•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 2018
Pikeville had an opening last year which I think Leslie County had the same opening day and but I think their staff wants to have that extra week of practice because it’s beywe the Belfry and Hazard game.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:nothing angry on my end....go back and read my post. In fact, I paid your program several compliments.

Didn’t mean to imply you were personally angry. That was a reference to Belfrys colors. I appreciate the compliments and the respect for Belfry is mutual. Just pointing that your original post was inaccurate.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Didn’t mean to imply you were personally angry. That was a reference to Belfrys colors. I appreciate the compliments and the respect for Belfry is mutual. Just pointing that your original post was inaccurate.

While my original post may not be accurate regarding YOUR personal feelings.....It’s fairly obvious that my post rings true towards other Panther fans. Not just fans on this board....but others throughout the area. Granted, I’m sure there are plenty just like you that appreciate the game for what it is....a good game for both programs to get the juices flowing. In the grand scheme of things...other than local bragging rights....it doesn’t mean much. However....it does appear the many see it for much, much more. Just sayin’
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:While my original post may not be accurate regarding YOUR personal feelings.....It’s fairly obvious that my post rings true towards other Panther fans. Not just fans on this board....but others throughout the area. Granted, I’m sure there are plenty just like you that appreciate the game for what it is....a good game for both programs to get the juices flowing. In the grand scheme of things...other than local bragging rights....it doesn’t mean much. However....it does appear the many see it for much, much more. Just sayin’

Me and the Outlaw agree on rivals a lot and agree with some of what you say this time. In the grand scheme of things it doesn’t mean much but we all know that the Pikeville players would love to beat Belfry. Plus Belfry can’t stand to get beat by Pikeville. Just like in 2014 that’s all I heard over here and I do live in Belfry. The same year Pikeville had a big let down and I believe it came from that win. It seemed like they lost their intense desire to go out and execute like they did it that game. I may be wrong but that is my opinion don’t want to make anyone mad but my opinion. Jet and the rest of these Pikeville faithful have been watching Pikeville long before me. But with all this said I hope that when they play both teams come out injury free and the game helps both teams get better for the playoffs the goals that really matter and as usual GO PANTHERS!!!
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:While my original post may not be accurate regarding YOUR personal feelings.....It’s fairly obvious that my post rings true towards other Panther fans. Not just fans on this board....but others throughout the area. Granted, I’m sure there are plenty just like you that appreciate the game for what it is....a good game for both programs to get the juices flowing. In the grand scheme of things...other than local bragging rights....it doesn’t mean much. However....it does appear the many see it for much, much more. Just sayin’
Sure you have some “crackpots” in any fan base, I’m pretty sure Belfry has their share. But I’d be willing to bet the vast majority sees “The Big Picture”
It's a great rivalry with respect from both sides but neither fan base thinks it's their Super Bowl...
jetpilot Wrote:It's a great rivalry with respect from both sides but neither fan base thinks it's their Super Bowl...

Coming from the poster who hangs on to that win in 2014 like grim death 😂😂😂. Hey....it’s all good.....just getting everyone ready for September 👍🏼
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Sure you have some “crackpots” in any fan base, I’m pretty sure Belfry has their share. But I’d be willing to bet the vast majority sees “The Big Picture”

