•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin vs Mayfield @ Austin Peay Univ.
Coach Zac was sharing with me Corbin schedule for 2019-2020. I don’t believe it is legit🤷🏽*♂️ Could someone from Corbin post it?
dt812005 Wrote:Well hope thats not the case. MF played as awful as they could last year against Corbin and was still right there in the fourth. Having alot of kids return from that team I like our chances. Corbin made a whole video on YouTube after they beat Mayfield like that was their state championship. Reminds me of when marshall county beat Mayfield in 03 in the regular season and had shirts made to celebrate the win. Smh
I wouldn't flatter myself too much as Corbin produces a video after EVERY game, win or lose, for facebook and youtube.
Craze JACKET man Wrote:JMO, in the state of Kentucky football, you can take classification off teams. Beechwood and Mayfield are as good as anyone in state, just like my school can’t compete in 1A and North Laurel can’t beat 2A. In Kentucky you have really good to great programs and then you have BAD programs

Beechwood and Mayfield are not as good as anyone in the state. The Covington Catholic game proves the gap between classes. I'm just saying that Corbin would be better off sacrificing a couple losses to superior teams, than to schedule 1a and 2a powers for the sake of saying they beat them. I can't think of a powerhouse team in 4A-6A that wouldn't schedule Corbin just do to the fact the amount of fans they would bring.
dt812005 Wrote:Well hope thats not the case. MF played as awful as they could last year against Corbin and was still right there in the fourth. Having alot of kids return from that team I like our chances. Corbin made a whole video on YouTube after they beat Mayfield like that was their state championship. Reminds me of when marshall county beat Mayfield in 03 in the regular season and had shirts made to celebrate the win. Smh
Wow dude. You’re really clueless. And I mean that in the best way possible. Aside from your excuses, CORBIN MAKES A VIDEO AFTER EVERY GAME. WIN OR LOSE. We couldn’t care less about mayfield hahahah. The fact that you think we made a video just for mayfield and that you’ll “wear” us down when we have no 2 way starters tells me everything I need to know. Made a video just for beating mayfield hahahahah. As you stated, “SMH” hahah
Mayfield has given up 103 points this year, which is more than I expected. They play Tilghman, Caldwell, Graves, Hopkinsville, Union City and McCracken, so there is really not hot competition for them in WKy. If Corbin can stop Mayfield's short passing game, they can win. Doing that is not as easy as it sounds because the quick release negates the pass rush. This is not the strongest Mayfield defense I have seen. Toss up for me. Sorry I will miss it due to a conflict.
Tica Wrote:Mayfield has given up 103 points this year, which is more than I expected. They play Tilghman, Caldwell, Graves, Hopkinsville, Union City and McCracken, so there is really not hot competition for them in WKy. If Corbin can stop Mayfield's short passing game, they can win. Doing that is not as easy as it sounds because the quick release negates the pass rush. This is not the strongest Mayfield defense I have seen. Toss up for me. Sorry I will miss it due to a conflict.

That’s a pretty solid analysis. I was worried about the same thing with beechwood. The short passes and slants with the speed they have. I think mayfield will do a better job with the short game as you said. I’d say it’s about even or maybe a little in beechwoods favor as far as mid and long passes from what I’ve watched. I’m with you though. I think it’s a toss up. As I said, if we had our top WR I’d be pretty confident. But we don’t. Hopefully the bye week helped us a little. We shall see. Either way it’ll be a good game. But this game isn’t our goal, like someone stated haha. We’d like to win but it’s not a win all or lose all situation.
:howdy::howdy::howdy: Mysonis55 and Killbilly usmc .......I’m backkkkkkkkkk Confusedmoke:
Mayfield 34 Corbin 28
Tica Wrote:Mayfield has given up 103 points this year, which is more than I expected. They play Tilghman, Caldwell, Graves, Hopkinsville, Union City and McCracken, so there is really not hot competition for them in WKy. If Corbin can stop Mayfield's short passing game, they can win. Doing that is not as easy as it sounds because the quick release negates the pass rush. This is not the strongest Mayfield defense I have seen. Toss up for me. Sorry I will miss it due to a conflict.

I think the defense is playing somewhat better but this will be their biggest test until deep into the playoffs. Stinson is not the same QB that Corbin saw last year , he is much more accurate and throws with more power. Corbin will be hardnosed and this will be a challenge and will help both teams but I really don't think Corbin can take all of Mayfield's weapons away to win this game.
Look for Corbin to showcase inew offensive weapon this week. Mayfield fans will know it when they see it. Corbin fans already knows it...... A super star will be turn loose. :runtouchd

Corbin 42
Mayfield 24
Mayfield has a great team but so does Corbin. Didn't realize Corbin was missing their "goto WR", that'll hurt. But if you stop the quick throws you beat Mayfield. If Corbin can stop the run/quick passes, they win. If they can't and/or get beat over the top they will lose. Because with/without their best WR, Corbin is going to score enough to win IMO.

