Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class AAA Semifinals: Corbin at Central
Corbin has played a **** of a schedule

Early they did. I’m afraid Corbin hasn’t had to play game speed for about 8 weeks and it will be very difficult for them to get back in that mode...if they can hang with Central early then they will have a good chance.
footballfever Wrote:Corbin has played a **** of a schedule

Early they did. I’m afraid Corbin hasn’t had to play game speed for about 8 weeks and it will be very difficult for them to get back in that mode...if they can hang with Central early then they will have a good chance.

Totally agree. I made a post about that very thing early in the year. Limit mistakes or have no glaring ones in the first half and you stand a much better chance if you’re Corbin.
I’m sorry but schedules won’t matter Friday night. It’s who makes the least mistakes and who can survive the best shots of the other team and maintain the most momentum for 48 minutes.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:PRP appeared to be a really nice win... remember they had beat Bowling Green. Obviously with BG going down it isn't as nice of a win on paper.

You are right. But the PRP team is hard to judge though, they didn’t really beat anyone other than Bowling Green who just lost to South Warren. I know none of it really means much. But back to the point, they haven’t really beat anyone other than Belfry, which if played again I don’t know if it would end similar or not. My whole point of responding to smoke was they play one outstanding game and all of the sudden everyone thinks they are world beaters
What somebody mentioned earlier about the wellman kids injury wouldn't have made a 39 point difference....FB is at least the second most important position in that offense if not the number one most important position. That's a hard position to replace in a triple option offense especially in a matter of a few days. I absolutely believe one player could make that big a difference in high school football.
Lets face it your not going to go to Louisville and win! Corbin not play a team in the playoffs as close to being as good as central. Central speed will kill corbin. for Corbin to win they have to control the clock and Haddix must not try to get in a scoring match with them. Long drives. I said a mounth or two ago Central and Boyle will be in the finals and Im sticking with that prediction. Belfry and Corbin about equal so what does that say. Central will win this game it will be close at the half but the second half they pull away to win by 21+ Central 58 Corbin 27. I know you guy think Corbin matches up better with Central but they dont speed kills and Central just to fast.
HOFER Wrote:What somebody mentioned earlier about the wellman kids injury wouldn't have made a 39 point difference....FB is at least the second most important position in that offense if not the number one most important position. That's a hard position to replace in a triple option offense especially in a matter of a few days. I absolutely believe one player could make that big a difference in high school football.

Wellman's impact on Defense was as substantial if not greater to be honest.

Hensley had nearly 150 rushing yards at FB, but where Wellman was missed was in specific spots. The 4th and 1 Belfry didn't convert, the botched mesh point on the scoop and score fumble, a couple 3 yard gains that may have turned to 6 yard gains with Wellman that effects the play calling.

Defense though was a whole different mess. Wellman is easily one of the 3 or 4 best LB'ers in KY this year IMHO. Not only did you lose Wellman, you lost his replacement Grayson Cook in the First Quarter. Does Central still run it down Belfry's throat with regularity? Probably so. Belfry's D-line did nothing. But just like on Offense you can pin point three or four plays where having your best LB and your best DE may have made a big difference.

The fake punt they converted to continue a drive right at the 3rd string guy.

A couple key 3rd down conversions where the substitute LB was in the wrong spot.

A blown contain that turns into a 20+ yard TD run.

If Belfry and Central played again this Friday with Belfry at full strength you would be a fool to not take Central after what they did... but at the same time I think the final score would be substantially different.
hoghead Wrote:Lets face it your not going to go to Louisville and win! Corbin not play a team in the playoffs as close to being as good as central. Central speed will kill corbin. for Corbin to win they have to control the clock and Haddix must not try to get in a scoring match with them. Long drives. I said a mounth or two ago Central and Boyle will be in the finals and Im sticking with that prediction. Belfry and Corbin about equal so what does that say. Central will win this game it will be close at the half but the second half they pull away to win by 21+ Central 58 Corbin 27. I know you guy think Corbin matches up better with Central but they dont speed kills and Central just to fast.

I guess it’s good that the kids actually get to play the game then and not have to go off predictions. Corbin may not have played anyone in the playoffs as good as Central but Corbin has played 3 teams as good or better during the regular season and lost only once to a team at home by 7. Central is a very good football team but this game is not gonna be decided by 30 points either way.
HOFER Wrote:What somebody mentioned earlier about the wellman kids injury wouldn't have made a 39 point difference....FB is at least the second most important position in that offense if not the number one most important position. That's a hard position to replace in a triple option offense especially in a matter of a few days. I absolutely believe one player could make that big a difference in high school football.

