Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Raceland
73.68%
Paintsville
26.32%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville @ Raceland 10/19
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Where have the paintsville faithful gone on here? Wheres floppy melons and his crew? Wth happened?
Floppy has gone to the sweet bye and bye as a poster here, apparently. He’s off focusing on selling his rotgut and pining for the good ol’ days. He makes a killing when Raceland and Paintsville or Pikeville and Paintsville play. Lol
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:So far this year our OL has done a really good job. In pass protection and run blocking. Jake does a good job getting the ball out early as well as keeping it when nothing is there. Ashlands quickness got to us a few times in week 2 and West Portsmouth and Somorset were able to mix some stunts up and get some pressure a couple times. But for the most part, Jake has stayed pretty clean in that regaurd.

Plus you really don’t want Jake running with the ball! If I was defending the Rams I wouldn’t pressure to much,only what my D line could put on the QB and play coverage! Don’t get me wrong....Jake is no speedster but he always falls forward at the end of a tackle and seems to pick up those extra two or three yards we need at the end of his runs!
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Plus you really don’t want Jake running with the ball! If I was defending the Rams I wouldn’t pressure to much,only what my D line could put on the QB and play coverage! Don’t get me wrong....Jake is no speedster but he always falls forward at the end of a tackle and seems to pick up those extra two or three yards we need at the end of his runs!

Absolutely. Jake has really impressed me this year. He makes really good decisions, and I can probably count on one hand the times he has either forced a throw or thrown a ball that I felt like it was a risky one, kid is a gamer and a really good manager of the offense to be a young, first year starter. Like you said, he isnt a blazing fast runner, but he cuts well and really gets behind his pads well at the point if contact. As good as our offense has been, the trust that Mike has in Jake and Cox now having a few games under his belt with the varsity, I expect us to be even more explosive as we go later into the regular season and into the playoffs. Myself and you, RD, have been very critical of Raceland teams in the past few years, this is a team that seems to have the pieces and the mindset to be different. At the start of the season, I felt like Pikeville was likely 2 or maybe even 3 scores better than us. But the way the season has gone, I really like our chances at getting back to Lexington. As for now, I really like our chances at winning a district title Friday night.
E's Army Wrote:If you are going to be the man you got to beat the man.
Hey, that's my copyrighted material! WHOOOO !!!:biggrin:
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Absolutely. Jake has really impressed me this year. He makes really good decisions, and I can probably count on one hand the times he has either forced a throw or thrown a ball that I felt like it was a risky one, kid is a gamer and a really good manager of the offense to be a young, first year starter. Like you said, he isnt a blazing fast runner, but he cuts well and really gets behind his pads well at the point if contact. As good as our offense has been, the trust that Mike has in Jake and Cox now having a few games under his belt with the varsity, I expect us to be even more explosive as we go later into the regular season and into the playoffs. Myself and you, RD, have been very critical of Raceland teams in the past few years, this is a team that seems to have the pieces and the mindset to be different. At the start of the season, I felt like Pikeville was likely 2 or maybe even 3 scores better than us. But the way the season has gone, I really like our chances at getting back to Lexington. As for now, I really like our chances at winning a district title Friday night.

There is one thing I thought before the season and that was all 4 teams such as Hazard, Pikeville, Raceland and Paintsville would all be very close and each game would be won because of the turnovers battle.

So far Pikeville won the battles between both Pikeville and Hazard, Paintsville won the battle with hazard and now we get to see how this one turns out.

It’s going to be very exciting come playoff time.
Not sure how many fumbles lost we have, best I can gather from khsaa we have recovered 9 fumbles defensively and only lost 4 on the offensive side but I couldnt get the stats from the Valley and West Portsmouth gams. Heighton has still yet to throw and interception and is completing almost 70% of his passes. We have done a pretty good job taking care of the football this year. One of the reasons I like our chances. We also have 11 interceptions on the season. So we have done a good job at avoiding turnovers and avoided committing them and our redzone efficiency is much greater this year which is an area we struggled in mightily the last few seasons.
Tigers will have their hands full in this one. Between the homecookin by the refs and train whistle during the Tiger’s cadence on offense, already down a couple of scores when they get off the bus.
I am curious to hear what Tiger fans think of the field upgrades and the surroundings.
4everUK Wrote:Tigers will have their hands full in this one. Between the homecookin by the refs and train whistle during the Tiger’s cadence on offense, already down a couple of scores when they get off the bus.

I am setting the over/under on penalty yardage on Raceland at 1. I set it at 1 in the Pikeville game last year and everyone bet the farm on over. Then it came in under and I banked a fortune. :1:

:biggrin:Confusednicker:
🙄
4everUK Wrote:Tigers will have their hands full in this one. Between the homecookin by the refs and train whistle during the Tiger’s cadence on offense, already down a couple of scores when they get off the bus.

A lot of us have enjoyed the road games this year. We get better calls on the road.
jetpilot Wrote:I am setting the over/under on penalty yardage on Raceland at 1. I set it at 1 in the Pikeville game last year and everyone bet the farm on over. Then it came in under and I banked a fortune. :1:

:biggrin:Confusednicker:

Only a pikeville fan would say they got screwed by out of region refs.
Come on you bunch of Paintsville sissies! You guys couldn’t tear a picture of the Rams in half!!!!!
This is my opinion I have watched a lot of hs football in the area aside from wheelersburg we have one of the most balanced offenses u will find with a really good o line I will agree with ram dad on the rams being off the last two weeks but I believe that raceland has a great bunch of hs coaches that has this group ready every week and some serious senior leader ship that will keep there team ready for every game I like the rams 32-20
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Only a pikeville fan would say they got screwed by out of region refs.

Again, I don't care if the refs were from Timbuktu.
Do they play football there?
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Do they play football there?

As far as you know.
Raceland wins this one. Paintsville passes the looks test, just doesn’t always play the best. Kind of reminds me of Pulaski County.
My personal opinion is that Raceland should be favored in this one BUT this is a rival game with a district title on the line. The team that takes care of the ball and plays the most physical football will win.
This is only Raceland's 3rd game at Home. We focus pretty good for Road games. Let's see if the crowd can help us out Friday night.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:A lot of us have enjoyed the road games this year. We get better calls on the road.
How? Nothing better than zero penalty yardage. Lol
PHSForever Wrote:How? Nothing better than zero penalty yardage. Lol

Just a sign of a good team!! If you are complaining about penalties .....stop committing them!
PHSForever Wrote:How? Nothing better than zero penalty yardage. Lol

Means we are the more disciplined team
Hey model plane co pilot go fly over Phelps or something your a$$ whooping is coming in a few weeks by the Rams this week Paintsville gets to enjoy of week of harassment proceeded by a butt whoopin
What’s the weather predicting for this game?
Clear in the 50’s perfect football wesether
Prediction? Pain!
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Hey model plane co pilot go fly over Phelps or something your a$$ whooping is coming in a few weeks by the Rams this week Paintsville gets to enjoy of week of harassment proceeded by a butt whoopin

Now nut don’t get carried away there is a few games from now to then but we will see I hope. Paintsville is the Rams challenge right now. Hope it comes down to that game but we will have to wait and see
I think Raceland will be to much for Paintsville in this one, especially playing at home. But I dont think it will be a blowout. I'll say 28-14 home team.
What happened? This was probably he best thread on here last year. Im disappointed. What is the deal!? Have the greenup fans just brought everybody down or what?