Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland@Fairview 11/4
scrappy coco Wrote:wrong again. the player you speak of started his varsity clock in 2009 for ashland, was a soph in 2010. did not play in 2011 and then played for eagles in 2012, and then again in 2013 for fairview for 5 games until paperwork was found. you have 4 years to play high school ball, once your clock starts in 9th grade you have 3 more seasons no matter what. so Ram A Lot he was not a senior at ashland. he was a 2 time senior at fairview

South Greenup 48
Eagles 6

thank you khsaa for a running clock because it could be worse

Mission accomplished ! I got slappy homo to respond!
Why were we trying to get this game on Thursday?
I’m guessing to be able to go watch hazard and Paintsville. Just my guess
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:I’m guessing to be able to go watch hazard and Paintsville. Just my guess

Fall break?
Already had it
Any chance the Eagles forfeit?
Season totals for Fairview;
Record 0-6
Points for: 28 (4.56 ppg)
Points against: 274 (45.67 ppg)
Fairview has been shutout 4 times
tcb!!!
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Any chance the Eagles forfeit?

It will be interesting to see if they forfeit their playoff game or not....I think first place in the other district will be Paris!
sidelinedoc Wrote:I think we are part of a 2 team race for the East. Just my opinion

Just overlooking Hazard as contender come playoff time is crazy. They had a good shot to beat Pikeville on the road. Gave em all they wanted and then some.
billsizemore63 Wrote:Just overlooking Hazard as contender come playoff time is crazy. They had a good shot to beat Pikeville on the road. Gave em all they wanted and then some.

I think he meant us and whoever wins the Hazard Pikeville rematch...which if you look at it like that then yes....a two team Race! But I’m not counting out Paintsville...we gotta beat them twice and I think that’s gonna be very difficult to do!
billsizemore63 Wrote:Just overlooking Hazard as contender come playoff time is crazy. They had a good shot to beat Pikeville on the road. Gave em all they wanted and then some.

I am not overlooking Hazard. I am thinking we are the favorite in our Region and we can only play one of you guys in the Senifinals. I am not being cocky and I am not overlooking anyone in our District or Region. I just happen to think we are the favorites to win our Region and make it to the Final 4.
Hope Fairview can get back to being respectable. Loved this rivalry when both were rolling
sidelinedoc Wrote:Huge difference. All this transfer crap blows my mind. 3 of the 4 you mention moved in district. The other sat out for 1 year. No one lied or cheated or misused funds with our players nor do we play ineligible players.

I don’t believe I would call the transfer issue unreasonable. It is very much known that Raceland is taking and not turning anyone away when they are planning to transfer, but other schools aren’t as well. When your hands down best player/athlete is a transfer I don’t know if there is a leg to stand on here. I would like to see how good a team is from just Raceland kids only. I believe they would struggle. With that being said I have always said think about how scary good a team would be if there was just one high school on Greenup Co.. you would have to make cuts cause of so many kids out for the team.
To had to my previous post though, I have the Rams by a landslide. Fairview struggles or got beat by Lewis I believe so it will be a long long night. I would imagine a lot of backups playing the 3rd and 4th.
16th_Region_Fan Wrote:I don’t believe I would call the transfer issue unreasonable. It is very much known that Raceland is taking and not turning anyone away when they are planning to transfer, but other schools aren’t as well. When your hands down best player/athlete is a transfer I don’t know if there is a leg to stand on here. I would like to see how good a team is from just Raceland kids only. I believe they would struggle. With that being said I have always said think about how scary good a team would be if there was just one high school on Greenup Co.. you would have to make cuts cause of so many kids out for the team.

Most if not all schools have transfers. My issue with this subject is that Raceland is the only school that local posters want to discuss. We have success and as a school have a long history of success (almost 550 wins) yet some want to water us down. All schools are willing to take transfers as long as it is legit and approved. I do not approve of and know that we do not seek transfers. That is a huge difference!!!!!