Tbh the wellman kid not playing hurt offense by two scores, him not playing lb allowed two scores. You add that with 5 turnovers one being a scoop and score, and three inside the thirty that led to scores. Those Belfry kids don’t lay down, but I would say that all those things late in the game they played about 65-75 percent because the writing was on the wall also could have contributed to a score. All I am saying is Belfry played about as bad AS THEY have and central played balls out. Score doesn’t mean be sizing them for rings just yet, Corbin will be prepared and IMO has a better defense than Belfry this year. Are we going to score every drive, no but we will flip the field and not have those turnovers unless something crazy happens. We for the most part don’t caugh it up, but things happen and we could.
hoghead Wrote:Lets face it your not going to go to Louisville and win! Corbin not play a team in the playoffs as close to being as good as central. Central speed will kill corbin. for Corbin to win they have to control the clock and Haddix must not try to get in a scoring match with them. Long drives. I said a mounth or two ago Central and Boyle will be in the finals and Im sticking with that prediction. Belfry and Corbin about equal so what does that say. Central will win this game it will be close at the half but the second half they pull away to win by 21+ Central 58 Corbin 27. I know you guy think Corbin matches up better with Central but they dont speed kills and Central just to fast.

Shew I am glad you spoke up, I was going to make the trip guess I will pass now. Someone should email Haddix and tell him and everyone else to save your gas since this guy has a such a great insight. His ability to foresee outcome in sporting venues, I would say Vegas hates seeing him in town. But anyways we all will be there hope you make it cause we got something everyone forgot about. That’s heart we will see what prevails. And I would be willing to wager whatever you want the will not score no 58 points on us
Hey listen, I'll be the first to tell you this is the biggest and most challenging game that Corbin has had all year.

I'm just not buying these blowout predictions. This game will be a slobber knocker till the final whistle.
I can't make the trip so I dread hearing those 2 goofballs on the radio
Have you listened to it recently? The two new guys do pretty well. They're Knowledgeable, understandable, and entertaining.

Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Shew I am glad you spoke up, I was going to make the trip guess I will pass now. Someone should email Haddix and tell him and everyone else to save your gas since this guy has a such a great insight. His ability to foresee outcome in sporting venues, I would say Vegas hates seeing him in town. But anyways we all will be there hope you make it cause we got something everyone forgot about. That’s heart we will see what prevails. And I would be willing to wager whatever you want the will not score no 58 points on us

Im glad you could understand half of what he said.... hahaha.. I also love the fact that these- we'll just call them people- get on here spewing out the mouth on matter they have no clue about. His 1st point, corbin hasn't played anyone in the playoff's as good as central. Well central aint exactly going through murder's row over there. They played a broken belfry and had a good night. WOOWWWW!!!! 2nd point, claims Corbin and Belfry about equal, no way to prove one way or another, so I'm not even gonna match him in spewing out the mouth with that one. 3rd, and basically the only evidence he stated in his whole rambling of a post was SPEED. We'll I'm glad we aren't going to a track meet or we might be in trouble. You ever wonder why they just don't go hire 11 Olympic sprinters for the NFL? Because speed isn't even half of a football player or team. That would be like anyone else taking one aspect of a game and saying that's what's going to do them in. We've got a QB they cant stop, it might be close for a half but Corbin will run away with it. Sometimes I wonder why some of these people are even on here, they should be doing football operations for Alabama with insight like that!:flush:
Hound05 Wrote:Im glad you could understand half of what he said.... hahaha.. I also love the fact that these- we'll just call them people- get on here spewing out the mouth on matter they have no clue about. His 1st point, corbin hasn't played anyone in the playoff's as good as central. Well central aint exactly going through murder's row over there. They played a broken belfry and had a good night. WOOWWWW!!!! 2nd point, claims Corbin and Belfry about equal, no way to prove one way or another, so I'm not even gonna match him in spewing out the mouth with that one. 3rd, and basically the only evidence he stated in his whole rambling of a post was SPEED. We'll I'm glad we aren't going to a track meet or we might be in trouble. You ever wonder why they just don't go hire 11 Olympic sprinters for the NFL? Because speed isn't even half of a football player or team. That would be like anyone else taking one aspect of a game and saying that's what's going to do them in. We've got a QB they cant stop, it might be close for a half but Corbin will run away with it. Sometimes I wonder why some of these people are even on here, they should be doing football operations for Alabama with insight like that!:flush:
How do you know they cant stop the quarterback? Smile
6 what? Please explain
Hound05 Wrote:I generally agree with ya smoke. You’re level headed and for the most part objective. But I ask you, who had central beat that is note worthy other than belfry that would put them head and shoulders above a corbin team that’s had just as tough of a schedule with better results?

