Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield @ Walton Verona (2A Semi)
80% chance of RAIN!!! Fri night!
I’m not sure where you are getting your info MC. I checked weather for Walton. I get a cloudy indication. The rain chance is very low until around 10pm when it goes up to around 50%.
That small (very small) set of metal bleachers u see on Google Earth is at a shot put area for track and field events. Would only seat 10 or so people and I don't think its even out there anymore. Strangely, Walton-Verona's visiting teams are assigned the pressbox side of field. Always been that way, when they first opened up the stadium, they did not have lights and played their games on Saturday afternoons. The visiting team would have to look into the sun on that side of the field. Have not heard of weather forecast yet for Friday up here. Supposed to be warmer, high 40s to low 50s though.
mysonis55 Wrote:I’m not sure where you are getting your info MC. I checked weather for Walton. I get a cloudy indication. The rain chance is very low until around 10pm when it goes up to around 50%.

Weather Channel says 20% Friday and 80% Saturday for rain.
I guess all the money went into the field instead of the seating.
dt812005 Wrote:I guess all the money went into the field instead of the seating.

There is plenty of seating ! They hold large track meets there, have held game against highlands who brings big crowds, seating never a problem. Excellent facility!
Walton-Verona has never hosted, nor played Highlands in football. Beechwood, yes, Highlands, no.
mysonis55 Wrote:I’m not sure where you are getting your info MC. I checked weather for Walton. I get a cloudy indication. The rain chance is very low until around 10pm when it goes up to around 50%.

Snakesnot Wrote:Weather Channel says 20% Friday and 80% Saturday for rain.

Taken straight from their app minutes ago

Per Weather Channel, Verona, KY. Friday Night Nov 23

Showers early becoming a steady rain late. Low 44 degrees. Winds SE at 5 to 10 MPH. Chance of rain 80%. Rainfall near a quarter of an inch
At the request of a friend, I’m gonna try to put a little perspective in this matchup by the numbers.

When comparing the numbers, Mayfield has played the toughest. Chedule of the 4 teams remaining in 2a and they are undefeated. WV has the worst and has 2 losses.

By opponents combined records it looks like this:
Mayfield 87-69
WV 63-87

By opponents Lit Ratings (of course I can’t find any more current than after teams had played 8 games), it looks like this:
Mayfield’s opp avg rating is 80.9
WV’s opp avg rating is 61.1

WV has played 3 teams with a Lit rating of 85 or higher. They went 1-2 against those 3. Their opponents highest Lit rating was 96.6.

Mayfield has played 8 games against opponents with a Lit rating of 85 or higher. They are 8-0 against those. Their opponents highest Lit rating is 114.5.

WV has played 4 games against an opponent with a winning record. Their record against that 4 was 2-2.

Mayfield has played 8 games against an opponent with a winning record. Their record against those 8 is 8-0.

To further put things in perspective Glasgow had a Lit rating of 96.6 and WV won against them by 4 points. Mayfield played 3 teams with a higher Lit rating than Glasgow. The closest one of them got to Mayfield was 17 points and that team had a Lit rating of 106.1.
Game is over when the Mayfield bus arrives.
Nky Guru, if this is the same guru from the other site, were not tryna get banned for improper grammer. That misspelled word stuf hapens on a day 2 day bases ova hurr. Excuse me gramma.
The biggest hurdle mayfield will have will be weather.
dt812005 Wrote:Nky Guru, if this is the same guru from the other site, were not tryna get banned for improper grammer. That misspelled word stuf hapens on a day 2 day bases ova hurr. Excuse me gramma.

No grammar police here.
Seating is good at the stadium. I still believe for playoff games the home team should be in front of the stands and the visiting team should be in the opposite side. The playoff rules are pretty clear that the home crowd should be behind the home team.
Last Friday nite Glasgow, the visiting team at Walton-Verona, was on the pressbox side of the field with the fans. WV has always used the opposite side of the field away from the stands.
I think the khsaa has to do better about games like this. I'm sure there is alot that goes into it but there's no reason I team should have to travel 5 hours to play a football game that isn't a state championship game. No knock at any team but I dont think any team should have to do that in the playoffs. It's one thing if the coach schedules something like this in the regular but there should be some mutual ground somewhere for games like these.
Not much resistance here for the Cards I'm afraid. Mayfield just needs to get through this game quick and with no injuries if possible and get ready for the showdown with CAL, barring upsets of course.
M - 55
wv - 7
tcb!!!
Anyone know if MF is running a fan bus?
Go Bearcats!
pjdoug Wrote:Go Bearcats!

It's always good to hear from the village idiot.:biglmao:
Kracken Wrote:Anyone know if MF is running a fan bus?

Yes 65 dollars per seat has to be paid for by Tuesday. Only about 30 seats left
Snakesnot Wrote:It's always good to hear from the village idiot.:biglmao:

I'm glad you enjoy it, but don't answer your self.
pjdoug Wrote:I'm glad you enjoy it, but don't answer your self.

You can't outwit a nitwit.:yawn:
WestRedWings Wrote:Yes 65 dollars per seat has to be paid for by Tuesday. Only about 30 seats left

Thank you.
Snakesnot Wrote:You can't outwit a nitwit.:yawn:

You and your other personality/ twin sister like each others lame posts.
I will take the bearcats In a upset i believe
pjdoug Wrote:You and your other personality/ twin sister like each others lame posts.

How do you have the time to post between your burger flipping job and looking after your still?:Shaking:
Snakesnot Wrote:How do you have the time to post between your burger flipping job and looking after your still?:Shaking:

He wants to like us soooo bad. He constantly comes into threads we start for our team and does nothing but stir crap. Just trying to fit in. Someone should just go ahead and get him a cardinal shirt.