Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County 40 Corbin 21 (3A State Championship)
Final from Kroger field.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Boyle County wins State Championship #8.

2A: 1999 & 2000.
3A: 2001, 2002, 2003 & 2017.
4A: 2009 & 2010.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Thought it would have been more competitive than that score. Great season by both teams. Congrats to Boyle County.
Boyle definitely looked like the better team. Only took about 2 series to see that. Congrats to Boyle on the title. Congrats redhounds on a great season as well.
Congrats boyle co. You’re a champion. Still proud of my boys though. Keep your head up Hounds!!!
Who won the MVP
Congrats Boyle. They got after us quickly and we couldn't recover. Great job. We will see you again next year. Until then, Champs!
Congratulations on a great game Boyle County :worthy: and Congratulations to Corbin Redhounds :worthy:
Hound05 Wrote:Congrats boyle co. You’re a champion. Still proud of my boys though. Keep your head up Hounds!!!

You should be proud! They never quit when they got down early.

Corbin has a fine team but had no answer to Boyle's Offensive Line and couldn't succeed in the Red Zone.

Hounds I hope you have a safe trip home. Nothing to be ashamed about at all.
Reese Smith was MVP. 4 TD catches and 2 Interceptions will do it.
Congrats Boyle
skydiver1 Wrote:Who won the MVP
I think it was Smith.
We fell short again but keep your heads up. Way to rep.
Hatz Wrote:Reese Smith was MVP. 4 TD catches and 2 Interceptions will do it.

Pretty good for a sophomore..........
Lake Trash Wrote:I think it was Lanter.

The Corbin MVP was Estep.

Boyle's was Smith.
Leonards_loser Wrote:Pretty good for a sophomore..........

Yep. And so is Lanter the QB. And Bartelson the RB. And Crawford is an underclassman as well at RB. And the 3rd string back #6 that took them down to the goal line to end the game. The OLine is where the biggest hole will be.
Leader Wrote:We fell short again but keep your heads up. Way to rep.

But you made it. Haddix will rebuild and Corbin will continue to be a football contender.
Boyle just had more talent and speed.
They seemed to get a lot of thevgood bounces and breaks as well.

Congrats to Boyle. Corbin is loaded over the next 6.or 7 years. They'll only get better
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Boyle just had more talent and speed.

Congrats to Boyle. Corbin is loaded over the next 6.or 7 years. They'll only get better

Plus Corbin will most likely move to 4A and even with Johnson Central there, the road to a title will be easier.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Boyle just had more talent and speed.

That's why I think they will just reload.

But then so will Boyle but I think next year the Rebels have to face Belfry in their side of the floating bracket.

I'm sure the Rebels will look forward to the challenge.
well, im goning to give props to corbin, they are tuff and never quit, but it does make me very happy they lost.
Corbin needs to get out of 3A if they can. Boyle is young and is about to go on one of those runs again. Belfry and Central will only get better as well. Unless Boyle or someone moves up too 4A is really weak.
Stats

http://khsaa.org/football/2017/3afinal.pdf

Boyle Corbin

First Downs 24 13
Rushing 237 125
Passing 223 81
Total 460 206
Turnovers Boyle had 3 interceptions

Average gain per play Boyle 7.0 Corbin 4.4
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:Corbin needs to get out of 3A if they can. Boyle is young and is about to go on one of those runs again. Belfry and Central will only get better as well. Unless Boyle or someone moves up too 4A is really weak.

I don't think Boyle will be moving up at the next re alignment.
From the upper deck in the stadium it looked like to me Corbin got screwed on a touchdown pass and a interception......just saying and boo-hooing :Sad04:
Was an entertaining game. Play here or there could have made it closer at end.
Hate I missed PJ and Gut at Drakes. You guys are like ninjas. I don’t think anyone has ever seen you! 😁🏈🏈🍺
About what I figured had this one called all along.
64SUR Wrote:From the upper deck in the stadium it looked like to me Corbin got screwed on a touchdown pass and a interception......just saying and boo-hooing :Sad04:

Be safe on the way back 64Sur! :Thumbs:
Reese stats:

2 Interceptions (should have had a 3rd) and 1 returned for a TD

3 tackles

5 Catches 120 yards 3 TD's.

Not a bad day's work.
Reed Lanter was 16-24-0 for 223 yards and 5 TD passes.

2 rushes for a net of 7 yards.

He is a Sophomore.