Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class A Basketball is better?!!!!
The 2A Tournament is happening...Sweet 16 may still happen, but if 2A Tournament is a success we may see classes in the next 20 years or so, but I think the Sweet 16 will always stay in this State.
HCS Wrote:No, All A rules didn't change - an entirely different organization.

All A rules have changed over the yrs. They are letting schools in now that would not have been in tourney in 90’s and it was a much better tourney in the 90’s. I do love the All A classic regardless but it has lost the excitement that it once had in the 90’s
JerryGarcia Wrote:All A rules have changed over the yrs. They are letting schools in now that would not have been in tourney in 90’s and it was a much better tourney in the 90’s. I do love the All A classic regardless but it has lost the excitement that it once had in the 90’s

That's true - my point was the All A rules didn't change because a 2A tourney was started. They are still taking the same teams as before this new tourney started.
More teams qualify these days, but it's really not that much of an expansion. The great teams in the 90s would still be great and would still be winning, I believe.
FarristownFlyer Wrote:The 2A Tournament is happening...Sweet 16 may still happen, but if 2A Tournament is a success we may see classes in the next 20 years or so, but I think the Sweet 16 will always stay in this State.

These tournaments make classes less likely, I believe. What's the point if you can have your Class A tourney and 2A tourney and also compete for the big state tournament. These two tourneys, I would guess, will take in 70 percent of the schools in the state.
HCS Wrote:These tournaments make classes less likely, I believe. What's the point if you can have your Class A tourney and 2A tourney and also compete for the big state tournament. These two tourneys, I would guess, will take in 70 percent of the schools in the state.

That's a valid point...I just think with the way things are we need more of these tournaments. Kentucky does not produce the "5 star" studs, so I just feel like there are many really good teams that never get that post-season experience especially from smaller schools and some of these Regions where a couple of teams just dominate a Region. I am happy with the Class A and the Class2A tournaments and hopefully this will let those teams compete. We have very good basketball teams in this state that never really get to play on a "big" stage therefore much of the state doesn't get exposed to the actual quality of play this state offers.
HCS Wrote:If you like the All A Classic, which I do, it makes no sense to have a Class A tourney at the end to eliminate the All A Classic and eliminate the opportunity to play in the true Sweet 16.
You can't have classes and then have the winners play at the end - worst idea I hear on this site. A state champion doesn't play anymore - that's the end. The best way to ruin a state title is to have a Class A champ lose by 50 to the 5A champ the next night.

There is now a AA Region and State tournament.