Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill County at Powell County 10/5
Estill County makes the short trip to Stanton to take on the Pirates of Powell County next Friday.

Kickoff set for 7:30 PM.

Estill County usually has Powell's number in football but the Pirates are on a different level this season.

Estill has to play better than what they did against Breathitt and their losses this season....Powell has to continue playing the way they are adn if they do so they very well could run away with this game.
Field conditions will be better than they were in the game between Breathitt/Estill so i think Estill will control the ball better and fumble less. Ultimately it will make little difference as Powell County is just a better team. Powell by 10+
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Powell will win, but like last week. They will decide by how much. I said they can score 60 against any team in this district and i’ll hold to that. (if the varsity gets to stay in the whole game lol)
i believe estill will have some success running the ball as powell has had trouble stopping the run this year. But not enough to matter.
Powell @ home on homecoming night.
63-30
Powell should win Estill may find success running the ball but if Powell d plays right they should not allow may points at all the Powell offense should find all the success it wants really. Powell 50 to 12
I believe both teams will bring their A game, like usual. With that being said, IMO, this will be the best performance from Powell’s defense so far. Will they hold Estill scoreless? Absolutely not. Like stated above, Powell is on a different level this season and there will be a lot of support with the Homecoming crowd. Looking forward to a good game and hope for great sportsmanship from both teams.
Powell 48-28
Powell by 14.
Long night for Estill County.......I thinked :popcorn:

Powell County 49
Estill County 13
Pirates derail the Engineers. Estill makes the short trip back home dazed and confused wondering what just happen. Pirates a lot - Engineers a little #GoPirates
Would not count the Engineers out just yet. I am not sure what went on last week (8 or 9 fumbles) but I guarantee that will not happen again this week. Not sure Estill stops the back that Powell has, but I do not think Powell will stop Estill either. This one may be whoever has the ball last or who wins the turnover battle.
Rivalry game. Throw records and stats out the window. This will be a good game.
jumpshooter Wrote:Rivalry game. Throw records and stats out the window. This will be a good game.
Good point. homecoming. rivalry game. @powell. Will be competitive for about 2 maybe 3 quarters. Powell’s varsity will score almost every time they touch the ball
Bigdog54 Wrote:Good point. homecoming. rivalry game. @powell. Will be competitive for about 2 maybe 3 quarters. Powell’s varsity will score almost every time they touch the ball
I promise you that JV will see no action in this game either way. It will be a battle all the way through.
I think Powell being at home will be the difference. Both teams can run the ball but Skidmore has been on a tear of late.
jumpshooter Wrote:Would not count the Engineers out just yet. I am not sure what went on last week (8 or 9 fumbles) but I guarantee that will not happen again this week. Not sure Estill stops the back that Powell has, but I do not think Powell will stop Estill either. This one may be whoever has the ball last or who wins the turnover battle.

Any other year, I wouldn’t count the Engineers out. This year, the Pirates will just be to much for Estill to handle. I do believe Estill will score a few points because Powell’s defense has struggled some this year. On the other hand, Powell’s offense and special teams have been on point. Powell will capitalize on any mistakes by Estill, you had better hope for less fumbles this game.
#GOPIRATES :Cheerlead TongueirateSho
I think Powell County wins it.
SO King said it perfectly. Powell County is simply on another level this season. Nothing against the Engineers, but I think the Pirates win big in this one. TongueirateSho

Powell County - 42

Estill County - 14
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Powell Co. 42
Estill 16

Skidmore scores 5 TD's and runs for over 200 yards.
Powell's Offense has been on point for the most part all season and the Defense has got better each week. Pirate's # 44 is 8th in 3A for tackles and 23rd in all state. He lead the Defense this past week with 10 solo and 12 assist tackles and for any of u Estill Co. fans that can't add that's 22 tackles! Good luck running the ball against this young man!!! #GoPirates
Estill has a solid chance if they limit the turnovers IMO and I just looked this 44 up to watch his highlights they are mostly run plays and 1 tackle if I had 22 tackles or 10 solos i would put them where they could be viewed. Are you number 44 or something there Redbeard?
Redbeard Wrote:Powell's Offense has been on point for the most part all season and the Defense has got better each week. Pirate's # 44 is 8th in 3A for tackles and 23rd in all state. He lead the Defense this past week with 10 solo and 12 assist tackles and for any of u Estill Co. fans that can't add that's 22 tackles! Good luck running the ball against this young man!!! #GoPirates

Lol. So you're telling me that ONE player will stop an offense like the double wing? You, my friend, are delusional. All 11 on defense better be ready. And I am going to assume that #44 is a linebacker. If so, and he has 22 tackles against Estill, it will be a long night for the Pirates. Linebacker (unless blitzing) will make the play against the double wing about 5 yards down field, which is what Estill wants. Better hope your D-Line comes to play.
Redbeard Wrote:Powell's Offense has been on point for the most part all season and the Defense has got better each week. Pirate's # 44 is 8th in 3A for tackles and 23rd in all state. He lead the Defense this past week with 10 solo and 12 assist tackles and for any of u Estill Co. fans that can't add that's 22 tackles! Good luck running the ball against this young man!!! #GoPirates

And before you go talking about Estill fans and their math skills, you might want to check your punctuation. :biglmao:
jumpshooter Wrote:Lol. So you're telling me that ONE player will stop an offense like the double wing? You, my friend, are delusional. All 11 on defense better be ready. And I am going to assume that #44 is a linebacker. If so, and he has 22 tackles against Estill, it will be a long night for the Pirates. Linebacker (unless blitzing) will make the play against the double wing about 5 yards down field, which is what Estill wants. Better hope your D-Line comes to play.