If we were off this Friday, I'd take this game in. Good luck to both teams and I hope both stay/get healthy.
Mysonis55 this will be mayfield toughest game of the year including 2a state championship finals. :truestory:
64SUR Wrote:Mysonis55 this will be mayfield toughest game of the year including 2a state championship finals. :truestory:

I think they win them both:truestory:
64SUR Wrote:Look for Corbin to showcase inew offensive weapon this week. Mayfield fans will know it when they see it. Corbin fans already knows it...... A super star will be turn loose. :runtouchd

Corbin 42
Mayfield 24

Don’t worry, mayfield will be watching for Corbin trying trick plays.
Mayfield wins 31-21
Hounds by 1. Hounds overall speed will be good matchup for Mayfield short game.
rookie57 Wrote:Don’t worry, mayfield will be watching for Corbin trying trick plays.

Hope y’all keep watching all night. when you see it you will know it. It’s coming :mop:
Hounds will be fine. Anytime you are without a go to receiver it’s gonna hurt. But, we are a great team. We will score on their Defense. And I don’t make many questions about ours. We are pretty dang tuff. 28-14
64SUR Wrote:Hope y’all keep watching all night. when you see it you will know it. It’s coming :mop:

We will, and your gonna need them so make sure you bring your whole bag.
I love the trash talk between these two. The winner will be whoever wins the turnover battle. Both teams are so good. I'd expect this game to come down to one or two big plays. If I was betting, I'd put my money on Mayfield. They are fast, fast, fast and that usually plays a big factor in this type of game.
I borrowed the Delorian. I went 1 week into the future. 64 was crying again.

The score is:
MHS 51
CHS 29
IMO the only way you can really move the ball well on Corbin is with a gigantic front, and an absolutely amazing running back, or backfield, with crazy strength and speed to boot. In passing, and coverage is 100% Corbin's strong suit, the only way you are gonna score consistently is just to have incredible athletes at the receiver spots. Schemes, even with great routes, schemes against zone, great manbeaters...it won't work with Corbin unless you out athlete them. IMO, under 6A 2 teams maybe come to mind, and that is Boyle (with the athletes at the WR spot, plus a great running back), and then maybe Belfry i Belfry has that big time running back (which they usually have a couple). Central definitely gave Corbin fits, but still Corbin was able to beat them in the end (last year). Boyle had the athletes, plus the coaching to capitalize with it... Mayfield has coaching, and usually has good athletes, are they good enough, and do the have enough? With Corbin you're talking about a 90 man roster, with probably 45+ kids who can really, really play
smoke1015 Wrote:IMO the only way you can really move the ball well on Corbin is with a gigantic front, and an absolutely amazing running back, or backfield, with crazy strength and speed to boot. In passing, and coverage is 100% Corbin's strong suit, the only way you are gonna score consistently is just to have incredible athletes at the receiver spots. Schemes, even with great routes, schemes against zone, great manbeaters...it won't work with Corbin unless you out athlete them. IMO, under 6A 2 teams maybe come to mind, and that is Boyle (with the athletes at the WR spot, plus a great running back), and then maybe Belfry i Belfry has that big time running back (which they usually have a couple). Central definitely gave Corbin fits, but still Corbin was able to beat them in the end (last year). Boyle had the athletes, plus the coaching to capitalize with it...

You are about to see those amazing receivers. I think I have stated on here before, this very well could be the best offense Mayfield has had ever. That means even better than 2010. Watch the game, you will be pleasantly surprised.
I agree Mayfield has a great mid range game but you guys better watch the film again on us and the deep ball Cade Neelt D Perry and Conner guthree along with 4 or 5 others can go deep and talking about a great running back we have one in Ken Trae Matthrws if u stop the pass he will shred u if u stop the run we pass u to death so its pick your posion either way doesnt matter to us.
By the way what offense and defense does ZCorbin run are they a spread team or what and what kind of d do they rum whos their best back besides Estep who is really a stud qb.
Corbin 35 MF 28 in a classic good luck to both teams

Corbin has a videographer who makes a video after every game. Follow Dustyn Sams visions on Facebook to see them. The mayfield game was a big win. Any team should be proud to beat mayfield, but it was hardly the “Super Bowl” for the hounds. Just like it is hardly the “Super Bowl” this season. It will be a great game between two great programs. I can’t wait!
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Corbin has a videographer who makes a video after every game. Follow Dustyn Sams visions on Facebook to see them. The mayfield game was a big win. Any team should be proud to beat mayfield, but it was hardly the “Super Bowl” for the hounds. Just like it is hardly the “Super Bowl” this season. It will be a great game between two great programs. I can’t wait!

Didn’t see any videos after the games in 15 or 16. Was he sick and couldn’t make the game then?
64SUR Wrote::howdy::howdy::howdy: Mysonis55 and Killbilly usmc .......I’m backkkkkkkkkk Confusedmoke:

mysonis55 Wrote:I borrowed the Delorian. I went 1 week into the future. 64 was crying again.

The score is:
MHS 51
CHS 29

Confusednicker:
mysonis55 Wrote:Didn’t see any videos after the games in 15 or 16. Was he sick and couldn’t make the game then?
Probably because in '15 and '16 he was a member of the football team and played significant minutes during those games. It would look kinda odd to come off the field and pick up a camera and start recording don't ya think?
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next