Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Class AAA Semifinals: Corbin at Central
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Thoughts?
Louisville Central by two touchdowns
Central 41
Corbin 14
Corbin 16-14
Corbin 27
Central 20
Corbin 32
Central 28
I think Corbin has a good chance to win this game, I know Central's win last night was impressive but I think all the talent that Belfry lost last season finally caught up with them.
central was juiced for that gmae last night and truth be told probably practiced for it for 3 weeks.. with that said i think itll be much closer next week
I have know doubt this is Corbin year, The Hunt For 6 is real Confusedalute:

Corbin 28
Central 21
Gonna be a tuff game..... It’ll be close too.. I’ll jus say this, Corbin will compete and win. They have played against the speed and quickness in weeks 2-5 of this season. They beat Central last season.. Central is absolutely no better or faster than what we have already seen and beaten. Remember, Haddix has played Central a time or 4 as well... There will be no surprises here. The Hounds know who they are playing, they have done it before, pretty recently and won. The Hounds are Hunting! Praying for a injury free game! Should be a premier matchup in the Big City.
If Corbin can find a way to make it ugly and low scoring, they have a chance. It's either gonna be one of these two scenarios:

Corbin 10
Central 40

Or

Corbin 17
Central 10

I'm leaning towards the second one due to recent experience.
Any team playing this Friday are here for a reason, can’t look past anyone from here on. I do believe in Haddix, Mills, And staff. I do know these kids from Corbin well, I have coached them and coached against them as youth. Those kids with this staff the sky is the limit and I would take them to war against about any others. This game will be a dog fight and neither team should score over thirty, we just can’t turn the ball over and get a couple more stops than them and Corbin wins. I will watch more film on them this week but that score against belfry doesn’t dictate anything about that game. Belfry had to many turnovers, and there defense seemed a little more on the reactive side than responsive I think that’s the word I am looking for. I guys what I am saying they played from there heels instead of balls of feet, didn’t look comfortable. I like it when our defense pins there ears back and flies to ball, that has been there strong suit since won state back as middle school kids. I believe Corbin matches up better as do some others. Just hope health and good football for everyone on. It’s special to get here, but I want to taste the wine on the other side cause I bet that **** is so dang sweet, and I am thirsty. GO HOUNDS
Redhounds 28-21
I’m with bossdaddy. I don’t know if corbin is better or worse than belfry. We’ll never know. But I DO know they matchup better with central than belfry does.
Where's this game being played??
GoGators Wrote:Where's this game being played??

Louisville :HitWall::HitWall::HitWall:
My Earlier Prediction
of
Corbin over Powell
Central over Belfry
Corbin Over Central
Boyle over Corbin by 1 for the title....

prediction is 100% intact so far and I'm sticking with it.

But Question?

Has Corbin been focused on the "Eventual" matchup with Belfry, and now with the Pirates gone, could it be a potential problem for these kids to stay focused on the prize. I guess the same could be said about Central...
Central 47-14
Central is too big and fast and home field advantage will play a huge factor. Central will be the 2017 Champions
Oldtiger Wrote:My Earlier Prediction
of
Corbin over Powell
Central over Belfry
Corbin Over Central
Boyle over Corbin by 1 for the title....

prediction is 100% intact so far and I'm sticking with it.

But Question?

Has Corbin been focused on the "Eventual" matchup with Belfry, and now with the Pirates gone, could it be a potential problem for these kids to stay focused on the prize. I guess the same could be said about Central...

I don’t think focus will be a problem because they’re not belfry. The red Bunch will be ready
I'm gonna have to find some film on Central. I haven't seen them play one play this year. I KNOW Corbin is strong, but I don't know if Central can capitalize on the Redhounds weaker areas.

I hope Corbin wins this game. It's going to be difficult, but I believe they can do it!!
COACHITALL Wrote:Central 47-14
Central is too big and fast and home field advantage will play a huge factor. Central will be the 2017 Champions

No they wont.
Central 36
Corbin 21
pjdoug Wrote:No they wont.

Trust me this game will be over faster than they fry your fish sandwich! Corbin fans save your gas
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Any team playing this Friday are here for a reason, can’t look past anyone from here on. I do believe in Haddix, Mills, And staff. I do know these kids from Corbin well, I have coached them and coached against them as youth. Those kids with this staff the sky is the limit and I would take them to war against about any others. This game will be a dog fight and neither team should score over thirty, we just can’t turn the ball over and get a couple more stops than them and Corbin wins. I will watch more film on them this week but that score against belfry doesn’t dictate anything about that game. Belfry had to many turnovers, and there defense seemed a little more on the reactive side than responsive I think that’s the word I am looking for. I guys what I am saying they played from there heels instead of balls of feet, didn’t look comfortable. I like it when our defense pins there ears back and flies to ball, that has been there strong suit since won state back as middle school kids. I believe Corbin matches up better as do some others. Just hope health and good football for everyone on. It’s special to get here, but I want to taste the wine on the other side cause I bet that **** is so dang sweet, and I am thirsty. GO HOUNDS
Corbin had a really tough playoff bracket lol
Enjoy the fish sammich with your beatdown
COACHITALL Wrote:Corbin had a really tough playoff bracket lol

I Personally will not be taken a beat down and i don’t feel my hounds will either.
Now you may have something about playoff run,but we didn’t design the khsaa playoff system. But that first five games was rough enough to have us prepared for about anyone. You can talk all the crap you want but Friday we will see. I didn’t disrespect your team or say anything out of the way but there is a prick in every crowd. Can’t talk football so has to talk out there a$$. But hey I would get my shots in on here also cause we will get ours Friday.
Granny Bear Wrote:I'm gonna have to find some film on Central. I haven't seen them play one play this year. I KNOW Corbin is strong, but I don't know if Central can capitalize on the Redhounds weaker areas.

I hope Corbin wins this game. It's going to be difficult, but I believe they can do it!!

Having saw both, played one, and comparing...

Offense:

O-line play rushing - Central
O-line play pass protect - Central
Size - Central

QB play passing - Central
QB play running - Tie
QB play running an offense - Corbin

RB play speed - tie...(maybe)
RB play YAC - Central
RB play vision and instincts - Central

WR catching/route running - Central
WR blocking - Central
Screen game - Corbin

Defense:

Defensive line play - Central (by a mile)
OLB play - Central
ILB play - Corbin
Secondary - Corbin (Hard to say, Belfry passes so little, I'll go with Corbin though)

Special teams - Corbin

Kicker - Corbin by a mile
COACHITALL Wrote:Central 47-14

I'll agree that Central is fast but they're never big they'll have average size for a high school team.
The only way Corbin has a chance in this game is control the clock keep it away from Central.. They are a lot faster in person than film show them. And Corbin running backs don’t compare to the speed of Centrals.. with that said I’m pulling for a mountain team but Central is just to much for Corbin.. Central wins this 48-16
COACHITALL Wrote:Corbin had a really tough playoff bracket lol

Corbin is playing next week COACHMAD you guys got lucky you're not playing Corbin.........On a personal note I liked belfry football ......So don't act mad :Cheerlead
I'll have to consider making the trip and watching what should be a good game. Central by a touchdown.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6