I liked their win over Fern Creek. Maybe not the best team in the state but they are super solid. It's the preparation Central has, playing the Saint X's and Ballards. I know your all's schedule is tough, but man, Beechwood and Mayfield, great teams, but usually you guys wear them down late cause of higher numbers. It was the case when I went and watched you guys play Mayfield last year. Mayfield easily, and I mean easily won the first half. It looked like a mismatch. In the 2nd half Corbin did a good job of blocking some punts, also wearing down Mayfield and slowing their offense. Corbin was able to tie the score by wearing Mayfield down with better numbers, quality numbers. Mayfield probably had 2 or 3 D1 offensive lineman but they got tired. Now Mayfield was playing without the best player in the state in that game, but still, great job by Corbin to come back like they did and lose it when they went for 2. Can't hardly blame the call cause Mayfield was reeling, and Corbin was surging. Can't go by the Maxpreps numbers either, it lists Corbin with 45 kids...uh, yeah right, lol, 75 maybe. I'm not sure how the Beechwood or Mayfield games went this year, other than the score. So a win over Mayfield is nice, even if they are a class below, but I think Central playing a Saint X, maybe, equally prepares them for 3A class play. All those Louisville schools have at least some kid that is super dangerous, and often a lot of athletes instead of like most of us mid-level rural schools who have only 2 or 3 truly high level athletes. So Central plays so much speed all year. One thing they may not do, is play against a lot of great coaching. Corbin will only win this game if they out coach the Central coach's. No offense to any kids, and although Corbin does have several really good athletes, and an ultra well coached team with great technique at almost every position, they are not the level, overall, of Central. If Central can be as motivated as they were last Friday, Corbin will have their hands full. I don't foresee Corbin turning over the ball like Belfry did. But I do see Corbin making some upsportsman mistakes, even against us they made probably 4 unsportsman penalties, and could have had 4 more. One kid having 3 on himself (I thought it was an ejection after 2, but spilled milk, ha). Central maybe had 2 penalties all night, and no unsportsmans. I guarantee Central will play physical enough, in a way that may draw those penalties. One kid on that Corbin team in particular seemed to be easy to get mixed up in that. And I'm telling you, Central's D line is a problem. In my opinion, Corbin is facing the best team it's seen this year, and Central isn't. Although the team's Central has played that I feel are better than Corbin, Central lost. That's either a plus, or minus for them. Corbin will probably be the 3rd best (Saint X/Belfry) coached team that Central has played though, and also probably the best QB that Central has faced. I'm afraid Sizemore is going to take a lot of shots on this night. He's tough as nails, and I don't like how I imagine this game is going to go for him. I just don't want to see anyone hurt. I'm hoping it's a good competitive game with no bad injuries. I did see a few big Central kids limping around by the end of the Belfry game. Maybe that will soften them up some. One advantage or disadvantage, Central played a much much better team than Powell, and it may have them more 'big game ready', but by the same token, they are way more banged up than I imagine you guys are. Gonna be another cold game too, and a pretty long drive up for Corbin. I definitely think the drive affected Belfry.
Hound05 Wrote:Im glad you could understand half of what he said.... hahaha.. I also love the fact that these- we'll just call them people- get on here spewing out the mouth on matter they have no clue about. His 1st point, corbin hasn't played anyone in the playoff's as good as central. Well central aint exactly going through murder's row over there. They played a broken belfry and had a good night. WOOWWWW!!!! 2nd point, claims Corbin and Belfry about equal, no way to prove one way or another, so I'm not even gonna match him in spewing out the mouth with that one. 3rd, and basically the only evidence he stated in his whole rambling of a post was SPEED. We'll I'm glad we aren't going to a track meet or we might be in trouble. You ever wonder why they just don't go hire 11 Olympic sprinters for the NFL? Because speed isn't even half of a football player or team. That would be like anyone else taking one aspect of a game and saying that's what's going to do them in. We've got a QB they cant stop, it might be close for a half but Corbin will run away with it. Sometimes I wonder why some of these people are even on here, they should be doing football operations for Alabama with insight like that!:flush:

