Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 33 Hazard 27
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final. What a game!
Sounded like a wonderful game!!!

Congratulations Pikeville.
Sounded like a fantastic game, Hazard is legit.

Congrats Panthers on the Big Win!!
Way to bounce back Panthers! Nice road win to get back on track.
Sounded like big plays killed the bulldogs. Was an awesome game to listen to.
Like I said...this one means nothing and it’s very hard to beat a good team twice
Panthers were at home.
Congrats to Panthers.
looks like the east is a horse race outside of any injuries.
Listened to this game on the radio. WOW, congrats Pikeville!
Congratulations to the Panthers on the win
After listening to this game, got to agree that Hazard is the real deal. Bulldawgs will be a tough out for anyone in the East with the way they're playing now. Congrats to my Panthers on the win. This game seemed like two heavyweights pounding it out, and answering each other with score for score.
Panthers have no problem scoring, but on D, some ''maintenance work'' needs to be performed, jmo. Still proud of them for hanging tough, and blowing up Blair's pass on 4th down in their last drive of the game with around 60 sec. left in the game. Go Panthers !!!
Until pikeville starts playing for the name on the front of their jersey instead of the back they will NOT see this season through.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Like I said...this one means nothing and it’s very hard to beat a good team twice

I agree it is hard to beat a good team twice
TopGun Wrote:Until pikeville starts playing for the name on the front of their jersey instead of the back they will NOT see this season through.
Care to explain that?
This season for the Panthers is starting to eerily feel similar to the 2014 Panthers when for some reason they feel like they can just show up and teams will cower in fear.....well guess what Hazard whipped them up and down the field up front. Pikeville seems to have no hunger anymore, just appear to be going thru the motions. Unless they find that proverbial Eye of the Tiger, look for an early exit in the playoffs and a disappointing season that had high hopes.....We shall see......Time to get back to work and get that chip back on your shoulder like they had last year about mid November..... if they can’t find more energy and passion than they had tonight, think 2014 Paintsville Tiger beat down ..... Mark it down!!! Prove me wrong not so young Panthers
I have to agree with Micro-Brew, they aren’t playing with any energy. They play a good series and then look awful. Poor tackling and bad reads on defense still happening. I have been up very critical of the defense this year but tonight the offense lack execution. There were times the defense looked pretty good but then went the other direction the next series. I don’t want to take any credit away from Hazard they made plays on both sides of the ball. Pikeville’s offense played their best game at Point Pleasant they have played all year at least that’s my opinion. They better get back there if they are going to have a chance to advance in the playoffs. That’s one reason in my first post I only congratulated them to upset to say any more. None of these players should be proud of their performance tonight. They know they can play better and I do too. Yes they won but that’s all I can say about it,but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Way to go Panthers!
TopGun Wrote:Until pikeville starts playing for the name on the front of their jersey instead of the back they will NOT see this season through.

Lexington bound.
Also, for Pikeville, the QB can’t be the only threat in the run game. I feel they are lacking and need someone to step up and more running plays called.
Micro-Brew Wrote:This season for the Panthers is starting to eerily feel similar to the 2014 Panthers when for some reason they feel like they can just show up and teams will cower in fear.....well guess what Hazard whipped them up and down the field up front. Pikeville seems to have no hunger anymore, just appear to be going thru the motions. Unless they find that proverbial Eye of the Tiger, look for an early exit in the playoffs and a disappointing season that had high hopes.....We shall see......Time to get back to work and get that chip back on your shoulder like they had last year about mid November..... if they can’t find more energy and passion than they had tonight, think 2014 Paintsville Tiger beat down ..... Mark it down!!! Prove me wrong not so young Panthers

comical.
I’ve watched a few Pikeville games this year and they have completely just about bailed on using there depth. To many good kids standing on that sideline. They need to go back to rotating on both offensive and defensive lines.

I saw to evenly matched teams tonight. The team with the least turnovers won it.

