Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greenup County @ Ashland 10/13
In a way I almost feel sorry for the Ash-land Putty Tats, that is if they were not so classless. I mean they used to point to BACK IN THE DAY when they last won a state title. Now, they have sunken to the level of pointing to BACK IN THE DAY when they last won a district title. Johnson Central started treating them like a doormat, and Greenup County is about to do the same. Greenup County is on the rise and are about to give the Putty Tats a reality check.
Westside Wrote:In a way I almost feel sorry for the Ash-land Putty Tats, that is if they were not so classless. I mean they used to point to BACK IN THE DAY when they last won a state title. Now, they have sunken to the level of pointing to BACK IN THE DAY when they last won a district title. Johnson Central started treating them like a doormat, and Greenup County is about to do the same. Greenup County is on the rise and are about to give the Putty Tats a reality check.

In your dreams....go back to bed!
Westside Wrote:In a way I almost feel sorry for the Ash-land Putty Tats, that is if they were not so classless. I mean they used to point to BACK IN THE DAY when they last won a state title. Now, they have sunken to the level of pointing to BACK IN THE DAY when they last won a district title. Johnson Central started treating them like a doormat, and Greenup County is about to do the same. Greenup County is on the rise and are about to give the Putty Tats a reality check.

Now their biggest claim of achievement and what they thump on their chests about is that, 10 years ago they held a JC running back to around a hundred yards of rushing.Confusednicker:
Bob Seger Wrote:Now their biggest claim of achievement and what they thump on their chests about is that, 10 years ago they held a JC running back to around a hundred yards of rushing.Confusednicker:

Well, I guess you have to hang your hat on something.
Greenup 35
Ashland 14

Greenup will tear down the walls this coming Friday in Putnam stadium.
The comparison between Raceland and Greenup right now is kinda foolish.
Greenup 4
Ashland 3

Second safety of the game late in the 4th seals the deal
Bama-Cat Wrote:The comparison between Raceland and Greenup right now is kinda foolish.

However, Ashland has played a stronger schedule which equates to their 15 point advantage in the Cantrall ratings.
Wildcat1 Wrote:Greenup 4
Ashland 3

Second safety of the game late in the 4th seals the deal

This is the foolishness that is the Greenup County fan base.
Bama-Cat Wrote:The comparison between Raceland and Greenup right now is kinda foolish.

Same talk was made before the Raceland/GC game. We know how that played out.
It's only Monday.... please, lets keep this one open.

Greenup County and Ashland fans have to deal with each other year-round, I realize you all may not like each other, it's a district football & 16th region rivalry. There aren't many of those across the Commonwealth. I encourage all of our members to read our new Zero Tolerance policy.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Mean ole Granny again!!

Wink
Granny Bear Wrote:Mean ole Granny again!!

Wink

The black bear represents Granny Bear.

The fish represents negative posts on BGR. The poor ole fish doesn't stand a chance. Big Grin

[Image: https://cdfgnews.files.wordpress.com/201...924091.jpg]
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
On a serious note, posters, PLEASE don't make your posts personal!!
Greenup 35

Ashland 14
Mousketeers with the upset.
CATS ROLL easily 20 plus points.
Defensive speed negates the usefulness of the Tony Franklin System.

Ashland will fly to the ball and create havoc against GC. Even screens will be ineffective against the Tomcats.
Greenup will move as they want against Ashland defense. The offense is getting better each week. They moved the ball pretty efficiently against one of the better teams in 4A last week. The score didn't show it but I'm almost positive Greenup was they only team last year that had positive yards against Central in the playoffs.. Just saying!!!
Fly By Night Wrote:This is the foolishness that is the Greenup County fan base.

Bwahaha!!! Shows what you know. I hate both equally Smile
Bama-Cat Wrote:Greenup will move as they want against Ashland defense. The offense is getting better each week. They moved the ball pretty efficiently against one of the better teams in 4A last week. The score didn't show it but I'm almost positive Greenup was they only team last year that had positive yards against Central in the playoffs.. Just saying!!!

They was the last team to score on them last year
Wildcat1 Wrote:Bwahaha!!! Shows what you know. I hate both equally Smile

Then the foolishness must be spreading.
Bama-Cat Wrote:Greenup will move as they want against Ashland defense. The offense is getting better each week. They moved the ball pretty efficiently against one of the better teams in 4A last week. The score didn't show it but I'm almost positive Greenup was they only team last year that had positive yards against Central in the playoffs.. Just saying!!!

Let's talk numbers.

Johnson Central on average gives up 87 yards rushing and 127 yards passing. That is an average of 214 yards per game.

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...ts_51100_0

Greenup County had 136 yards rushing and 143 yards passing against Johnson Central. That is 279 total yards.

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k..._51078_504

Greenup County had 63 more total yards versus Johnson Central than Johnson Central's total yards average.

In essence, that is just one additional drive.

What is most astonishing in the Johnson Central game versus Greenup County is that the Musketeers gave up almost 400 yards rushing! This equates to Johnson Central's game average in rushing.

In other words, Greenup County did no better than Johnson Central's other opponents against JC this year.
Muskies will have a tall task ahead of them Friday night at Putnam Stadium. Grizzle will have them ready, but I don't know if they have the talent at the skills position yet to pull this one off, that being said if Ashland comes out flat and plays poorly this game could to turn into a real slobber knocker! Muskies are gonna have to "Muk It Up" to win this one, no turnovers, punt and play field position and try to catch the Tomcats asleep via the deep ball. Muskies need to commit to stopping the run cause Ashland can't throw well enough to beat them.

All this being said I see Ashland outlasting Greenup in this one. Muskies will come out play hard and throw the whole kitchen sink at em, but in the end Ashland's talent will win out.

Ashland- 35

Greenup- 21
But if the Muskies could pull this off its safe to say this will be the biggest win for Greenup football in at least a decade maybe two. My heart will be with Greenup this one!
Muskies need to use size on offense throw in a couple wrinkles with two tight ends and use there size to try to play ball control and limit Ashland's offensive possessions. It's not gonna be pretty if Greenup wins this one its gonna down right ugly.
THINBLUELINE411 Wrote:But if the Muskies could pull this off its safe to say this will be the biggest win for Greenup football in at least a decade maybe two. My heart will be with Greenup this one!

A win at Ashland would be right up there with the District Championship win at Boyd County in 2007.
Don't anyone take me picking Ashland in this one as me not pulling for Greenup. I want to see Greenup pull this one off. Would be a HUGE win for the program and community and if it happens I will gladly eat my crow. I just don't think Greenup has the team speed offensively and defensively they can't stop the run. It's goina be hard and a pretty long shot, but I'd love to see GC get the win.
This Friday 13th the Musketeers will enter Putnam. Once they take the field, some Tomcats will attempt to cross the Musketeers' paths. The only team who experience bad luck on this night will be a bunch of Tomcats who are going to get a swift kick up their backsides. The Musketeers leave Putnam with the win.
Westside Wrote:The only team who experience bad luck on this night will be a bunch of Tomcats who are going to get a swift kick up their backsides.

Sounds like child abuse to me....or should we call PETA instead?