#44 does not have an account on here. Also, I’m here to tell you right now, you will have your bubble popped Friday night. Estill will have some good runs I’m sure, but Estill has played some low teams this year and that is the only reason they looked halfway decent. :lame: As for the Pirates, they have played some excellent teams this year and won. Estill and Powell both have a lot of heart on the field but Powell has A LOT more talent. That definitely shows with the teams that both have played against this year. Now, it is a big rivalry and a big crowd for Powell but Estill doesn’t have the talent like Powell. Powell’s defense, #44 is out for tackle leader in 3A and then the state. Will he reach his goal? Idk, may be leader in the 3A before all said and done. He is a very serious player with a lot of heart. I’m just here to tell you right now, Powell switched their defense up this week and starting to get it together. There are many talented young men on the defense and they’re ready for Friday night. Still hoping for great sportsmanship but the Pirates are going to lay it on them Engineers.TongueirateSho
legend66 Wrote:Estill has a solid chance if they limit the turnovers IMO and I just looked this 44 up to watch his highlights they are mostly run plays and 1 tackle if I had 22 tackles or 10 solos i would put them where they could be viewed. Are you number 44 or something there Redbeard?

He is not #44. #44 is just a big boy with some decent speed, looking to be tackle leader in the 3A and then the State. He is just a very serious player with a lot of heart and talent. Estill played low teams this year and still have a sad record for the season. IMO as many others, Estill has a slim chance. You know Powell will be ready and they will lay it to them like they have a few other teams this year! #GOPIRATES!!
PoCofootball Wrote:He is not #44. #44 is just a big boy with some decent speed, looking to be tackle leader in the 3A and then the State. He is just a very serious player with a lot of heart and talent. Estill played low teams this year and still have a sad record for the season. IMO as many others, Estill has a slim chance. You know Powell will be ready and they will lay it to them like they have a few other teams this year! #GOPIRATES!!

LOL No I'm not # 44, I'm just an old man that wishes I had the abilities that young man has when I did play. But you are right about one thing it will take more then 1 player to stop Estill (Not much more), it takes more the 1 player to stop any team. I will leave it alone from here and let the Pirates do my talkin Friday Night.This isn't the same Powell Co. Football Team as from years past. Good Luck Engineers! Your going to need it!!! lol
jumpshooter Wrote:I promise you that JV will see no action in this game either way. It will be a battle all the way through.
If powell don’t hurt themselves. Jv players will be on their field at the end of the night.
Redbeard Wrote:LOL No I'm not # 44, I'm just an old man that wishes I had the abilities that young man has when I did play. But you are right about one thing it will take more then 1 player to stop Estill (Not much more), it takes more the 1 player to stop any team. I will leave it alone from here and let the Pirates do my talkin Friday Night.This isn't the same Powell Co. Football Team as from years past. Good Luck Engineers! Your going to need it!!! lol
Last years squad and 2016 team was pretty solid. Slow starts and shot themselves in the foot first couple games which were very winnable games. Skidmore becoming a year older and more mature has really helped the pirates this year
I have to agree with big dog. Powell has had some good teams in the past. This team is off to a good start and that should be commended but theres alot of football left in the season don't count all your wins just yet. Dont overlook any of these last few teams.
waughdaddy59 Wrote:I have to agree with big dog. Powell has had some good teams in the past. This team is off to a good start and that should be commended but theres alot of football left in the season don't count all your wins just yet. Dont overlook any of these last few teams.
Powell would have to shoot themselves in the foot to lose to Estill or Breatthit which is their only competition in the district I believe.. East Carter gave them a hard fought game last year even though the score didn’t indiciate so. Special teams gave the pirates about 3 more possessions that game. If powell does win the district they will be looking to play Bell in the 2nd round after jackson/mccreary in the 1st. I witnessed Bell Co. play myself and I believe their a top 5 3a team. The pirates will have to bring their D together that game if they want a chance back at the regional championship like they done so in 2017!
Redbeard Wrote:LOL No I'm not # 44, I'm just an old man that wishes I had the abilities that young man has when I did play. But you are right about one thing it will take more then 1 player to stop Estill (Not much more), it takes more the 1 player to stop any team. I will leave it alone from here and let the Pirates do my talkin Friday Night.This isn't the same Powell Co. Football Team as from years past. Good Luck Engineers! Your going to need it!!! lol

You must be related to 44. This isn't the first time I've seen you post about him. Just seems odd his highlights aren't of many tackles at all. But I digress I look for this to be a interesting game.
Bigdog54 Wrote:Powell would have to shoot themselves in the foot to lose to Estill or Breatthit which is their only competition in the district I believe.. East Carter gave them a hard fought game last year even though the score didn’t indiciate so. Special teams gave the pirates about 3 more possessions that game. If powell does win the district they will be looking to play Bell in the 2nd round after jackson/mccreary in the 1st. I witnessed Bell Co. play myself and I believe their a top 5 3a team. The pirates will have to bring their D together that game if they want a chance back at the regional championship like they done so in 2017!
I've watched breathitt a time or two this year. And IMO the pirates had best not overlook them. Estill i dont look for them to beat Powell but they could make a good game out of it.