•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 2018
Lots of excitement surrounding the Panther fan base right now. The end of the season was disappointing but with the facility upgrades, how hard they’re going in the off season program, etc, there are reasons for the optimism. But I can tell y’all this, the boys are just focused on each day getting themselves better than they were the day before. Quite a bit of maturity being shown, and they are dialed in with a laser focus. Can’t wait for the season to get here!
I think people need to tap the breaks on comparing next seasons team to the 1987 Pikeville team. The Panthers should be loaded next season and for the foreseeable future and who knows Pikeville Football may go on a run like they did in the late 80s but those late 80s team were very very good. The 1987 Pikeville team is I'm sure the last time a Class A team was arguably the best overall high school football team in the Commonwealth of Kentucky and that is a feat that will never happen again.
PHSFAN Wrote:I think people need to tap the breaks on comparing next seasons team to the 1987 Pikeville team. The Panthers should be loaded next season and for the foreseeable future and who knows Pikeville Football may go on a run like they did in the late 80s but those late 80s team were very very good. The 1987 Pikeville team is I'm sure the last time a Class A team was arguably the best overall high school football team in the Commonwealth of Kentucky and that is a feat that will never happen again.

The Pikeville teams of 87-89 would compare to any 3 year run there has been in Kentucky. This was with 4 classes and the only the district winners and runners up going to the playoffs.

With the new alignment in 2019 and Beechwood moving to 2A they will own 1A similar to what Belfry did in 3A from 2012 thru 2016.
20 weeks until football starts can’t wait to see the maroon brothers get at it, love these PANTHERS!!!!!!
Does anyone know their schedule?
jgrlzz Wrote:Does anyone know their schedule?
Same as last year, just reverse the locations.
Have they picked up a 10th game for either August 31st or September 21st?
jgrlzz Wrote:Have they picked up a 10th game for either August 31st or September 21st?
As of now, no.
jgrlzz Wrote:Have they picked up a 10th game for either August 31st or September 21st?

Picked up Glouster Trimble (OH)
Gargamel Wrote:Picked up Glouster Trimble (OH)
Home or Away?
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Home or Away?

I hope it’s home that’s a long way to travel but with all the home games the have it will probably be away. But whichever if I stay healthy I will be there
Gargamel Wrote:Picked up Glouster Trimble (OH)
Really good pickup based on what I can find. Similar in size to Pikeville and Paintsville. Found an article where they’re trying to raise $750k to fix their stadium, which was deemed unsafe, will be moving their scoreboard to install temporary seating. If that’s the case, I’d say Pikeville May be traveling. Thanks for the update, first I had heard of this pickup.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Home or Away?

Away
Arbiter has Trimble playing a conference game on August 31st and a team from Cincinnati on September 21st.
Is it State Title or bust for Pikeville fans this year? Or making it out of the East considered a success?
A VA team. A WV team. An OH team. A Lexington team. A W Ky team. A N Ky team. Belfry, Hazard and Paintsville. I like it, going to be a lot of fun and very exciting.
Edit: And an improving county and district rival Phelps.
2000PHS Wrote:Is it State Title or bust for Pikeville fans this year? Or making it out of the East considered a success?

Making it out of the East would be a big deal but a championship is the goal. I'm sure Paintsville Raceland and Hazard fans feel the same way.
jetpilot Wrote:A VA team. A WV team. An OH team. A Lexington team. A W Ky team. A N Ky team. Belfry, Hazard and Paintsville. I like it, going to be a lot of fun and very exciting.

You want to be ready to play for a state title? Play this schedule. Will see about every style of offense and player out there. Good deal for Pikeville. I think they are in Lexington in December and may not truly be challenged in the playoffs (less than 2 scores).
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:You want to be ready to play for a state title? Play this schedule. Will see about every style of offense and player out there. Good deal for Pikeville. I think they are in Lexington in December and may not truly be challenged in the playoffs (less than 2 scores).

Love your optimism Wildcat, but they will be challenged all the other 3 teams mentioned are going to be very good. I feel if the work hard an avoid any bad injuries they can but it’s up to them. Just can’t wait to get started and they can’t either, they have high expectations,too. I bet Hazard, Paintsville and Raceland do also. We will see going to be a great year for football in this region next year.
jetpilot Wrote:A VA team. A WV team. An OH team. A Lexington team. A W Ky team. A N Ky team. Belfry, Hazard and Paintsville. I like it, going to be a lot of fun and very exciting.
Completely agree. Never let it be said Pikeville is afraid to just line up and play em. Love the variety this will expose them to. Calloway County has a new football coach (former Mayfield coach), and that unknown will make it interesting. Glouster Trimble is a very solid ball club based on what I read about them. Grundy will be Grundy, physically tough and challenging. Covington Holy Cross should be improved as well, as they were very young last year. Lexington Christian just reloads, same as Belfry, Paintsville, and Hazard. Phelps will continue to improve. Jones has enough time with his players and system now that they will continue showing that improvement. Loving the idea of watching them be challenged each week.
I really hope Pikeville does bring it home again next year and has the talent to make a big run. Next year will be the toughest year to do it though, Beechwood is still in Class A. Does anyone know what they lose from graduation this year? Pikeville should be a favored against all of Class A this year except MAYBE Beechwood. Those two seem to be on a collision course, not sure we have heard this before.

