Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill County at Powell County 10/5
waughdaddy59 Wrote:I have to agree with big dog. Powell has had some good teams in the past. This team is off to a good start and that should be commended but theres alot of football left in the season don't count all your wins just yet. Dont overlook any of these last few teams.

I'm not trying to take away from the teams of yesteryear for Powell or their accomplishments but I have been following these boys since they were in youth football and I said it then when these JR'S and SR'S were in the 5th and 6th grades, if they stick together they will be the best team to ever step on the field for Powell Co. They lost a few teammates along the way but I will stick to my words. They r the best team to ever play for POCO hands down. #GoPiratesForeverandAlways
Redbeard Wrote:I'm not trying to take away from the teams of yesteryear for Powell or their accomplishments but I have been following these boys since they were in youth football and I said it then when these JR'S and SR'S were in the 5th and 6th grades, if they stick together they will be the best team to ever step on the field for Powell Co. They lost a few teammates along the way but I will stick to my words. They r the best team to ever play for POCO hands down. #GoPiratesForeverandAlways
Slow down hoss, the class of 2011 and 2017 are IMO the 2 best classes to go through powell county football in no particular order. Not taking anything away from this group and the 2015 squad was very special. But if this group can win out in the regular season it won’t matter to a hill of beans if they can’t get past Bell in the 2nd round. That game will be a dogfight and fun to watch. If they make it back to a regional championship this year then we can discuss it and they have earned the right to be considered the best! And i’m sure waughdaddy59 will agree with me on this one
Records and teams before behind. This years PoCo team is special and should be very exciting to watch tommorow night!
Oh yes i agree with just about everything big dog said i think the 2015 team deserves more credit they did beat a good LCA team and get the first home playoff game but yea i totally agree with everything else to say this team is the best ever is a stretch I mean look at the 2015 team the running back that year never played varsity til he was a senior. And then broke all of Powell's records the line that year was a powerhouse.
Oh yes agreed tommorw should be a good night to watch some ball.
waughdaddy59 Wrote:Oh yes i agree with just about everything big dog said i think the 2015 team deserves more credit they did beat a good LCA team and get the first home playoff game but yea i totally agree with everything else to say this team is the best ever is a stretch I mean look at the 2015 team the running back that year never played varsity til he was a senior. And then broke all of Powell's records the line that year was a powerhouse.
the 2015 team was the real deal. the offensive line was very good up front and all of their backs was very talented
waughdaddy59 Wrote:Oh yes i agree with just about everything big dog said i think the 2015 team deserves more credit they did beat a good LCA team and get the first home playoff game but yea i totally agree with everything else to say this team is the best ever is a stretch I mean look at the 2015 team the running back that year never played varsity til he was a senior. And then broke all of Powell's records the line that year was a powerhouse.

Look guys again I'm not trying to take away from past accomplishments but did them teams your talking about beat teams by as many as this team has been and did they beat Garrard Co. ... I will answer for u ...no they didn't and as far as your record breaking runningback he was good but now his records are getting broke but y'all r right we haven't made it to the end of the season to see how it will play out but I look for this team to go further then any before them. #GoPirates
Garrard wasnt on the schedule for the 2015 so we'll never know if they would have beaten them. But LCA by far is probably one of the biggest wins in school history i mean that team was state champs in like 2009 or 10 and are considered contenders yearly. That definitely counts for more than the Garrard win I mean Garrard to my knowledge has not won a state championship. And well yes i would imagine his records are being broken he only played a year of varsity football. And i believe Skidmore is the best back in Powell history I'm simply saying i don't know if I believe this is the best team ever fielded that's quite a stretch.
It’s sad that 2 of our former players want to be so negative toward their own home team just because they’re jealous. We shouldn’t even be discussing which was the best team on this thread, who cares, let’s root for the current team and get over it. This was simply for stating your opinion about Powell vs Estill. Like seriously, expected better support.
Sir I hardly have anything to be jealous about i never said i didn't support this team and have no negativity its simple I was only responding with my own opinion to the opinion of another. Also you are aware that my son did play at Powell but I created this account several years ago when he was still a player there.
PoCofootball Wrote:It’s sad that 2 of our former players want to be so negative toward their own home team just because they’re jealous. We shouldn’t even be discussing which was the best team on this thread, who cares, let’s root for the current team and get over it. This was simply for stating your opinion about Powell vs Estill. Like seriously, expected better support.

I don't see how you would say this they haven't said anything negative about the team. Simply stated their thoughts just as you did. About What another person said you see people all over these various other threads talking about old teams and new ones to come nothing wrong with it at all.
PoCofootball Wrote:It’s sad that 2 of our former players want to be so negative toward their own home team just because they’re jealous. We shouldn’t even be discussing which was the best team on this thread, who cares, let’s root for the current team and get over it. This was simply for stating your opinion about Powell vs Estill. Like seriously, expected better support.
Jealous? I hope Powell blows every team out by 40+ we was just discussing teams from the last when redbeard brought up best ever to play on powell’s field. And I believe this years team can definitely be so, they have to do it on the field not in a message board. But to say jealous sir, you are wrong. I’m all for this class and support them 100%
Bigdog54 Wrote:Jealous? I hope Powell blows every team out by 40+ we was just discussing teams from the last when redbeard brought up best ever to play on powell’s field. And I believe this years team can definitely be so, they have to do it on the field not in a message board. But to say jealous sir, you are wrong. I’m all for this class and support them 100%

Well spoken.
Bigdog54 Wrote:Jealous? I hope Powell blows every team out by 40+ we was just discussing teams from the last when redbeard brought up best ever to play on powell’s field. And I believe this years team can definitely be so, they have to do it on the field not in a message board. But to say jealous sir, you are wrong. I’m all for this class and support them 100%

Totally agree with this.
I HEAR A TRAIN UH COMIN' ITS ROLLIN' ROUND THE BEND!!!

ITS GAMEDAY BABY!!!

It's going to be a dandy in Stanton tonight! The second largest BBN in Kentucky will show up in full force to support their Engineers!!

Better get off the track, we are ROLLIN' through full steam!
0-0. 1Q. 5:51

Estill ball at their own 43

Lighting delay
Powell up 16-8 early 2Q
TD Estill

16-14 Powell.

1:55 2Q
Brooks on the keeper. TD Powell. 2pt no good

22-14 Powell

2:23 3Q
22 all
Sounds like Estill is hanging tough with a good Powell county team. Good luck to both the rest of the way.
Powell defense stepped up late in the game and turned Estill over on downs. Good game by both teams but Powell’s running attack was just to much for Estill down the stretch.