Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bluegrass Rivals Class 1A Rankings 9-2
bball_fan Wrote:I will publicly apologize for using a belittling term toward you and any member of the committee I offended. However, I do feel strongly that many did not take the time to look at the weekend results and get an accurate assessment of games around the state. Each class is different this year, maybe more so than years past; and the committee needs to take the time to research before simply tossing rankings out. I imagine everyone involved would prefer this ranking be given credibility.

It's water under the bridges as far as I'm concerned. I know our poll isn't perfect but no poll is. IMO it is as good as any poll out there and better than a lot. I am confident in that statement. Keep in mind a poll released last week couldn't even get the recent realignment right and those guys are paid professionals. Our guys are all volunteers. Unlike some other sites, I leave our poll threads open so members can comment and give their version of the rankings. I enjoy the dialogue and enjoy reading everyone's comments and opinions.
pjdoug Wrote:Westside is one of the best. He does a fine job.

Thank you, pjdoug. I am far from one of the best, but I do try my best and I have a whole lot of help from some talented members from this site.
Westside Wrote:It's water under the bridges as far as I'm concerned. I know our poll isn't perfect but no poll is. IMO it is as good as any poll out there and better than a lot. I am confident in that statement. Keep in mind a poll released last week couldn't even get the recent realignment right and those guys are paid professionals. Our guys are all volunteers. Unlike some other sites, I leave our poll threads open so members can comment and give their version of the rankings. I enjoy the dialogue and enjoy reading everyone's comments and opinions.

I am assuming you are referring to Scott County being ranked in two different classes? That was sad for a public media. A poor choice of words on my part once again, as this is the sense of humor my circle of friends has.

As for Newport Central Catholic being third, I believe they are the third best team. They have defeated a 6A team and lost to a 5A school ranked in at least one poll I have seen. In return, Campbellsville has only defeated a down Casey County team. If they handle Taylor County this weekend, or stay competitive; I will reconsider.
bball_fan Wrote:I am assuming you are referring to Scott County being ranked in two different classes? That was sad for a public media. A poor choice of words on my part once again, as this is the sense of humor my circle of friends has.

As for Newport Central Catholic being third, I believe they are the third best team. They have defeated a 6A team and lost to a 5A school ranked in at least one poll I have seen. In return, Campbellsville has only defeated a down Casey County team. If they handle Taylor County this weekend, or stay competitive; I will reconsider.

I understand. It's no big deal. It's hard to understand someone's tone in typed posts. People have misunderstood my posts before too. It happens.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Don’t forget our JR High Team! 😜

Isn’t that #7 on my list!?!
Patriot1 Wrote:He is not a Pikeville fan but more of a hater, actually he (2000PHS) is a Paintsville fan. He is being his sarcastic self.

I don’t describe myself as a Pikeville hater. I think I give them their due respect.

And yes I am being sarcastic considering I left Paintsville off the list. It was more a jab at the Paintsville haters that have picked us to get embarrassed in every game we have played to date. Most Pikeville fans on here feel Pikeville is a couple scores better than anyone in 1A, and they could very well be correct. Friday will go a long way in determining that. I feel Paintsville is top 3 in 1A. However, Pikeville might be head and shoulders above the rest. I have watched them, Pikeville is really good.
I think it’s Pikeville and Paintsville at 1 and two then there is a large gap with the remaining 7 teams.
2000PHS Wrote:I don’t describe myself as a Pikeville hater. I think I give them their due respect.

And yes I am being sarcastic considering I left Paintsville off the list. It was more a jab at the Paintsville haters that have picked us to get embarrassed in every game we have played to date. Most Pikeville fans on here feel Pikeville is a couple scores better than anyone in 1A, and they could very well be correct. Friday will go a long way in determining that. I feel Paintsville is top 3 in 1A. However, Pikeville might be head and shoulders above the rest. I have watched them, Pikeville is really good.

You should know everything you need to know about 1A by the time the first KHSAA R.P.I. ranking comes out week six.
bball_fan Wrote:You should know everything you need to know about 1A by the time the first KHSAA R.P.I. ranking comes out week six.

I understand what you are saying but I’ll know about all I need to know after Friday night.
I'll say this about 1A. And this is not a shot at any other team it's just my opinion but 1A is starting to look more and more like 2A where its Mayfield and everybody else. In 1A that team is Pikeville. Paintsville had an impressive win last week against Beechwood. Now they get the Panthers. If Pikeville does even close to the Tigers what they did to Mingo Central last week it will be hard for anyone to argue with my statement.
#55PirateFan Wrote:I'll say this about 1A. And this is not a shot at any other team it's just my opinion but 1A is starting to look more and more like 2A where its Mayfield and everybody else. In 1A that team is Pikeville. Paintsville had an impressive win last week against Beechwood. Now they get the Panthers. If Pikeville does even close to the Tigers what they did to Mingo Central last week it will be hard for anyone to argue with my statement.

I want to see how Somerset fairs with Beechwood before I rule them out of contention in 2A. If Somerset rolls them by 3 or 4 scores, I think Somerset is a legit contender in 2A. .
#55PirateFan Wrote:I'll say this about 1A. And this is not a shot at any other team it's just my opinion but 1A is starting to look more and more like 2A where its Mayfield and everybody else. In 1A that team is Pikeville. Paintsville had an impressive win last week against Beechwood. Now they get the Panthers. If Pikeville does even close to the Tigers what they did to Mingo Central last week it will be hard for anyone to argue with my statement.

