Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County 40 Corbin 21 (3A State Championship)
Leader Wrote:I won't sleep all night. I hope we go to 4A. Boyle is just too good. We need to move. HOUNDS got several bad calls I was told.

Not really bad calls. I questioned the possible TD catch for Corbin, and an immediate huge hit that dislodged the ball. I'm not sure if the Corbin kid had the ball over the plane, or if it was just shy of the goal. Not sure it was a controlled catch. That one might have been a bad call, tough to say. And possibly Corbin getting an interception that one ref said was an INT, and then he was overruled (I hate that crap). But it would have only changed the score by a little. Corbin simply couldn't stop Boyle. The yardage advantage was double for Boyle over Corbin, and a lot of Corbin's yards was from penalties as well. Game was pretty physical at times, especially the secondaries vs receivers. Corbin DB's couldn't hang with Reece Smith at all. He is special. Estep for Corbin is special as well though.
I'd have to see that play again to give my opinion. When I saw it I thought it was a 50/50 type. Its all about wether he made what they call a football move to establish possession. If he secured it took a couple steps before getting it knocked out it's a fumble. If he didnt, and it was knocked out before that its incomplete, and he would have had to go to the ground, and complete it. People get confused, because you always hear ground can't cause a fumble, that's true on a run play, but on a pass play you must establish possession before ball comes out before its considered a fumble. If the receiver didn't esttablish possession incomplete. On this play I would have to see it again, but since there is no replay no way a ref could go back, and review to make sure. I originally thought it was incomplete, but it was so close I can't say for sure. Those are the type plays that makes me Glad I'm not an official. When its bang bang like that you are going to be wrong in half the fans eyes. Glad someone cleared up the interception hitting the ground cause I thought it was intercepted by corbin, but hard to tell on this small tablet.
If someone has that play to post I'd love to see it again. I was hoping they would replay it like they did every other big play, but they didn't. Hard to judge seeing it in real time just once.
Either way, that was a nice play by that corner (or linebacker), I can't remember which now, to dislodget that ball. One of the biggest hits I'd seen put on a receiver this year. Corbin had a good DB hit on a Boyle kid later in the game, driving right through his stomach. Boyle is losing most of their O line, but man these guys are scary considering their skill kid's ages. That junior running back that came in late in the game was good enough to start for MOST teams in 3A football.
My issue with the play in question the referee who would make that call let it play on for the additional 10 seconds and scramble for ball and then signaled TD after Corbin recovered. No whistle was ever blown. Then official comes in and rules incomplete After the play had resumed. If he thought it was incomplete why not blow a whistle?
Watching it on tv the receiver was well short of the goal line when he fumbled and the ball was actually recovered by Boyle county in the end zone so corbin got a favorable call by the pass being incomplete.
Congrats Boyle County. I was hoping Corbin could pull it out, but the Rebels were the better team.
Congrats to Boyle. Corbin, Good luck in 4A next Season!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Leader Wrote:No way Corbin coaching staff got out coached. Dream on. We have to much experience. We got riped

:hilarious:

I detect sarcasm. :1:
Hound05 Wrote:Boyle was definitely the better team tonight. I don’t know if it would have changed the out come or not?? But those “calls” and “missed calls I.e. TD” took the wind right out of us. You give us that TD right before the half, THAT was a TD and the. Opening up in the 2nd half we ran the kick back, we would have been down 5 points I believe?? (Those refs have got me a bothered up) not saying at all we would have won. But I think it killed our momentum and desire we had. I’m not making excuses, BOYLE WAS THE BETTER TEAM TONIGHT. But those bad calls by the refs killed us in more plays than the direct ones they effected, is a fact. Boyle won the battle up front all night. That was the key. QB never really had much pressure, eventually someone was gonna be open. The counter trey was big for them too! We put our guys where they were supposed to be but the cut back was always there. Oh well, still thought it was a great game! Once again congrats to boyle!!! They’re the Champs. But the Hounds played and had an OUTSTANDING season, nothing to hang you head on at all!!! 99% of the teams I’m ky would love to have just been where they were tonight. The best part about this is, while I hate to lose any kid. We bring back a whole lot of starters. 25 juniors. The future is bright for the redhounds

Actually if the TD is called, and from my view on the screen should have been, it would have cut Boyle’s lead to 6 at half.