I was being my sarcastic, I said at the end that they may have all that stuff but they can’t measure up to our heart. This group has tremendous heart and refuse to go down without a fight. I have fought even through the middle school threads defending Corbin, I had one that just won state in middle school and one that is trying to in high school. Don’t know how i got threw into you comment but you misunderstood my point. I just get tired of arguing with people who are dead set to see us( Corbin) have any success. I tried to be a smarta$$ instead of a whatbsome others may call me.
smoke1015 Wrote:I liked their win over Fern Creek. Maybe not the best team in the state but they are super solid. It's the preparation Central has, playing the Saint X's and Ballards. I know your all's schedule is tough, but man, Beechwood and Mayfield, great teams, but usually you guys wear them down late cause of higher numbers. It was the case when I went and watched you guys play Mayfield last year. Mayfield easily, and I mean easily won the first half. It looked like a mismatch. In the 2nd half Corbin did a good job of blocking some punts, also wearing down Mayfield and slowing their offense. Corbin was able to tie the score by wearing Mayfield down with better numbers, quality numbers. Mayfield probably had 2 or 3 D1 offensive lineman but they got tired. Now Mayfield was playing without the best player in the state in that game, but still, great job by Corbin to come back like they did and lose it when they went for 2. Can't hardly blame the call cause Mayfield was reeling, and Corbin was surging. Can't go by the Maxpreps numbers either, it lists Corbin with 45 kids...uh, yeah right, lol, 75 maybe. I'm not sure how the Beechwood or Mayfield games went this year, other than the score. So a win over Mayfield is nice, even if they are a class below, but I think Central playing a Saint X, maybe, equally prepares them for 3A class play. All those Louisville schools have at least some kid that is super dangerous, and often a lot of athletes instead of like most of us mid-level rural schools who have only 2 or 3 truly high level athletes. So Central plays so much speed all year. One thing they may not do, is play against a lot of great coaching. Corbin will only win this game if they out coach the Central coach's. No offense to any kids, and although Corbin does have several really good athletes, and an ultra well coached team with great technique at almost every position, they are not the level, overall, of Central. If Central can be as motivated as they were last Friday, Corbin will have their hands full. I don't foresee Corbin turning over the ball like Belfry did. But I do see Corbin making some upsportsman mistakes, even against us they made probably 4 unsportsman penalties, and could have had 4 more. One kid having 3 on himself (I thought it was an ejection after 2, but spilled milk, ha). Central maybe had 2 penalties all night, and no unsportsmans. I guarantee Central will play physical enough, in a way that may draw those penalties. One kid on that Corbin team in particular seemed to be easy to get mixed up in that. And I'm telling you, Central's D line is a problem. In my opinion, Corbin is facing the best team it's seen this year, and Central isn't. Although the team's Central has played that I feel are better than Corbin, Central lost. That's either a plus, or minus for them. Corbin will probably be the 3rd best (Saint X/Belfry) coached team that Central has played though, and also probably the best QB that Central has faced. I'm afraid Sizemore is going to take a lot of shots on this night. He's tough as nails, and I don't like how I imagine this game is going to go for him. I just don't want to see anyone hurt. I'm hoping it's a good competitive game with no bad injuries. I did see a few big Central kids limping around by the end of the Belfry game. Maybe that will soften them up some. One advantage or disadvantage, Central played a much much better team than Powell, and it may have them more 'big game ready', but by the same token, they are way more banged up than I imagine you guys are. Gonna be another cold game too, and a pretty long drive up for Corbin. I definitely think the drive affected Belfry.
Everything you said smoke is 100% true. That’s why I like ya, just facts. Where we disagree I think is how we both interpret those facts. I don’t think Fern creek is anything special. Their best win is maybe DuPont Manual? Just not that impressive. It’s also hard for me to say if central will be the best team we’ve seen. I still think it might be Alcoa but we’ll never know. But back to central, I know they’ve played some big dogs. But they didn’t even do anything special against them. I think games like that are somewhat relative to how close you are to them. Central wasn’t close to st x. It’s like corbin playing Jackson county. Do you think Jackson co got anything from that game? Prob not it was never close, like LC and St. X. Yea they played them but what did it accomplish? They still haven’t done anything outstanding other than one game. If you take away the belfry game and one week of this season everyone’s opinion this week would be different. But most of us have short term memory. I know central is a good team, but world beaters?? Nope. They had a good game that’s all. Go back and look at the film from their other games. You just see a good team, no more no less. I honestly think Corbin’s schedule will give us more of an advantage than central’s. I just don’t believe in playing games and getting smoked is a good way to learn anything much. But this attitude is the same as it was for central last week against belfry and we all know how that played out.