So, are you saying your school would not accept players that either moved into your district or transferred legitimately?
Bunch of raceland cheaters!!!
16th_Region_Fan Wrote:I don’t believe I would call the transfer issue unreasonable. It is very much known that Raceland is taking and not turning anyone away when they are planning to transfer, but other schools aren’t as well. When your hands down best player/athlete is a transfer I don’t know if there is a leg to stand on here. I would like to see how good a team is from just Raceland kids only. I believe they would struggle. With that being said I have always said think about how scary good a team would be if there was just one high school on Greenup Co.. you would have to make cuts cause of so many kids out for the team.

What's the roster breakdown? How many of the kids on Raceland's current roster have been at Raceland since the little league days? How many kids have been there since the middle school days? How many "transfers" have entered the program within the last couple of years? I'm not close enough to the program to know, but I'm guessing the majority of the kids on the roster have been there for a long time. I only ask you, because you seem to know something.
sidelinedoc Wrote:Most if not all schools have transfers. My issue with this subject is that Raceland is the only school that local posters want to discuss. We have success and as a school have a long history of success (almost 550 wins) yet some want to water us down. All schools are willing to take transfers as long as it is legit and approved. I do not approve of and know that we do not seek transfers. That is a huge difference!!!!!

So, are you saying your school would not accept players that either moved into your district or transferred legitimately?

No I believe every school has transfers and abuses the transfer rule. I just don’t agree with kids transferring for sports reasons. If a parent is transferred jobs or something of that nature I am all for it. But I think the whole transferring for sports reasons is not a good enough reason. With that being said you can’t really regulate through the KHSAA. They have tried and many people have beat the system to where they pick and choose what battles they fight. As I said though I would love to see a time where only kids from the districts play for their proper high school. It won’t happen but just a nice thought. Didn’t mean to get anyone upset but just thought I’d throw my two cents in. Believe me I am not crazy and think that everyone isn’t dying for a stud transfer. If I’m not right I think Ashland has a stud receiver that has transferred in.

On a separate topic that was brought up in this thread I don’t think that Raceland coiled even potentially see another loss until maybe the regional final or semi final. I’m not sure how their cross district shakes out but no one in their district will beat them. It’s going to have to be a Hazard or Pikeville.
I’ll clear it up real simple like ....we have far more kids on this team and all Raceland teams with recurring last names then we have transfers! Names that have been there for years because their brothers, dads, uncles, cousins, and grandpas played there! You couldn’t even have a team of 25 kids if you combined all the transfers Raceland has had in the last 40 years! Bottom line...we beat you with our kids because our kids come through the system and they are better then yours!! Get over it!!
Cheaters!!!!!!!!
Raceland has a few more transfers in prominent roles this season than in most of their seasons (top 2 defensive leaders in tackles played for Boyd, best line player is from Ironton), but that isn't a slight on their program. They've done a good job coaching, building the program, and even now upgrading the facilities to get it to be a place where good players want to come play football. The best teams in our small area are always going to have a few out-of-district players. Ashland has players from Paintsville, Louisa, Ironton, South Point, and Boyd. I can understand why good football players would want to play at either Raceland or Ashland.

Fairview tried to build it, but they were just too out in the open about it. Suddenly a nearly all-white small community had numerous black players playing football on Friday nights. Luckily for the McPeeks, they are getting to build the same thing on a larger scale in Lexington now at Frederick Douglass, where they appear to have already created a 6A powerhouse. Unluckily for Fairview, though, they are left with only Westwood players and not very good ones at that.

I have a feeling the only thing worth talking about on any Raceland-Fairview thread for the foreseeable future is going to be transfers and the memories of the rivalry from the old BITW days. Sad but true.
I don’t see Fairview having a team 5-10 years from now.
Cheaters!!! Cheaters!!!! Throw the book at them!!!
FootballGuy Wrote:I don’t see Fairview having a team 5-10 years from now.

Hell I see a lot of schools not having a team in 5 to 10 years
Where are all of the band wagon Fairview fans? They used to be on here in droves talking all kinds of smack.
One more week RAD ....one more week and it’s Taintsville!!
At least they will talk trash with us!
Haven’t seen any aintsville fans either. They only blab when they know they have the upper hand
Paintsville fans are very quiet this year
FootballGuy Wrote:I don’t see Fairview having a team 5-10 years from now.
The school system is in bad shape. They won’t have a school in 5-10 years. Ashland or Boyd or Both will absorb the school.