Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recruiting in highschool
pjdoug Wrote:Yeah, Belfry and Corbin fans almost every time. Not many other fan bases get so defensive.

Where is that barbeque from dougie? I need some of that.:Thumbs:
It depends on what people mean by 'recruiting'.

Promising a kid or their parent compensation, whether it's money, a job, a car, a position or even just playing time is absolutely wrong. It doesn't matter whether it's the coach, a school admin, a parent or an alumni or if they imply something instead of promising it outright. It's still wrong and should always be reported.

On the other hand, if a school puts up a billboard that says 'Our athletics and academics are great! Parents, consider sending your kids here!' and this leads to kids wanting to go to that school, whether it is within their school district or not, is fine. People should have a choice in where they go to school, whatever their reasons.

The former is bribery and the latter is just good marketing, but I have heard both referred to as 'recruiting'.
pjdoug Wrote:You brown nose the ones that condone it. lol

jealous?
pjdoug Wrote:Yeah, Belfry and Corbin fans almost every time. Not many other fan bases get so defensive.

Not many other fan bases are envied and accused of it constantly hahah. Or they do recruit and still can’t do anything. I.e. Whitley county 👎🏻👎🏻
Hound05 Wrote:Oh that’s original and who didn’t see that coming??? It’s not recruiting when YOUR team blows and the kids want to leave hahah������

It is if adults talk them into it and I'm actually for kids transferring under the right circumstances for example the whole family moving and its an actual move not some web of lies where people start feeling sorry for them. It's the lies and trying to cheat the system that is wrong in my book. Btw stealing a teams best players shouldn't be something you brag about, typical corbin its why your always brought up when stuff like this is mentioned
Hound05 Wrote:Oh that’s original and who didn’t see that coming??? It’s not recruiting when YOUR team blows and the kids want to leave hahah������

pjdoug Wrote:I agree with "letting" them if they live in that district. I don't agree with "encouraging" a kid to come play for you in a different school district.

Exactly
CarzyRock Wrote:It depends on what people mean by 'recruiting'.

Promising a kid or their parent compensation, whether it's money, a job, a car, a position or even just playing time is absolutely wrong. It doesn't matter whether it's the coach, a school admin, a parent or an alumni or if they imply something instead of promising it outright. It's still wrong and should always be reported.

On the other hand, if a school puts up a billboard that says 'Our athletics and academics are great! Parents, consider sending your kids here!' and this leads to kids wanting to go to that school, whether it is within their school district or not, is fine. People should have a choice in where they go to school, whatever their reasons.

The former is bribery and the latter is just good marketing, but I have heard both referred to as 'recruiting'.

Marketing? Your talking about public school systems correct? Your either in that district or your not right?

I typically don’t say anything unless someone else brings Corbin up first. Like in this instance. I find it funny that you never see programs like Belfry and Corbin complaining when they have a kid transfer. It’s always the second their programs that worry about the ones that got away.
The thing is that all these kids play travel baseball and basketball with so many other kids from other schools when they are young that they become friends so as they get older some tend to find there way in to transferring to continue to play ball together as they get older the days of the School name on the front of the jersey is taking on a little less meaning
jetpilot Wrote:Where is that barbeque from dougie? I need some of that.:Thumbs:

I smoked the Boston Butt in my smoker all night while I slept with my homemade rub on it then I made Carolina Mustard Sauce and Maple Bourbon Barbecue Sauce to put on it . I thinly sliced a sweet onion and soaked in buttermilk then dipped in flour and fried the onion strings to put on top of the sandwiches Smile
Granny Bear Wrote:jealous?

Yeah, I'm jealous of your brown nose. :lolrage:
Hound05 Wrote:Not many other fan bases are envied and accused of it constantly hahah. Or they do recruit and still can’t do anything. I.e. Whitley county 👎🏻👎🏻

laughing uncontrollably @ envied. :hilarious:
Single Wing 77 Wrote:I typically don’t say anything unless someone else brings Corbin up first. Like in this instance. I find it funny that you never see programs like Belfry and Corbin complaining when they have a kid transfer. It’s always the second their programs that worry about the ones that got away.

That would be like Alabama complaining because they lost a backup kicker to Kentucky.
blueandgreen Wrote:Marketing? Your talking about public school systems correct? Your either in that district or your not right?
Some of these people are so delusional and win at all cost that they think it is college. lol
BuckeyeRam Wrote:The thing is that all these kids play travel baseball and basketball with so many other kids from other schools when they are young that they become friends so as they get older some tend to find there way in to transferring to continue to play ball together as they get older the days of the School name on the front of the jersey is taking on a little less meaning

bull butter, horse hockey, malarkey, etc. etc. etc.
It happens frequently. I don’t really have a problem with it at all. I’ll never understand why some schools deny it so adamantly though. Own it and move on.
pjdoug Wrote:That would be like Alabama complaining because they lost a backup kicker to Kentucky.

