing..each time a team had decent protection an a good qb they thrive in scoring points add in the ability to run when recievers are covered an it adds a different dimension that we arnt accustom too...
I think we have made some changes that fixed that though. Beechwood an was supposed to their strength. He didn’t get much. Same with Murray who slings it.
sluggo Wrote:Now I see why everyone hates Mayfield. If they get on this site it is very easy to do so considering the ignorance of the Cardinal fans on here. I'm diehard Mayfield and would love to see them win #13 but most of these other guys have no respect for the game and I'm guessing it's because they never played. Good luck to Somerset. Pay these guys on here no mind, most of us are not like that.

Who are you referring too..? Im a die hard fan too. We arnt having a classy conversation setting around a fireplace drinking a glass of wine, trying not to hurt some ones feelings. To many ***** cats in this world already..!! Guys lets be soft an cut our nuts an not talk bad about the other team an be sure not to disrespect anyone on here.. phahaha..... come on.... seriously grow a pair an make this fun....!! Ill respect a team when they earn it against us.. so far Somerset has never won a title an has never beaten us.. stop the run an spy the qb an force to pass make Somerset go match for match with scoring... Mayfield's play book.. Mayfield will score , Somerset needs to try and outscore Mayfield in a shootout...like another said earlier if Somerset trys to play keep away an run clock down they better do it with perfect precision an never fault.. i think Jaden picks apart bunny secondary..
pjdoug Wrote:big physical line that got manhandled in the last game?

Huh?? Talking about Somerset an Brethitt?
mysonis55 Wrote:I think we have made some changes that fixed that though. Beechwood an was supposed to their strength. He didn’t get much. Same with Murray who slings it.

Ya i agree.. i think we have too but its still that weak spot that is in the back of any cardinal fan's head... why id say stop the run an qb from running an force the pass all day.. i feel comfortable but i watched the same defender of ours got burnt 3 times even against bw but a bad throw no throw or a drop was the outcome.. problem still exist with that one for sure.. the rest of the d seems to be fixed
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next