But in the second half Boyle once again took the ball down the field and scored to go to 33 points so that would have pushed it back to 13 hypothetically.

The problem is Boyle was just that better vs Corbin’s Defense. I don’t see anyway Corbin scores 41 points to win. And FWIW, Boyle would have scored again on their final possession if they hadn’t taken a knee to run the clock out.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:My issue with the play in question the referee who would make that call let it play on for the additional 10 seconds and scramble for ball and then signaled TD after Corbin recovered. No whistle was ever blown. Then official comes in and rules incomplete After the play had resumed. If he thought it was incomplete why not blow a whistle?

I thought the same thing. :Thumbs:
TIGERZ Wrote:Watching it on tv the receiver was well short of the goal line when he fumbled and the ball was actually recovered by Boyle county in the end zone so corbin got a favorable call by the pass being incomplete.

I thought a Corbin kid recovered in the scramble.
BelfryPride Wrote:Congrats to Boyle. Corbin, Good luck in 4A next Season!

Reclassification is for 2019 I believe.
Rebel55 Wrote:Just got back from the game and not read the entire thread yet but Lanter got MVP (Soph. quarterback)

Thanks for clearing that up. My bad. I’m not a VIP like you 55! :biglmao:
Hatz Wrote:That's why I think they will just reload.

But then so will Boyle but I think next year the Rebels have to face Belfry in their side of the floating bracket.

I'm sure the Rebels will look forward to the challenge.

Boyle & Belfry if they meet next year would be one would like to see. Chuck Smith versus Phillip Haywood arguably top two coaches in state going at it would be worth a trip.
doubledown Wrote:Boyle & Belfry if they meet next year would be one would like to see. Chuck Smith versus Phillip Haywood arguably top two coaches in state going at it would be worth a trip.

I think you'll get your wish. I think they will play for the region championship next year.
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:Corbin needs to get out of 3A if they can. Boyle is young and is about to go on one of those runs again. Belfry and Central will only get better as well. Unless Boyle or someone moves up too 4A is really weak.

If you think 4A is easier than Corbin’s road to the finals you are lost. They played one game to get there.
I didn't watch the game, but I did get constant updates from someone who was there.

It just seemed to me that Boyle could score quickly and much easier than Corbin.

Corbin would struggle and move the ball slowly, but you have to give them credit for their effort and for never giving up!!
Here we go , didn’t take long for the we got screwed to come out. You got your butt kick is what you got. You could have looked up and saw them hang 50 on you. Ball on 2 at end and two missed x point. You had a great season and have a great team. Hell, just learn how to be great fans.
Hatz Wrote:I thought a Corbin kid recovered in the scramble.

