Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just for fun, is this 6 class system broke?
cj2561 Wrote:no one care about what Ohio is doing. if you want to be a IFO, then stay in Ohio.

If you don't want to be in the fun thread, go away and don't be in the fun thread. I can't stay in Ohio I live close to the Tennessee border, you know in Kentucky, pretty far from Ohio.
This is why can't ever have nice things.....
6 classes is too many and it has watered down several classes in my opinion.

Go back to 4 classes!!

It won't happen and it's been debated for decades but have the private schools compete for a private school state championship.
I think that 1A and 6A should be much smaller. Make the cut off in 1A 160 and the cut off in 6A 800. This would put the smallest school in each class within about 50% of the largest school. Each of those classes would have about 20 schools. Do 4 districts. Divide the remainder amongst the other 4 classes. It would make each of the other 4 classes stronger. It would eliminate many of the blow outs in the first round. Winless teams would not make the playoff. There would be less number discrepancy in 1A and 6A. Schools could elect to play up. Do a rotating game amongst teams in cross district in the region would help with scheduling. No more 4 team districts. 2A thru 5A additional district games would make scheduling much easier.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:This is going to sound blasphemous to many, but oh well....

Not everybody is capable to compete for a state title every year. Hell, most never have been capable of playing for a state title every year, aren't and never will be.

I'm a traditionalist in a lot of ways when it comes to this sport; one of which being that this great sport of ours is MEANT TO BE PLAYED IN THE FALL. The actual fall; not what we THINK fall is.

College season starts Labor Day weekend; the NFL starts the week after that (2nd weekend of September). I think high school football should follow suit (and, it does...IN SEVERAL Mid-Atlantic to Northeastern states....Labor Day weekend and/or the week after with the NFL).

"But, if we do that FLD then the seasons will end much later in December when the weather gets bad and also impinge on the start of basketball season, so that won't ever work!"

Wrong.

Take ONLY the district champion. Yes. I said it.....take ONLY the district champion.

**Before anybody points it out; I fully realize that Raceland and Johnson Central were the 2 seed in their districts; true. BUT, the other TEN finalists & ALL 6 Champions were DISTRICT CHAMPIONS**

There is something about playing into November that I just love. It resonates with me. It FEELS like football. Playing THREE games BEFORE the END of August however & sometimes 5-6 games (half and/or more) BEFORE the OFFICIAL start of FALL? That never has & to be quite honest; it never will.

Playing in November though? The leaves have all fallen off the trees; the clocks have been turned back.....practicing under the lights (if only for a week)? That's football. That's when, of all other times throughout the year, it just FEELS RIGHT.

Take ONLY the District Champs; two rounds of playoffs and then the state finals (staying on the 1st weekend of December like it is now and like it's been for the last TWENTY-FIVE or THIRTY YEARS- Many think playing this late into the year is something new; it's not).

"But what about those 2, 3, 4 seeds that deserve to play?!? You're cheating them!"

No I'm not....guess what they get to do? Take a trip back in time like it used to be in this state (even back in the 50's and 60's) & like it STILL IS in some Mid-Atlantic & NorthEastern States.....they get to play a THANKSGIVING DAY (Weekend Game).

Pick out an area rival similar to you, hell maybe even a rival...maybe even somebody you've played once already in the year and PLAY.

The regular season ends; we all know who is in and who isn't...schedule away. You have a bye week (1st round of the playoffs for others) then play the following (2nd round which would be Thanksgiving weekend).

"So the school's that DON'T get to make the playoffs get to play on Thanksgiving/Black Friday , but the District Champs that lose in the 1st round don't get to? That's not fair!" WRONG. Those schools also get to play a Thanksgiving Day/Black Friday. After that First round game; we know who is playing on and who isn't.....go scheduling OR DON'T. That's your choice.

Think about it.....Take Bell County and Whitley County for example; two 13th Region Schools...both SIMILAR in size....NEITHER of which won their district this year. Tell me that it wouldn't be COOL AS HELL for them to kick things off at 11:00am on Thanksgiving morning!!?? Or maybe even Black Friday morning?

Didn't get into the playoffs? So what...you're chances of winning it all were slim as is (don't ask me; check the overwhelming facts year in year out).

Using this years calendar.

Option 1
-11 week season like now allowing a bye; Starting Labor Day weekend (9/1)
- the last week of the regular season being 11/10/17.
- 1st Round 11/17 (Region Finals)
- 2nd Round 11/24 (Black Friday-Semifinals & also Thanksgiving Day games for others not competing for state finals)
- State Finals 12/1-2-3

Option 2
- 10 week season with NO BYE starting NFL opening weekend 9/8
- Everything else staying the same as Option 1.

I'm telling you it wouldn't. lol
Rip/Spin Wrote:I would like to see the public schools go back to 4 classes and then divide the private schools into 2 classes. I have never liked the idea of a school who can offer scholarships and cherry pick their players, playing for a championship against teams who don't have that luxury. Just my opinion, not that it matters.

You have the right idea.
I like four classes better.
How many private schools play football and who are they? I only counted 13 but I’ve always thought there were 16.
From what I have heard that Bell County will possible go to 2A or just stay with 3A.

If Bell County does stay 3A and Corbin goes up to 4A Bell County district will be this:

1. Bell County
2. Casey County
3. Jackson County
4. McCreary Central
5. Knott County Central or Clay County (I have heard both of them)

Don''t know if this will end up being the district but we will see when they officially comes out with the districts