Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Recruiting in highschool
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
What are your thoughts on recruiting highschool players? Does this help programs more than it damages them. What should khsaa do to prevent this or should they look away?
Ask the Corbin fans they should be able to answer from experience
Let the kid go where they want to go...if the parent is willing to move or A.D.’s approve the transfer then let it fly!
I live in Martin County and we have a high school coach from another county recruiting our 5th graders!! He has built his program with a good, steady stream of our players!! I think it’s crazy that the parents at the local high schools allow it to happen🤷🏼*♂️
Oh boy!!! another recruiting thread!!! Gimme a break!!! The lack of actual football analysis on this site amazes me!!
blueandgreen Wrote:Ask the Corbin fans they should be able to answer from experience

Oh that’s original and who didn’t see that coming??? It’s not recruiting when YOUR team blows and the kids want to leave hahah😂😂😂
Hound05 Wrote:Oh that’s original and who didn’t see that coming??? It’s not recruiting when YOUR team blows and the kids want to leave hahah😂😂😂
Exactly...I have always found out the better team you have the more you get accused of recruiting...FAKE NEWS!!!
When you live in a county that has one high school, it's hard to regularly compete with surrounding counties that have multiple high schools due to the fact kids jumping around from season to season loading up at one school. Khsaa has just turn the back on the issue. If you live out side of that schools district should not be eligible to play for that school.
So do you think the khsaa is trying to support the programs or the players?
Question is. Is it about the kids and what they can do and look good or is it about the schools and their leadership looking bad. I say don’t hurt the kids on the field. Let them contribute and win. It only helps them, they are the one giving up free time and sweating 365 days a year while dreaming about a college scholarship and/or playing in a big game.
deagle16 Wrote:What are your thoughts on recruiting highschool players? Does this help programs more than it damages them. What should khsaa do to prevent this or should they look away?
scum recruits in high school. the ones that do it should be punished severely and caned in public :ChairHit::ChairHit:
bucslover68 Wrote:Oh boy!!! another recruiting thread!!! Gimme a break!!! The lack of actual football analysis on this site amazes me!!

Nobody is on salary so you shouldn't expect ESPN.
Hound05 Wrote:Oh that’s original and who didn’t see that coming??? It’s not recruiting when YOUR team blows and the kids want to leave hahah😂😂😂

I guess the kid couldn't possibly leave because daddy got a "job" :biggrin:
pjdoug Wrote:scum recruits in high school. the ones that do it should be punished severely and caned in public :ChairHit::ChairHit:

Do you know of anyone who recruits?
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:When you live in a county that has one high school, it's hard to regularly compete with surrounding counties that have multiple high schools due to the fact kids jumping around from season to season loading up at one school. Khsaa has just turn the back on the issue. If you live out side of that schools district should not be eligible to play for that school.

You got that right. KHSAA has favorites same as NCAA. both worthless organizations.
Ehh it’s not a big deal unless $ or other benefits are involved.

It’s going to happen no use in complaining about it.
deagle16 Wrote:Do you know of anyone who recruits?

Confusedtare: Confusednicker:
Cardinals ride Wrote:I live in Martin County and we have a high school coach from another county recruiting our 5th graders!! He has built his program with a good, steady stream of our players!! I think it’s crazy that the parents at the local high schools allow it to happen🤷🏼*♂️
surely not. lol. I wonder who started this thread Smile
The better question is should a kid stay in a terrible situation. Should a kid stay in a place where he is going to get under coached and over used? Should a kid stay somewhere that he’ll never get a fair chance to play? If it is truly about the kids, and to me it is, then let them play in the situation that best suits them. The problem is that most of the people on this site, and those at a lot of the programs that like to throw recruiting accusations, don’t have the best interests of the kids at heart.
If a kid and his family want to transfer for whatever reason, it should be allowed as long as there is a legal change of address to that school district.

Any other means used in a transfer should not be allowed IMO.
I think there is a big difference in a kid wanting to go to another school and an adult from another school enticing teenage boys to gain an advantage. If a kid chooses to leave a school on his own then that's his decision. If an adult is filling his head with how program x is better than y and how program x will do so much more for you then that is wrong and usually a lie, their best interest is no longer in you its what you can do for them. We all know what happens to kids who are caught in the recruiting mix, what happens to the adults directly responsible for a kid losing a year of eligibility?
I agree, no coach contact with kids should be allowed.
There are regulations in place by the KHSAA that strictly forbid recruiting kids for their athletic ability. Now, either KHSAA starts fairly enforcing that regulation, or change it. Simple as that!! IMO, KHSAA has looked the other way depending on their contacts, for certain schools.

I am against recruiting. I think it dilutes school pride and encourages the "win at any and all cost" way of thinking.

Soon, there will be kids brought into the area that can't even speak English.

:eyeroll:
bucslover68 Wrote:Oh boy!!! another recruiting thread!!! Gimme a break!!! The lack of actual football analysis on this site amazes me!!

You can count on Belfry fans being first to get nervous and defensive whenever recruiting is mentioned!:biggrin:
Single Wing 77 Wrote:The better question is should a kid stay in a terrible situation. Should a kid stay in a place where he is going to get under coached and over used? Should a kid stay somewhere that he’ll never get a fair chance to play? If it is truly about the kids, and to me it is, then let them play in the situation that best suits them. The problem is that most of the people on this site, and those at a lot of the programs that like to throw recruiting accusations, don’t have the best interests of the kids at heart.

I agree with "letting" them if they live in that district. I don't agree with "encouraging" a kid to come play for you in a different school district.
FoSho Wrote:If a kid and his family want to transfer for whatever reason, it should be allowed as long as there is a legal change of address to that school district.

Any other means used in a transfer should not be allowed IMO.
I agree 100 %. of course a kid should be allowed to transfer if his parents move to that school district and it's legal, but we all know that's not always the case.
Kywarrior14 Wrote:I think there is a big difference in a kid wanting to go to another school and an adult from another school enticing teenage boys to gain an advantage. If a kid chooses to leave a school on his own then that's his decision. If an adult is filling his head with how program x is better than y and how program x will do so much more for you then that is wrong and usually a lie, their best interest is no longer in you its what you can do for them. We all know what happens to kids who are caught in the recruiting mix, what happens to the adults directly responsible for a kid losing a year of eligibility?

That's what I don't like. The sneaky snakes slithering around whispering and trying to recruit through other people.
pjdoug Wrote:I agree with "letting" them if they live in that district. I don't agree with "encouraging" a kid to come play for you in a different school district.

I don’t disagree with anything you said.
jetpilot Wrote:You can count on Belfry fans being first to get nervous and defensive whenever recruiting is mentioned!:biggrin:
Yeah, Belfry and Corbin fans almost every time. Not many other fan bases get so defensive.
Granny Bear Wrote:There are regulations in place by the KHSAA that strictly forbid recruiting kids for their athletic ability. Now, either KHSAA starts fairly enforcing that regulation, or change it. Simple as that!! IMO, KHSAA has looked the other way depending on their contacts, for certain schools.

I am against recruiting. I think it dilutes school pride and encourages the "win at any and all cost" way of thinking.

Soon, there will be kids brought into the area that can't even speak English.

:eyeroll:

You brown nose the ones that condone it. lol
Pages: 1 2 3 4