Good comparison. Spot on! I wish I could make that my signature on here. Doug saying corbin and Belfry are like Alabama. Only problem with that analogy is Kentucky isn’t like Whitley. Now if mark stoops recruits his son and plays him over a 5* kid then yea.
blueandgreen Wrote:Marketing? Your talking about public school systems correct? Your either in that district or your not right?

Actually, I was thinking about Trinity and other private schools. They don't have a guaranteed student base, and most do some advertising around Louisville to attract students. I've heard a few people call that 'recruiting' because the school promotes itself.

Although, Jefferson County Public Schools do have open enrollment. I doubt those schools buy advertisements, but I'm sure word-of-mouth gets around and people choose schools based on more factors than just the district.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:The better question is should a kid stay in a terrible situation. Should a kid stay in a place where he is going to get under coached and over used? Should a kid stay somewhere that he’ll never get a fair chance to play? If it is truly about the kids, and to me it is, then let them play in the situation that best suits them. The problem is that most of the people on this site, and those at a lot of the programs that like to throw recruiting accusations, don’t have the best interests of the kids at heart.

Since when was High School recruiting about the kids? Its about the parents.
Granny Bear Wrote:There are regulations in place by the KHSAA that strictly forbid recruiting kids for their athletic ability. Now, either KHSAA starts fairly enforcing that regulation, or change it. Simple as that!! IMO, KHSAA has looked the other way depending on their contacts, for certain schools.

I am against recruiting. I think it dilutes school pride and encourages the "win at any and all cost" way of thinking.

Soon, there will be kids brought into the area that can't even speak English.

:eyeroll:

Interesting to go after the KHSAA on this topic. When in fact every time they do rule a player ineligible, the courts overturn the ruling. So is the KHSAA really the issue here?
Lol
plantmanky Wrote:Since when was High School recruiting about the kids? Its about the parents.

plantmanky Wrote:Interesting to go after the KHSAA on this topic. When in fact every time they do rule a player ineligible, the courts overturn the ruling. So is the KHSAA really the issue here?

KHSAA and courts equally incompetent and corrupt political bodies.
plantmanky Wrote:Interesting to go after the KHSAA on this topic. When in fact every time they do rule a player ineligible, the courts overturn the ruling. So is the KHSAA really the issue here?

Hey, I'm not going after anybody. I mentioned the KHSAA because it's THEIR regulation.

The real issue is the biased shown by more than just one or two entities.
Hound05 Wrote:Good comparison. Spot on! I wish I could make that my signature on here. Doug saying corbin and Belfry are like Alabama. Only problem with that analogy is Kentucky isn’t like Whitley. Now if mark stoops recruits his son and plays him over a 5* kid then yea.
It was a perfect analogy. Kentucky is exactly like Whitley County.
plantmanky Wrote:since when was high school recruiting about the kids? Its about the parents.

10-4.
jetpilot Wrote:KHSAA and courts equally incompetent and corrupt political bodies.

You got that right.
Granny Bear Wrote:Hey, I'm not going after anybody. I mentioned the KHSAA because it's THEIR regulation.

The real issue is the biased shown by more than just one or two entities.

I'm going after everybody. lol
I am in the camp that says a kid should be able to go where they want to go. I know others disagree with this, some of those being people that I respect on here. But in my opinion if a school system wants to keep their kids in district, then they should present a positive reason for those kids to stay in their own district. If the district stinks at athletics, academics or the kid just doesn't wish to go to that school for personal reasons, then they should be allowed to move to a better opportunity that will give them a better chance to succeed......in life. I live in Garrard County and sent my kids to Rockcastle County. My reasons were personal ones at the time, but, my boys excelled at Rockcastle County in academics AND sports. They might have done as well at Garrard County, but, the track they took worked out nicely for them and we have no regrets for the extra travel/commute.
pjdoug Wrote:I'm going after everybody. lol

If you are going after everybody Dougie, then just throw a double handful of that mess in your picture at them. That ought to do it.:biggrin:
pjdoug Wrote:I smoked the Boston Butt in my smoker all night while I slept with my homemade rub on it then I made Carolina Mustard Sauce and Maple Bourbon Barbecue Sauce to put on it . I thinly sliced a sweet onion and soaked in buttermilk then dipped in flour and fried the onion strings to put on top of the sandwiches Smile

My eyes and taste buds say yes please but my heart says I quit if you do it! That looks totally awesome and I have to learn how to do it. I can fast for 6 days if I can have all I want of that 1 day a week lol...