You and me both. And now that someone mentioned it they did let the play go on. I initially thought incomplete, but was tricked into thinking they where going to call it a fumble since they let it play on. Then they came in and called uncompleted.
I agree that Boyle was better, there was no doubt in my mind, but got to give credit to Corbin they where resiliant, and I thought they where going to get back in the game till they where turned over on downs. That was the difference Boyle moved the ball at will, Corbin struggled most of the night, but when they would move it they couldn't punch it in in the red zone. Yes Corbin fans really shouldn't say much about refs, especially after the way they crucified some posters who brought up refs in some of there wins.
Corbin was no match for Boyle, and they didn’t help themselves either... Never seen a team so dedicated to swings and screens when they were obviously not working... thought they should’ve used the wheel more than they did... Also did not understand why they went back to passing in the red-zone on the drive that they overthrew a wide open WR around the 5 and got bailed out when the DB dropped the pick... next play the big fella runs it up the gut for 10 yards while dragging defenders for 5 of them... let the big dog eat... 3rd and goal from the 6 and they threw a pass 3 yards behind the LOS which obviously did not work... another thing I thought was odd was when they cut the lead from 19 to 13 after the kick return, why would they not go for 3 there? Could’ve cut it to 11 rather than 12... anyone who understands football should’ve realized that they could’ve gotten the conversion which would’ve allowed a FG to cut it to 8 (one score game)... even if they failed on the conversion, it didn’t change the fact that 2 TDs would’ve taken the lead... coaches gotta be on top of that... Did Corbi have an argument on a couple of plays? Probably.... would’ve seen 2 challenges by Corbin if those were allowed in high school... Congrats to Boyle, the obvious champion... Their line opened up huge holes and no one could man up with 15... no way I would’ve manned up against him without a free safety over the top
Wildcat45 Wrote:Corbin was no match for Boyle, and they didn’t help themselves either... Never seen a team so dedicated to swings and screens when they were obviously not working... thought they should’ve used the wheel more than they did... Also did not understand why they went back to passing in the red-zone on the drive that they overthrew a wide open WR around the 5 and got bailed out when the DB dropped the pick... next play the big fella runs it up the gut for 10 yards while dragging defenders for 5 of them... let the big dog eat... 3rd and goal from the 6 and they threw a pass 3 yards behind the LOS which obviously did not work... another thing I thought was odd was when they cut the lead from 19 to 13 after the kick return, why would they not go for 3 there? Could’ve cut it to 11 rather than 12... anyone who understands football should’ve realized that they could’ve gotten the conversion which would’ve allowed a FG to cut it to 8 (one score game)... even if they failed on the conversion, it didn’t change the fact that 2 TDs would’ve taken the lead... coaches gotta be on top of that... Did Corbi have an argument on a couple of plays? Probably.... would’ve seen 2 challenges by Corbin if those were allowed in high school... Congrats to Boyle, the obvious champion... Their line opened up huge holes and no one could man up with 15... no way I would’ve manned up against him without a free safety over the top

Good analysis.

Does Corbin not have a reliable FG Kicker? Turned down at least 6 points there.

I too wondered why they didn't try to run more in the Red Zone but to be honest Corbin got a few good running plays but for most of the night they couldn't run vs Boyle's Defense. Take away one long run of 41 yards by Estep and Corbin rushed for 78 yards on 22 carries. Not a very good average.

Thought Corbin played hard throughout the game, just could not keep up with Boyle's offense.
Wow! I don't think I've ever been so wrong. Boyle county has a heck of a team. Nothing for Corbin to hang their heads about. With that being said, I can't wait to see how Mayfield and Danville turns out...
smoke1015 Wrote:Either way, that was a nice play by that corner (or linebacker), I can't remember which now, to dislodget that ball. One of the biggest hits I'd seen put on a receiver this year. Corbin had a good DB hit on a Boyle kid later in the game, driving right through his stomach. Boyle is losing most of their O line, but man these guys are scary considering their skill kid's ages. That junior running back that came in late in the game was good enough to start for MOST teams in 3A football.

I believe Boyle is losing two O lineman, not a 100% on that though.
Jack Lambert Wrote:I believe Boyle is losing two O lineman, not a 100% on that though.

I thought they were losing four out of five. Bramel and McClelland I know are Seniors.
PRIDE101 Wrote:Here we go , didn’t take long for the we got screwed to come out. You got your ass kick is what you got. You could have looked up and saw them hang 50 on you. Ball on 2 at end and two missed x point. You had a great season and have a great team. Hell, just learn how to be great fans.

I think everyone is being a good fan except you. No one said we got screwed out of a win. Boyle was the better team last night. To say there was some big missed calls is an objective understatement. Now go pride yourself on being a d*** somewhere else
Yeager (center) is a senior.
Boyle could have run nothing but the counter trap all night. That gets us every year.
PRIDE101 Wrote:Here we go , didn’t take long for the we got screwed to come out. You got your ass kick is what you got. You could have looked up and saw them hang 50 on you. Ball on 2 at end and two missed x point. You had a great season and have a great team. Hell, just learn how to be great fans.

Surprised that a moderator would allow a post with openly foul language to remain. Belfry may not get favorable calls on field, but it seems like they get extra leeway in here, as a couple of Mods are from there.

I don't think there's a reason to be that nasty. But hey, if it makes you feel better!

Back to the topic. Boyles backs so a great job of following blockers. Most backs aren't that disciplined, and their line was able to play on our side of the football.

Corbin could move the football on O, but simply could NOT get stops.

Boyle was impressive. I believe there's great potential for a rematch next year.