After this year, I believe the east will become the power. Newport Central Catholic has not competed with Beechwood the last few years. Not saying they will not win a state title or two but they will not walk through the class like Beechwood has. Would love to see someone else in the west rise up and have a new face in the single A state championship. Hopefully the next few years delivers more state titles for Pikeville and Belfry. Johnson Central should be favored to win 4A next year, and one of the favorites after that. Prestonsburg got the greatest draw of all with 2A becoming weak throughout their region. Could be a lot of fun to watch, not just mountain football but the 15th region football over the next few years. Paintsville and Hazard will also be right there with Pikeville at the top of the polls.
Lets not forget though, the last, idk 4 or 5 years. Everyone has picked the the "preseason favorite" outnof the east to be on a "collision course" with Beechwood. All of the top 5 (year in and out) in the east, have had the title of THE team in the east. We have all eaten our crow those years lol. But, i think that is a GREAT thing. Much more fun to be on the side of the bracket thats not essentially just all for show. Seeing a darkhorse or atleast a semi-longshot make it the last few years has been awsome. Last year was more proof of that than any other year, imo. That anything can happen in late november in EKY.

Pikeville is still my preseason number 1 in the east, just based on what they return. But i dont see any of the top 5 being any more than a 3-6 point favorite or underdog. Injuries will again be a big factor this year.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Lets not forget though, the last, idk 4 or 5 years. Everyone has picked the the "preseason favorite" outnof the east to be on a "collision course" with Beechwood. All of the top 5 (year in and out) in the east, have had the title of THE team in the east. We have all eaten our crow those years lol. But, i think that is a GREAT thing. Much more fun to be on the side of the bracket thats not essentially just all for show. Seeing a darkhorse or atleast a semi-longshot make it the last few years has been awsome. Last year was more proof of that than any other year, imo. That anything can happen in late november in EKY.

Pikeville is still my preseason number 1 in the east, just based on what they return. But i dont see any of the top 5 being any more than a 3-6 point favorite or underdog. Injuries will again be a big factor this year.

I agree being pick pre-season #1 don’t mean nothing, it’s what you do during the season. I think you have 4 preseasons #1 in the east and everyone knows who the are. The team that works harder and makes the fewest mistakes comes out of the east and like you said Scotty has the least injuries will be the one that represents the east. Going to be a great season can’t hardly wait but good luck to all these young man and pray for no season ending injuries like Hazard had last year and probably some more I don’t know or remember. But go Panthers!!!!
Pikeville will be 0-2 against Paintsville.
CA3 Wrote:Pikeville will be 0-2 against Paintsville.

Your right CA3 they are 0-2 against in the last 2 years but wait until after the game before we declare them winners this year. I was hoping they would have meet again last year in the playoffs but the Rams from Raceland took care of that. We will wait until that game is played before anyone wins it and then will let the numbers fall where they may.
Ahhh, you just enjoy being click bait now. Lol. Trolling Pikeville fans on basketball and football threads. It will be a fun season and we will just play the games one at a time.
I think CA3 is in way over his or her head which ever they are
bball_fan Wrote:I really hope Pikeville does bring it home again next year and has the talent to make a big run. Next year will be the toughest year to do it though, Beechwood is still in Class A. Does anyone know what they lose from graduation this year? Pikeville should be a favored against all of Class A this year except MAYBE Beechwood. Those two seem to be on a collision course, not sure we have heard this before.

After this year, I believe the east will become the power. Newport Central Catholic has not competed with Beechwood the last few years. Not saying they will not win a state title or two but they will not walk through the class like Beechwood has. Would love to see someone else in the west rise up and have a new face in the single A state championship. Hopefully the next few years delivers more state titles for Pikeville and Belfry. Johnson Central should be favored to win 4A next year, and one of the favorites after that. Prestonsburg got the greatest draw of all with 2A becoming weak throughout their region. Could be a lot of fun to watch, not just mountain football but the 15th region football over the next few years. Paintsville and Hazard will also be right there with Pikeville at the top of the polls.
A

Bring all your money to the game.:please:
Can Hazard be a threat to Pikeville in the district? Does Hazard have the horses to compete with the panthers?
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next