Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 33 Hazard 27
Great game! Congratulations to Pikeville.
When I was first reading MicroBrew's post, I found myself agreeing somewhat.
But after thinking about it, it's more complicated and not so bad.
Yes, of course Pikeville is going to have to step it up a couple notches to get to Kroger field. But there is plenty of time and I have faith they will.

They just played a 5 game stretch against great competition. I know people on here are preaching LCA's funeral but on calpreps they are ranked way ahead of that Portsmouth West team Raceland fans are raving about. Pikeville flipped that game from a 28 point loss last year to a 43 point win this year. Flipped Paintsville from a 28 point loss to a 23 point win. Flipped a Hazard loss to a win. Flipped a noncompetitive game vs. Belfry last year to a game this year they played pretty even but lost on a couple turnovers and big plays. And played to the last play against an undefeated and highly ranked Point Pleasant team on the road while piling up 500+ yards. So plenty of positives. But yes they have to improve and I expect they will.

As for the game last night, Hazard is legit as most of us knew they would be. Pelfrey is the real deal. Pikeville played Blair very well, holding him to 35 rushing yards and 110 passing, with 60 of those on the one drive throwing to RBs running open down the middle of the field. Pikeville took that away after or Hazard didn't go back to it, I didn't notice which. Pikeville played Fletcher well also, 37 rushing yards with most coming on a big run late in the first half. Played Stupart well, 3 catches for 18 yards.

The most important thing is they got the win and home field throughout the playoffs. I still like their chances come playoff time. Go Panthers!Confusedinglepar
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Like I said...this one means nothing and it’s very hard to beat a good team twice

It determined home field advantage if the 2 teams meet again in the playoffs and considering the 2 teams looked pretty even that could be pretty big in November.
jetpilot Wrote:When I was first reading MicroBrew's post, I found myself agreeing somewhat.
But after thinking about it, it's more complicated and not so bad.
Yes, of course Pikeville is going to have to step it up a couple notches to get to Kroger field. But there is plenty of time and I have faith they will.

They just played a 5 game stretch against great competition. I know people on here are preaching LCA's funeral but on calpreps they are ranked way ahead of that Portsmouth West team Raceland fans are raving about. Pikeville flipped that game from a 28 point loss last year to a 43 point win this year. Flipped Paintsville from a 28 point loss to a 23 point win. Flipped a Hazard loss to a win. Flipped a noncompetitive game vs. Belfry last year to a game this year they played pretty even but lost on a couple turnovers and big plays. And played to the last play against an undefeated and highly ranked Point Pleasant team on the road while piling up 500+ yards. So plenty of positives. But yes they have to improve and I expect they will.

As for the game last night, Hazard is legit as most of us knew they would be. Pelfrey is the real deal. Pikeville played Blair very well, holding him to 35 rushing yards and 110 passing, with 60 of those on the one drive throwing to RBs running open down the middle of the field. Pikeville took that away after or Hazard didn't go back to it, I didn't notice which. Pikeville played Fletcher well also, 37 rushing yards with most coming on a big run late in the first half. Played Stupart well, 3 catches for 18 yards.

