Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raceland@Fairview 11/4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Though the rivalry has lost some of its luster in recent years, it's not been long since Fairview stole one from the Rams in October, at Ram Stadium. Part of me wonders if we can keep this thread from bein shutdown, the other wonders if theres enough Eagle fans left to keep this thread up and running. My thoughts....

Raceland 54
Fairview 6

Rams will dominate up front on both sides of the ball in this one and call the dogs off early
This one will be ugly. The old Raceland/Fairview rivalry when McPeek was at Fairview produced some classic threads with the Ram fans crying about the transfers. Ironic now that a few of Raceland’s best players are transfers from Boyd and Ironton. Fairview won the battles back in those days but Raceland won the war as the Eagles appear to be completely depleted now. Kind of sad that this game even has to be played as it pits one of the best teams in class A against quite possibly the worst team in the state.
This one will bring murder charges against someone from Raceland. Ugly, ugly, ugly, often and early
I don’t mind going back to prison!
This game used to actually mean something but not so much now. This one will get ugly fast and our young players should see a lot of playing time.

Raceland 40
Fairview 0
Heard they were trying to move game to Thursday.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Heard they were trying to move game to Thursday.

Why
Uh oh :popcorn:

Raceland 64
Fairview 03
nekysportsfan Wrote:This one will be ugly. The old Raceland/Fairview rivalry when McPeek was at Fairview produced some classic threads with the Ram fans crying about the transfers. Ironic now that a few of Raceland’s best players are transfers from Boyd and Ironton. Fairview won the battles back in those days but Raceland won the war as the Eagles appear to be completely depleted now. Kind of sad that this game even has to be played as it pits one of the best teams in class A against quite possibly the worst team in the state.

Huge difference. All this transfer crap blows my mind. 3 of the 4 you mention moved in district. The other sat out for 1 year. No one lied or cheated or misused funds with our players nor do we play ineligible players.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Why

Cuz it’s not worth wasting a Good Friday night.
Ugly game without a doubt the jv should get a lot of mins in this
What I hope to see this friday is poise and dominance from start to finish and not be looking ahead to Paintsville.
sidelinedoc Wrote:Huge difference. All this transfer crap blows my mind. 3 of the 4 you mention moved in district. The other sat out for 1 year. No one lied or cheated or misused funds with our players nor do we play ineligible players.

No doubt there is a difference. Fairview had opened up a pipeline to Huntington that was producing multiple players per year. There’s no need to rehash how they might have gotten the players. I’m not saying Raceland is doing anything wrong now. I think players should be able to play and go to school where they want. Raceland has built their program slowly through the years while Fairview tried the fast track plan to program success. I was just commenting on how this used to be one of the most heated and highly attended games of the year in the area. Now no one cares.
Running clock early.
Rams by 36+
Did the Rams staff hit the recruiting trail this bye week?

Lol! Rams have built their program, kids come to them! Crying about transfers is just weak because they happen everywhere. Every state champion will have one this year, every runner up, I bet some teams that don’t even make the playoffs will have them! No use in complaining about it. It happens. The only thing that I wouldn’t excuse would be a coach attempting to convince a kid to join their school, difference between recruiting and getting transfers. What are they supposed to do if a kid transfers in?
Fairview doesn’t have a chance in this one. Favorite to win the east rolls easily.
Rams tcb,,, rrr
Gargamel Wrote:Fairview doesn’t have a chance in this one. Favorite to win the east rolls easily.

Favorite is a stretch. We have to show more poise and discipline with these dumb penaltiew. We need more consistency against the pass and get better containment when a QB starts to scramble. We have given up way to many first downs on 2nd and 3rd and long this year and too many blown coverages. We have the pieces to be a contender and that much I think we are 100% just that. A legit contender in the east. But to call us a favorite is a stretch, imo.
Rams are in top 3 in East. Believe there are only 4 contenders in East.
Gargamel Wrote:Fairview doesn’t have a chance in this one. Favorite to win the east rolls easily.

I think we are part of a 2 team race for the East. Just my opinion
nekysportsfan Wrote:No doubt there is a difference. Fairview had opened up a pipeline to Huntington that was producing multiple players per year. There’s no need to rehash how they might have gotten the players. I’m not saying Raceland is doing anything wrong now. I think players should be able to play and go to school where they want. Raceland has built their program slowly through the years while Fairview tried the fast track plan to program success. I was just commenting on how this used to be one of the most heated and highly attended games of the year in the area. Now no one cares.

Fairview was never caught for getting the kids from Huntington. They were caught for playing a kid that was a senior the year before at Ashland. Tried to get two senior years.
At least we will have Fall weather Friday night!
Raceland, Hazard, Pikeville with Paintsville having a shot.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Heard they were trying to move game to Thursday.
Fairview wouldn't agree to it.
Rams by as many as they want...
C'mon beagle fans get with it!!!
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Fairview was never caught for getting the kids from Huntington. They were caught for playing a kid that was a senior the year before at Ashland. Tried to get two senior years.
wrong again. the player you speak of started his varsity clock in 2009 for ashland, was a soph in 2010. did not play in 2011 and then played for eagles in 2012, and then again in 2013 for fairview for 5 games until paperwork was found. you have 4 years to play high school ball, once your clock starts in 9th grade you have 3 more seasons no matter what. so Ram A Lot he was not a senior at ashland. he was a 2 time senior at fairview

South Greenup 48
Eagles 6

thank you khsaa for a running clock because it could be worse
scrappy coco Wrote:wrong again. the player you speak of started his varsity clock in 2009 for ashland, was a soph in 2010. did not play in 2011 and then played for eagles in 2012, and then again in 2013 for fairview for 5 games until paperwork was found. you have 4 years to play high school ball, once your clock starts in 9th grade you have 3 more seasons no matter what. so Ram A Lot he was not a senior at ashland. he was a 2 time senior at fairview

South Greenup 48
Eagles 6

thank you khsaa for a running clock because it could be worse

It won’t be worse then that because we have more class then that crappy coupon ....42-0 if that! You will probably see some quick scores then the Rams will probably work on the long ball.With there being some dropped passes Fairview will stay in the game longer....score wise at least
Rams by a bunch.

I don't understand why so many people feel sorry for Fairview. It's not like the goings on during that period of time was a secret. The entire community rallied behind the team with the BITW movement. The community of Westwood made their bed and now it's time to lie in it.
Pages: 1 2 3