We definitely have our share 😂😂😂. No argument from me on that point👍🏼👍🏼
As far as the Belfry game goes. As of now its not either teams Super Bowl. I enjoy the game but what I enjoy most is Belfry will show the teams weak area. Playing a team as good as Belfry will show what changes need/has to be made to improve. Video does not lie. Playing teams equal to or less than yourself will not help you get better. The loss and changes made after the Belfry game in 2015 went a long way to Pikeville winning the 2015 Class A championship. And yes, if Pikeville plays well and executes their game plan they can beat Belfry. Also I agree with another poster, Pikeville is gaining momentum and closing the gap with Belfry. The program is in good shape and look for more gains with the new facility.
On another rant, I cannot believe it is that hard for a Class A team to find football games in Ky, not along eastern Ky. Teams in the area need to step up and Play Pikeville and if not as good, learn from the game and see your weak area. Too many teams in our area want to play the easiest schedule and win more games than get better and compete in playoffs
SPORTS FAN 101 Wrote:As far as the Belfry game goes. As of now its not either teams Super Bowl. I enjoy the game but what I enjoy most is Belfry will show the teams weak area. Playing a team as good as Belfry will show what changes need/has to be made to improve. Video does not lie. Playing teams equal to or less than yourself will not help you get better. The loss and changes made after the Belfry game in 2015 went a long way to Pikeville winning the 2015 Class A championship. And yes, if Pikeville plays well and executes their game plan they can beat Belfry. Also I agree with another poster, Pikeville is gaining momentum and closing the gap with Belfry. The program is in good shape and look for more gains with the new facility.
On another rant, I cannot believe it is that hard for a Class A team to find football games in Ky, not along eastern Ky. Teams in the area need to step up and Play Pikeville and if not as good, learn from the game and see your weak area. Too many teams in our area want to play the easiest schedule and win more games than get better and compete in playoffs
Not gonna be popular with this comment, but here goes nothing. You know why they wanna play the easiest schedule? Because like you said they can rack up wins and then when they get beat in the playoffs, it’s always “they cheat”. Or “the refs cheated us” or “they recruit”. And they use that to keep their fan base from saying “well what does it take to beat them? Hey, maybe it’s the coach being afraid to develop players”. Belfry and Pikeville have put up with this “recruiters” and “cheaters” or “rich boys school”, etc. I’ve heard them all. That’s why they won’t play us. Sometimes they won’t even play Paintsville or Hazard for the very same reason.

I don’t wanna hear it either. 99% of the people who complain KNOW I’m right. But they don’t want to throw away that crutch. My advice? They need to focus on developing their feeder programs (Little leagues), junior high, etc and don’t be scared to play.
PHSForever Wrote:Not gonna be popular with this comment, but here goes nothing. You know why they wanna play the easiest schedule? Because like you said they can rack up wins and then when they get beat in the playoffs, it’s always “they cheat”. Or “the refs cheated us” or “they recruit”. And they use that to keep their fan base from saying “well what does it take to beat them? Hey, maybe it’s the coach being afraid to develop players”. Belfry and Pikeville have put up with this “recruiters” and “cheaters” or “rich boys school”, etc. I’ve heard them all. That’s why they won’t play us. Sometimes they won’t even play Paintsville or Hazard for the very same reason.

I don’t wanna hear it either. 99% of the people who complain KNOW I’m right. But they don’t want to throw away that crutch. My advice? They need to focus on developing their feeder programs (Little leagues), junior high, etc and don’t be scared to play.
I agree with every syllable of this post!
Another reason the 4 class system would benefit schools. Play 5-6 district games and filling a 10 game schedule becomes much simpler.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Another reason the 4 class system would benefit schools. Play 5-6 district games and filling a 10 game schedule becomes much simpler.
Totally agree. I see that Belfry, etc will be a SIX team District in 2019
jetpilot Wrote:It's a great rivalry with respect from both sides but neither fan base thinks it's their Super Bowl...

Agree. never did look at it as a "super bowl" for Pikeville. Always looked at it as an opportunity for the Panthers to make adjustments and correct weaknesses in it's game plan. Belfry has always been notorious for exposing those things to so many football teams. It's been great however, when the Panthers do win against the Pirates. Going to be a great season. HAIL PIKEVILLE !!
Could someone post a schedule for PHS? Thanks!
E's Army Wrote:Should be big favorite in the East. As good as they were last year I look for them to take a big step forward.

