Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin vs Mayfield @ Austin Peay Univ.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
It's time to get this one started.. Who you got?

As a preliminary, kudos to both of these teams for making this game happen for the 4th consecutive year.. It's not often you see teams on opposite ends of the state step up and out of there comfort zones like these 2 have. But, then again, that's why these 2 are typically right in the hunt for a state title..
Corbin 35-14 over the mediocre birds.
Mayfield 42-21. Corbin gets exposed.
I going with Hound05’s redhounds not that he knows anything about football, hahahaha. Corbin 28 to Mayfield 24
Man what a game! Like I said in another thread, I wish that some of these high profile games like this one could be played on Saturday's so that some of us big high school football nuts could attend them and not have to miss our boys playing on Friday nights. But anyway, I'm going with the Hounds in this one. Mayfield is an excellent program but like I've said before, I have a strong gut feeling that this is the Hounds year to hoist the trophy. For the past couple of years they've got closer and closer. I think they finally reach the top this year. Of course being from Belfry and my son playing there I hope they dont but I'm not the type to not give my honest opinion and I will always post exactly what I think. Anyway, I think it's going to be about a mid scoring game with Corbin winning by 10-14 points. I said earlier in the year that I dont see Corbin losing a game on their schedule this year and I still don't. Going to be a great game! Hoping for a hard fought, injury free game.

Corbin. 38
Mayfield 24
Snakesnot Wrote:Mayfield 42-21. Corbin gets exposed.
:Clap:
Snakesnot Wrote:Mayfield 42-21. Corbin gets exposed.
I heard one of their coaches was already exposed.lol
If we had our WR for this game i would confidently say we would win by 10-12. But with him out I really don’t know?? I’ve said for the past month we’d lose one of these two games, MF or Beechwood. We’ve got 1/2 of it locked up. Losing our WR hurts. But hopefully we can overcome it. It’s hard to win a game like this without our Homerun guy. One of those kids you can just throw it up to and he’s gonna come down with a majority of those “50/50” balls.

MF does play a lot like beechwood in my opinion, offensively anyways. A lot of the same sets. Kinda that 60/40 run pass offense. We held our own against it and actually had it shut down for the longest time. If we weren’t coming off a bye week I’d be really worried. But we are so I’m not as bad. I still think there’s a high chance we could lose this one. But with all of that said, I’m going with my hounds by 6!!!
The question I've had about Mayfield is the defense. We should find out the answer in this game.
I think this will be a slugfest. I could see this one being a defensive battle for the first three quarters and then breaking open a little in the fourth quarter. I think Corbin wins by 4.
Corbin 28
Mayfield 24
Mayfield does a lot of short passes that end up big gains and although I love their staff I just think Corbin has more "dudes". Both teams do have a lot of pride and fight in them.

I'll say:

Hounds - 27
Cards - 20
Hound05 Wrote:If we had our WR for this game i would confidently say we would win by 10-12. But with him out I really don’t know?? I’ve said for the past month we’d lose one of these two games, MF or Beechwood. We’ve got 1/2 of it locked up. Losing our WR hurts. But hopefully we can overcome it. It’s hard to win a game like this without our Homerun guy. One of those kids you can just throw it up to and he’s gonna come down with a majority of those “50/50” balls.

MF does play a lot like beechwood in my opinion, offensively anyways. A lot of the same sets. Kinda that 60/40 run pass offense. We held our own against it and actually had it shut down for the longest time. If we weren’t coming off a bye week I’d be really worried. But we are so I’m not as bad. I still think there’s a high chance we could lose this one. But with all of that said, I’m going with my hounds by 6!!!

Can I ride the bus to watch Corbin get beat?
pjdoug Wrote:Can I ride the bus to watch Corbin get beat?