Agreed. It use to be mayfield in 1A and then everyone else other than beechwood all those years. But with Mayfield gone, Pikeville is going to be the big dog for the next three years in my opinion. And that’s without me seeing Raceland, NCC, and Williamsburg play.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
2000PHS Wrote:I want to see how Somerset fairs with Beechwood before I rule them out of contention in 2A. If Somerset rolls them by 3 or 4 scores, I think Somerset is a legit contender in 2A. .

Oh yeah, I absolutely agree my friend. I believe Somerset is a legit contender right now in 2A. And I do think after how the Paintsville/Beechwood game went last week that the Bunnies will beat them by a couple of scores, that's not a knock against your Tigers either. I was really impressed with that Paintsville win. I just think the Cardinals are the kings of 2A right now. But I also thought that last year to, Lol! I hope Mayfield and Somerset meets up. Although if they did I'd put my money on Mayfield, I wouldn't be completely shocked if the Bunnies won the game.
Spud6 Wrote:Agreed. It use to be mayfield in 1A and then everyone else other than beechwood all those years. But with Mayfield gone, Pikeville is going to be the big dog for the next three years in my opinion. And that’s without me seeing Raceland, NCC, and Williamsburg play.

I think so to.
Westside Wrote:Thank you, pjdoug. I am far from one of the best, but I do try my best and I have a whole lot of help from some talented members from this site.

I think you are one cool dude. I'm out of commission sometimes or I'd help. lol
Spud6 Wrote:If you all fill so strongly about the rankings. Please feel free to comment in here and help Westside instead of just calling him and others idiots for what they’ve decided. I’m sure they would be willing to move things around, it’s hard to watch all the games across the state and he does the top 10 rankings for every single class in the state of Kentucky.

Agree. Westside has put together a good panel, and doing a good job. List looks good to me, and thanks.
1. Pikeville
2. Paintsville
3. NCC
4. Williamsburg
5. Campbellsville
6. Raceland
7. KCD
8. Hazard
9. Lynn Camp
10. Crittenden
Raceland will soon play themselves out of the top 10! The Rams are in trouble guys! If they don’t win this week they won’t win 4 games! It’s been a long time since we’ve been these down.Nobody seen this coming!
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Raceland will soon play themselves out of the top 10! The Rams are in trouble guys! If they don’t win this week they won’t win 4 games! It’s been a long time since we’ve been these down.Nobody seen this coming!

I can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic or not but I don’t believe you. I think Raceland is top 5 team in the state.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Spud6 Wrote:I can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic or not but I don’t believe you. I think Raceland is top 5 team in the state.

You will soon see
RAMDAD50 Wrote:You will soon see

I think your being a little to hard on your Rams my friend. And I got it. Last week was ugly but its one game. Russell is not a bad team. Long way to go brother, Rams will be just fine.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:You will soon see

As a Betsy Layne fan and alumni. Buddy you don’t know how good you got it. And I’m not comparing Betsy Layne and Raceland because that’s dumb and no where even close. But what I’m saying is it’s easy to be hard on a team after seeing something you don’t like one week. But you got tradition and there’s no chance Raceland loses all these games you’re predicting.
#BBFL
Guys look...I’m not being hard I’m bing realistic! I do know how good we’ve got it! As a single A school it’s hard to turn in winning seasons like the Rams do! But every so often you have a season that brings you back to earth! This season is it for the Rams.Firday is a crucial game ...almost a must win for the Rams if they wanna be 5-5! We got losses coming from Pikeville,Ashland,Paintsville,Portsmouth West,And I’m on the fence with LC at the end of the season! Have you seen all the other Raceland guys on here?? No...and you won’t cause they know what’s coming hahaha!This season will open the eyes of some younger Rams and they will go back to work.....we will he back next year
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Guys look...I’m not being hard I’m bing realistic! I do know how good we’ve got it! As a single A school it’s hard to turn in winning seasons like the Rams do! But every so often you have a season that brings you back to earth! This season is it for the Rams.Firday is a crucial game ...almost a must win for the Rams if they wanna be 5-5! We got losses coming from Pikeville,Ashland,Paintsville,Portsmouth West,And I’m on the fence with LC at the end of the season! Have you seen all the other Raceland guys on here?? No...and you won’t cause they know what’s coming hahaha!This season will open the eyes of some younger Rams and they will go back to work.....we will he back next year

My friend, why would you even say you have loses coming up to Pikeville, Ashland, Paintsville, etc when the games haven't even been played yet? Yeah, the Rams may be underdogs in those games but they still have yet to be played and anything can happen. But it is what it us I guess. You have your reasons. Just sounds like your giving up on your team way to early.
#55PirateFan Wrote:My friend, why would you even say you have loses coming up to Pikeville, Ashland, Paintsville, etc when the games haven't even been played yet? Yeah, the Rams may be underdogs in those games but they still have yet to be played and anything can happen. But it is what it us I guess. You have your reasons. Just sounds like your giving up on your team way to early.

You could be right...I hope your right hahaha i hope they prove me wrong
Ralph Furley Wrote:I think it’s Pikeville and Paintsville at 1 and two then there is a large gap with the remaining 7 teams.

You've been at the Regal Beagle too long.