I agree. Panthers should take that big step forward this yr. Exciting to think that would be Kroger Field. The big four out of the east (Pikeville, Paintsville, Raceland, and Hazard), either one of these teams could very well face Beechwood out of the West. Right now, Beechwood looks to be the favorite from that part of the state. No doubt, the Tigers will be looking, and looking very hard to go out with another 1-a trophy to add to their case before moving to 2-a. Whoever meets them in the finals are going to have a fight on their hands for sure. If it is Beechwood that makes it there, I wish whoever comes out of the East the best of luck. Having said that, i'm pulling for another Pikeville/ Beechwood contest with the Panthers bringing the trophy back to the mountains. HAIL PIKEVILLE !!
I just wish Pikeville could get a full schedule in regular season, have Jet or anyone else heard anything else about the schedule?
Patriot1 Wrote:I just wish Pikeville could get a full schedule in regular season, have Jet or anyone else heard anything else about the schedule?
I’ve not heard anything at this point. I’d rather have the schedule set in stone at this point but it is what it is. Frustrating.
Looks like the old pikeville putty tats will be back on racelands regular season schedule next year.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Looks like the old pikeville putty tats will be back on racelands regular season schedule next year.
2019 yes. Good luck to the Ams, praying for an injury free season for everyone. 2018 looks exciting in the east.
Can’t wait for those putty cats to get after those RAMS and also good luck to all the mountain teams going to be a interesting year. Hope for injury free year for all but GO PANTHERS!!!
Is this the correct schedule for Pikeville?
PIKEVILLE
17-Aug-18 A HOLY CROSS (COVINGTON)
25-Aug-18 H LEXINGTON CHRISTIAN (PIKE CO BOWL)
31-Aug-18
7-Sep-18 H PAINTSVILLE
14-Sep-18 H BELFRY
21-Sep-18
28-Sep-18 H HAZARD
5-Oct-18 H CALLOWAY COUNTY
12-Oct-18 A PHELPS
19-Oct-18 A GRUNDY, VA
26-Oct-18 H TOLSIA
jgrlzz Wrote:Is this the correct schedule for Pikeville?
PIKEVILLE
17-Aug-18 A HOLY CROSS (COVINGTON)
25-Aug-18 H LEXINGTON CHRISTIAN (PIKE CO BOWL)
31-Aug-18
7-Sep-18 H PAINTSVILLE
14-Sep-18 H BELFRY
21-Sep-18
28-Sep-18 H HAZARD
5-Oct-18 H CALLOWAY COUNTY
12-Oct-18 A PHELPS
19-Oct-18 A GRUNDY, VA
26-Oct-18 H TOLSIA
Calloway County backed out so take them off. Rest looks basically correct.
We're what, 78 days out from kickoff ? August 17th will be here before you know it. Man, I can't wait ! Football in the mountains can't get here soon enough for me. Wishing all teams good luck, an injury free season, and a championship trophy coming back to the mountains for the Panthers.
HAIL PIKEVILLE !!
According to WVTailgateCentral,
“Point Pleasant, WV has found a 9th game of the season.
Will play Pikeville, KY on September 21st”. Location of the game
was not posted yet though...
MCMiner247 Wrote:According to WVTailgateCentral,
“Point Pleasant, WV has found a 9th game of the season.
Will play Pikeville, KY on September 21st”. Location of the game
was not posted yet though...

Just confirmed ,game is AT Point Pleasant.
According to the WVSSAC web site, it looks like PT. Pleasant participates in 2-A classification, which is equivalent to what in KY., 3-A ? From what I can tell, they finished ranked at # 7. Looking at some video, their offense looks similar to the Panthers. So looking forward to Pikeville football this season.
I agree PHS Dynasty, they where 9-3 last year and Played the Miners tough but it was the first game of the year. Seems like this is going to be a competitive game for the Panthers and will really help for the end of the season to get ready for play offs. Can’t wait for it to get rolling and know these Panthers can’t either. They have been putting in the work, going to be a great year for 1A football and as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Patriot1 Wrote:I agree PHS Dynasty, they where 9-3 last year and Played the Miners tough but it was the first game of the year. Seems like this is going to be a competitive game for the Panthers and will really help for the end of the season to get ready for play offs. Can’t wait for it to get rolling and know these Panthers can’t either. They have been putting in the work, going to be a great year for 1A football and as always GO PANTHERS!!!

I think their loss to the Miners was by two points. The other two losses came to Bluefield by a large margin in both games, but losing to a WV power like Bluefield should be taken into consideration. Your right Patriot, this should be a good find for the Panthers, and will only prepare them for the post season. Looking over the schedule, it looks like it's going to be very competitive.
Really looking forward to seeing what this Pikeville team can do the next two seasons

Last year was a masterful job of coaching by Coach Mac and really showed his chops. He took his lumps early but had a solid team come November.

I think they get at least one Finals appearance the next two years.
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next