These two teams played hard and left it on the field.
Hazard is being overlooked.
Great game! I can't wait until the rematch!
I had a feeling this one would be close. The reason why is simple...Familiarity. These 2 programs have battled out who will represent The Mountains in the State Title game since our grandparents were toddlers. These 2 Coaches have battled each other for 20 years. These 2 groups of kids have played each other in every sport since 3rd grade. When you are that familiar with each other. It’s really hard for one to surprise the other. Going into the game, most folks knew that Hazard had the superior size and Pikeville had the superior speed. BOTH of those facts were on display tonight for all to see. Pikeville couldn’t stop Hazards power run game consistently. Hazard couldn’t stop Pikeville consistently once they reached the 2nd level of Hazards Defense. Both teams left some big plays on the field. As in every closely matched football game since the beginning of time, this game came down to turnovers and penalties. Penalties were a wash, both teams had some costly ones. Pikeville jumped offsides on a couple of 3rd and shorts that prolonged Hazard drives. Hazards 2 big ones were the unsportsmanlike like called in end zone after their first score and a false start on the final drive that put them behind the sticks. Ultimately this game came down to 2 plays. Both made defensively by Christian Billiter. One very early in the game and one very late. Both were very impressive to me for different reasons. The Pick Six he got at the beginning of the game impressed me with our entire defensive unit being able to “Get offensive” and make some key blocks down field. That enabled Christian to be able to get in the open field and do what he does. The 2nd was the 4th down pass breakup he made late in the game near the goal line. If he plays that ball any differently, it’s either a TD for Hazard or a PI call that extends the drive. Instead of trying to be the hero and going for the pick or trying to be too aggressive and land the knockout blow as he would in years past. He simply went over the top of the receiver and knocked the ball down. This, to me were the 2 plays that made the difference in the game. I’m going to go out on a limb and say this will not be the last time these 2 meet this season. I’m also going to predict that it will be another close one with either team being able to win it. One last prediction that will make me look like Nostradamus...that game will come down to turnovers and penalties as well...It’s Pikeville/Hazard and history teaches me to expect nothing less. Congrats to Coach Mac and My Panthers on the win. And as always...HAIL PIKEVILLE!!! 😜
bac2369 Wrote:I’ve watched a few Pikeville games this year and they have completely just about bailed on using there depth. To many good kids standing on that sideline. They need to go back to rotating on both offensive and defensive lines.

I saw to evenly matched teams tonight. The team with the least turnovers won it.

Exactly. And it’s not to be critical of he staff, but depth is what has enabled their offense to go up and down the field and the defense to bend but not break (mostly). They have to get these guys breathers when and where they can.

But we won and on to the off week. Much needed, like any team in this point of the season. Redirect focus, heal some nicks and dings up, new scheme installs, etc. they will be fine. Veteran staff that knows what they’re doing. Not doubting the effort of these young men at all. Go Panthers! Great game, Hazard!
bac2369 Wrote:I’ve watched a few Pikeville games this year and they have completely just about bailed on using there depth. To many good kids standing on that sideline. They need to go back to rotating on both offensive and defensive lines.

Exactly. And it’s not to be critical of he staff, but depth is what has enabled their offense to go up and down the field and the defense to bend but not break (mostly). They have to get these guys breathers when and where they can.

But we won and on to the off week. Much needed, like any team in this point of the season. Redirect focus, heal some nicks and dings up, new scheme installs, etc. they will be fine. Veteran staff that knows what they’re doing. Not doubting the effort of these young men at all. Go Panthers! Great game, Hazard!
Micro-Brew Wrote:This season for the Panthers is starting to eerily feel similar to the 2014 Panthers when for some reason they feel like they can just show up and teams will cower in fear.....well guess what Hazard whipped them up and down the field up front. Pikeville seems to have no hunger anymore, just appear to be going thru the motions. Unless they find that proverbial Eye of the Tiger, look for an early exit in the playoffs and a disappointing season that had high hopes.....We shall see......Time to get back to work and get that chip back on your shoulder like they had last year about mid November..... if they can’t find more energy and passion than they had tonight, think 2014 Paintsville Tiger beat down ..... Mark it down!!! Prove me wrong not so young Panthers

Dang boys..they just played three games in a row that would take the breath and fight out of any team.Give them a min to get their feet back under them guys

That's for sure. hate to see a loser in a game like this.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Hazard is being overlooked.

I don't think Hazard is ever overlooked. They are a favorite every year.
Pages: 1 2