On a side note to everyone else on here talking out their rear ends with no basis to support it, PLEASE KEEP PICKING AGAINST THESE KIDS. All you’re doing is helping us.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:I was being my sarcastic, I said at the end that they may have all that stuff but they can’t measure up to our heart. This group has tremendous heart and refuse to go down without a fight. I have fought even through the middle school threads defending Corbin, I had one that just won state in middle school and one that is trying to in high school. Don’t know how i got threw into you comment but you misunderstood my point. I just get tired of arguing with people who are dead set to see us( Corbin) have any success. I tried to be a smarta$$ instead of a whatbsome others may call me.
Boss that quote wasn’t for you brother hahah. Just the first line and I was being sarcastic too. If you could understand what he said you’re a better man than I am. The rest of it was for these morons just spewing garbage with no backing for it. Like that guy was talking about their speed over and over, like we’re gonna line up and do 40s and call it a game. Haha. Funny thing is what one game can change for people. I guess the other 13 on their resume doesn’t mean much to them. But oh well. I hope they keep picking against us. It worked out real good for most picking against central last week haha
To night is gonna be a great night for the centrals halalalalalalalalala hiphiphiphip
Central is a very good team. Corbin will have to play their best game to date to beat them at home. They have played a schedule full of Louisville 6a programs, of which most are in the top 10% in 6a. That prp win is pretty impressive when you consider that prp only lost to St.X by 9 two weeks later. Is it a winnable game for Corbin? Absolutely. If Corbin brings their best game they win, plain and simple. If they turn the ball over, fail to execute, or commit a bunch of boneheaded penalties then the season will end Friday. I believe Haddix and company will have them ready to play. The kids just need to go out and take care of business, play through adversity, and finish strong. Hounds by 14.
[Image:

]

Bolz, those Hounds are wound up something fierce baby. Ole fatpat seen some practice footage yesterday and Haddy has been putting in some trickery, wowza!

Hounds by 7

#comingintodavillelikeaboss More mash taters please!!!
Alcoa > Central IMO but the difference is the game being at Central.

Central very well could be the best team that Corbin has played, but it's not like Central would dominate the teams Corbin has beaten.

It really all has to do with Corbins approach to the game and how they respond on the road. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see central do the same to Corbin as they did Belfry, but it also wouldn't surprise me.if.corbin left Louisville with a win.

Definitely going to be entertaining either way.
Corbin play a good schedule Mayfield Beechwood Alcoa TN. Im just saying it be hard for anyone to go win there at Central. Did Corbin beat Central last year or the year before at Corbin? Im saying your going into a hornets nest there and they play a good schedule also ST X is the best both play. PRP was pretty good Ballard and Fern Creek was fair they play some 6A teams that better than you guy think. Maybe I dont know what im talking about.
hoghead Wrote:Corbin play a good schedule Mayfield Beechwood Alcoa TN. Im just saying it be hard for anyone to go win there at Central. Did Corbin beat Central last year or the year before at Corbin? Im saying your going into a hornets nest there and they play a good schedule also ST X is the best both play. PRP was pretty good Ballard and Fern Creek was fair they play some 6A teams that better than you guy think. Maybe I dont know what im talking about.

Hoghead yes Corbin beat central last year 20-14 Confusedhh: Confusedhh: Confusedhh: and will beat central this year.
Im just tired of hearing about St. X, St. X, St. X.... we could schedule trinity (doubt they would play us) but it don’t really matter if we play them and get beat by 50. All we would find out is they are 50 points better than us. The PRP win was probably their best win, and a good win, not taking away from that. But the fact of the matter is you take one week away from these guys and they are on the same level as everyone else. A solid team, no more no less.
This is one of the very few times you will see me saying this, but “GO REDHOUNDS”. This will be an old-time “horseshoe battle”. The team that makes the fewest mistakes wins!
walterwhite Wrote:This is one of the very few times you will see me saying this, but “GO REDHOUNDS”. This will be an old-time “horseshoe battle”. The team that makes the fewest mistakes wins!

I agree totally, all my post have mentioned turnovers. I feel central and Corbin both take advantage of others mistakes. They both know how to get it in on short fields. I don’t look for either team to score 30+, hounds 28-20.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:I agree totally, all my post have mentioned turnovers. I feel central and Corbin both take advantage of others mistakes. They both know how to get it in on short fields. I don’t look for either team to score 30+, hounds 28-20.

You’re right. It’s hard to sustain the level of play they did against belfry. You just don’t see it like that every week.