SMH! He's back!!! Lol
Mayfield 27 - Corbin 21 in a knock down drag out
#55PirateFan Wrote:SMH! He's back!!! Lol

I like a good road trip.
#55PirateFan Wrote:SMH! He's back!!! Lol

He ain't back you would have to leave to be back. It seems like pj is always lurking 24/7 on this board anytime there are 2 good teams playing. It's like being in the woods at camp crystal lake. You know Jason Voorhees is there and about to attack question is when. Wish someone would put that troll picture of him up again typing away on his computer in his mother's basement.
I think this is a toss up.
Cal Preps has Mayfield by 2. All of these games have been close, this one will be no different.
I don't like or understand these past two games for Corbin. Corbin obviously has a legit title shot this year, last year, and years to come, so why play these 1A and 2A powerhouses? If I was scheduling for Corbin I'd be setting up games with Cov Cath, Bowling Green, Scott County, Alcoa every year, and games that help Corbin. Playing Beechwood and Mayfield only helps Beechwood and Mayfield in my opinion.
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:I don't like or understand these past two games for Corbin. Corbin obviously has a legit title shot this year, last year, and years to come, so why play these 1A and 2A powerhouses? If I was scheduling for Corbin I'd be setting up games with Cov Cath, Bowling Green, Scott County, Alcoa every year, and games that help Corbin. Playing Beechwood and Mayfield only helps Beechwood and Mayfield in my opinion.

Maybe so. But I wonder if Corbin has any control over this? Maybe the teams you mentioned may not want to schedule them. You think this may have anything to do with it? Not trying to be a smart a$$ about it. Honest question. I do disagree however with you saying Beechwood and Mayfield doesn't help Corbin. I think these teams are two of the best in the state. They would help anybody to get better, win or lose to them. But it is a good question that maybe one of the Corbin faithfuls might can answer.
killbilly usmc Wrote:He ain't back you would have to leave to be back. It seems like pj is always lurking 24/7 on this board anytime there are 2 good teams playing. It's like being in the woods at camp crystal lake. You know Jason Voorhees is there and about to attack question is when. Wish someone would put that troll picture of him up again typing away on his computer in his mother's basement.

Lol! You got a good point.
From what I saw of Corbin, IF Mayfield wins, hand them the 2A title immediately after the game...IMO Corbin takes this one by a TD. Their WR being out will hurt them, but their defense is top 10 in the state of Kentucky, maybe top 6 or 7.
Cant wait! Best game of the schedule for Mayfield. I think the Cards when by a touchdown. 7 man reciever rotation mixed with a platoon rotation of the offensive and defensive line, I'd say we'll wear the hounds down.
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:I don't like or understand these past two games for Corbin. Corbin obviously has a legit title shot this year, last year, and years to come, so why play these 1A and 2A powerhouses? If I was scheduling for Corbin I'd be setting up games with Cov Cath, Bowling Green, Scott County, Alcoa every year, and games that help Corbin. Playing Beechwood and Mayfield only helps Beechwood and Mayfield in my opinion.
Come on now, Corbin has a nice program but to say this about Beechwood and Mayfield is absurd. All BG , Scott Co and Cov Cath is gonna do to u is hurt your feelings.
JMO, in the state of Kentucky football, you can take classification off teams. Beechwood and Mayfield are as good as anyone in state, just like my school can’t compete in 1A and North Laurel can’t beat 2A. In Kentucky you have really good to great programs and then you have BAD programs
pjdoug Wrote:Corbin 35-14 over the mediocre birds.

You’ve been exposed as a mediocre poster.
pjdoug Wrote:Can I ride the bus to watch Corbin get beat?

Nah Corbin don’t have short buses
dt812005 Wrote:Cant wait! Best game of the schedule for Mayfield. I think the Cards when by a touchdown. 7 man reciever rotation mixed with a platoon rotation of the offensive and defensive line, I'd say we'll wear the hounds down.

Haha. Then you don’t know much about us. Mayfield might win, but it won’t be because of their rotation or “wearing us down”
JerryGarcia Wrote:Come on now, Corbin has a nice program but to say this about Beechwood and Mayfield is absurd. All BG , Scott Co and Cov Cath is gonna do to u is hurt your feelings.

Whoa whoa whoaaa!!!! DO NOT LUMP THIS GUY IN WITH OUR FAN BASE!!!
Hound05 Wrote:Whoa whoa whoaaa!!!! DO NOT LUMP THIS GUY IN WITH OUR FAN BASE!!!

Well hope thats not the case. MF played as awful as they could last year against Corbin and was still right there in the fourth. Having alot of kids return from that team I like our chances. Corbin made a whole video on YouTube after they beat Mayfield like that was their state championship. Reminds me of when marshall county beat Mayfield in 03 in the regular season and had shirts made to celebrate the win. Smh
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25