The most important thing is they got the win and home field throughout the playoffs. I still like their chances come playoff time. Go Panthers!Confusedinglepar
I agree with what you say, Jet but also see a lot in what Micr-Brew said to be true. This guys have been playing this defense for two years and they keep making the same mistakes which is what worries me. So like what we do in life becomes habits some bad some good and the bad ones need to be broken. Yes it is a good victory and they have had a ruff stretch of games but to me that’s excuses. Hopefully they all get worked out but like all these Pikeville posters we have seen great abilities and execution from these young men but they have to be more consistent on doing there jobs. Love these Panthers but will give them all the credit in the world but also be critical when they don’t play up to their ability, probably not my place and shouldn’t do it but it’s my opinion. I also like you love their chances but also like you know they can do better. For the one senior that has played his last game last night, I didn’t know him but by number and his ability to play the game but you have been a thrill to watch and God bless you for your dedication and you will always be a part of this team and wish you well in the rest of your life. Know it was hard to play your last game but thank you for all your great effort and has been a pleasure for me to watch you on the field these years. But as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Imo, Pikeville is a much better team than they showed last night. Really pleased with the win, no doubt, but I think we can all agree they're not playing up to their potential. I agree, they've been through a tough three game stretch, and no doubt pretty tired. On the other side of that, they have to be playing with more fire in their belly, and more excitement especially on defense if they want to be in Lexington playing for the championship. On another note, I want to echo what Patriot said, congrats to #9 Matt. Dawahare for making the decision to hang it up for the season due to an injury that kept him from playing last season. This had to be a tough decision for the young man to make. Very talented player at the c/wr position.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Dang boys..they just played three games in a row that would take the breath and fight out of any team.Give them a min to get their feet back under them guys
I agree with you RamDad. Pikeville has played a tough stretch of teams over the last 4 weeks. Paintsville, Belfry, Point Pleasant, and Hazard...I’d like to know if any other team has played a tougher stretch of football this year! Something people are not recognizing either, is that the Panthers didn’t play 100% against Hazard because they are not 100% right now. A LB With a bum ankle, best lineman with a nagging ankle, A player missed the last half of the Point Pleasant game with a foot injury, one linebacker with shoulder issues, a corner with shoulder issues, QB played the Belfry game with a hip out of place, and played last night with bronchitis. Let’s give them a chance to heal up some, then rush to judgements if needed. Pikeville faithful needs to take a breath or two and allow this team and staff to get reenergized and heal some. JMO
Here is a link to watch the Pikeville vs Hazard game.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_f...ent_filter
On a personal note, as someone who is part of a family football legacy @ Pikeville. I know a little something about how special that is to a family and how important that is to this program. The name Dawahare has been synonymous with Pikeville High School almost since it’s inception. Campbell Dawahare played his last game in a Pikeville Football Jersey last night. While that is heartbreaking due to the circumstances. Campbell left his mark on this program and continued his family legacy of outstanding football players for our school. Good luck to you, Campbell. Keep being a leader for this team!
Man Playoff football is gonna fun in the Mountains
Congrats pikeville
4everUK Wrote:I agree with you RamDad. Pikeville has played a tough stretch of teams over the last 4 weeks. Paintsville, Belfry, Point Pleasant, and Hazard...I’d like to know if any other team has played a tougher stretch of football this year! Something people are not recognizing either, is that the Panthers didn’t play 100% against Hazard because they are not 100% right now. A LB With a bum ankle, best lineman with a nagging ankle, A player missed the last half of the Point Pleasant game with a foot injury, one linebacker with shoulder issues, a corner with shoulder issues, QB played the Belfry game with a hip out of place, and played last night with bronchitis. Let’s give them a chance to heal up some, then rush to judgements if needed. Pikeville faithful needs to take a breath or two and allow this team and staff to get reenergized and heal some. JMO

Teams have played 7 games no team is 100% , every team has kids with bad ankles , shoulders , knees backs or whatever , kids have to play through it , so that’s irrelevant to say they have kids with nagging injuries
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Teams have played 7 games no team is 100% , every team has kids with bad ankles , shoulders , knees backs or whatever , kids have to play through it , so that’s irrelevant to say they have kids with nagging injuries
He's saying it has IMPACTED them some, not saying everyone has less nagging injuries, etc. Brutal 4 game stretch of Paintsville, Belfry, Point Pleasant, and Hazard is a hard hitting stretch that not many teams go through in a season, much less through 4 games straight. That's like your Rams playing Ashland, Portsmouth, Paintsville, and Somerset 4 weeks in a row. Don't have to get your panties twisted.
Somerset and Portsmouth game was brutal. bye week couldn't come fast enough.
PHSForever Wrote:He's saying it has IMPACTED them some, not saying everyone has less nagging injuries, etc. Brutal 4 game stretch of Paintsville, Belfry, Point Pleasant, and Hazard is a hard hitting stretch that not many teams go through in a season, much less through 4 games straight. That's like your Rams playing Ashland, Portsmouth, Paintsville, and Somerset 4 weeks in a row. Don't have to get your panties twisted.

My panties are just fine , stop crying and making excuses
Always took you for a panties wearer nut!
anotherfootballnut Wrote:My panties are just fine , stop crying and making excuses
Might wanna talk with some of your other compadres who seemed to think the last two games were brutal. "Bye couldn't come fast enough" according to RamADevil. No excuses, just facts. Lol. Go back to digging the back of your shorts out.
jetpilot Wrote:Always took you for a panties wearer nut!
Probably orange and black to hide his stains. Lol.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:My panties are just fine , stop crying and making excuses

You said in one quote that no team is 100% after so many games then go on to say don’t make any excuses. So which do you want the excuse that no one is at 100% or no excuses. You might need to straighten out your panties so we no how to reply.
Congrats on the win. Great game, with a lot on the line. Hopefully next few games more players will be getting more playing time and build on the depth. Time to get healthy and get in playoff mode.